Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 24, 2008 11:58 PM

Jan 2008
The ending confused the crap out of me. IMO, I think it could have ended way better. It's just another one of those endings that seems to be put together at the last minute.
Apr 26, 2008 6:26 PM

Aug 2007
that was the worst ending, wtf who comes back from the dead.............
Apr 29, 2008 10:52 PM

Feb 2008
I didn't think it was confusing at all, everything made sense in the end.
And the ending rocked ;_;
9/10 !!

May 1, 2008 3:05 AM

Nov 2007
Liked the episode,tho it was a bit out of order,but I'll give it a 4/5.

May 3, 2008 10:59 AM

Nov 2007
hmmm,well this episode was definitely a 9.8/10 for me.I'ma sucker for this sad dying bullshit situations. But for the anime overall,i really have to give it a 6.Things that led me to give it this score are:
-First and foremost,the non-consistent animation and art
-Character interactions with other characters
-Character development
-oh yeah,WHY THE HELL WOULD ANY GUY BEAT UP GIRL?!?WHAT's EVEN WORSE IS THE GIRL IS THE GUY's GIRLFRIEND.AND HE "sincerely" LOVES HER.(refers to episode 11 when takuma beat the heck out of Kohinata)
-Story was OK,but many parts are left unaswered and some are just "WTF?!How did that happen?!?" kinda thing.

Still,really nice job for giving it a really good ending.This was the best thing to do for a series that was kinda outrageous in the process.
May 5, 2008 1:02 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm I was sure that the Hayami was on the other side of the tracks when the train came >_>. And she was still holding the kid too. Does that mean she failed xD. Another thing that bugged me is if Hirose's mother went to save a kid wouldn't the kid back then know and told the police? Unless of course she failed too xD. But if that's the case then there would be two bodies.

Overall I give it a 7/10. Would score higher but a lot of things in the show didn't follow 'logic'.

whitewater_81 said:
-oh yeah,WHY THE HELL WOULD ANY GUY BEAT UP GIRL?!?WHAT's EVEN WORSE IS THE GIRL IS THE GUY's GIRLFRIEND.AND HE "sincerely" LOVES HER.(refers to episode 11 when takuma beat the heck out of Kohinata)

Yeah that bugged me quite a bit too.
May 9, 2008 2:10 PM

Mar 2008
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

overall, one of the best slice-of-drama dramas i have ever ever seen. full of brilliant brillaitn twists and turns. enjoyed it soo much. 9/10
sugarplumfairyMay 9, 2008 2:37 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2008 4:38 PM

Jun 2007
sugei said:

@ OranSolus, Otoha herself said that she "convinced the spirits" to let Hayami come back, but I'd like to know how she did that? What is Otoha actually? Is she the "God" mentioned in the poem? And who is the one who called out to Otoha before Hayami came in?

Maybe Otoha is indeed a guardian spirit of the village (Spirit of Sound and Time XD), but if she has the power to bring someone back to life, why doesn't she do so for Hirose mother?
Maybe, just maybe, she used her power to saved Hayami from death when she was knocked by the train, and Hirose and others assumed that she is dead cause they cannot find the body?

Some nice things you've pointed out there. I can't really say for sure, maybe the whole thing was a simple deus ex machina to allow for the happiest possible ending?
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

May 30, 2008 7:04 AM

Mar 2008
In my meaning Hayami died to show Hirose true about his mother death.
He finally knew the true and "You accepted everything", so Otome convinced "Fairy World" to revive Hayami.

"So this time, watch over her properly."

I think he got a new chance to live happy :)

So, ending is happy :P Correct? :D
Jun 4, 2008 7:43 AM

Aug 2007
Yeah, I guess the ending is happy then.

Well, the story wasn't bad, except some things that bugged me:
~ episode 4 and 8 (especially .. Made no offense to the whole story =.='')
~ the fact that guys are beating the girl (+ even her boyfriend)
~ wth with the graphics o.O Sometimes it was good, sometimes horrible. Didn't get that one..
~ the ending confused me a bit, but then it came out quite good

And I should've cried at the ending or somewhere at least.. Like I always do xD But I didn't.. Lack of sadness and emotions I guess.. But it's OK ^^

8/10

Jun 4, 2008 10:50 PM

Jan 2008
wow! lots of unexpected stuff happened. XD

so, Hayami came back, huh?

and Otoha-chan was just sooo kawaiiii~! XD
Jun 7, 2008 6:02 AM

Mar 2008
did she really came back from the dead??... so she's ressurected????... will she be with the one she love know??... guess so... coz the girl said "better look after her this time" so i think it will... so happy
Jun 19, 2008 11:39 PM

Apr 2007
Don't yall see? The writers really don't care.

Like i've already said, this could have been so much better, a near masterpiece. But the writers did not care. They were having fun making some crack. The show has already shown how much potential it had in previous episodes, nobody can deny that, but the writers did not bother putting the effort that that would take into it, so they teased any audience with a brain by showing the potential, only to never give it. Quite an idea when your bored to mess with other peoples minds, while at the same time knowing that alot of people will accept the garbage because they have no mind.

Overall, a 7/10. Thou it could also go a 6/10, either way is fine.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2008 3:16 AM

May 2008
Darkreaper70 said:
I really have no idea what to say. On one hand I'm happy that it's finally over on the other I'm sad that they rushed through the episode too much. Also I didn't really care for the ending.

It seems weird that the title is named H20- Footprints in the sand yet it had nothing to do with H20, footprints, sad, or any metaphors that fit it (time maybe because the title came from a poem which had the line "In the footprints of the sands of time, so it means that someone wanted to leave a lasting impression during their time/stay)

All in all I would have to say that it was ok.

The H2O part is for Hayami, Hinata, Otoha and u were right about the poem part :)
Jul 10, 2008 8:51 PM
Dec 2007
My interperation:
- Hayami was tired of the Hirose fag, and decided to end her life bringing an innocent child with her + a soccor ball.
- The reason why Takuma was never able to see because he didn't open his eyes, until Hayami left him for some innocent little boy with a ball. Seeing how he was betrayed by the fact he got pwned by a elementary kid he decided to open his eyes, only to see some train smash into her. For that reason he was so shock he can't close his eyes eg, O___________O
- Thus a few years later he got his eye sight, because he was never bothered to open his eyes.
- Hayami coming back to life? No, she was never dead in the first place, at the last moment she did some ninja shit and managed to escape..with the boy.

To be honest, this show is very misleading, that Hamaji girl isnt actually a girl, like wtf.. I actually thought sh...he was hot.. wtf..

Overall this show is just wayyy to weird, the ending didnt make sense, well the whole series didn;t make sense, and a guy that looks like a girl? WHAT THE HELL.

So I give you my rating, 10/10. 6/10

i tried writing my signature onto the monitor screen, but it didn't come up. WHY?!!:?!!
Jul 10, 2008 8:59 PM
Mar 2008
She's dead, they all just went loony at the end talking to rocks and trees in the forest. They is Hallucinationing.

I give it 10/10 now just cuz of Hayami. I think that ending was there to kinda have the same effect of an in memory of episode. Your supposed to stop the anime where she dies.
Jul 12, 2008 5:14 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmmm I wonder who wrote this plot, but it has a lot of flaws honestly, and it was even more visible in this last episode. Really strange ending, to kill a character just for the fun of it (it doesn't change the character development of Hirose that much, and it could easily have been avoided) and then to make her come back 5 minutes later only to have a happy ending is, well... lame? And the explanations behind Hirose's blindness were kind of lame too.

Still a lot of interesting things in this series apart from the ending which seems totally innapropriate, like if the scenarists put some themes and plot elements during the show just to take them all back at the end and make a conclusion with totally different things. I know Anno did that with Evangelion (which seems to be a great source of inspiration for H2O btw), but hey, Anno is a genius and he's one of the only men on earth to be able to do it properly. This time it didn't work that well and I'm pretty disappointed by the last 2 episodes.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 14, 2008 1:49 PM

Apr 2007
A summary of the final episode:

7/10
TsunamiAug 14, 2008 5:11 PM

Aug 28, 2008 8:52 PM
Jul 2008
i gotta big as hell question...
WHOS BABY IS THAT!!!! OMG DOES THAT MEAN HAYA HAD IT WHEN SHE WAS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL!?!?!?!? DIED AT BIRTH SO CONFUSED!!!!
Aug 28, 2008 8:55 PM
Jul 2008
Nezon said:
My interperation:
- Hayami was tired of the Hirose fag, and decided to end her life bringing an innocent child with her + a soccor ball.
- The reason why Takuma was never able to see because he didn't open his eyes, until Hayami left him for some innocent little boy with a ball. Seeing how he was betrayed by the fact he got pwned by a elementary kid he decided to open his eyes, only to see some train smash into her. For that reason he was so shock he can't close his eyes eg, O___________O
- Thus a few years later he got his eye sight, because he was never bothered to open his eyes.
- Hayami coming back to life? No, she was never dead in the first place, at the last moment she did some ninja shit and managed to escape..with the boy.

To be honest, this show is very misleading, that Hamaji girl isnt actually a girl, like wtf.. I actually thought sh...he was hot.. wtf..

Overall this show is just wayyy to weird, the ending didnt make sense, well the whole series didn;t make sense, and a guy that looks like a girl? WHAT THE HELL.

hehe so does that make you gay?
Sep 1, 2008 10:46 PM

May 2008
iwashere said:
Nezon said:
My interperation:

hehe so does that make you gay?

it makes him a victim of the anime industry.

the baby is maki and hamaji's. if you blend their two hair colors you get the baby's hair.

all in all i iked the series. 9/10
Sep 9, 2008 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
I actually thought this was one of the best last episodes I've ever seen. And I'm pretty sure Hayami was just a spirit.
Sep 20, 2008 5:00 PM

Jun 2008
Just finished this series for two day marathon. One of the greatest endings in a series i have seen by far. It was sad then yet right at the end they bring back Hayami and make it a happy ending.

And Hayami is NOT a spirit! If you noticed what Otoha said was that "it was hard to convince the spirit committee", and he should "watch over her properly this time" clearly means that she is truly real.
Signature Here.
Sep 27, 2008 12:17 PM

Sep 2008
8/10 to all anime..

a nice final..
Oct 4, 2008 5:33 PM
Oct 2007
Beautiful ending, honestly..
Oct 9, 2008 9:44 PM

Aug 2007
Blargh. Wth.

I expected something better out of this...

I mean, Hayami stands in front of the train when she could have easily moved the last couple of feet off of the train tracks. Also, it seems that she stood holding the boy in front of the freaking train. Good job there; you not only managed to kill yourself, but the little kid as well.

Oh, and to make it have a happy ending we'll make it so that she's brought back to life. -.-

Show gets an overall 6/10 from me seeing as how there were a couple of parts that I liked, though I really should give it a 5/10. :|
WinterNightsFallOct 9, 2008 9:52 PM

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 11, 2008 10:52 PM
Jul 2008
You can tell me crazy.. but i DO loved this anime... the whole series, i might say this was one of/or the best anime i've seen!
Hayami x Takuma FTW !! XD A beautiful and perfect ending. Overall 10/10
Nov 6, 2008 2:26 PM

Jul 2008
Honostly disliked the last few episodes, from the moment Hirose started loosing his memories, but this ending was just great, they probably couldn't have done it better in my opinion! ^^
Nov 11, 2008 9:46 PM
Aug 2008
Nezon said:
My interperation:

Actually, Episode 11 sets this straight. In reality, Takuma could not see. He only "saw" what he chose to. Take that reference to the beach photo, and the claim that Takuma didn't see anything when Hayami needed help with the shower.. He didn't "see" Hayami's breasts because he chose not to.
The same can be applied with Hamaji. Takuma chose not to see her... Rather, he just vizualized her as a male.

I really liked this series, despite its shortcomings. The ending was superb, and it even explained the analogy with "Footprints" for those who were still clueless :p

I intended to give it a 7/10, but after watching the last episode, I'm bumping it to an 8/10. I'm usually generous with my ratings anyway.
Nov 16, 2008 3:31 AM

Apr 2008
I have given it a temporary score of 7/10 while watching it. I don't like the style of plot even if it imposes a good one. The ending episodes made me raise it to an 8/10. Good and meaningful ending but still the plot and the characters - I don't like them.

Nov 17, 2008 11:23 PM

Jul 2007
All I have to say is: wtf. But I enjoyed it, so oh wells that ends wells.

whitewater_81 said:
oh yeah,WHY THE HELL WOULD ANY GUY BEAT UP GIRL?!?WHAT's EVEN WORSE IS THE GIRL IS THE GUY's GIRLFRIEND.AND HE "sincerely" LOVES HER.(refers to episode 11 when takuma beat the heck out of Kohinata)

Yeah, that bothered me too.

Tanuki said:
I'm not sure what you people have been watching either. I'm also not sure why nobody seems to understand the ending. It appeared to make perfect sense to me. Nonetheless...

I think a lot of peoples' problems with this show stem from two issues; that is:
a) they expected romance/drama, when that isn't ultimately the main focus (despite what it seems like from the beginning)
b) they haven't stopped to think about what's going on, because they stop at 'romance/drama' thought process-- people in it for the romance/drama won't appreciate the mindfuck, and people who would haven't started watching it because of its surface appearance

The romance is a part of it-- but it's not the focus. Rather, H2O is about the village, and importantly, Takuma himself. Putting aside his influence on everyone else... Hotaru and Hayami especially... The boy has a whole lot of mental issues, and that's the whole point of the last few eps.

In my opinion, Hayami hasn't come back to life. Otoha said it herself-- don't remember the exact quote, but something like organising it with the Spirit Council or whatever it was. Much like Otoha was only able to be percieved by Takuma... that is, she's dead, but able to "visit" him... that's the impression of what I got from Hayami. It wasn't a happy ending. If the show wanted to have a happy ending, Takuma and Hayami would have had some teary reunion type scene. It's bittersweet.

And as the poem says... in his worst times, he was carried by the Lord. I think in a sense that is the point of Hayami and Otoha. They are beside him now, now that he has gotten over his mental problems... while they carried him when he was dealing with them.

Well, perhaps I think too much into this, but I really enjoyed H2O. It was such an unexpected ending. If only it had the budget of something like True Tears, and people might've appreciated it some more. 9/10 from me

Otoha says "So this time watch over her properly". She wouldn't say that if she was actually dead now, would she?

Anyone here play the game and knows what's going on?
Feb 19, 2009 9:50 AM

Dec 2008
ive just watched this show out of boredom and it was unexpected better than i thought it would be. its not a masterpiece but its not trash either, its somewhat special. the ending is a bit rushed and maybe misleading too.

kizu said:

Otoha says "So this time watch over her properly". She wouldn't say that if she was actually dead now, would she?

i also think that way...
but i would have been burst out into tears, hugging and kissing her, thats what i feel missing in this ending!

i cant decide between 7 or 8, if the ending wouldnt have been so twisted and rushed, i would go with a 8 right from the start...
Mar 11, 2009 10:55 AM

Dec 2008
Predseln said:
i cant decide between 7 or 8, if the ending wouldnt have been so twisted and rushed, i would go with a 8 right from the start...

Same here. I eventually gave it a 7 since the ending was so random. I tend to like more sad endings than happy ones. I would of been better off if she hadn't appeared, but it was good nonetheless.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Mar 15, 2009 2:10 AM
Mar 2009
DarkFenix said:
You can tell me crazy.. but i DO loved this anime... the whole series, i might say this was one of/or the best anime i've seen!

I love it too! do you know animes like it coz i watched it's user recommendations but i only liked myself yourself and air
Mar 15, 2009 2:10 AM
Mar 2009
DarkFenix said:

I love it too! do you know animes like it coz i watched it's user recommendations but i only liked myself yourself and air
Mar 18, 2009 2:31 PM

Aug 2008

chimmi95 said:
DarkFenix said:

well, i love it too.
i cried a lot in the end, when Hirose lost his memory, and this conversation between Hayami and Hotaru T____T"
so, at the end for me it was hard to say is Hayami dead or alive, or was it another Otoha illusion. Anyway i'm glad that it ended like this, this words about his mother, Hayami and this child and her diary And finally this windmill.
it was hard to convince the spirit committee ~it's really hard to interpretate, but I believe that Hayami is alive <3

9/10

Mar 28, 2009 2:12 AM
Jan 2009
I think the Hirose losing his memory part was quite stupid but they did a good job on ending the anime except the revival part. I must say that I hate endings with people dying and later on getting revived. Seriously, whats the point in that other trying to make it seem more dramatic and a "happy ending". Also the story didn't hint anything for the couple Hayami x Takuma in the earlier episodes other then Takuma coming to her aid which is what I found quite annoying (the couple part). In anime series they usually cast some kind of foreshadowing in the story.
KaitoDetectiveMay 2, 2010 12:05 AM
Mar 31, 2009 9:27 AM
Feb 2009
it was .. really sad .____. yet not o-o
Apr 7, 2009 6:32 PM

Jan 2009
Really liked this series.
Not all anime have a blind person in a realistic manner.
Apr 25, 2009 2:07 AM

Mar 2009
I liked the ending :P
I love it when shows are pretty normal and then all of a sudden everything gos to hell and you're not sure what's going on.
If she was going to be bought back to life, they should have explained it better though >_>
Apr 27, 2009 10:04 PM

Jan 2009
Static said:
wawawawawawawa wait a click! This is based on a (h-)game? *goes lower the score even more*

Dude H-games are bomb.
But anyways I was like FUCK!!! When Hayami died and pissed off and then I was like FUCK YEAH!! Great ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
May 8, 2009 10:27 PM

May 2008
So instead of pushing/pulling the kid out of the way of the train and then trying to avoid it herself she decides to just look back and smile...? So very frustrating watching this show.
May 8, 2009 10:30 PM

Feb 2007
9th-eden said:
So instead of pushing/pulling the kid out of the way of the train and then trying to avoid it herself she decides to just look back and smile...? So very frustrating watching this show.

Well, it fixed Hirose, didn't it? :P
May 15, 2009 3:02 PM
Apr 2009
I give it 4/5, this episode was great ! I subtracted one point cuz the turn of event was quite fast but still
H2O was a great anime overall !
Im glad they went for a supernatural happy ending and in my opinion it doesnt mess up the anime, because its not like they inserted the spirit world with Otoha and all only in the ending, they all ready presented the supernatural since episode 1 so they had the right to choose an ending like that :P
Hirose and Hayami deserved to be together ! thank god :)

type_XEMay 15, 2009 9:49 PM
May 19, 2009 9:24 AM
Dec 2008
Seriously I was stunned when Hayami died, and the worse thing was Hirose was a retard at that time. Poor Hayami =(

The ending was not bad since Hirose is back to normal and Hayami reunited with him for a moment, but it would have been better if Hayami is still alive.

Overall 8/10.
May 31, 2009 10:48 AM

Mar 2009
In section 1 of chapter 11 I got revenge on the last part = D anime fans on his official ...
11 per hair section way ...

8/10
Jun 16, 2009 2:01 PM

Sep 2008
I actually really liked this anime. There just seems to be so much hate messages on it. I agree with a post I saw in a previous disscussion. It seems as if many people hate it, but looking at the poll results seem to pull otherwise.
Jul 1, 2009 7:26 PM

Mar 2009
i really liked the series throughout untl the last 2 minutes of the final episode which f**ked up the entire storyline. i mean WTF?? X 9000

if Hayami's back frm the dead then, probably poor Hirose is starting to have illusions again like he did before ( and this always started when he imagines otoha running towards him being chased by a wild boar like b4). thats the only reasonable conclusion i could draw.

and the fact that the baby being Maki and Hamiji's?? that screwed me up too.
Jul 1, 2009 8:30 PM

Sep 2008
I liked how the series ended. Hayami <3~

*Off to play the game.
Jul 2, 2009 3:23 AM

Dec 2008
i watch this anime more than once. .

but i still confused, are hayami still alive? or dead?

is there a chance that the kids and hayami didn't hit by train? >.<

or it's some magic, and bang, otoha ressurect hayami, and hayami can reunite with hirose ? >.<

but overall i liked this episode, especially this entire series. .^^

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Phrosh - Jan 25, 2008

77 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

78 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:03 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Mar 15, 2008

99 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:21 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

chibuki - Mar 8, 2008

58 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 4:37 PM

Poll: » H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

60 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 19, 2023 3:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.