Forum Settings
Forums
Sweetness and Lightning
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 1:50 PM

May 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Very, very few things make me squeal like a 14 year old girl. This chapter was one of them! :' ) I'll get the only quibble I have out of the way; having Kouhei hide behind the teacher's podium while the confessions were going on is trope-y as hell, and could've been handled differently, IMO.

Now, for the good stuff; the female teacher's warning to Kouhei and the other guy to "to keep your hands off the students" was funny, though it did serve to show us he did think about Kotori's White Day promise.

Then, the lightning bolt; the teenage Tsumugis are awesome, especially the one with the glasses.

Don't remember Kotori fretting that much over anything she's fixed before. Kouhei and Tsumugi, that there's love in them cookies!

Major props to Kouhei and Kotori(and Gino) for taking the high road. She knows better than to try to throw herself at him(except with her cooking), and he was sensitive enough not to blow off her feelings, but he also acknowledged her contribution to his and Tsumugi's lives, too.

A couple of questions to anyone who read the raws in Japanese: Kujirai's saying "I'm in love with you" seems a little strong. Is what he said accurate? I can understand Kotori's shock, coming from someone she's barely spoken to.

At the end, shouldn't it read "It is more complicated?" Putting it in past tense sounds like it's all over.

All in all, a 6/5 for me! I have a feeling there's only going to be a few more chapters, though. :(
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 11, 2018 12:01 PM
Mar 2015
A nice parting gift Both of them were able to express their feelings without crossing into a grey area. It isn't love but it is complicated
May 8, 2018 2:21 PM
May 2014
On the last panel Katori was so sweet, and this what she said "It was something more complicated" i love this. I think Inuzuka in deep in his mind fell something for Katori :)
May 9, 2018 9:23 AM
May 2018
She is sooo brave. She realy said him how she feel, she love the two of them, is not just a crush.
I think the author does not want to let them be together as a couple.
But denfinitly, Inozuka have feelings for her.
Someone read chap54?? O.o
Jul 16, 2020 2:56 PM

Jan 2019
The scene was very well handled. I'm glad they just didn't let it for the last chapter.

I also liked how Kujirai acted, very matture. I wouldn't have minded if he appeared earlier in the story tho.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amaama to Inazuma Chapter 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

1 by subahokke »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:01 PM

» Book 12, physical edition

Avgasblomman - Apr 25, 2023

0 by Avgasblomman »»
Apr 25, 2023 2:48 AM

» Shinobu and Yagi-chan!

OG_Otaku - Sep 28, 2022

0 by OG_Otaku »»
Sep 28, 2022 10:59 PM

Poll: » Poll: Amaama to Inazuma Chapter 56.6 Discussion

tywhoppity - Oct 11, 2018

1 by OG_Otaku »»
Sep 28, 2022 10:37 PM

» So, does this manga have a good romance in the end/middle?

AyanDrako - Oct 11, 2019

4 by OG_Otaku »»
Sep 24, 2022 1:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.