Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 26, 2018 4:22 PM

Dec 2014
pure said:
Fidelium said:

@pure And why doing it?

oh my bad because uhm i don't like the feel of it? or look of it? like im always either wearing skirts or shorts so i just would prefer to shave my legs.

if u want to be a hairy person or not give a fuck then go for it i really dont care tbh
Eh and you for sure positive it's just because you like the feel of it?
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Sep 26, 2018 4:29 PM

Dec 2014
Sweet said:
Fidelium said:
Yeah, I guess you're right, but I think they shave anyways.

Even, it doesn't mean people should be disrepecting women that don't shave, nor women should force themselves to shave.

My point was that it's not a coincidence that the majority of girls might say that they do it because "they feel pretty" or because "it looks unclean/ugly if I let my body hair grow", while thinking they are actively deciding to think that way. It's called s o c i a l p r e s s u r e. And I'm pretty sure it would be a hella rare thing to see a woman shaving her legs if society had never educated us that hairy legs are not attractive, and that if you're not attractive enough then you deserve less respect.

And yeah, even if you don't like how it looks, people need to understand that women are not entitled to them. They don't live to look attractive to men or to anyone else. And it should their choice what they dedide to do or not with their body hair. As simple as that.
You're absolutely right, I just can't buy the fact that they shave their legs because they like doing it. I'm sure the marjority is using the "it look unclean" argument just to not sound inferior or something, I just pretend I believe on it, really...
Again, I apreciate your honesty. I'm actually surprised.

Yes, people should seeing your post, but unfortunate that women don't put out things off their chest. Sorry for generalizing, but it's just too frequent.

Well, if we totally agree and believe in something, why not putting it on practice?
Sep 26, 2018 4:31 PM

May 2016
Fidelium said:
pure said:

oh my bad because uhm i don't like the feel of it? or look of it? like im always either wearing skirts or shorts so i just would prefer to shave my legs.

if u want to be a hairy person or not give a fuck then go for it i really dont care tbh
Eh and you for sure positive it's just because you like the feel of it?

yea, i dont like the feel of hairy legs on me because its like prickly?? doesn't feel good... i'd rather feel smooth

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Sep 26, 2018 5:12 PM

Jan 2013
Fidelium said:
You're absolutely right

Thank you senpai u///u

I just can't buy the fact that they shave their legs because they like doing it. I'm sure the marjority is using the "it look unclean" argument just to not sound inferior or something, I just pretend I believe on it, really...

While some of them are aware that they are not being honest, a whole lot of them might not even know it's a thing set up by society so we could fit their beauty standards and spend money and time on it. It's a really common thing, don't be too harsh on yourself and other girls.

Again, I apreciate your honesty. I'm actually surprised.

You're welcome. <3 It would be a real pity if I coudn't be honest at least on the internet, booh.

Yes, people should seeing your post, but unfortunate that women don't put out things off their chest. Sorry for generalizing, but it's just too frequent.

There are always some exceptions, but it's really rare to find one. This entire thread proves it lol.

Well, if we totally agree and believe in something, why not putting it on practice?

I like going at my own pace, and I don't think I'm mentally prepared to confront the people who would judge me for not shaving anymore. It's one of my goals to be able to do it in the future, though. And I will always deffend these kinds of perspectives anyways, of course.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Sep 26, 2018 5:52 PM

Jul 2015
i pretty much shave all of my body but only shave my legs once in a while. i am not a fan of body hair and i like how smooth my legs feel after, that and i think it makes me look cute.

Sep 26, 2018 10:36 PM

Jun 2015
@Fidelium Yeah, sociatal pressure. If there were no pressure for women to shave I wouldn't do it. Like men don't nessecarily have to shave, they shave for themselves.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Sep 26, 2018 10:42 PM

May 2013
On occasion~ UFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFU :3

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 26, 2018 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
Every women should shave their legs unless your hair is very thin and barely noticeable. The last thing I want to see on a hot girl would be some hair covered legs to where she looks like a gorilla.

Now if your a heterosexual male please do not shave your legs.
Sep 27, 2018 1:59 AM
Sep 2018
I like beauty and different skirts and dresses, and of course, for this, my legs should be smooth. I was looking for a long time for the best home epilator, and I need advice may be sugaring is better and modern now? I never use it. It's hurt?
Sep 27, 2018 3:42 AM

Dec 2014
Mayumi said:
@Fidelium Yeah, sociatal pressure. If there were no pressure for women to shave I wouldn't do it. Like men don't nessecarily have to shave, they shave for themselves.

So you would rather do what others say than doing what you want to do?

Aired said:
Every women should shave their legs unless your hair is very thin and barely noticeable. The last thing I want to see on a hot girl would be some hair covered legs to where she looks like a gorilla.

Now if your a heterosexual male please do not shave your legs.
No they shouldn't.
Sep 27, 2018 4:43 AM

Jun 2015
@Fidelium I guess you could put it like that. i find it cleaner and prettier.

i think the fact that many find it prettier and cleaner is social pressure in itself. the same thing isn't true for most men. no one told them they had to shave, so they don't find it necessary, but some still do to feel good.

also to add, i sort of agree with Sweet in the sense that i'm not prepared to face that kind of judgement on my appearance. There are people in this thread saying that the last thing they'd wanna see in a woman is hairy legs or body.
plus if you already have body image issues, you don't wanna hear someone say you look like a gorilla.

Sep 27, 2018 4:47 AM

Apr 2018
Eww girls with hair on their legs ....who tf wants that
Sep 27, 2018 4:58 AM

Dec 2014
Mayumi said:

i think the fact that many find it prettier and cleaner is social pressure in itself. the same thing isn't true for most men. no one told them they had to shave, so they don't find it necessary, but some still do to feel good.

also to add, i sort of agree with Sweet in the sense that i'm not prepared to face that kind of judgement on my appearance. There are people in this thread saying that the last thing they'd wanna see in a woman is hairy legs or body.
plus if you already have body image issues, you don't wanna hear someone say you look like a gorilla.
People should respect everyone mutually, you should do whatever is confortable for you. Is it too hard to talk back? Is it too hard to request respect?

Why should you live under other's asses?

If someone called me a gorilla, I say "Can't you take care of you life"?
Sep 27, 2018 9:56 AM

Aug 2015
Not anymore but I did it before just for healthy!

Sep 27, 2018 9:58 AM

Aug 2015
Fidelium said:
Mayumi said:

People should respect everyone mutually, you should do whatever is confortable for you. Is it too hard to talk back? Is it too hard to request respect?

Why should you live under other's asses?

off topic but your quote in your banner it's from El chavo lmao, right? hahahaa....

Sep 27, 2018 7:12 PM

Feb 2015
i did for the first time in my life a few days ago. the reason why was because i had suffered with hair sensitivity (like my hairs would get ripped out if i stood too close to a snaggy type thing) and they itched constantly. still i decided to keep it for years longer than i should have. a few days ago i decided it was time.
Sep 27, 2018 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
Every person on this thread saying that women with hairy legs are "gorillas" owes me 15 bucks :)

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Sep 27, 2018 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
Mayumi said:
I've never heard anyone telling a girl they had to shave either, unless your parents did. But people say that we should shave, to appear well-groomed, so we don't look homeless, or like a terrorist or hipster or whatever names people come up with. It's the same thing with regard to mainstream culture. I will say that men have more countercultural options in this respect, since we have been turning against mainstream culture for some time now, since we've had more rights for longer.

One thing though. I know it wasn't you who said this, but when people say something like, "Society tells us what's pretty", that's a pretty careless statement to make. I mean it might as well be true, but I bet my dollar no one who said this thought of all its ramifications. For instance, society tells us a lot of things, such as what's moral, what's legal, what a respectable job is, what we should learn in school, what manners we should have, what we should wear, what genders we are, etc.

It would be pretty silly to consider all of that completely arbitrary (as in it's up to an individual whether she follows it) for the only reason that it's what society told her.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 27, 2018 10:27 PM

Sep 2018
I don't anymore.
- I wear jeans or pants almost exclusively.
- I don't give a heck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- It would irritate my skin afterwards.
- My husband doesn't care, and even if he did I still don't think I would.

Sep 28, 2018 5:19 AM

Jun 2015
katsucats said:
I've never heard anyone telling a girl they had to shave either, unless your parents did. But people say that we should shave, to appear well-groomed, so we don't look homeless, or like a terrorist or hipster or whatever names people come up with. It's the same thing with regard to mainstream culture. I will say that men have more countercultural options in this respect, since we have been turning against mainstream culture for some time now, since we've had more rights for longer.

One thing though. I know it wasn't you who said this, but when people say something like, "Society tells us what's pretty", that's a pretty careless statement to make. I mean it might as well be true, but I bet my dollar no one who said this thought of all its ramifications. For instance, society tells us a lot of things, such as what's moral, what's legal, what a respectable job is, what we should learn in school, what manners we should have, what we should wear, what genders we are, etc.

It would be pretty silly to consider all of that completely arbitrary (as in it's up to an individual whether she follows it) for the only reason that it's what society told her.

Well, men aren't exactly pressured to shave their whole body. well groomed faciar hair is good, but no ones gonna say they wouldn't date a guy with leg hair, or prefer guys to shave they whole body. given some guys do shave for their own gain. no ones gonna tell a man that they look gross and like a gorilla if they don't shave their legs or chest.
But thats what women are told if they choose to not shave their legs. In this thread itself there are people who've written that. when it comes to women, they don't have that "counterculture" option, whenever the "feminazis" said they werent gonna shave and go without shaving men and women alike went on an outrage. given their approach was itself wrong, but women have way less options about body hair than men, and that is the social pressure i was referring to.

maybe i dont completely understand your argument, but when people go against society's standards, they are immediately judged and questioned on they action in a negative way. whether you do something illegal or decide to be the opposite gender, youre gonna get backlash. that goes the same with appearance.

some people just aren't ready to accept that backlash.

@Fidelium People should respect everyone mutually, you should do whatever is confortable for you. Is it too hard to talk back? Is it too hard to request respect? Why should you live under other's asses?
it may be easy for some, and for others its not. for me, its not easy to just defy this kind of thing, especially in the culture i live in, where almost everyone is extremely narrow minded and opposed to change.

i'd tell them to mind their own business if someone told me that in my face, but i'd still feel bad. but many people i know aren't brave enough to do that exactly.
TinniSep 28, 2018 5:26 AM

Sep 28, 2018 5:40 AM

Dec 2014
Mayumi said:
katsucats said:

Well, men aren't exactly pressured to shave their whole body. well groomed faciar hair is good, but no ones gonna say they wouldn't date a guy with leg hair, or prefer guys to shave they whole body. given some guys do shave for their own gain. no ones gonna tell a man that they look gross and like a gorilla if they don't shave their legs or chest.
But thats what women are told if they choose to not shave their legs. In this thread itself there are people who've written that. when it comes to women, they don't have that "counterculture" option, whenever the "feminazis" said they werent gonna shave and go without shaving men and women alike went on an outrage. given their approach was itself wrong, but women have way less options about body hair than men, and that is the social pressure i was referring to.

maybe i dont completely understand your argument, but when people go against society's standards, they are immediately judged and questioned on they action in a negative way. whether you do something illegal or decide to be the opposite gender, youre gonna get backlash. that goes the same with appearance.

some people just aren't ready to accept that backlash.

@Fidelium People should respect everyone mutually, you should do whatever is confortable for you. Is it too hard to talk back? Is it too hard to request respect? Why should you live under other's asses?
it may be easy for some, and for others its not. for me, its not easy to just defy this kind of thing, especially in the culture i live in, where almost everyone is extremely narrow minded and opposed to change.

i'd tell them to mind their own business if someone told me that in my face, but i'd still feel bad. but many people i know aren't brave enough to do that exactly.
Iirc, in your culture you can't show your legs at all right?

And what if you are abroad? Don't you go to more civilized places?

So, be brave as well to talk back ;)
Sep 29, 2018 4:53 AM

Dec 2014
Maou_heika said:
I don't. I always wear full length jeans anyways so no one can tell.
If you didn't, would you do it anyways?

Usagi said:
I mainly only wear dresses and skirts, so I shave my legs every few days. I don't really find it anymore of a hassle than doing my hair or makeup, so it doesn't bother me.
Skirts and dresses are really cute, but does hair really bother them to not be cute?

If doing hair or makeup is so hassle so why doing it?

Bambi said:
I do, but I'm really bad at it. I always cut myself because I'm heavy handed with things. Not too long ago I tried waxing and it felt satisfying.
Alright, so you would rather waxing over shaving...?

And regardless, why you take your body hair alway anyways?

Sweet said:
Every person on this thread saying that women with hairy legs are "gorillas" owes me 15 bucks :)
So brave xD
FragMentizedSep 29, 2018 4:56 AM
Sep 29, 2018 5:50 AM
Aug 2016
Nithirel said:
It'd probably be a bit odd for a guy to do it for no reason.

Why would it be weird? I do it for no reason and it's not odd at all. I mean, it's not exactly for no reason, it's for the fact that I like my legs to be soft and I can't stand body hair, and I also think shaved legs are more sexy when it comes to both girls and guys. Body hair is so not aesthetic. Beauty is important too, you know?
Sep 29, 2018 7:55 AM

Oct 2014
Kuroko-chan said:
Nithirel said:
It'd probably be a bit odd for a guy to do it for no reason.

Why would it be weird? I do it for no reason and it's not odd at all. I mean, it's not exactly for no reason, it's for the fact that I like my legs to be soft and I can't stand body hair, and I also think shaved legs are more sexy when it comes to both girls and guys. Body hair is so not aesthetic. Beauty is important too, you know?

While you dislike body hair, others may like it. Everyone has different tastes -- myself included. So when I say it would be weird, it would be weird for me. Since I've done it before I know what it's like and I wasn't a fan (but did it for a purpose then).

Also, no woman I've ever been with has even hinted at the fact that I should shave any of my body hair (except my face, which I also have experienced on both sides (some for shave beard, some for don't)). So it would also be weird on those grounds that I would be doing it for no reason.
Sep 29, 2018 8:11 PM

Apr 2013
I shave my legs. I don't like the process, but I do it because I like how smooth my legs are especially after applying lotion/oils to them like you're supposed to to avoid irritation (saw complaints about this, but if you do this regularly, it becomes less and less irritating).

I just do it now for self satisfaction. If I'm lazy and don't want to do it, then I don't. But i like seeing and feeling my smooth an soft legs so I do it. I also shave other parts of my body. I just don't care for body hair besides head hair and the pubes (since these play an actual role in protecting the body from pathogens more likely to enter the reproductive/urinary system, especially if you accidentally cut yourself, like my stupid friends have done).
Sep 29, 2018 8:58 PM

Sep 2018
shaving's okay but I rarely do it because my legs are always covered and no one really stares at them. there are CERTAIN areas that hurt like a bitch when I shave it though. Like the armpit. maybe I shaved it wrong.
Sep 30, 2018 2:51 AM

Mar 2012
Fidelium said:
Maou_heika said:
I don't. I always wear full length jeans anyways so no one can tell.
If you didn't, would you do it anyways?
I used to wear stockings (the type that wouldn't show my skin) back when I still wore dresses and skirts, I'd most probably stick with that. But I would chop them off with scissors or something if I absolutely had to wear something that would show my bare legs. I remember trying out some weird/crazy things to get rid of body hair when it started to grow out initially. I would have followed the normal "beauty standards" if I was a normal girl belonging to a normal family.
Oct 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Sep 2015
Yes, simply because I feel like a man if I dont
Oct 17, 2018 1:38 PM

Feb 2010
i prefer my skin to be smooth and silky so body hair is a no no. dont care what guys think its my own preference
Oct 17, 2018 1:42 PM

Aug 2018
Shaving my legs is a must!

Frick the cold weather, give me smooth calves baby. <3

If they get even a tad stubby, it unsettles me to a degree because of the friction and the hairiness. And as someone with fair skin, it becomes obvious when I'm not shaving.
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Oct 17, 2018 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
i'm a little hairier than most girls and i find it pretty necessary to shave.
Oct 17, 2018 3:11 PM

Jul 2017
yes because i dislike being hairy and smooth skin makes me more comfortable
whether that person be a guy or a girl, shaving legs seems natural to me
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 2 hours ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
25 seconds ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

29 by DesuMaiden »»
19 minutes ago

» What's the most illegal thing you've ever done? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Mar 15

51 by DesuMaiden »»
31 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

63 by duchessliz87 »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

60 by vampirismsxc »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.