Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 31, 2018 6:06 AM

Sep 2013
1 - anime doesn't need to be saved.
2 - a feature of a character, alone, isn't anything at all to an interesting story, it needs development, story, interaction, that being said, being homosexual alone isn't nearly possibly enough to do anything in itself to the story, to me, stories that are around this concept ( not only on anime ) are utterly garbage, it needs more than that to make a good story.

summary : no
Aug 31, 2018 6:10 AM

Jul 2017
Yes OP, gay anime characters can save anime.
Aug 31, 2018 6:20 AM

Jun 2014
Swagernator said:
That would be the end of anime world if it was a fujoshi anime that would save anime.

UrbanSpaceman said:
and "boys love" fans.

Just call them fujoshi, that name has a meaning.

Hey now, we're not all female.

Some of us are "Fudanshi."

Sep 4, 2018 7:16 AM
Aug 2018
Yes they can, but only if they are cute.
Sep 4, 2018 7:58 AM

Feb 2015
It already have been saved, for the cultural masochism of Japan will throughly spread worldwide and, we as its main pioneer will be hailed as Goddess and true believe that pantsu is not just a piece of clothing, but it carves a deeper meaning wholly about the existence of why we cannot resist fappable waifus and their disgusted look.

Source: Iya na Kao sare nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai

Oh, but an isekai anime featuring traps isn't bad. It's just that Japan still cannot accept that trap asshole are far better than...

Mhhh

yeah... but then again traps isn't gay... so...
Sep 4, 2018 9:07 AM

Jan 2015
No, but Yarichin Bitch-bu saved me.

Sep 4, 2018 9:09 AM

Jan 2015
GoddessofMayhem said:
Did Yuri on Ice save anime? How about Bana na Fish?

Banana Fish is not about the gayness since the main reason why it's even mentioned is

Sep 4, 2018 9:10 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I love yuri. I would also enjoy more androgynous / genderbender characters such as Astolfo or Hime in Himegoto or Hideri in Blend S. It really adds something to have a bit of inclusion. But I don't want it pictured like it's to be hidden or censored, and I'd heavily hate on every anime out there putting up transphobic expression, because I can.

Sep 4, 2018 9:10 AM

Dec 2015
Gay characters can definitely enrich the medium, especially if homosexual relations are explored with the proper care. Unfortunately, I am not sure if it will happen any time soon, as anime generally panders to a predominately hetero normative audience.
Sep 4, 2018 9:19 AM

Apr 2018
What is the point? It's a character trait sure, and it can be interesting. But in no way can one gay character save a bad show, or anime in general. Heck anime doesn't need saving the Industry is going quite well.

So my answer is no
Wake me up for another crusade
Sep 4, 2018 9:22 AM

Dec 2014
aliquae said:
But the real question is: does anime needs to be saved?

Seriously, before trying to save anime you should ask it if it wants to be saved or not.
Sep 4, 2018 9:31 AM

Jan 2017
No, we need more MILFs and Senpais. They are the real saviors.
Sep 4, 2018 9:34 AM

Dec 2015
DEUSVULTs said:
What is the point? It's a character trait sure, and it can be interesting. But in no way can one gay character save a bad show, or anime in general. Heck anime doesn't need saving the Industry is going quite well.

So my answer is no

The issue of inclusion is bigger than the mere success of the industry. With industry success as the only driving force, more and more anime perpetuating harmful views are churned out. If more studios stepped up and tried to produce anime depicting well-fleshed out gay characters, it would be refreshing and an overall net positive.
Sep 4, 2018 9:35 AM

Nov 2008
Sounds like the EXACT thing tumblr would say. Lol *uses tumblr*

Also, no.

Sep 4, 2018 9:36 AM

Oct 2010
Nothing can save anime cause it's in no need to be saved. Also, an adaptation of Murcielago would be cool as hell.
Sep 4, 2018 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
steponmeazula said:
Swagernator said:

Only the first romance tag is the actual romance, the rest is just fetish.

Then you completely missed my point. Love is love no matter what genders are involved. They're all the same.

But some people don't like or cannot relate to seeing two males together/ two females together. Getting rid of specific types of romance tags is a terrible idea, imho.

Sep 4, 2018 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:

Also, no.

So, you don't like gay bishies, huh?

Sep 4, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 2008
Seiya said:
Chiibi said:

Also, no.

So, you don't like gay bishies, huh?

I didn't say THAT. XD I just don't think anime needs to be "saved" by LGBT characters; it's fine as is.

Sep 4, 2018 9:46 AM

Feb 2016
Chiibi said:
steponmeazula said:

Then you completely missed my point. Love is love no matter what genders are involved. They're all the same.

But some people don't like or cannot relate to seeing two males together/ two females together. Getting rid of specific types of romance tags is a terrible idea, imho.

Having to relate to something to watch it is stupid. That means you're close-minded. I don't relate to ANY characters in my favorite animes, but that doesn't mean I can't like them. They're interesting because they're different.
Sep 4, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2008
steponmeazula said:
Chiibi said:

Having to relate to something to watch it is stupid. That means you're close-minded.

Okay, let's go back to plain "not liking it", then. I am not a yuri fan and I will not actively seek it out.

Sep 4, 2018 10:08 AM

Feb 2016
Chiibi said:
steponmeazula said:

Having to relate to something to watch it is stupid. That means you're close-minded.

Okay, let's go back to plain "not liking it", then. I am not a yuri fan and I will not actively seek it out.

You are still close-minded. People watch romance to see two people fall in love, why do the genders even matter? The romance is not any different because it's lesbian instead of straight.
Sep 4, 2018 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
steponmeazula said:

You are still close-minded.

I'm "close-minded" because I prefer hot guy love interests instead? Don't gimme that crap. It's my personal preference. It's like liking flavors of ice cream, ffs.

This is why I hate yuri/yaoi fans; they are so intolerant of others not liking their obsession.

You like it?

GOOD, I'M GLAD.

Don't push it on me; don't sit there and be all judgemental and critical; you are building a negative reputation and making it worse.

Sep 4, 2018 10:14 AM

Feb 2016
Chiibi said:
steponmeazula said:

I'm "close-minded" because I prefer hot guy love interests instead? Don't gimme that crap. It's my personal preference. It's like liking flavors of ice cream, ffs.

Why didn't you say that then? That you only watch anime for the eye candy, not plot. That changes everything.
Sep 4, 2018 10:16 AM

Nov 2008
steponmeazula said:
That you only watch anime for the eye candy, not plot.

That part's not really true, either.

Sep 4, 2018 10:16 AM

Jun 2015
Shinji saved Evangelion
so, gay characters CAN save the anime
10q

Sep 4, 2018 10:21 AM

Feb 2016
Chiibi said:
steponmeazula said:

This is why I hate yuri/yaoi fans; they are so intolerant of others not liking their obsession.

You like it?

GOOD, I'M GLAD.

Don't push it on me; don't sit there and be all judgemental and critical; you are building a negative reputation and making it worse.

Saying you prefer to watch anime with straight romance is just like me saying I'd prefer to watch tv shows with white people and not other races. Genders and races should NEVER be an important factor.
Sep 4, 2018 10:22 AM

Dec 2015
Chiibi said:
steponmeazula said:

You like it?

GOOD, I'M GLAD.

Is it so wrong to want homosexual relations to get proper attention as well? No one said you are forced to watch it, but homosexuality deserves to be depicted as well, for the sake of inclusion. Even though you may not relate to it, there are plenty of people out there who do.
Sep 4, 2018 10:28 AM

Nov 2008
CherryLover said:
Chiibi said:

You like it?

GOOD, I'M GLAD.

Is it so wrong to want homosexual relations to get proper attention as well? No one said you are forced to watch it, but homosexuality deserves to be depicted as well, for the sake of inclusion. Even though you may not relate to it, there are plenty of people out there who do.

Nowhere in my post did I say it was "wrong".

But I don't like being harshly judged just because I prefer different romance. I find that insulting. That is all it boils down to.

Sep 4, 2018 10:31 AM

Apr 2018
CherryLover said:
DEUSVULTs said:

So my answer is no

The issue of inclusion is bigger than the mere success of the industry. With industry success as the only driving force, more and more anime perpetuating harmful views are churned out. If more studios stepped up and tried to produce anime depicting well-fleshed out gay characters, it would be refreshing and an overall net positive.

I'm not against depicting the LGBT but it has to be done well as you said. But let's get real here, what is the chance, that Anime a medium that primarily focuses on a male heterosexual audience does that well? Heck the only way I would see the anime industry depict LGBT is as a joke, like a running gag kind of thing. I won't see them trying to make a LGBT character refreshing or unique.
Wake me up for another crusade
Sep 4, 2018 10:35 AM

Nov 2008
steponmeazula said:

Saying you prefer to watch anime with straight romance is just like me saying I'd prefer to watch tv shows with white people and not other races.

My response would be "I don't care. Do what you want."

Instead of asking 20 questions, demanding to know why you feel that way.

Much of the LGBT community HATES straight romance. Do you think I go out of my way to interrogate them about this?

Lolnope. That's their choice.

Sep 4, 2018 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Dude, people have been trying to save anime since 1960.
Sep 4, 2018 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
Lmfao.. Gay characters had everything but depth.
And no they can't, since after all the industry doesn't need to be saved in the first place.
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Sep 4, 2018 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
the sexual preference of a character does not make you improve the quality of the overall work
Sep 4, 2018 12:10 PM

Mar 2015
Yes because love between two men is the purest form of love there is
Sep 4, 2018 12:34 PM

Sep 2017
only yuri can save anime then cuz yaoi is shit (even though i used to like it until recently)
Edward Elric > your waifu

Sep 4, 2018 12:44 PM
Dec 2015
Nope. If an anime is trash it will remain trash, regardless of a character's sexual orientation.
Sep 4, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2016
Dlwuik said:
only yuri can save anime then cuz yaoi is shit (even though i used to like it until recently)

You still like it, its one way trip.

You know it deep down.
Sep 4, 2018 1:38 PM

Sep 2017
Swagernator said:
Dlwuik said:

You still like it, its one way trip.

You know it deep down.

i know deep down you've always liked yaoi, you'll just never admit it
gottem
Edward Elric > your waifu

Sep 4, 2018 2:14 PM

Dec 2008
I have no official comment on this subject at this time.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Sep 4, 2018 2:50 PM
Aug 2018
Nah we'll just get more manservice shows. Which isn't a bad thing, but the threads will turn into shitshows just like any ecchi thread.
Sep 5, 2018 4:04 AM

Mar 2016
Only if they're traps. Bonus points for Astolfo.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

10 by Ten »»
9 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

16 by billybub »»
9 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
24 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.