Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 20, 2018 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
I enjoyed Persona 5. I enjoyed playing it, but what did they want to do with this animation is beyond me . Whole anime looks like promotion for a product. I mean, dude, I bought your game, played 200+ hours, wanted to see it animated, and I got this shit. I realise how big the game and the story is and they can't do that much for 25 eps, but at least they could have changed it up a little bit so it can at least look like an anime. It's like watching an anime that was cropped. They really did a bad job, the game didn't deserve this. It was way better they didn't do anything.
May 21, 2018 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
I welcome you to the world of:
- game adaptations
- LN adaptations

Take your time.
May 21, 2018 11:50 AM

Jul 2016
To promote the game or to adapt anime to complete the persona 5 collection

May 21, 2018 12:53 PM

Aug 2017
I don't think that this adaptation is bad but i don't like the first 4 episodes, after that it got better. I guess that i'm a bit biased because i love the game so much that i don't see many flaws.
NurguburuMay 21, 2018 1:01 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 21, 2018 7:07 PM

Apr 2018
If it was an advertisement it was successful because fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I want to play that game now
May 22, 2018 9:31 PM

Apr 2018
A1's money went to sao III
Didn't watch it but i deswrves at least the same treatment as persona 4 which wasn"t that great compared to the fgame
May 22, 2018 9:32 PM

Jun 2017
Where there is money to be made, people will try to make it.
Though we are parted,
If on Mount Inaba's peak
I should hear the sound
Of the pine trees growing there,
I'll come back again to you.
May 23, 2018 7:06 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It's simple: It brings in money. Idk what's hard to understand about that. P4A sold 31,000+ per volume and even P4GA sold almost 10,000 per volume, despite being immensely worse that P5A. Most likely P5A will be one of the highest selling anime of the year. And even if that isn't the case, as long as it's promoting the game and helping in its sales, then this anime has purpose.

Also, people be bitching about P5A, when it's pacing is similar as P4A. 4 episodes per dungeon means that this 24 episode season probably won't be able to cover the whole game. If anything, this anime isn't rushing enough.
May 23, 2018 8:35 PM

Jun 2013
It's for the ones that don't want to buy the whole game, If few fans don't pay crunchyroll even less people will expend 400$ to play a game most people don't have time to play
May 24, 2018 7:20 PM
Jan 2017
If this sell well, I will lose faith in the animation industry. I just can't see it. Sure, they added different things in the anime, but it's not stylish. Heck, daybreakers was better!
May 25, 2018 5:35 AM

Jul 2012
Because some people prefer to enjoy the story being portrayed in a different medium other than a grinding heavy JRPG, maybe?

Persona 5 isn't exactly a game for everyone, although it's great for those who can properly appreciate it in its original format. And the storytelling format , if ignoring your whole mundane daily life events reading books and making coffee, but leave the social interaction parts in, mixing them up here and there with the plot elements (Ryuji's for example)... Well, it sounds about great for an anime adaptation, especially when the pacing is that much faster and exciting than Persona 4 as a game (gotta say P4 still is my favorite in the series for some other reasons however).

I remember this being one of the most idiotic arguments that "Mother's Basement" guy did in his flamebait video about the first 3 episodes of this anime. It's like he is oblivious to the very concept of an adaptation.

And the adaptation it's really nice thus far, and besides its faster pacing at the beginning (nothing actually rushed, but they did reordered a certain part with Ann awkwardly), it's actually taking its time with the plot developments, proper foreshadowing and overall presentation... Except for the battles.

If there's one fatal flaw in the adaptation is the fact that the battles could have been handled so much better in every way. They got slightly better with the All Out Attack issue, although they really should have just copied and pasted from the game those particular sequences. The choreography also got boosted in episode 7, and so did some fluidity issues from Kamoshida's Palace. Hopefully they will improved in the BluRays, like they did with P4 (that looked gorgeous after some polishing).
May 25, 2018 8:07 PM

Jun 2011
Danpmss said:
Because some people prefer to enjoy the story being portrayed in a different medium other than a grinding heavy JRPG, maybe?

Persona 5 isn't exactly a game for everyone, although it's great for those who can properly appreciate it in its original format. And the storytelling format , if ignoring your whole mundane daily life events reading books and making coffee, but leave the social interaction parts in, mixing them up here and there with the plot elements (Ryuji's for example)... Well, it sounds about great for an anime adaptation, especially when the pacing is that much faster and exciting than Persona 4 as a game (gotta say P4 still is my favorite in the series for some other reasons however).

I remember this being one of the most idiotic arguments that "Mother's Basement" guy did in his flamebait video about the first 3 episodes of this anime. It's like he is oblivious to the very concept of an adaptation.

And the adaptation it's really nice thus far, and besides its faster pacing at the beginning (nothing actually rushed, but they did reordered a certain part with Ann awkwardly), it's actually taking its time with the plot developments, proper foreshadowing and overall presentation... Except for the battles.

If there's one fatal flaw in the adaptation is the fact that the battles could have been handled so much better in every way. They got slightly better with the All Out Attack issue, although they really should have just copied and pasted from the game those particular sequences. The choreography also got boosted in episode 7, and so did some fluidity issues from Kamoshida's Palace. Hopefully they will improved in the BluRays, like they did with P4 (that looked gorgeous after some polishing).

Persona 5 isn't even THAT heavy on the grinding. At least it didn't feel that way because the battles are just that fast paced and stylish to boot.

And lol "Mama's Basement." He gets his "facts" wrong all the time it still boggles my mind why people sub to him and even gets a guest treatment at Anime Expo. Goes to show what a fucking joke the anime community can be.

Yeah, I would chalk that up to A1 being A1. They do SoL scenes and comedy fine, but when it comes to action, they just turn into flash animation garbage. They really need to lay off on the Korean/Viet/Chinese outsourcing. They're one of the worst offenders of this practice.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
May 27, 2018 3:26 PM

Dec 2017
Persona 5 Animation was never meant to be a complete replacement for the game, nor should it be considered one, at all.

As a huge fan of the game, I think the animation is a fun little addition to the main experience that I get to enjoy every week. People just need to stop considering it to be a replacement for the game and just enjoy it for what it is, a nice little addition to the main experience that fans of the game can enjoy after completing it to see another way of the story being told.

You'll enjoy it a lot more once you stop trying to compare the two so much, since it really isn't meant to be a replacement for the game.
Dec 8, 2021 6:05 PM
Dec 2017
to cash in on the franchise.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.