Forum Settings
Forums
KATANAGATARI
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 31, 2018 7:15 AM

Sep 2015
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-30/vertical-licenses-katanagatari-dark-maidens-serial-killer-detective-novels/.129752

Will be released in 4 omnibus with 3 volumes in 1.

So hyped! I've been waiting for this!

I love Vertical for taking the mantle of translating NisiOisiN works, but now Katanagatari is finally out of its legal purgatory! Maybe NIS America will finally put the anime on a streaming site after this announcement, but that might be stretching it.
Nov 11, 2018 2:21 PM

Feb 2011
Just more two weeks for the first omnibus.
Music is freedom
Nov 11, 2018 2:43 PM

Sep 2015
KairosAevum said:
Just more two weeks for the first omnibus.

It's a long wait to get another NisiOisiN work on my shelf...
Nov 11, 2018 2:50 PM

Oct 2014
Would prefer singles, but I'd still love to read it. I'll probably pick it up myself.

Oh, it's hardcover. Nvm I bet it's gonna be really nice just like Vertical's release of Gundam Origin.
Dec 9, 2018 6:51 PM

May 2011
I've been enjoying the first omnibus, they have a fold-out of the beautiful cover art of the original volumes 2 and 3, and there are a ton of extensive footnotes so that Nisio's (in)famous love for wordplay is conveyed at least far more than a straight translation could ever do.
Super glad Vertical picked this up, since owning anything for Katanagatari in the west was nearly impossible thanks to only the super-rare collector's BD box sets being the only thing available. Hopefully the anime gets re-licensed and affordable disks get released.
Dec 9, 2018 10:13 PM

Sep 2015
Gekkouta said:
I've been enjoying the first omnibus, they have a fold-out of the beautiful cover art of the original volumes 2 and 3, and there are a ton of extensive footnotes so that Nisio's (in)famous love for wordplay is conveyed at least far more than a straight translation could ever do.
Super glad Vertical picked this up, since owning anything for Katanagatari in the west was nearly impossible thanks to only the super-rare collector's BD box sets being the only thing available. Hopefully the anime gets re-licensed and affordable disks get released.

Technically, Netflix has the streaming license to Katanagatari, but it's not available in North America. I think only a few places in Europe, though I'm not entirely sure where (I remember Sweden of all places coming up). If I had to guess why this is, then it's because Netflix just couldn't dub it (because NisiOisiN) and they won't release it to a North American audience without a dub. I mean, NIS obviously doesn't care about it anymore, so likely no re-releases, but the least they can do is push for it to be on a streaming site that actually streams it? Maybe then, it could actually get exposed to a wider fanbase and that itself can warrant a re-release? Really hope this LN release actually does get something stirring in the corporate pot.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katanagatari Chapter 55 Discussion

TitanInsane - Apr 1, 2022

1 by DOKE__HYOU »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Chapter 51 Discussion

DOKE__HYOU - Mar 7, 2023

0 by DOKE__HYOU »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:55 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Volume 4-6 Discussion

GiantQAACSleier - Jul 29, 2019

1 by animejas »»
Sep 28, 2020 10:45 AM

Poll: » Katanagatari Volume 1-3 Discussion

GiantQAACSleier - Jul 27, 2019

1 by animejas »»
Sep 19, 2020 2:51 PM

» Katanagatari novel translation started

vay78357 - Jan 28, 2011

1 by WitchJacqueline »»
Sep 26, 2016 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.