Forum Settings
Forums

What is your favorite quote from any anime character?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 26, 2018 4:59 PM

Sep 2016
Dogpools said:
"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!"

-Donquixote Doflamingo
Like I said before I didnt tick with one piece but these quotes ive read from it are funny and good
Apr 26, 2018 4:59 PM

Sep 2016
Half-MagePrince said:
If you need friends:

Hachiman: "Tell a girl you like her and if she says I only see you as a friend."

You have one already.
I feel like Hachiman has the best quotes for a lot of people XD
Apr 26, 2018 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
"Your first wasn't Jojo! It was a me, Mario!"
-Mario Brando
Apr 26, 2018 5:25 PM

Sep 2017
"Between dreams and reality is the vault of your soul. No one could see the “Dream World” without this path."

-Ginko

Let's draw something everyday !
Apr 26, 2018 5:29 PM

Jan 2015
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want."
Ging Freecs (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Apr 26, 2018 5:31 PM

Apr 2018
"a lie is truth, until you recognize it as a lie. To see the truth behind those lies is probably the right thing to do. However, it may not necessarily bring happiness. Lies are Happiness." -Hoody (a minor character from Ergo Proxy)
Apr 26, 2018 5:35 PM

Sep 2016
Scavendgarr said:
-Mario Brando
never seen jojo idk if I will but thats funny
Apr 26, 2018 5:35 PM

Sep 2016
SiriusPsychosis said:
"Between dreams and reality is the vault of your soul. No one could see the “Dream World” without this path."

-Ginko
this one is interesting i like the meaning of this quote
Apr 26, 2018 5:37 PM

Sep 2016
Resonance said:
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want."
Ging Freecs (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
I like the way this is written every little detour could be good so yea
Apr 26, 2018 5:38 PM

Sep 2016
9mm_Revy said:
"a lie is truth, until you recognize it as a lie. To see the truth behind those lies is probably the right thing to do. However, it may not necessarily bring happiness. Lies are Happiness." -Hoody (a minor character from Ergo Proxy)
this one is interesting to me cause a lot of people i know lie but no happiness XD
Apr 26, 2018 5:45 PM

Apr 2018
needlexd said:
9mm_Revy said:
this one is interesting to me cause a lot of people i know lie but no happiness XD

that makes sense. I know some people who prefer to hurt after knowing the truth and on the other side of the coin some people prefer to have stayed with the lie just to avoid the hurt.
Apr 26, 2018 5:46 PM
Jun 2017
1. "However, by that point, you'll have been torn to pieces" by Shichika Yasuri (Katanagatari)
2. "I only know what I know." by Hanekawa Tsubasa (Monogatari Series)
3. "Colors and lies both get blacker as you add more. Add enough red, and it'll turn black too." by Yuuji Kazami (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
4. "Thank you! F**k you! The star is here!" by Ladd Russo (Baccano!)
5. "It's the choice of Steins Gate!" by Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate)
HM. "I can see the ending." by Keima Katsuragi (TWGOK)
Apr 26, 2018 6:06 PM

Sep 2016
CosmicRunner said:
1. "However, by that point, you'll have been torn to pieces" by Shichika Yasuri (Katanagatari)
2. "I only know what I know." by Hanekawa Tsubasa (Monogatari Series)
3. "Colors and lies both get blacker as you add more. Add enough red, and it'll turn black too." by Yuuji Kazami (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
4. "Thank you! F**k you! The star is here!" by Ladd Russo (Baccano!)
5. "It's the choice of Steins Gate!" by Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate)
HM. "I can see the ending." by Keima Katsuragi (TWGOK)

First quote - never seen the show so I don't know what its referring to ;p
Second quote - Have't started the Monogatari series yet i will mid may so ill get that quote soon.
Third quote - I liked this show and this quote says a lot about people who lie a lot XD
Fourth quote - Funny (never seen the show ;p)
Fifth quote - I love Steins;Gate
Apr 26, 2018 6:20 PM

Oct 2017
"...There are two ways to change a country. Destroy it from the outside, or correct it from the inside."
"The scariest thing about killing people is getting used to it! When you kill someone and realize you won't be punished... That's when people forget all about punishment!"
"It is not justice that can oppose evil. It is an absolute evil that overpowers evil itself."
"Humans tend to think logically, but their actions are driven by emotions..."
""Believing in someone." That's a weird phrase, isn't it? After all, if you truly believed in a person, you wouldn't need to say, "I believe you." It's like saying, "I believe in air." I don't mean to say that "believing in something" is like a lie. "Believing" is really a term of hope of wanting to believe."
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?"
"The trick of real combat is that everyone is human."
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."
"The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace."
And more...

I don't remember the name of the characters, but I do know the anime they are from...
Apr 26, 2018 6:27 PM

Sep 2016
ZSTGL_IMA said:
"...There are two ways to change a country. Destroy it from the outside, or correct it from the inside."
"The scariest thing about killing people is getting used to it! When you kill someone and realize you won't be punished... That's when people forget all about punishment!"
"It is not justice that can oppose evil. It is an absolute evil that overpowers evil itself."
""Believing in someone." That's a weird phrase, isn't it? After all, if you truly believed in a person, you wouldn't need to say, "I believe you." It's like saying, "I believe in air." I don't mean to say that "believing in something" is like a lie. "Believing" is really a term of hope of wanting to believe."
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?"
"The heroes during times of war, are nothing but mass murderers during times of peace."
And more...

I don't remember the name of the characters, but I do know the anime they are from...
a lot of good serious quotes I like that what show are they from if u dont mind telling me
Apr 26, 2018 6:32 PM

Oct 2013
needlexd said:
Scavendgarr said:
-Mario Brando

Just try it if you like to, it's a pretty nice shonen and the op and ed is good imo
Apr 26, 2018 6:33 PM

Sep 2016
Scavendgarr said:
needlexd said:

Just try it if you like to, it's a pretty nice shonen and the op and ed is good imo
maybe idk I have over 300+ shows to get through so idk XD
Apr 26, 2018 6:42 PM

Apr 2018
“An organism with time to spare in their hearts... How wonderful is that?”
- Migi (Parasyte)
Apr 26, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2017
needlexd said:
ZSTGL_IMA said:
And more...

a lot of good serious quotes I like that what show are they from if u dont mind telling me

1. Akame ga Kill
2, 3, 4. Black Bullet
5. Boku dake ga Inai Machi
6, 7. Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
8, 9. FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Apr 26, 2018 7:51 PM

Dec 2017
"My left is dead, but my I still have my right!"- Kamogawa
"Big Mara Ippo"-Takamura
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 26, 2018 8:17 PM

Apr 2016
"Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self-pity, life will be an endless nightmare." - Dazai Osamu (Bungou Stray Dogs)

"Not once have I regretted the things I did. I only ever regretted the things that I did not do. I want no regrets." - Atsushi Nakajima (Bungou Stray Dogs)

"He who can smile, even when he's so sad that he wants to die, when it's so painful that he wants to give it all up and run away, is the one who becomes strong." - Atro Spiker (Rokka no Yuusha)
Apr 26, 2018 8:47 PM

Sep 2016
Zhengxiao said:
“An organism with time to spare in their hearts... How wonderful is that?”
- Migi (Parasyte)
that would be pretty wonderful XD funny even tho Parasyte wasnt my fav
Apr 26, 2018 8:48 PM

Sep 2016
ZSTGL_IMA said:
needlexd said:

1. Akame ga Kill
2, 3, 4. Black Bullet
5. Boku dake ga Inai Machi
6, 7. Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
8, 9. FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood
cool i have seen all of these shows oof XD
Apr 26, 2018 8:48 PM

Dec 2016
"Did you not understand? All dreams eventually disappear when the dreamer wakes." -Gilgamesh
Apr 26, 2018 8:49 PM

Sep 2016
Botan-Chan45 said:
"Big Mara Ippo"-Takamura
if one side of you is still alive thats good in my book (pretty funny) and i dont get the second one oof
Apr 26, 2018 8:50 PM

Sep 2016
Woodfall said:
"Did you not understand? All dreams eventually disappear when the dreamer wakes." -Gilgamesh
that is very true I havent seen any of the fate show yet but i will soon
Apr 26, 2018 8:53 PM

Sep 2016
Vlad4o said:
"Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self-pity, life will be an endless nightmare." - Dazai Osamu (Bungou Stray Dogs)

"Not once have I regretted the things I did. I only ever regretted the things that I did not do. I want no regrets." - Atsushi Nakajima (Bungou Stray Dogs)

"He who can smile, even when he's so sad that he wants to die, when it's so painful that he wants to give it all up and run away, is the one who becomes strong." - Atro Spiker (Rokka no Yuusha)
I think all 3 of these quotes are meaning full to many people in their own way I really like the first one a lot
Apr 26, 2018 8:56 PM

Dec 2017
needlexd said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
"Big Mara Ippo"-Takamura
if one side of you is still alive thats good in my book (pretty funny) and i dont get the second one oof
the first one is when Kamogawa breaks his left iron fist during a match. After that, he used that quote and just seem like a badass.
The second one is a joke on how the MC's penis is big.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 26, 2018 8:57 PM

Sep 2016
Botan-Chan45 said:
needlexd said:
the first one is when Kamogawa breaks his left iron fist from his body shot. After that, he used that quote and just seem like a badass.
The second one is a joke on how the MC's penis is big.
ah thanks for clarifying that for me
Apr 26, 2018 8:58 PM

Sep 2016
I'll be taking a break from replying to quote with my thoughts for a bit I'll read your quotes either later or tomorrow.
Apr 26, 2018 9:11 PM

May 2017
Yuri from Angel Beats:

"If I vanish now, could I start over anew? Could I accept normal happiness? If I lost my memories, and got a different personality, I might be able to. But then, what does it mean to be reborn? That isn’t the life I had anymore. It’s someone else’s life.

Everyone only gets to live life one time, and it’s right here. I only get it once. This is my life. I can’t entrust it to someone. I can’t steal a new one. I can’t force it on others. I can’t forget it, or erase it. I can’t stomp over it, laugh it off, or beautify it. I can’t anything, I’d have to- I’d have to accept my one shot at life no matter how cruel or merciless or unfair I thought it was. Sir, don’t you understand? That is why I must fight. I must keep on fighting, because- because I could never accept that kind of life!"
Apr 26, 2018 9:32 PM
Nov 2017
"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want" Ging - HxH 2011
Apr 26, 2018 10:07 PM

Apr 2016
"If Buu sleep for night, then today must be tomorrow and that's one day after yesterday was." -- Majin Buu, Dragonball Z

"It [the internet] is like a series of magic tubes." -- Maou, Hataraku Mao-sama! / The Devin Is a Part-Timer! (The English dub is filled with lines like this.)

There was an episode of Last Exile where one of the mechanics says "We can't just stand by like bystanders!" But that was from a fansub from 2003-ish. If memory serves, neither the official subtitles nor the English dub translated it that way.
Apr 26, 2018 10:24 PM

Jan 2012
"It's not a crime if no one knows about it." - Nyaruko
Apr 26, 2018 10:37 PM

Apr 2018
This is my choice-Okabe Rintarou(S;G 0)
Apr 26, 2018 10:38 PM

Feb 2018
There's a lot in Hajime no Ippo, both witty and serious ones.
But if I were to absolutely choose one, it would be this guy from the show One Outs, Toua Tokuchi.
#1: "To take responsibility is to take pain onto yourself. It means to bear more pain than what others felt because of your mistakes! If you ruined someone's silver tableware, you must repay with gold tableware. The president of a polluting manufacturing plant must live beside the plant's chimney. That's what taking responsibility means. However the people in so-called high positions never see the consequences. When mistakes are made, they will casually bow their heads and apologize. They think that's enough. Are you one of them too?"

#2: "What does it mean to be a winner? Is it the last one standing? It means to climb over a mountain of corpses to get to the top. By no means is it a glorious sight to behold, in fact, it is extremely cruel. Even so, if you still wish to seek victory... then you must become a devil."

#3: "When a human is victorious is when they're most vulnerable."

#4: "A low possibility means it's not zero."

Obviously, there's a lot more quotable quotes he said but these are the ones that really caught my mind. On a side note, there are more quotes I would like to add from shows with drama but I'll stick to these since it's the first one that came to mind. Happy readin', dude.
RedDesireApr 26, 2018 10:45 PM
Apr 26, 2018 10:58 PM
Jun 2017
The only way to live is to fight .
Mikasa from attack on titan .
Apr 26, 2018 11:13 PM
Aug 2016
Hey mister, im a mad scientist, it's so cool..."sonuvabitch"- Okabe from Steins;Gate
Apr 27, 2018 3:59 AM

Apr 2018
Best? cant decide but there is a good quote from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani.. when Kyo confeses his love to hentai games to his father to save his sister. Cant remember exact quote sorry. But it is sometihing like: I realy love to play hentai games about little sisters in my sisters room on her laptop.
This world is so small but we still cant find our ways.
Apr 27, 2018 5:34 AM

Aug 2015
"Your powers carve away at your life. You are a mere replica. You are like cherry blossoms, the way you rush through life." - Kazama Chikage.

ALWAYS loved this line.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Apr 27, 2018 5:40 AM
Jul 2018
The final Getsuga Tenshou is...
me...
becoming Getsuga itself
MUGETSU
Apr 27, 2018 6:03 AM

Sep 2017
'You should enjoy little detours to the fullest, because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.' - Gon Freecs, HunterxHunter.

This one always stuck with me. Not sure if it's the best though

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Apr 27, 2018 6:27 AM

Sep 2016
smoledman said:
Yuri from Angel Beats:

"If I vanish now, could I start over anew? Could I accept normal happiness? If I lost my memories, and got a different personality, I might be able to. But then, what does it mean to be reborn? That isn’t the life I had anymore. It’s someone else’s life.

Everyone only gets to live life one time, and it’s right here. I only get it once. This is my life. I can’t entrust it to someone. I can’t steal a new one. I can’t force it on others. I can’t forget it, or erase it. I can’t stomp over it, laugh it off, or beautify it. I can’t anything, I’d have to- I’d have to accept my one shot at life no matter how cruel or merciless or unfair I thought it was. Sir, don’t you understand? That is why I must fight. I must keep on fighting, because- because I could never accept that kind of life!"
I feel like to me Angel Beats! was really touching and all the quotes they said had a lot of meaning for anyone who watched the show so I really like this one
Apr 27, 2018 6:28 AM

Sep 2016
sachixtha said:
"You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want" Ging - HxH 2011
I believe someone made a big message and posted this one in it and I said I liked the meaning of it
Apr 27, 2018 6:30 AM

Aug 2017
"I mean, hey, you turned your first kiss with your boyfriend in to a JoJo reference."
Oreshura

"It's the same sense of loss I feel when a slice-of-life series ends... The despair of knowing that their lives will still continue on, yet I won't be able to see it..."

-Hajime Tsunashi from Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2018 6:32 AM

Sep 2016
TheNeedle said:
"If Buu sleep for night, then today must be tomorrow and that's one day after yesterday was." -- Majin Buu, Dragonball Z

"It [the internet] is like a series of magic tubes." -- Maou, Hataraku Mao-sama! / The Devin Is a Part-Timer! (The English dub is filled with lines like this.)

There was an episode of Last Exile where one of the mechanics says "We can't just stand by like bystanders!" But that was from a fansub from 2003-ish. If memory serves, neither the official subtitles nor the English dub translated it that way.

First off (you have needle in ur name oof XDXD)

First quote - Never seen Dragon Ball idk if I will so yea but the quote itself is interesting
Second quote - I loved The Devil is a Part-Timer! very funny and this quote says a lot about Lucifer XD
I don't think I have seen Last Exile so yea but the quote is ehh
Apr 27, 2018 6:33 AM

Sep 2016
Nyaa said:
"It's not a crime if no one knows about it." - Nyaruko
This is very true I mean if no one knows then it isnt XD (I admit some things I have done have been like that but hey havent been caught yet XDXD)
Apr 27, 2018 6:34 AM

Sep 2016
Hokkyoku-no said:
This is my choice-Okabe Rintarou(S;G 0)
Very short quote (Havent started Steins;Gate 0 yet but I loved the first ending)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - 6 hours ago

21 by AnimeRanking »»
6 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

114 by Tsunega21 »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime that reignited your passion for watching

Cammell - May 3

14 by -YUMMY- »»
16 minutes ago

» How much anime is too much

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

31 by Rurihime »»
17 minutes ago

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - Yesterday

46 by -YUMMY- »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.