Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2018 12:33 AM

Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I didn't even know this got an anime adaptation. It's one of my first and one of my favorite colored manhua. Seen bits and pieces of this episode on youtube and while it's a shame that it's 3D, I must say the scenery in the first few minutes was breathtaking!! Such beautiful setting..

Tang San is by far my favorite thing about the series, it's a little disappointed that I couldn't recognize him by model with this 3D animation, it's not hideous but could be a lot better. Seeing the pretty decent score for this series gives me some hope though that it will turn out great.

Hopefully this and many other manhua anime will open the path for more wuxia story getting a manhua adaptation and is getting regularly scanlated.

.. also hoping that the manhua wont be rushed to hell anymore.. it was so freakin good until they started to rush the story
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 29, 2019 7:34 PM

Jun 2011
welp starting this marathon now, I am excited for the story to develop. Honestly don't really mind the different looking 3D animation anymore, if they had to sacrifice 2D animation for the art to look this good, then so be it. One thing though, the action is rather hard to follow at times.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 4, 2019 7:51 AM
Mar 2018
It doesn't matter how many times I reread the light novel and manhua or even rewatch the donghua, it's still fun. The whole episode was epic from beginning to end and the chase leading to reincarnation was pretty heartbreaking and emotional. I love it.
Aug 23, 2021 6:43 PM

Jan 2021
I can’t believe I didn’t know it had a Donghua.
Nov 13, 2021 8:00 AM

Jul 2014
Amazing how highly rated an anime with zero interest is.
Aug 20, 2022 9:58 PM
Oct 2019
the background landscapes are quite impressive. the camera angles during that initial fight through the woods were hard to follow along though. too "bouncy" and chaotic. i don't want to be there running alongside the mc. i'd much prefer to be seated nearby, watching it like a movie

as for the episode, it was decent. he kills himself as penance for disobeying clan law, even though he was the clan's genius. and he is resurrected in "soul land" as a 6 year old. but he still has the same last name i thought i heard... idk wtf is going on haha

7/10 episode. more like a 6/10 because not enough has happened to really be invested in this show, but i'm giving it the benefit of the doubt
Dec 17, 2022 10:46 AM
Dec 2022
i love that episode.
Sep 10, 2023 1:01 PM

Sep 2013
...this is episode 1, right? Am I missing something? It just blasted through a ton of stuff I've never even heard of. I have no idea how anything is connected or what's going on, and I don't even remember anyone's names at this point. All I know is vaguely that some guy broke some clan rules, jumped off a cliff, and maybe this new kid is him who got reincarnated? Why is the storytelling so incoherent and all over the place?

But the 2007 graphics and town at 13:55 reminds me of Fable's Oakvale

More topics from this board

» How much does the 2021 cdrama cover?

Aurelianos - Oct 22, 2021

2 by FiflyAnimeLover »»
Feb 4, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 26 Discussion

Hancock23 - Oct 6, 2019

4 by goingtoprofandy »»
Jan 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 2 Discussion

Hancock23 - Oct 4, 2019

2 by daddy7860 »»
Sep 10, 2023 3:37 PM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 7 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Jan 30, 2019

4 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 6, 2023 12:23 AM

Poll: » Douluo Dalu Episode 21 Discussion

Hancock23 - Oct 6, 2019

1 by EsieEyen »»
Aug 29, 2022 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.