Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 9, 2018 4:27 PM

Dec 2013
man these comments
"characters look quite gay/bishounen" unlike the original
"it´s just what I love a good space opera with loots of big epic space fights this is what sci-fi lacks a good story"
"this is what sci-fi lacks a good story" Like, every scifi ever. even star wars
jyagan0Apr 9, 2018 6:53 PM
I shall destroy and hate mankind
Apr 9, 2018 6:07 PM

Nov 2012
jyagan0 said:
man these comments

I don't know what look "quite gay" is even supposed to mean. if by that they mean "effeminate" then i don't see it. the characters look like normal anime guys to me. they just made them look more attractive.

They may not look as rugged as the original ova, but that's just how it is with the majority of anime nowadays. if you care so much about manly looking characters, then stick to older anime.
Apr 9, 2018 6:17 PM

Dec 2013
Don1Joker said:
jyagan0 said:
man these comments

I don't know what look "quite gay" is even supposed to mean. if by that they mean "effeminate" then i don't see it. the characters look like normal anime guys to me. they just made them look more attractive.

They may not look as rugged as the original ova, but that's just how it is with the majority of anime nowadays. if you care so much about manly looking characters, then stick to older anime.

I was quoting "zyke" on the first page just to clarify
Apr 9, 2018 6:25 PM

Nov 2012
jyagan0 said:
Don1Joker said:

I was quoting "zyke" on the first page just to clarify

Yeah, i know. i just quoted your post instead since you're the last one who mentioned that comment.
Apr 9, 2018 7:14 PM

Dec 2013
I'm more confused as to why hes accusing the sequel of having gay designs. that kinda implies he hasnt seen the original (the other guy too)
Apr 21, 2018 5:58 AM

Feb 2015
The old adaptation of the novels had equally bishounen designs, damn retrofags need to get over themselves and stop being so blinded by nostalgia.

The dialogue is delivered much better in the remake, remember Episode 2? When the commander rejected Yang's plan, he just seemed like an asshole that rejected it just cause, and finished it with the line ''It's nothing personal against you'',

That was much more believable in the remake, because the whole flow of the conversation, the tweaked dialogue and line delivery were much more understandable and composed, actually giving the impression that Yang's plan was rejected because the commander wants a plan to win, not a plan just not to lose. The line ''I've got nothing personal against you'' sits much better here.

Comparing the old one and the new one side by side, moments like these are extremely apparent of how superior they are to the old adaptation. The dialogue was often a freaking meme in the 80s adaptation.

New OST is fantastic too.
And people unfairly hate anything that involves CGI even when it's well done.
Let's not forget that the detailed CGI ships and battles here are still much superior than the sometimes wonky drawn still frames of ships and random white scribbles appearing over the screen to serve as projectiles.

Also, the ''original'' is the novel as far as I'm concerned. This new adaptation, while it's designs are different than the ones from the old adaptation, they were still made in accordance to the description of the characters in the novel.
Plus - the pacing here is much more faithful to the novel.
Considering it's 13 episodes followed by a trilogy of movies - the novel itself is 96 chapters, the old adaptation is so dragged out that it actually overshoots the novel's length.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Apr 23, 2018 10:47 AM

Oct 2013
>why are there people that hate inferior remakes
May 15, 2018 9:54 AM

Oct 2013
I don't understand either... I had really low expectations. Now im euphoric because its not as bad as I thought it would be.

Its still a god-tier anime.

The designs are worse but this is a modern adaptation so what did you expect? There are certain small things which are actually better in the new adaptation like someone noted above.

One important thing in my opinion is that this new adaptation seems so far much easier to get into for a new viewer since the old used too many info dumps and introduced wayy too many characters at the beginning without having them do anything relevant. Which is good though as a fan of the series already I do see the OVA as far superior. My first watch through the OVA was really magical... and really hard for me to actually remember half the names of characters. Now on my 6th rewatch its a lot better making me care about side characters lol.
I am a human.
May 15, 2018 8:43 PM

Jul 2009
Because in this life, people like to bitch about everything and anything. It is the way of the world. Ignore the haters.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.