Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 28, 2018 11:45 PM

Dec 2009
I looked into wikipedia and the date of the manga and anime, so clearly the manga was done first, only for it to become adapted into anime really quickly of just a few months, airing in english first, before japanese. So, seemingly it's very popular with how fast it got an anime adaption and a second season.

The manga is very short of only 16 chapters and 2 volumes. 408 pages in total.
Unfortunately it's licensed so unless I buy the manga online, then I won't be able to read it completely. We only got 3-4 chapters online for free.

The author is Masafumi Harada, who just completed his second only manga 2 years ago, Too Much Pain of adult genre. At least, that's as far as myanimelist can say. Mangaupdates shows he wrote two other manga before Space Dandy.

Oddly enough, even though Space Dandy is seemingly a positive success. The author's other mangas are seemingly none existent with no translation.

... So with all of that in mind. I know that Space Dandy is episodic, at least in the anime. But, why isn't there a 3rd Season?
... Wait, nevermind. Apparently the anime came first, not the manga but. ... How did the manga publish before then? Or am I reading in the wrong places?...

As far as I've gone with all the information I could find. I don't see any reason as to why, Space Dandy hasn't continued and what the difference is between the manga and the anime. ... It seems the plots are a little different but. Does that mean it has the same ending? Or since it's episodic, they both don't have endings?

Why has it been around 4 years without another season?
I'll be honest, I didn't love it either but in it's own way, it is great. Every episode individually isn't always good but the concept and some aspects are very entertaining.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
Yesterday, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Mar 8, 2014

138 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.