Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2018 4:43 PM

Jan 2017
shanimebib said:
Since no one will do a proper screencap, I am doing it for you guys!

Coming back to the episode: the moment they realized what have happened to the previous 13th was a bit too much of a shock for 390. I think the Keep Out signs were put there intentionally to pique the interest of the Children and let them find out the situation they are actually in by themselves.

I have a feeling that 556 x 326 will become a thing because of the number of interactions between them keep piling up.

Also, really liked the character development we had in this episode of all the characters. The episode served as a truly bonding experience amongst the girls and the boys and also all of them coming to realization that they need one another. I liked it how the girls wanted to have 002 on their side, from a natural point of view. That's one more step towards considering 002 as someone human by everyone even though she is not.

002's wanting to experience human fights was a very nice touch in the episode. Plus for 016 for saying how the girls are the ones who go through the physical toll during piloting the FRANXX which hit the boys really hard. Boys will be boys but they are actually all nice deep inside.

Also, 556 and 390 were incredibly cute in this episode. 556 (read: best girl) in particular took the helm for the girls. Maybe she is now aware of what Boy x Girl really means because she has gone through that book she picked up from the ruins in the previous episode.

With this seemingly stupid episode, we actually got a lot of character development so can't really complain. And we also got a glimpse of UBW i.e. Unlimited Bowl Works so that's a plus.

lowkey I can't decide who's got the nicer behind between Zorome & Hiro.

Mar 3, 2018 4:44 PM

Sep 2016
this anime is trying way too hard to show relationship metaphor
is this propaganda piece by Abe-sama to tell Japanese kids to fuck each others and repopulate the dying country?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 3, 2018 4:55 PM

Oct 2017
so back to back episodes where the only interesting part was the last few minutes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2018 5:02 PM

May 2015
02 the best man. I can definitely see some hardships with them having feelings for other people than their partner and then they can't control the mecha. O ya did i mention 02 is the best?
Mar 3, 2018 5:15 PM

Sep 2016
Zero Two continues to break limits, holy shit this was a funny episode.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Mar 3, 2018 5:15 PM
Aug 2017
- [ Best Scene ] -
= When Zero Two attacked Hiro with underwears.
Mar 3, 2018 5:20 PM

Aug 2015
I wonder how often we'll get an MC speech from Hiro, it was funny getting one from Ikuno.
Mar 3, 2018 5:36 PM
Jan 2018
do you know who sing an insert song before OP in this episode?
Mar 3, 2018 5:38 PM
May 2015
I don't know why but it feels like someone is going to die soon...
It feels like it...
It's most likely gonna be Kokoro since she did something "out of character"
but then again ... I don't think it's this kind of anime!
So she is most likely safe!
:D

*And if this comment gets flagged or something it would mean that I was right about that :D
I cant know since I didn't read the Manga/LN ...*
Mar 3, 2018 5:56 PM

Jun 2017
StasaTank said:
I don't know why but it feels like someone is going to die soon...
It feels like it...
It's most likely gonna be Kokoro since she did something "out of character"
but then again ... I don't think it's this kind of anime!
So she is most likely safe!
:D

*And if this comment gets flagged or something it would mean that I was right about that :D
I cant know since I didn't read the Manga/LN ...*

There is no LN since it's an anime original. There is a manga but it's behind the anime.
Mar 3, 2018 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
Well! That was certainly an episode, no doubt. Loved the little "fight" between the guys and girls as well as the new ED.

However! There seem to be death flags popping up left, right, and center in this episode, soooo...things are probably going to get dark/downhill next episode, for sure.
Mar 3, 2018 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was beautiful for multiple reasons: Zero Two wanting to be human and actually interacting with the other parasites, the petty argument that Nana put an end to and Zero Two's role in it, Miku's discovery, and the boys and the girls making up with each other, which just put a smile on my face. Lets not forget the ending theme too!

If Zero Two isn't the biggest troll ever LOL
Bonus points for Heartcatch vibes

8.0 +.5 = 8.5 ep imo~
Mar 3, 2018 6:36 PM
Jan 2018
this episode is so fun fanservice, better than ep 7. i somehow amazed that an anime that looks and feels "copy-paste" lot of other anime can be this good. the battle is awesome and the comedy really funny. this 2 last episode feels like really the time that kids become aware of the opposite sex's body, and zero two just pouring gas into a fire.

oh yeah btw i think it is really deep when 02 make a jokes on the roof when she ask if she is looks like more human, and when she said wants to know about how human play and quarell. i don't understand with the kids who say that 015 is the best girl. i too do really loves 015, but 02 deserves lot of love too. why? because ever since we don't know she is always beng called a monster, treated like a weapon, foreced to fight in the frontlines, and her partners who is suppposed to be the closest persons to her are all dead. but still she fights for everyone. she always laugh and smile because she knows that crying won't do a thing. and finnaly she meets hiro the only partner/lover who are able survive after 3 ride, and it feels like he is the only one that can save her. those compared to 015, 015 is a very good girl but she is just some typical childhood friends who has unrequited love/sisterly love. btw why TF we forget about 016's ex partner???? she is more sad than anyoe she clearly fights for hiro and trying her best but hiro makes her fails all the time in the past. AND then she just died like a stomped cockroach in order to glorified 02 appearence......
oldboiMar 3, 2018 6:45 PM
Mar 3, 2018 6:43 PM

Jan 2015
this show is so stupid. jesus christ. i'm going to finish the first cour but so far this has been such a ridiculously awful show with no tone whatsoever
Mar 3, 2018 6:46 PM
Mar 2015
Glad that they began to realize the truth of their situation. Theyare expendable children who will never reach adulthood
Mar 3, 2018 6:46 PM
Jan 2018
RedKitten13 said:
Well! That was certainly an episode, no doubt. Loved the little "fight" between the guys and girls as well as the new ED.

However! There seem to be death flags popping up left, right, and center in this episode, soooo...things are probably going to get dark/downhill next episode, for sure.

no don't you dare giving me that........ this is not GOT or Akame ga K*** please
Mar 3, 2018 7:05 PM
Dec 2017
I just wanna say to zero two that "you so fuken precious when you smile"
"Life isn't always bright as daylight, the real personality of every person is when the night comes and the moonlight that shines through the dark hours."

Mar 3, 2018 7:26 PM

Dec 2015
"Thinking things will settle down after that ecchi-intro, although Zero Two hasn't had enough"

Honestly can't complain about another episode dedicated purely for character development; better sooner than later. The series started off with a bang, now it's time for the writers to fill in the gaps. Having read the manga, I honestly knew what to expect with the fan-service so no complaints there.

Kind of felt like the death-flags were too strong of an anchor after all the comedic drama, it's going to be hard when one of the characters inevitably dies :-/

~
Mar 3, 2018 7:37 PM

Jul 2009
Ok the last part of this episode was so damn forced. And makes little sense unless the elders intended for them to eventually see that room. What’s the point of putting KEEP OUT signs on doors inside the house they live in? And the only thing behind those doors is another bedroom? I expected some secert to be behind it, but the kids already knew there was a previous group there (like duh. Obviously they aren’t the only units.) if the adults really wanted to hide that why not keep the room open and take out the dumb photograph (also why the hell did Miku act so shocked over a pic. Dramatic much. You fight monsters. People die. It shouldnt come as a surprise).

Besides that, the whole drama was ridiculous. Yes the boys were wrong to ogle them. They should’ve been like Mitsuru and looked away. But they’re bratty kids so ok they made a mistake. But then splitting the entire house up to avoid them was a ridiculous proposition. I expected that from Miku but even the LEADER Ichigo was on board. But ok whatever they’re just stupid kids so I guess you can justify their actions —doesn’t change the fact it was ridiculous and dumb.

Finally, i’m sure most people are getting the same vibes but I’m calling it now for sure, I think Mitsuru and Kokoro are gonna have a thing. Puberty sex is on the rise~

They’re have been so many death flags. Hope they come true, this series needs some death. It needs to hit us in the kokoro (see what I did there—ok no I’m sorry don’t make it be her! She’s too precious)
InugirlzMar 3, 2018 7:43 PM
Mar 3, 2018 8:03 PM

Apr 2017
This episode was hilarious, I love this anime.
Please let all the deathflags and uneasy feelings these episodes give be red herrings and everyone survives and lives happily ever after. I don't want anyone to die, I just want them to be happy, please.
cunnysseur
Mar 3, 2018 8:11 PM
Jun 2015
I like how they made cliches in the beginning and then twisting it into an emotional dark moment for the parasites to know about death, i assume the next episode could be a turning point.
Mar 3, 2018 8:17 PM

Apr 2009
these episodes feel like the calm before the shit storm.
Mar 3, 2018 8:23 PM
May 2017
Wow that was annoying how irrational and stupid the girls were at the beginning. I didn't expect that bullcrap to be the entire episode. At least they realized it and sorted it out at the end.
Mar 3, 2018 8:31 PM

Apr 2014
sneakers-n-cake said:
this show is so stupid. jesus christ. i'm going to finish the first cour but so far this has been such a ridiculously awful show with no tone whatsoever

The show has no idea what it wants to be.
Mar 3, 2018 8:43 PM

Feb 2014
duderus said:
dasprn said:
This episode really explained how a relationship among two genders work. The last time such was explained was by Kiznaiver.

And
@duderus Looking forward to your gifs!

Oh, well don't expect anything then I got enough reports that I got a warning + my posts will be removed in 2 days with the gifs/stitches~ I can only post 1 "screenshot"
from now on

Aww that's sad
Well I look forward for your works in the future then
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 3, 2018 8:59 PM
Aug 2016
isekai said:
welp not much happen just slice of life as they all enter puberty

they will all die sooner or later 02 said damn

Kokoro already read the book of sex lol

can people just stop saying that is a sex book? because it wasn't

that is a book about pregnancy and how to take care babies for new moms. probably it will have a word of "sex" but that's it witouht further explanation what sex actually is or how to do it
Mar 3, 2018 9:50 PM

Dec 2016
The opening fight leading to mystery slime was so ridiculous I have to wonder if Dr. Franxx isn't also behind the Klaxosaurs. He clearly has an agenda related to the sexual awakening of these kids.

I like the direction the last two episodes have taken in terms of character development and world building. The pacing still seems a bit slow relative to how much happens in an episode, though.

I have to admit that this show is a bit hard to make sense of tonally. It obviously has a very dark subtext going on, but at times it is hard to take seriously.

My favorite part was Hiro finally asking Zero Two to open up to him. Hope we will see them get closer in future episodes and get some Zero Two backstory in the process.
Mar 3, 2018 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
I could tell trigger did almost all of the animation for this episode––much more expressive and slightly more rough than previous episodes, so to me, at least, a massive improvement. I hope this trend continues throughout the rest of the show.
Mar 3, 2018 10:16 PM

Jul 2016
Not enough sex jokes
Mar 3, 2018 11:33 PM
Apr 2016
Loved this episode. This is the kind of character development I expect from kiznavier.
Mar 3, 2018 11:34 PM

May 2017
I'm not a huge fan of the new ED mostly because the first one was pretty darn good by itself but the artwork in the ED is top notch
Mar 4, 2018 12:30 AM

Jun 2008
Extremely FUN episode...and a big reason why this anime is the best so far this year.

>Good ecchi.

>Girls vs Boys shenanigans

>Zero Two trolls both the girls and boys in an epic manner

>Character Development, cast needs get along if they want to survive.

>Ominous Foreshadowing with the picture of the old squad and Zero Two's words...

^Amazing they could fit all of that in one episode and still make it very entertaining.

Very happy with this anime so far.

Zero Two solidifying her Best Girl status in this episode BTW.
Mar 4, 2018 12:40 AM
Nov 2017
cupc said:
Kokoro's kokoros
Ah, Character's characters. The gift that keeps on giving. :)
Mar 4, 2018 1:00 AM

Jun 2017
Great episode again without any action
I love miku
And mitsuru x kokoro let's goooooo !!!!
Mar 4, 2018 1:03 AM

May 2016
Whew! That was a pretty enjoyable episode, after all but again. Right from the near to the end of it, things has gotten dark. Well, to me it is and it's a little bit twisted. I kinda feel like it's interesting thing to talk about. And you might wanna beware of the spoilers so yeah. You've been warned.

We all know that previous Former Squad 13 were
and they didn't specify that much, what I mean is what was the situation that caused their death. For sure it is they didn't get to know each other, I personally don't think it was but I would be certain it's because of that. However, that's way too little for us to know and think about. I understand why they kept it to themselves rather than telling these current squad 13, so of course they've seen the picture and Zero Two told them but the question is: How does she know that? That's the case I've been wondering. It's never too hard for the characters to be capable of "knowing each other", it's a obvious social interaction in general. The theme of the show is a mecha but ironically, it's relationship in all original forms, it is of course hard to understand and the fans seem to be not relying on it, though it depends. I do not have hopes for the show to what I expect to have. It got me intrigued and kept the edge of my seat and realized how interesting it is, although there is lot of misleading things with the dialogue and triggers the people's mind to becoming dirty, nothing serious at all. (Lol)

I do sound like pretty serious to discuss about and yeah, there's that.
DeadeyeReViValMar 4, 2018 1:07 AM
Mar 4, 2018 1:04 AM

Oct 2013
Z4k said:
Fatboy will obviously die first
In a glorious suicide attack Musasahi-style, am I right? :)
jminkey said:
I could tell trigger did almost all of the animation for this episode––much more expressive and slightly more rough than previous episodes, so to me, at least, a massive improvement. I hope this trend continues throughout the rest of the show.
It actually suprised me that Trigger was handling this episode since their previous episodes lacked in the character animation department. But yeah, lots of fun faces and 002's chase was especially well done.
Mar 4, 2018 1:48 AM
Jan 2018
Tasel said:
Please let all the deathflags and uneasy feelings these episodes give be red herrings and everyone survives and lives happily ever after. I don't want anyone to die, I just want them to be happy, please.

Whete do you see death flag?
Mar 4, 2018 2:23 AM

Apr 2017
Angel942 said:
Tasel said:

Whete do you see death flag?

"You're all going to die anyway", finding that picture of the former 13 squad, talking a lot about death.
Hiro and Zero two talking about how they're always gonna be together.
The fact that the characters are going through puberty and having fights among each other when they need to concentrate to link with the mechs not to, how many times did their mechs stop working already because they couldn't properly link because of their conflicting feelings, etc.
cunnysseur
Mar 4, 2018 2:46 AM

Jan 2018
Really good episode, good balance of genres, good vibes and some deep shit.
Can someone explain what parasites are?, are they normal humans or some type of clones that will die when they get past puberty?

S T A T I C

Mar 4, 2018 3:34 AM

Feb 2018
YoungboyNFA said:

Can someone explain what parasites are?, are they normal humans or some type of clones that will die when they get past puberty?

We don't know.

They are not completely human, or not at all...
Mar 4, 2018 3:38 AM

Jan 2018
Tomlora said:
YoungboyNFA said:

We don't know.

Might be some big conspiracy type situation in the anime.
When Zero Two showed Hiro the city all I could think was that city was a "fake", and they are in some type of simulation.
I think they are human.

S T A T I C

Mar 4, 2018 3:41 AM

Feb 2018
YoungboyNFA said:
Tomlora said:

We don't know.

Might be some big conspiracy type situation in the anime.
When Zero Two showed Hiro the city all I could think was that city was a "fake", and they are in some type of simulation.
I think they are human.

A human hasn't yellow cells in his body
Mar 4, 2018 4:30 AM
Jan 2017
Nice episode. 4/5
Mar 4, 2018 4:48 AM

Jul 2016
I'm keeping track of the episodes that have notable amounts of fanservice. First episode 2, then episode 6, now episode 8. Episode 2 is still the winner.
Mar 4, 2018 4:51 AM

Feb 2014
The goo-like substance was a classic fanservice tool that actually worked out better than I thought it would. It's amusing to see how all of the squad members, except for Zero Two by the looks of it, to hit puberty at once and let their emotions heavily effect their judgement and decisions.

Miku was easily the most stubborn one of the lot with the girls splitting the base in half for the girls and the other half for the boys. My biggest laugh actually came when Zorome savaged Miku by saying that the guys can do whatever they want on their side of the base while coming back from the lake with Futoshi and Hiro in their boxers. Miku's salty reaction to that was pure gold. XD

But I'm glad that the others eventually realised about how stupid the whole thing was and wanted to make a truce. Miku refused at first and ran into the blocked-off room that was part of the former squad that lived their. Zero Two's words about them being potentially killed off in the future is something that I think will happen. Anyway, seeing everyone make up their differences and putting the whole saga behind them did put a smile on my face =)

I was expecting the first ED song to come back after last week's beach-inspired ED song, but I was wrong. This new ED song is, again, really nice and same goes for the animation stills that went with it too.

Great episode again and Zero Two is the undisputed best girl of the show. =P
Mar 4, 2018 5:26 AM

Jun 2017
Any of the substance it tries to have gets overshadowed by all the stupid shit. I can't really take anything seriously.
Mar 4, 2018 5:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The nuked guys scene was a surprise !!!! kekeke
Mar 4, 2018 5:44 AM

Jan 2013
What a nice episode xD I believe they all had fun :D
But that ending just shows the though reality they have to live.
And it seems that Kokoro found out who are babies and how to make them xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 4, 2018 5:58 AM

Sep 2013
... Those mechas have a huge design flaw... If the acid was actually lethal.... Or even if the klaxosaurs released poisonous gas.....
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

391 by otakuanity »»
May 8, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

232 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 2:45 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

283 by otakuanity »»
May 7, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

357 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

344 by otakuanity »»
May 6, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.