Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2018 12:17 PM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I haven't seen anime episodes yet, because episodes aren't subbed yet, and no point watching raws (if available?)

I've seen some information around different places, that anime version is closer to novel version (same characters, that film version were missing, case itself could be little different too)

About film itself:

I liked film animation, case itself was quite tricky but you will understand it before Kindaichi find who is suspect (lol), overall music was pretty nice during certain scenes, very bitter and dramatic scenes included. Ending was quite meh, didn't hit much as else on the film.

1 hour 30 minutes, from start till end, still one of the best cases on Kindaichi so far, I really want to see original anime version :(
GaichiMar 14, 2018 12:27 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 18, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2011
Middle portion was kinda boring but the ending was epic. Akechi is boss as usual. Wish there's more time for the explanation part though, who's the little girl doing the hacking? Naguni's daughter? What's going to happen to the dad and Akane? What about their business?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 3, 2018 6:59 AM

Oct 2012
So in the end it's still Akane's fiance.. movie or TV ver.
The characters is fewer than TV ver.

As per usual Kindaichi's ending is so bitter for the people involved

Hmm.. I enjoyed TV ver. more than this
Fumi is usually awesome, but in this movie she's just like a passerby
Even Xiao Long have more "roles" in TV ver.

Ofc I can't complain about Kindaichi movie that premiered 18 years ago xD
"Signature removed"
Feb 24, 2021 11:26 PM
Feb 2021
Jul 16, 2021 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't seen the TV version yet so I don't know which is better but this is the best case of Kindaichi out of what I have seen. The ending was brilliant and the culprit actually felt different compared to what is seen from the TV series. The animation in some shots were really good especially the explosions which were beautiful. Seems like the girl at the end was the professor's actual daughter. I wonder if Akane will take over the business now that her father would be arrested. Music usage ranged from average to decent, the tsunami scene was great. Also, the leader of the terrorist group dying was so satisfying. What an annoying clown he was. Hopefully, there would be more cases like this.

Edit after watching TV version - TV version sucked with the ending being complete garbage in comparison to this.
removed-userAug 6, 2021 2:30 AM
Apr 2, 2022 8:47 PM

Oct 2018
This case is the pinnacle of the Kindaichi files [At this time, I haven't seen the last case of the TV season]. Compared to the last movie, the production was much stronger in this one. The animation during certain moments was really good with some cinematic shots during the tsunami and the helicopter scenes. I loved the way the culprit acted on this one and the ending tsunami scene was absolutely epic with the orchestral music playing. Compared to the TV version, this was exponentially better. The only problem with this case is how you can guess pretty much who the culprit is around a little after the mid-point of the film. 9/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.