Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2018 7:43 AM

Aug 2012
EGOIST said:
Mario_Isla said:
Is curious, this is better than guilty crown (but still bad) and guilty crown has good score.
better in sound,art, directing and overall quality as a whole. This is just going nowhere... both are shit in their own right

But the story of guilty crown is trash, use biological concepts without sense, beatless for now have more sense that GC
Feb 17, 2018 7:44 AM

Oct 2015
Mario_Isla said:
EGOIST said:
better in sound,art, directing and overall quality as a whole. This is just going nowhere... both are shit in their own right

But the story of guilty crown is trash, use biological concepts without sense, beatless for now have more sense that GC
we'll see soon enough.
Feb 17, 2018 7:47 AM

Aug 2012
EGOIST said:
Mario_Isla said:

we'll see soon enough.

Yep, I've read the novel of this dear fanboy, and the story of beatless is better, the problem of the anime are the sister fillers, scene fillers, etc...
Feb 17, 2018 7:50 AM

Oct 2015
Mario_Isla said:
EGOIST said:
we'll see soon enough.

Yep, I've read the novel of this dear fanboy, and the story of beatless is better, the problem of the anime are the sister fillers, scene fillers, etc...
i hope so. It's really not even reaching my average expectations until now. I hope it will.
Feb 17, 2018 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
The rating is nothing special, and so is the anime therefore it's pretty fitting imo
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Feb 17, 2018 8:08 AM
Aug 2016
It's a terrible anime, therefore, it has a low average score. I don't know why you are surprised by that.
Feb 17, 2018 10:45 AM
Dec 2011
Mario_Isla said:
EGOIST said:
we'll see soon enough.

The "fillers" you talking about is from novel though.
Sure soon this SoL-type scenes will be gone when the story keep going, but it's not like anime created some original scenes about sisters etc.
Feb 17, 2018 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
D-Joe said:
Mario_Isla said:

Sure soon this SoL-type scenes will be gone when the story keep going, but it's not like anime created some original scenes about sisters etc.
D-Joe said:
Mario_Isla said:

The anime created that scenes, for example before call the police in the 1 ep, in the novel the sisters doest appear.
Feb 18, 2018 3:20 AM
Dec 2011
Mario_Isla said:
D-Joe said:

D-Joe said:

The anime created that scenes, for example before call the police in the 1 ep, in the novel the sisters doest appear.

I do think that part is introduction, not filler.
In fact the actual "sister filler" part are in both novel and anime.
Feb 18, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2012
U1111 said:
Well, let's see:

• The whole premise appears ripped off from Clockwork Planet.

• There are some somewhat good parts, but a large chunk of it appears to be ripped off from Eve no Jikan (an excelent art show about robots and stuff). Some stuff is decent futurism even, and occasionally it even matters and it's done surprisingly well, which I can appreciate, but doesn't make the show.

• On the other hand, the show operates on anime logic going through the plot on the basis of clichés as often as not... correction, more often.

• The little sister is (for all her genki-ness) a very bland ripoff of Kamiigusa Misaki from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

• It's hard for me to even mention the MC because he's just plain generic, at least he's not infuriating like Naoto from Clockwork Planet.

• The red haired tsundere doesn't really make much sense in anything she does, and the weird group of robots she's a part of looks like a type of generic annoyance that has ruined several shows for me.

• Yes, the studio wasn't very promising, given their track record, and how many of their shows grace my drop list.

• It's only good as brainless entertainment, maybe...

Beatless came out in 2011
Clockwork came out in 2013
Feb 18, 2018 1:04 PM

Mar 2016
pao13071 said:
U1111 said:
Well, let's see:

• The whole premise appears ripped off from Clockwork Planet.

• There are some somewhat good parts, but a large chunk of it appears to be ripped off from Eve no Jikan (an excelent art show about robots and stuff). Some stuff is decent futurism even, and occasionally it even matters and it's done surprisingly well, which I can appreciate, but doesn't make the show.

• On the other hand, the show operates on anime logic going through the plot on the basis of clichés as often as not... correction, more often.

• The little sister is (for all her genki-ness) a very bland ripoff of Kamiigusa Misaki from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

• It's hard for me to even mention the MC because he's just plain generic, at least he's not infuriating like Naoto from Clockwork Planet.

• The red haired tsundere doesn't really make much sense in anything she does, and the weird group of robots she's a part of looks like a type of generic annoyance that has ruined several shows for me.

• Yes, the studio wasn't very promising, given their track record, and how many of their shows grace my drop list.

• It's only good as brainless entertainment, maybe...

Beatless came out in 2011
Clockwork came out in 2013

Well, if it inspired Clockwork Planet, that's not exactly a point in it's favor...

Also, I really don't care about this enough to check this.
Feb 18, 2018 1:27 PM

Aug 2012
D-Joe said:
Mario_Isla said:

Iam pretty sure that the sisters scenes are anime original.
Feb 18, 2018 3:27 PM

Aug 2012
This is the next Guilty Crown!!
Feb 19, 2018 12:31 PM

Mar 2012
This series deserves a low average score at this point. The plot has barely advanced. Characters still have no depth. Director/producer probably doesn't even watch each episode to understand how inadequate the narration is. Even if this was a 2-cour, there is much better use of screentime that can be found. Scenes involving Yuka straight up convey no value. Spending an entire episode on modeling was also questionable at best. Having a recap episode after 5 episodes in a two-cour also screams incompetence and tone-deafness.

I think without Lecia and Redjuice this series probably would've been dropped by most people a long time ago. I personally am getting flashbacks to Guilty Crown and at least GC did fine for the first half.
Feb 19, 2018 4:41 PM
Jan 2018
I haven't read the original light novel or read/watched Guilty Crown so not trying to make such comparisons.
I agree that the pace is sort of slow but I do think it has potential to lead to something. Steins Gate also had a pretty slow opening but ended amazing.
Also, some of the character designs up till now leave something to be desired, but I do find the discussion so far on the relationship between humans and AI interesting. Kind of wondering how no one actually brought that up.
Feb 19, 2018 5:15 PM
Jan 2009
Because the show is bad.

The animation and art look like shit and the premise is dumb and the characters are all cookie cutter LN cliches.

It should be lower.
Feb 19, 2018 8:07 PM

Feb 2015
pao13071 said:
So the anime only has 3 episodes and it only has a 6.67 average score.
Why are people scoring this just by 2-3 episodes? It seems promising and we haven't' seen anything yet. This isn't coming from a fanboy just from someone who finds it highly illogical to trash this anime from 2 episodes and rate others with a 9 or a 10 by the same number of episodes.

Because it's fucking garbage.

It's done nothing to distinguish itself. It's poorly written, the science of the science fiction is mostly total bullshit, the plot and characters are poorly written, generic and have zero memorability.

It also doesn't do anything particularly well. It's not bad or wrong to be cliche or generic, but if you do it poorly it sure is. EG. Kurisu : Good Tsundere, Kirino : BAD.

While theoretically it could certainly get better, it ain't fucking likely. It could end a 10 / 10 but since it started a 2 / 10 it won't be a 10 / 10. It'd be a Ferrari without brakes. A very pretty, expensive, piece of shit.

Also, 3 episodes is more than enough to give a rough score. While I don't personally rate anime before it's ATLEAST half done, 1/8 or 1/4 as I'm writing this, is more than enough to give a generally guess to what it'll end up. Reviews I will agree are way to premature. Reviews should be written either after it's over or after (in the event of manga / ln) 3 or 4 months
Feb 19, 2018 10:15 PM
Dec 2011
Mario_Isla said:
D-Joe said:

Iam pretty sure that the sisters scenes are anime original.

Yes but i don't think that's filler part though, for later part you can say that's filler, but that's also included in novel.
Feb 20, 2018 8:18 PM

Mar 2008
At least Guilty Crown kept me in it for 75% of the show. This looks like it will be my fastest drop since Endride.
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Feb 21, 2018 2:45 PM

Jun 2014
Low? I don't know how can it be this high. It's trash.
Feb 23, 2018 10:32 AM
Aug 2016
I rate it based on my current experience and so far it's only worth a 3 imo. Again if series does get better i will give it higher but for now I don't see why I should give it high score bcz it's just airing when I mostly forget to rate altogether
Feb 23, 2018 11:13 AM

Sep 2016
It's wasted potential. It couldn't decide itself what it's purpose was. If my views per episode weren't enough or you didn't see them, I'll summarise here. Beatless doesn't have any aim. What it's trying to accomplish is something I can't figure out and Diomedea can't either.

First ep was promising, I rated it a 7, but sitting at a weak 5 now proves that the 6.64 average is too high. It's riddled with cliches and plot holes. Pos typical MC picks up girl in the midst of a massacre after witnessing his teacher's death and seeming so cool about it. Then suddenly they went the Aikatsu route, then the dreaded onee-sama fetish by that idiot redhead who's name I already forgot, Kouka was it? A useless sister who can't do anything but eat and act cutesy? That's what I can remember. Want more? Here's what I said after episodes 3, 4 and 5.

Episode 3: Whatever few bits of potential this anime had that it could have been was crushed by this episode. Such a cliched MC and that "oneesama" girl has really got to f*cking go...

Like what the hell, the "5 minutes of me seducing you" scene was the first disgust I had with this episode. Then the cliched perv guy, and once again don't get me started on that Yuka girl or whatever the hell she is seriously pissed me off. First episode was suspense, second episode became Aikatasu the Robot Romance and this third episode is Cliche 100... Totally don't like where this is going. Since I already hate another anime (Karakai Jouzo no Takagi san) I'll force myself through this till maybe the next few episodes if it gets shit. Really hoping this doesn't turn out to be another "So I can't play H" because I'm already shocked at the lack of good shows this season...

Episode 4: After a losing streak of three episodes finally it didn't go worse than the last episode, although to be exact this episode was pretty lame in it's own sense. Really tired of this drama going on. Never thought it could go so bad since the first episode gave me an idea that the show would be decent. But this is beyond insane. To think I made a commitment with myself to complete this show...

Episode 5: Each of the previous episodes made me rate it 1 point lower so I'm glad it stuck at 5 from last time. 

Also, that end preview was... wierd. And are we getting a recap episode next?

Episode 6: A recap episode. What the literal **ck is wrong with Diomedea. Thanks to the studio for reminding me the hell I endured in these 5 episodes. A big thank you. A shitty series of episodes weren't enough and they pulled this gun. Does the show want me to hate it or something???

So that's how these episodes played out. I doubt it'll get better from there. Somewhere down it did get a tiny tiny bit better, just a tiny tiny bit, but then they played the recap episode gun.

Let's see how the next episodes go. More like how low can the next episodes go... I am generally a positive person but unfortunately I can't find anything from this typical Shounen filth, and I'm not even hating, I gave the show a 7 due to the first episode. I want to love Beatless, but Beatless doesn't want me to love it. What else can I do?
Feb 23, 2018 4:54 PM

Jun 2012
It's has a pretty average score imo. Most shows are usually in the 6-7 range and the first few episodes were pretty boring to be fair. Almost dropped the series myself. It's been picking up the last few episodes though.
Feb 23, 2018 9:39 PM

Aug 2012
Yasaal said:
It's wasted potential. It couldn't decide itself what it's purpose was. If my views per episode weren't enough or you didn't see them, I'll summarise here. Beatless doesn't have any aim. What it's trying to accomplish is something I can't figure out and Diomedea can't either.

First ep was promising, I rated it a 7, but sitting at a weak 5 now proves that the 6.64 average is too high. It's riddled with cliches and plot holes. Pos typical MC picks up girl in the midst of a massacre after witnessing his teacher's death and seeming so cool about it. Then suddenly they went the Aikatsu route, then the dreaded onee-sama fetish by that idiot redhead who's name I already forgot, Kouka was it? A useless sister who can't do anything but eat and act cutesy? That's what I can remember. Want more? Here's what I said after episodes 3, 4 and 5.

Episode 3: Whatever few bits of potential this anime had that it could have been was crushed by this episode. Such a cliched MC and that "oneesama" girl has really got to f*cking go...

Like what the hell, the "5 minutes of me seducing you" scene was the first disgust I had with this episode. Then the cliched perv guy, and once again don't get me started on that Yuka girl or whatever the hell she is seriously pissed me off. First episode was suspense, second episode became Aikatasu the Robot Romance and this third episode is Cliche 100... Totally don't like where this is going. Since I already hate another anime (Karakai Jouzo no Takagi san) I'll force myself through this till maybe the next few episodes if it gets shit. Really hoping this doesn't turn out to be another "So I can't play H" because I'm already shocked at the lack of good shows this season...

Episode 4: After a losing streak of three episodes finally it didn't go worse than the last episode, although to be exact this episode was pretty lame in it's own sense. Really tired of this drama going on. Never thought it could go so bad since the first episode gave me an idea that the show would be decent. But this is beyond insane. To think I made a commitment with myself to complete this show...

Episode 5: Each of the previous episodes made me rate it 1 point lower so I'm glad it stuck at 5 from last time. 

Also, that end preview was... wierd. And are we getting a recap episode next?

Episode 6: A recap episode. What the literal **ck is wrong with Diomedea. Thanks to the studio for reminding me the hell I endured in these 5 episodes. A big thank you. A shitty series of episodes weren't enough and they pulled this gun. Does the show want me to hate it or something???

So that's how these episodes played out. I doubt it'll get better from there. Somewhere down it did get a tiny tiny bit better, just a tiny tiny bit, but then they played the recap episode gun.

Let's see how the next episodes go. More like how low can the next episodes go... I am generally a positive person but unfortunately I can't find anything from this typical Shounen filth, and I'm not even hating, I gave the show a 7 due to the first episode. I want to love Beatless, but Beatless doesn't want me to love it. What else can I do?

The ep 6 not is the recap, the recap is more like 5.5. Probably the studio need time
Feb 23, 2018 9:44 PM

Oct 2014
This may be difficult to grasp, but bear with me here. Shitty studios make shitty anime.
Feb 23, 2018 10:22 PM

Sep 2016
Alright what about the rest of what I said? @Mario_Isla
Feb 23, 2018 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
Yasaal said:
Alright what about the rest of what I said? @Mario_Isla

Sadly yes, I really want that this anime was good, but it's pretty bad. I hate the sister, I hate the fashion scenes and the story is so slow, I am not put score yet, but probably will be like 3-5.

This is the only time that diomedea made a 2 cour anime, when with 1 cour is fine
Feb 23, 2018 10:33 PM

Feb 2018
I can't say for anybody else, but for me, this is just "okay"... This is neither good to get me hooked on, nor very bad to drop it....

I think, I will continue watching it....

And as for trash-talking, I neither do trash talking, nor approve of anyone, who do such things, after watching just 2-3 episodes....

I understand that not every anime is made for everyone, but thrashing animes like, the makers committed some crime by making that anime is outright dumb, and also senseless...
Feb 24, 2018 4:43 AM
Jun 2017
this show is really boring
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

12 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 19 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

5 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 18 Discussion

8 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 17 Discussion

4 by SWtaervdesn »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by bakakisima »»
Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.