Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2017 10:21 AM

Apr 2016
So essentially I have watched a lot of anime where the villains strive towards "darkness", throwing the world into chaos so they can enjoy the "evilness" because they are evil-loving evil doers.

As we know from the real world, this kind of a motivation is a load of crap, there have never been any organizations capable of controlling anything, that said they want to promote evil and chaos, usually this is their actual effect due to some other motivations (like greed) while they pretend to promote peace and order.

So, which anime do you think has the most realistic villain in terms of motivations? Someone who ultimately believes they are doing the good thing and promoting their ideology as such, while it's maybe kinda obvious they're in the wrong?

I have watched a lot of anime like this but I can't think of many off the top of my head, so can someone give me some suggestions?
Dec 3, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
Dunno about 'the most realistic', but I thought the one from Ajin was quite realistic. (The animation might trow you off, but the story is great.)

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Dec 3, 2017 11:35 AM

Apr 2016
soksansokulmaz said:
Ever heard of Illuminati? Or Rockefeller?

So you quoted me in a way to make it seem that i said that "here have never been any organizations capable of controlling anything", by omitting the part where I further specify what I mean, and then tried to spread your conspiracy cancer. I seriously hope people like you die a slow and painful death.

Dunno about 'the most realistic', but I thought the one from Ajin was quite realistic. (The animation might trow you off, but the story is great.)
Re

I don't mind CGI if it isn't completely jarring (a la unwatchable crap like Berserk or Handshakers), from what I have seen, Ajin seems to be pretty well done. I didn't know what kinda plot it had, but I guess now I move it up on my PTW list.
Dec 3, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2017
FurMetarArkemist said:
soksansokulmaz said:

So you quoted me in a way to make it seem that i said that "here have never been any organizations capable of controlling anything", by omitting the part where I further specify what I mean, and then tried to spread your conspiracy cancer. I seriously hope people like you die a slow and painful death.

Re

I don't mind CGI if it isn't completely jarring (a la unwatchable crap like Berserk or Handshakers), from what I have seen, Ajin seems to be pretty well done. I didn't know what kinda plot it had, but I guess now I move it up on my PTW list.

It's a well-written story. The whole thing is well-done. There's some thinking material here and there too, about morality and survival. Not aimed towards teenagers for sure, they'd find it boring.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Dec 3, 2017 6:11 PM

May 2012
Since your list is private, I don't know if you've watched Monster, but that might qualify.
Dec 3, 2017 6:24 PM

Mar 2016
IDK bruh but villains are either EVIL or a family member is dying. you cant really ask for "Realism" in a world where asians are WHITE and BLACKS dont EXIST.
Dec 3, 2017 6:27 PM

Mar 2016
SeijiSensei said:
Since your list is private, I don't know if you've watched Monster, but that might qualify.

Nah Bruh. Villain in monster had QUITE LITERALLY no real motive
Dec 3, 2017 6:42 PM

Apr 2014
91 days~ more of an anti-hero
Dec 3, 2017 7:28 PM
Berserkfan69

May 2017
FurMetarArkemist said:
soksansokulmaz said:

I seriously hope people like you die a slow and painful death.

Tone it down a notch bro
Dec 3, 2017 8:52 PM

Feb 2017
i think

-death note

Dec 3, 2017 9:33 PM

Jun 2011
List is private so I will just make a list:

Oniisama e:
Girls are in a rush for popularity.

Evangelion:
Everyone just wants to quell their own loneliness their own way. Government conspiracy. From Gendo to yourself. The villain is realistic. But I would say Gendo is one of the best written characters in anime history.

Rose of Versailles: About rising the ranks of royal court of popular opinion in the french revolution. romance and drama and well titanic sinks duh. (obviously a fantasized version of events)

In the not so evil section with real good motives is like

Naraku from Inuyasha. Most villains have their reasons in Inuyasha. Mostly just wanting power. But Naraku is more complicated.

Vegeta from DBZ (though most villains are shit in that show lol)

The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 4, 2017 2:19 AM

Apr 2016
I just realized my list was on friends only setting. Should be public now. Anyways.

Monster - I didn't actually find the villain himself that interesting, he was just an insane person. The series is still great but not because the villain has a great and interesting motivation, but more because it's surreal and realistic at the same time.

I heard 91 days is good, and I still need to watch it, but I don't really like the aesthetic that 91 days, baccano and durarara share.

Evangellion had no real villain.

Rose of Versailles look too shoujo for my tastes but I will check it out anyways.

DBZ, InuYasha, etc: I don't watch long running shounen for a good reason so I don't really care.

Oniisama e... seems to be worth checking out and it's already on my ptw list.

Death Note is 3edgy5me, even if you think his megalomaniacal perspective is realistic, it's still cartoony to the core. The show was kinda fun to watch anyways tho.
Dec 4, 2017 3:14 AM

Jun 2011
FurMetarArkemist said:
I just realized my list was on friends only setting. Should be public now. Anyways.

Monster - I didn't actually find the villain himself that interesting, he was just an insane person. The series is still great but not because the villain has a great and interesting motivation, but more because it's surreal and realistic at the same time.

I heard 91 days is good, and I still need to watch it, but I don't really like the aesthetic that 91 days, baccano and durarara share.

Rose of Versailles look too shoujo for my tastes but I will check it out anyways.

DBZ, InuYasha, etc: I don't watch long running shounen for a good reason so I don't really care.

Death Note is 3edgy5me, even if you think his megalomaniacal perspective is realistic, it's still cartoony to the core. The show was kinda fun to watch anyways tho.

If you think Eva had no villain then you will think the same of Vesailles and oniisama e. To have a villain is kinda not realistic?

When your fave Disney movie is Bambi... The villian is someone hunting unethically do to hunger.
Dec 4, 2017 3:20 AM

Apr 2016
Energetic-Nova said:
FurMetarArkemist said:

If you think Eva had no villain then you will think the same of Vesailles and oniisama e. To have a villain is kinda not realistic?

When your fave Disney movie is Bambi... The villian is someone hunting unethically do to hunger.

There are so many ways to interpret eva that you could say people are villains to themselves, gendo is the villain, or that angels are the villains, or even shinji.

In my opinion there's no real villain in eva.
Dec 4, 2017 3:56 AM

Jun 2011
FurMetarArkemist said:
Energetic-Nova said:

There are so many ways to interpret eva that you could say people are villains to themselves, gendo is the villain, or that angels are the villains, or even shinji.

In my opinion there's no real villain in eva.
Well mangaverse, government/gendo is the villain. As well as Kaworu. Shinji's emotional stability and ability to handle the truth or even seen it... Also one. Kaji more heroic. Anime: Everyone is thier own worst enemy. Loneliness is the villian in Evangelion consistently.
Dec 4, 2017 4:43 AM

Jan 2017
"Someone who ultimately believes they are doing the good thing and promoting their ideology as such, while it's maybe kinda obvious they're in the wrong?"
Makishima Shogo - Psycho Pass
Squeeler - Shinsekai Yori
Gouda Kazundo - Ghost in The Shell Standalone Complex
Proxy one - Ergo Proxy
Wrath and Kimblee - FMA:B
Griffith - Berserk.
Kazuho Yoshii - texhnolyze

i can name more but i don't remember anything right now because i'm tired AF.
nice forum avatar btw

Dec 4, 2017 4:50 AM

Dec 2017
Stain from My Hero Academia makes you really question if hes right or wrong. Right now he is my favorite villain due to his morals and beliefs making you really think twice about the MHA Universe
Dec 4, 2017 4:51 AM

Mar 2016
Hunter x Hunter - Fucking Gon
ah fuck I thought this is an anime discussion thread
Yowamushi Pedal
Made in Abyss Season 2 - It's Hisoka, Orichimaru and Lordgenome Combined
youseikiDec 4, 2017 5:05 AM
Dec 17, 2017 10:19 AM

Apr 2017
Johan liebert is the perfectest and the bestest villain in my opinion.

He's smart and interesting.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Dec 17, 2017 10:33 AM

May 2017
Toriye said:
SeijiSensei said:

Nah Bruh. Villain in monster had QUITE LITERALLY no real motive

he had motive. he just didnt have much of character
i am shitposter. dont take me seriously.
Dec 17, 2017 10:34 AM

May 2017
FurMetarArkemist said:
So essentially I have watched a lot of anime where the villains strive towards "darkness", throwing the world into chaos so they can enjoy the "evilness" because they are evil-loving evil doers.

As we know from the real world, this kind of a motivation is a load of crap, there have never been any organizations capable of controlling anything, that said they want to promote evil and chaos, usually this is their actual effect due to some other motivations (like greed) while they pretend to promote peace and order.

So, which anime do you think has the most realistic villain in terms of motivations? Someone who ultimately believes they are doing the good thing and promoting their ideology as such, while it's maybe kinda obvious they're in the wrong?

I have watched a lot of anime like this but I can't think of many off the top of my head, so can someone give me some suggestions?

kira from jojo. he is realistic. his motives is to stay away from troubles and have happy life
i am shitposter. dont take me seriously.

More topics from this board

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - Yesterday

4 by Lucifrost »»
22 minutes ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - Yesterday

7 by mo_lave »»
1 hour ago

» Drama/sentimental anime

xSamdavidx - Yesterday

7 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» Best horror anime?

Matteye - Apr 27

22 by mayoiko »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Romances As Amazing As Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - May 2

3 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Yesterday, 10:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.