Forum Settings
Forums

When was the highlight of your experience with the anime medium?

New
Mar 28, 2018 7:04 PM

Feb 2009
A time when you enjoyed it so much, that every series seemed top quality and that was your most predominant form of entertainment?

For me I guess it was back in 2011, I was watching a lot of anime back then, and that year saw the release of A LOT of top tier anime, many of them comprising my favorites still in the present. Things like Steins Gate, Fate Zero, Usagi Drop, Madoka, Anohana, Chihayafuru, among others made that year the highlight of experiencing anime for me.
Mar 28, 2018 8:28 PM

Oct 2015
The time when I was only watching harem and ecchi and was watching on TV on my coach when the weather was colder. Good times, I remember watching Place to Place while I have a comforter on me.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 28, 2018 8:55 PM

Jun 2016
If we are talking about favourite year, then MALgraph says that my mean score for 2014 is the highest out of any other year that I've at least completed series in the double digits. One of my favourites came out that year, and there were a bunch of other shows that I gave at least an 8 to as well, so 2014 would be my pick.

But honestly when I first seriously watching in 2013, I thought most if not all the anime I watched around that time were great because I wasn't as picky. Those were the good old days, come to think of it.
Mar 28, 2018 9:31 PM

Jul 2017
The highlight would be the years when I was in school, like 1/3 of the class would watch anime. I still regret that I didn't watch more anime back then, I rarely have chances to talk about anime with friends in real life after that.

Also this Winter 2018 season. I haven't watch seasonal anime for a long time, and the experience is great. Even though I can't keep up and put some of the best one on-hold, I am liking all the anime I am watching,
Mar 28, 2018 9:33 PM

Sep 2014
Would of been when I first started watching anime, every show was god-like back then
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
Mar 29, 2018 2:07 AM

Feb 2013
in recent memories, a day when i watched like 6 old ovas back to back

on longer periods, since i track my watching, ive had various season with higher than average number of 10s and favs
but the beggining obv has the most XD
but now that i think more of it, summer 2017 was a highlight.. including the day of ovas
Mar 29, 2018 2:10 AM

Jan 2018
When Naruto first aired on TV
damn... I was only 7 back then, say what you wanna say but you can never forget that

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 29, 2018 2:15 AM

Aug 2009
Probably the late 2000's. I had the scy-fy channel back then and they would show a bunch of old anime like Akira, Perfect Blue, Jin-Roh, Wicked City, Ninja Scroll etc. which continue to be some of my favorite.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 29, 2018 2:21 AM
Jul 2015
The first month.

I had a severe depression back then, had problems everywhere. I mean really big problems - I was even homeless for a few days. I had to leave house because I didn't want to follow their religion.
With no friends willing to help me it was very hard.

My luck was that I found a job at that moment that offered accommodation. The sallary was pitiful and they worked us like slaves - there were times when the concrete was coming at 9, 10 or even 11, at night...and despite working 10 hours normally, we had to continue to work until the concrete came.

----

Bottom line, it was one of the hardest moments in my life. Looking back I often wonder how did I manage to resist... it was then that I discovered anime. I would often sleep 3 or 4 hours a night only so I could watch anime despite that the following day was going to be hella hard.

It was my refuge, my way of escaping reality.
Mar 29, 2018 2:22 AM

Apr 2012
Very early on, back when I watched Serial Experiments lain for the first time. That was the time when I discovered the true power of television.
Mar 29, 2018 4:18 AM

Sep 2017
my hetalia phase in 2016, embarrassing but god it was fun, me and my group of friends were a bunch of self aware weebs and it was great, everyone just shitposted and tried to cause drama.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Mar 29, 2018 6:32 AM

Feb 2018
When I just got into it watching anime. My expectations were so low for anime I was blown away when I enjoyed it.
Mar 29, 2018 6:40 AM

Nov 2017
My childhood years watching the good old school anime series.
Mar 29, 2018 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
Probably somewhere from 2009 to 2011 I guess. Since that's where I started watching online and everything I found happens to be enjoyable enough for me.

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 31 minutes ago

9 by Zimmu »»
3 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 1 hour ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
4 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 18 minutes ago

1 by Nemo_Niemand »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 2 hours ago

17 by Zettaiken »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

232 by TheMinkalex »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.