Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 30, 2021 1:11 AM

Jul 2021
that's one gigantic ugly ass titan.

looks like titan action is going to begin for this season.

it was sick to see eren transform and do that hardening thing.

hmm so eren's dad is not the bad guy, glad that got cleared. he's a great guy who set eren on the path to save humanity from titans.

interested to see what's erwin planning.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 4, 2022 7:36 AM

Dec 2012
Eren is freed.
Rod is larger than the Colossal Kyojin?
Eren transforms.
Hold shit! Rod is huge!
Erwin.
Susume!
Eren used Hardening.
lol at Sasha.
WTF is Rod.
Historia will become Queen.
Dat ending.

Watch date: 5/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2022 9:37 PM

Dec 2020
woah.. that. might've been the first time eren seemed so.. powerless. hopeless. he had surrendered out of guilt and trapped himself in that situation, when rod reiss transformed and they were almost crushed he just felt guilty and kept crying, not even thinking or hoping for another way out of this. the usual eren would be all "dont worry everyone, there's definitely a way out of this. we'll just have to try!!!" something like that but this time HE LITERALLYYY JUST. MY GOD

wait csn i just say i loveeeeeveveveve sasha talking in her hometown accent, without putting on a fake voice and way of talking. so so cute

LMFAOO WAIT THE "become the queen" "alright" i heard that the manga was a lot .... more than just those. of course connie and jean said a few things but the manga seemed more .... agressive lol

historia a baddieee tho. love her sm
Jan 21, 2022 5:44 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So that's the armored serum. Surely its created more question than the answer, about why Rod need to bring that serum too, even if his intention just to make Historia into the Founding Titan. Whats he gained up bringing all those important serums within himself, not put into a safe place? If only they were searching his briefcase more, they sure finding something more 'interesting' there.

Too bad you can't even questioned the owner of those things, because he might've been the target for the humanity, Erwin forces to be exactly, to be killed for next. No wonder its can be called as plot 'armor' considering all the circumstances. But, honestly its fine. I think its a better move rather than suddenly, with unknown power-up, Eren found a way to save them all from those collapsing crystallic cavern, no matter justification that comes later. Right?

In the meantime, i am glad Hange was okay there. Kenny squad once again get wrecked, but Kenny was unknown. Historia determined taking the role as the queen, but she asked one (last) request, must be about Ymir. Lol at Mikasa comment, really hate that runt.

There, Rod huge-ass worm flame titan objective should've been a good question too. Why he moved into those district? Wanna go outside, or those district for the exact? Hopefully there's an answer. But if not, lets just continue and bury my curiosity as the time pass by. Lets see...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 17, 2022 7:28 AM
Aug 2022
why he crawling like that 💀💀💀
Mar 15, 2023 9:01 PM
Apr 2021
I knew Grisha Jaeger was good.
Rod is a liar.
I want Eren to eat Rod Reis and inherit the power.
Crazy that Historia
chose to save Eren, I like her more.
Still that lingering question about the Ackerman backstory.
Mar 26, 2023 7:32 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Levi: So yeah, Historia, you have to become queen now.

Mikasa: Don't worry, when you're queen, you can punch that runt in the face.

...or the arm, whichever works better for you.

Man I can't really believe people were complaining about this cgi here. It looks really good imo, better than the cgi titans we got in the final season part 1, and also better than the colossal titan's cgi in s3 p2. And speaking of this rod reiss titan, why didn't he go for Eren and try to eat him, wasn't that the whole point? Did the guy lose his mind?

Another small nitpick, but it was kind of convenient that some HARDENING serum (didn't even know that existed) was found just beside Eren when he needed it most. Sure it makes sense to find it here I guess, probably was in that bag with the titan serum, and fell out of the bag when Historia brought up to Eren, but still, why exactly would it be in there other than for the sake of protecting our main characters? They sure could've just written a different way to survive, perhaps finding a hole in the wall earlier and escaping, but I guess this makes for more interesting development. Seems just a bit random though. I hear that parts of this season were rushed compared to the manga. I'm willing to bet that Eren gains or learns the hardening ability in a different method, but they wanted to cut time and just had magical serum appear before him. I could be completely wrong, but that's honestly how it feels to me.

Anyway, man these past couple episodes just make you really love Historia. She's just so caring and understanding, and too good to belong in such a world.
BetaMaleUltraMar 26, 2023 7:41 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 2023 3:00 PM

Sep 2019
Historia's psychology changes so wonderfully and smoothly.
Titanic couple bruhhh
Historia, come and be friends with me.
Aren't they waiting to kill the titan Rod as well?
Why not mix that water for Historia to drink, it's easier to drink than to inject?
Levi - Eren, and the familiar saying.
Where do you sell titanium potions? I need to build a castle.
The Titan's solidified, but how did they get Eren out easily?
Art... uhm idk i'm not a fan of that 3d art.
I know Historia has become stronger, but anyway Rod cared for her and moved her to tears, the fact that she completely ignored her father after he turned titan was really a bit cruel. She's not Ymir.
Right. At least she explained.
Hey. 19:10 art sucks. The Eren-Hanji group looks like a 3m titan.
Friendship again, but why do Connie and Jean care so much about Historia? Let Eren speak. Please author let Eren love Historia, please.
Whenever the story focuses on plans, emotions become the weak point of the characters.
dakuchonekobingMar 31, 2023 3:05 PM
Apr 23, 2023 7:21 PM

Apr 2021
I'm ready for some sick titan action. Also, Eren's dad is really just a good guy trying to protect humanity? 

Apr 29, 2023 6:03 AM

Nov 2010
Is it random what type of Titan you'll become once you inject that serum? I'm curious about that.
I thought Eren would get a new Titan form.
I'm glad Hange survived, but damn, she has been prone to get banged up since S2.
Ah, so that's Eren's father's end goal. I thought the twist was he's a villain.
That OST, in the end, is so epic! It's one of my faves.
Jul 26, 2023 3:32 PM
Nov 2019
bakuramariks said:
I wanna be honest but that'll break my heart. I am not happy with the adaptation so far, except for 1-2 episodes. I've read this arc and it offered me so many emotions, mysteries and new stuff which i think the anime didn't offer me the same experience in gradually revealing and adding new stuff to the story. This arc made me feel the world they live in is something bigger than their lives in general. It's not because i've read the Uprising, no. Cut scenes, added stuff, changed dialogue, fast pacing... No. One of the things i am disappointed with is how WIT Studio decided for Levi to stay the same. The same, cold, unresponsive almost, badass character, but in the manga i saw his true inner world. I saw him who he truly is. He expressed emotions. Even just with his eyebrows! Besides that, anime onlies will never witness one of the best quotes from a character. I put it into spoiler tag althought this is passed gone and will never happen so anime onlies can rest assured that it won't spoil you anything not happened yet.

Also, how can they change this

to this

How can that be?! Why?!

The episode was good tho. And Rod will give me nightmares.
Well... after reading the source material for this season I have to kinda agree with you. I still love the season, but some things could definitely have been better and it's very worth it to read the manga as well.
Jul 26, 2023 3:37 PM
Nov 2019
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

It was nice to see everyone supporting Eren to get him back on track.
Someone needs to explain this titan hardening to me. I don't seen to recall this mentioned before nor do I remember Eren trying to train to use it. I thought it was a power unique to the Amored Titan. What was that armor bottle even doing there? Who brought it?

Rod Reiss's titan is so damn huge, I'd call him a huge centipede over a titan though because of the way he was moving. xD
The CGI wasn't all that bad, it was way better than Colossal's CGI we had last season.

So Eren's Dad was basically trying to eliminate the Reiss bloodline in the hopes that someone else can learn to control the power's of the Founding Titan in which case the First King's brainwashing wouldn't have effect?

It'd be cool to see Historia as the queen, she doesn't seem to be against doing it so I'm interested in how that's gonna play out but I guess dealing with Rod Reiss comes first.
The Survey Corps hoped that maybe Eren could use hardening too, after discovering that crystalized tissue from the Female Titan didn't disappear. They did experiments where he tried it after the end of S2 (a real shame that they cut out most of it in the anime), but he couldn't. The bottle came from Rod's bag that Historia grabbed and took keys out of.
Jul 27, 2023 4:51 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jul 30, 2023 9:15 PM
Sep 2022
Look at Rodd, that guy is really massive

The next target is clear: they have to retake the Wall Maria and investigate the basement. I think there will be no problem

Looking forward to know how Historia will be as a leader. If she start to harm everyone will be disappointing. That change of side of hers looks like too abrupt to me.
Aug 24, 2023 9:39 PM
Jan 2023
Love Historia's character development in this episode, she's becoming more of a bad@$$ 😎
Oct 16, 2023 9:18 PM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Good episode, interesting that Eren is willing to die if this saves humanity and I liked his determination to trust himself, now he has the power of hardening. I liked Historia's sincerity and determination, we will see what plan Erwin has to kill Rod Reiss

Buen episodio, interesante que Eren esta dispuesto a morir si esto salva a la humanidad y me gusto su determinacion a confiar en el mismo, ahora tiene el poder de endurecimiento. Me gusto la sinceridad y determinacion de Historia, veremos que plan tiene Erwin para matar a Rod Reiss
Nov 30, 2023 5:53 PM

Nov 2023
Damn, that was really cool and nice one Historia.
Jan 20, 6:31 PM
Oct 2020
The ODM battle scenes are my favorite part of this series. Go Historia! She's competing with Mikasa for my favorite now, seems like Mikasa has gotten less screen time lately, but I still like her character a lot. I'm not a huge fan of the Rod Reiss titan, a little on the grotesque side for me. But the scientist in me appreciates that they included to detail of such a large frame not being able to walk upright and would have to crawl. To the extent that accuracy is even necessary in something that's entirely made up. *shrug*
Mar 19, 3:14 AM
Jul 2023
Idk how I feel about this….
- Hange is alright, thank god
- Why is Rod so god damn big!!
- Eren finding some random bottle of Titan hardening is actual BULLSHIT. Why is it just there?? That’s so anime, it makes me so mad! This show is usually amazing with filling in plot holes and making everything make sense, but this is just shit. Just a bottle that happened to be on the floor is gonna change the plot. God damn it.
- ANYWAY. Historia will be queen! A good move on her part. I wonder what’s gonna happen since she wants to “gamble” with the chance
- “you can punch that runt when you’re queen” lol
Mar 19, 3:17 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to TheGoldenStar
Great episode as usual. Nice to see the gang back together. I'm still scratching my head at the OBVIOUS convenience with the magic bottle of titan armor or whatever randomly appearing. Was this ever explained? Did i miss something? I remember Eren practicing his hardening ability in the first episode of season 3 but i don't think they ever elaborated on it.

Interesting how Eren's father looked like a villain last episode, but now upon reflection his actions seem reasonable. I'm wondering where this will go. Rod's Titan is cool. The CGI is decent at best. Historia's growth as a character is wonderful.
@TheGoldenStar for real! Actual plot armour, even on rewatch. Worst 3 minutes of the entire show in my opinion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

243 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.