[Event] Mini Game V9: The Bachelor Mafia | Game Over - Just Crossbell

New
Feb 11, 2018 3:28 PM

Nov 2015

🌹 Rules 🌹

🌹 Set-up 🌹

🌹 Game Details 🌹

🌹 Waypoints 🌹
Day 1 | Vote 1.0 - Vote 1.1 - Vote 1.2 - Vote 1.3 - Vote 1.4 - Vote 1.5 - Vote 1.6 - Vote 1.7 - Vote 1.8 - Vote 1.9 - Vote 1.10 - Vote 1.11 - Vote 1.12 - Vote 1.13 - Vote 1.14 - Vote 1.15 - Vote 1.16 - Vote 1.17 - Vote 1.18 - Vote 1.19 - FINAL | Night 1

Day 2 | Vote 2.0 - Vote 2.1 - Vote 2.2 - Vote 2.3 - Vote 2.4 - Vote 2.5 - Vote 2.6 - Vote 2.7 - Vote 2.8 - Vote 2.9 - FINAL | Night 2

Day 3 | Vote 3.0 - Vote 3.1 - Vote 3.2 - Vote 3.3 - Vote 3.4 - Vote 3.5 - FINAL | Game End

>FULL GAME SETUP<

🌹 In Cross’s Harem (Alive) - 7/12 🌹
AbuHumaid
Phraze
Labs
ScarletCelestial
Crossbell
Riku
Coromandel

🌹 Losers in Love (Dead) 🌹
Century_Orion | Sasaki, Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 1
PentaFlare | Himeko Shinohara, Town Vanilla - Killed Night 1
Ruu | Juna Crawford, Mafia Assassin - Lynched Day 2
Sleipnirr | Rena Ryugyuu, Town Vigilante - Killed Night 2
Phraze | Kino, Mafia Traveller - Lynched Day 3
Ironace | Asuka Hiiragi, Mafia Neighborizor - Accidentally blew himself up Day 3
TogsFeb 5, 2019 11:28 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2018 3:32 PM

Nov 2015
It's currently Day 0, so don't post except to confirm you got your role PM, which will be sent out over the next hour or so.

This game will begin tomorrow at 5:00 PM GMT / 12:00 PM EST. If everyone confirms before then, I'll start it early and add the extra time to the beginning of Day 1.

>> Game Start Timer <<
Feb 11, 2018 4:56 PM

Oct 2011
confirmed

Feb 11, 2018 4:59 PM
Feb 11, 2018 5:01 PM

Mar 2014
/Confirmed
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Feb 11, 2018 5:24 PM

Jan 2016
/CONFIRM
Feb 11, 2018 5:47 PM

Aug 2017
comfy

My role looks gay
Feb 11, 2018 5:58 PM

Aug 2014
Confirmed
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Feb 11, 2018 9:31 PM

May 2014
Confirmed!

Feb 11, 2018 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
/Confirm
Feb 12, 2018 2:07 AM

Dec 2013
Confirmed
Feb 12, 2018 2:19 AM

Dec 2016
Confirm
Feb 12, 2018 9:04 AM

Nov 2015
@Century_Orion @AbuHumaid @PentaFlare @Phraze @Labs @Sleipnirr @ScarletCelestial @Crossbell @Ruu @Riku @Coromandel @Ironace

🌹 Day 1: For Whom the ‘Bell Tolls 🌹

“Welcome welcome welcome to our contestants ! Goodness, what an fine assortment we have gathered here today. I see you’ve all gathered here from far and wide to put your hearts on the line in the ultimate game of love. What passion ! What fire ! Well I won’t keep you waiting, time to introduce you to who you really came to see. He’s smart, he’s charming, and he’s our Bachelor here today: Crossbell !

Hubba hubba ! With an bio like that, who wouldn’t swipe right ? Well, now that you’ve met your man, it’s time to win him. So go forth, and----what’s this ? --Someone snuck in ..? Security ! Get this poser out of here now !

Togs has been eliminated. He was:

Apologies for that. Anyways now that we got that example role pm totally random coincidence out of the way: let the game begin !

It is now Day 1. Phase change will be in 48 hours, at 5:00 PM GMT.

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Feb 12, 2018 9:18 AM

May 2015
Lol Togs has the best phase changes xD

Let's start with rvs:

vote: Phraze

Questions for everyone:

1) players you are wary about?
2) Do you think mafia will try to get as many roses as possible or just focus on playing normally?
Feb 12, 2018 9:21 AM

Oct 2011
Vote: coromandel
paranoia reasons~

Feb 12, 2018 9:43 AM

Oct 2011
Ruu said:

Let's start with rvs:

Questions for everyone:

2) Do you think mafia will try to get as many roses as possible or just focus on playing normally?
voting me.. lol

may I ask what u hope to achieve from these questions?

Feb 12, 2018 9:52 AM

May 2015
Phraze said:
Ruu said:

Let's start with rvs:

Questions for everyone:

voting me.. lol

may I ask what u hope to achieve from these questions?

obvs ;)

it's a conversation starter and it can help move the game forward + pass rvs. We need to start somewhere xD
Feb 12, 2018 10:56 AM

Oct 2011
where are the ppl.. looks like Abu isnt here too

@Ruu
ok
1. Penta/Abu/Iron since they're good as either alignment (might include u)
2. not sure. I imagine they would

Feb 12, 2018 10:58 AM

Nov 2015
🌹 Vote Count 1.0 🌹

💔 Phraze (1) 💔 Ruu
💔 Coromandel (1) 💔 Phraze
💔 Crossbell (1) 💔 Ironace

💍 Not Voting (9) 💍 Century_Orion, AbuHumaid, PentaFlare, Labs, Sleipnirr, ScarletCelestial, Crossbell, Riku, Coromandel

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Feb 12, 2018 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
hey hey hey!
2 hours and so few have talked...
where are you guys?!

vote:crossbel
your fighting to win your own love?! i dont buy it
Feb 12, 2018 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
Phraze said:

@Ruu
ok

lul me good as either alignment....
what even....
Feb 12, 2018 11:03 AM

May 2014
Vote: Century_Orion

Who are you? :3

Phraze said:
paranoia reasons~

soo. you're not wary of me, but there's paranoia..?

Feb 12, 2018 11:06 AM

Oct 2011
ppl appeared~

ironace said:
Phraze said:

@Ruu
ok

lul me good as either alignment....
what even....
since u just lurk or sheep as both

coromandel said:
Phraze said:
paranoia reasons~

soo. you're not wary of me, but there's paranoia..?
iirc I figured u out before. so ur not someone I'll worry about. paranoia since ur pockety

Feb 12, 2018 11:20 AM

May 2014
ironace said:
hey hey hey!
where are you guys?!

:D

Ruu said:
Questions for everyone:

If I have to..
- you
- Penta
- Labs

...for the most part.

Tbh, I used to start games with this mindset: Who's the person that's hard to read, who do I need to be wary of and focus on? But I'm starting to realize this is a load of bs. Because it doesn't matter who you think is a "good" player, who you think is good at manipulating others. What matters is: Who rolled mafia, and who didn't?
Every game has a different dynamic and at the start you never really know who it is you should be wary of the most. Good players can have bad days, "bad" players can have good days. A newbie can bite you in the *ss because you disregarded them and didn't take them seriously enough. And you may be watching the more expirienced players "too" carefully, losing sight of the real scum. So.. while I've witnessed very good scum play from the players I've listed above, I'm not *really* more wary of them, or at least not trying to be. hm.

Ruu said:
Idk because there are many different strategies and ways of how to play as mafia.

Like in every other mafia game, they'll need to blend in with the town, so to some extend they'll have to pretend they're town and follow Crossbell's strategies. Whether they'll try hard to win Crossbell's roses, who knows.

Feb 12, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2016
I can't wait to seduce myself.

Vote Crossbell

Feb 12, 2018 11:34 AM

Jan 2016
Ruu said:

1) I'm worried about you, Scarlet, and coromandel. You have personally fooled me in the past when you have rolled mafia, and Scarlet I think played a pretty solid game in the Fate Minimash that went on at MU (plus, I don't think I've played a game with her). coromandel.. I don't think I've played a game with her as scum, but I think she's one of the more solid players on this forum?

Everyone else I more or less have experience with?

2) First off I don't even know why Togs made this lolworthy game. I think scum will focus on trying to get the roses because good town play (and therefore by extension, good scum play) involves playing pretty townie, which I've heard that this setup incentivizes.

Feb 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Jan 2016
Also, Regfan voted me for most n00b player so I have to wear this avatar for the rest of the game.

Feb 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Oct 2011
@Ruu
would like to see ur answers too

@coromandel
u seen me play as non-town before, does it affect ur approach with me? I'm sure u picked up smthing from that experience, and I'm curious.

@Crossbell
selfvoting in rvs. hmm..
anyways, I like the incentive in this setup. def want to unlock abilities xD

Feb 12, 2018 11:55 AM

May 2015
ironace said:

such a tsundere move lol

Since Cross is playing I guess Togs is the one giving away the roses right? or does that mean Cross is IC? idk it's something that popped into my head just now xD Like if Cross ends up being IC that would help us a lot because we would have a conf townie and someone that we can consider our leader...

oh, togs said this was rng so that's unlikely then...

Feb 12, 2018 11:59 AM

Jan 2016
I literally have nothing to do with the setup besides Togs trolling me massively about what my waifus are or something like that.

Feb 12, 2018 12:01 PM

May 2015
@Phraze lol I was about to do that:

1) Cross and you. I think the others I can figure out in time but you two are an enigma to me xD
2) I do think mafia will try to get as many roses as possible because hidden abilities can really help them, especially if there are vote manipulation ones or if we lynch one of them on D1/D2 and they need all the help they can get.

Feb 12, 2018 12:04 PM

Oct 2011
lol. I imagine Cross got named as bach since it flavorfully fits with the mountain of advice he usually gives about maf games. hence, selfexplanatory NAI

Feb 12, 2018 12:10 PM

Oct 2011
Ruu said:
@Phraze lol I was about to do that:

1) Cross and you. I think the others I can figure out in time but you two are an enigma to me xD
2) I do think mafia will try to get as many roses as possible because hidden abilities can really help them, especially if there are vote manipulation ones or if we lynch one of them on D1/D2 and they need all the help they can get.

ok. when did u play with scum!Cross and scum!me? iirc u rep'd out when I was scum.
good point. tho I guess the roses will matter more when a teammate goes down. having the advantage of info sounds dandy enough to me.

Feb 12, 2018 12:18 PM

Dec 2016
Good evening everyone! I wouldn't call Fate "good"... Suicide bombing Titus T.T

1. People I'm wary of... ??? I'm not good at answering this. Mainly because I haven't played with at least a third of the players in this game yet.

2. Hard to judge. Since we're talking about them as if they'd obviously go for the roses, they'd likely not. Since we would then anticipate that, they'd go for roses. So predicting the behaviour would be difficult.
Feb 12, 2018 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
My net is so shit rn
@Ruu
Most probably scarlet and abu.
For ur second question I honestly don't know.if have no idea how game changing roses are so I guess I'll leave it for later.
Feb 12, 2018 12:22 PM

Dec 2013
Phraze said:
since u just lurk or sheep as both

Feb 12, 2018 12:35 PM

May 2015
coromandel said:
ironace said:
hey hey hey!
where are you guys?!

Ruu said:
Questions for everyone:

If I have to..
- you
- Penta
- Labs

...for the most part.

Tbh, I used to start games with this mindset: Who's the person that's hard to read, who do I need to be wary of and focus on? But I'm starting to realize this is a load of bs. Because it doesn't matter who you think is a "good" player, who you think is good at manipulating others. What matters is: Who rolled mafia, and who didn't?
Every game has a different dynamic and at the start you never really know who it is you should be wary of the most. Good players can have bad days, "bad" players can have good days. A newbie can bite you in the *ss because you disregarded them and didn't take them seriously enough. And you may be watching the more expirienced players "too" carefully, losing sight of the real scum. So.. while I've witnessed very good scum play from the players I've listed above, I'm not *really* more wary of them, or at least not trying to be. hm.

Ruu said:
Idk because there are many different strategies and ways of how to play as mafia.

Like in every other mafia game, they'll need to blend in with the town, so to some extent they'll have to pretend they're town and follow Crossbell's strategies. Whether they'll try hard to win Crossbell's roses, who knows.

I really like this post. You took the time and your answer doesn't seem forced.

Hopefully all this answers will help us later.
I wish we could move on from rvs but it will happen naturally I guess...
Feb 12, 2018 12:37 PM

Oct 2011
Ruu said:
scum prefer to avoid rvs. right?

Feb 12, 2018 12:44 PM

Jan 2016
Ruu said:

You liked coromandel's post. Do you think it comes more from a town mindset or a mafia mindset? Do you think that taking time to answer the question is alignment indicative?

I'm struggling to see a world where these questions would really help us at all; it's not bad as a icebreaker but in terms of actually figuring out alignments I don't think these questions will help us when flips happen?

Feb 12, 2018 12:44 PM

May 2014
Ruu said:
ironace said:

such a tsundere move lol

Since Cross is playing I guess Togs is the one giving away the roses right? or does that mean Cross is IC? idk it's something that popped into my head just now xD Like if Cross ends up being IC that would help us a lot because we would have a conf townie and someone that we can consider our leader...

oh, togs said this was rng so that's unlikely then...

Where?

I was assuming Cross is town tbh.

Phraze said:
@Ruu
would like to see ur answers too

@coromandel
u seen me play as non-town before, does it affect ur approach with me? I'm sure u picked up smthing from that experience, and I'm curious.

@Crossbell
selfvoting in rvs. hmm..
anyways, I like the incentive in this setup. def want to unlock abilities xD

Off the top of my head, I only really remember Shad's FF game. And I remember I felt like something was off about you - you seemed very defensive, aggressive even at times.
But I don't feel confident about my meta read on you. We haven't played enough games together yet. :3

And no, it doesn't affect my approach, I'll just observe you like everyone else~

Feb 12, 2018 12:48 PM

Jan 2016
I am not confirmed town.

Town, yes, but I am not an IC.
Feb 12, 2018 12:52 PM

May 2014
Togs said:
Here’s how it works. In addition to any normal abilities they may have, each role has
a hidden ability as well. Additionally, each player has a chance to receive a 🌹 Rose
From Crossbell 🌹, which will unlock their hidden ability ! The mechanics of how
roses are given out will be hidden until the end of the game (love works in mysterious
ways after all), but in general, exhibiting behavior that Crossbell would consider
good mafia play will be of help.
This may include strategies such as: being active,
working as a team, pushing cases, etc. If you’d like to read more, check out the
links below, all of them highly recommended reads.

Ok, now that I'm re-reading this it does seem like it's not actually Crossbell giving away roses. x)

@Crossbell - can you clarify
No roses from you directly?

( At first I didn't even realize you're a player yourself, I thought you were co-hosting or something :D Then I saw the vote count..)

Feb 12, 2018 12:53 PM

Jan 2016
No roses. I am a player in this game.

Togs will be the one giving them out I assume?
Feb 12, 2018 12:55 PM

May 2014
@ScarletCelestial
How do you feel about voting on day 1?

Ruu said:
coromandel said:

If I have to..
- you
- Penta
- Labs

...for the most part.

Like in every other mafia game, they'll need to blend in with the town, so to some extent they'll have to pretend they're town and follow Crossbell's strategies. Whether they'll try hard to win Crossbell's roses, who knows.

How do you think they're gonna help us?

Phraze said:
Ruu said:

What makes you think that?

Feb 12, 2018 12:58 PM

Oct 2011
coromandel said:
Togs said:
Here’s how it works. In addition to any normal abilities they may have, each role has
a hidden ability as well. Additionally, each player has a chance to receive a 🌹 Rose
From Crossbell 🌹, which will unlock their hidden ability ! The mechanics of how
roses are given out will be hidden until the end of the game (love works in mysterious
ways after all), but in general, exhibiting behavior that Crossbell would consider
good mafia play will be of help.
This may include strategies such as: being active,
working as a team, pushing cases, etc. If you’d like to read more, check out the
links below, all of them highly recommended reads.

Ok, now that I'm re-reading this it does seem like it's not actually Crossbell giving away roses. x)

( At first I didn't even realize you're a player yourself, I thought you were co-hosting or something :D Then I saw the vote count..)
my thoughts:
Phraze said:
lol. I imagine Cross got named as bach since it flavorfully fits with the mountain of advice he usually gives about maf games. hence, selfexplanatory NAI

coromandel said:
Phraze said:
@coromandel

Off the top of my head, I only really remember Shad's FF game. And I remember I felt like something was off about you - you seemed very defensive, aggressive even at times.
But I don't feel confident about my meta read on you. We haven't played enough games together yet. :3

And no, it doesn't affect my approach, I'll just observe you like everyone else~
I remember Clow Cards and Nanatsu too. Shad's game is a beginner's impression, so I'm not sure if that counts. (maybe if u want some personality meta then yeah)

interesting to know I guess. others usually get wary after seeing my non-town games.

Feb 12, 2018 1:07 PM

May 2014
Phraze said:
coromandel said:

my thoughts:
Phraze said:

coromandel said:

I remember Clow Cards and Nanatsu too. Shad's game is a beginner's impression, so I'm not sure if that counts. (maybe if u want some personality meta then yeah)

interesting to know I guess. others usually get wary after seeing my non-town games.

I don't remember those 2 very well. ^^'
I think it has to do with how few games I've played last year.

The people I've listed, they've all been around for quite a while, especially Penta and Labs. I've played countless of games with them, and only a handful with you.

Feb 12, 2018 1:09 PM

Nov 2015
Announcement

Just want to clear some things up, I didn’t anticipate this as a source of confusion and it seems you guys have all got it by now but I want to be on the safe side.

This game’s flavor is based on Crossbell, but Crossbell is also a player in the game. So there are two distinct Crossbellian entities here, flavor-Crossbell and real-Crossbell. Flavor-Crossbell is the one who hands out roses, which is based on hidden game mechanics, whereas the real Crossbell is the guy with “noob” as an avatar.

Hope that makes everything clear ! Carry on and have a good game.
Feb 12, 2018 1:09 PM

Dec 2016
@coromandel
ScarletCelestial
How do you feel about voting on day 1?

I don't believe in no lynches. Even if it results in a Townie being lynched, we as a unit still garner information from it. I've made tables to do with vote counts for a few of my games (Call of Duty here, Lost Wolf over at MU) and in both I have found potential lynches in both. (Virtuoso's: Manti was scum, but I got shot, CoD: one of osie, Wisp and ash. Thought osie was the scummiest and was correct.)

No lynches on the other hand may let Town live an extra Day, but that's only in some instances and without a lynch occurring Day 1 there is less information available to Town.
Feb 12, 2018 1:25 PM

Oct 2011
coromandel said:
Phraze said:
my thoughts:

I don't remember those 2 very well. ^^'
I think it has to do with how few games I've played last year.

The people I've listed, they've all been around for quite a while, especially Penta and Labs. I've played countless of games with them, and only a handful with you.
guess I remember since they were wacky setups. true tho, dont have a strong impression of ur meta yet. but, figuring u out shouldnt be too hard.

and lol at the vocab of Crossbellian in annoucements

Feb 12, 2018 1:56 PM

May 2015
Phraze said:
Ruu said:

lol tbh I don't think it has to do with alignment. Town and scum can want the same thing, it's better to have as many interactions as possible to get reads and start trains to gather info... anything that can help us find mafia.Moving from rvs sooner rather than later is better for town imo.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (26) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.