Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2017 1:27 PM

Jun 2016
Recommend me one episode that will help me decide whether I love or hate the series. Go!
Dec 2, 2017 2:18 PM

Feb 2017
RapeHorse said:
Recommend me one episode that will help me decide whether I love or hate the series. Go!

@pgmhecateii this is all you!!!

How many people you killed, or how many you let live, it doesn't matter to me. You people incurred my wrath... That's reason enough, for you to meet your demise. -Shiba,Tatsuya
Dec 2, 2017 2:21 PM

Nov 2016
Watch some episodes and Decide for Yourself m8
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2017 2:27 PM

Jun 2016
-KaneKo- said:

I watched the first 20 episodes and wasn't impressed, but I heard the later episodes are much better.
Dec 2, 2017 2:31 PM

Oct 2016
Benizakura arc really got me! Shit got real in that arc
Dec 2, 2017 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
Episode 273 about hijikata getting a lottery ticket, it showcases the show at its best with when it has escalating absurdity and comedic twists with very little prior knowledge needed to get anything, in fact if im not mistaken the episode only has like 2 or 3 characters actually appear which is alot less than usual.

its also episode 8 of this season if for some reason you cant find it
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28977/Gintama°

-KaneKo- said:
that'd be a good thing if gintama's start wasnt so shitty

RapeHorse said:
-KaneKo- said:

I watched the first 20 episodes and wasn't impressed, but I heard the later episodes are much better.
if its any consolation, 20 episodes in is where the show starts to get alot better from there on out, still off at places but theres loads more expirimentation and finding what it does right and theres definitely a few episodes that hold up. The benizakura arc and onwards is where the show actually gets great. not just cause of the its addition of serious arcs sprinkles about but just cause it really hits its stride comedy wise and using its cast.
JizzyHitlerDec 2, 2017 3:02 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 2, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2015
Watch the Yagyu Arc.
Dec 3, 2017 2:44 PM

Dec 2015
Hehe... When I saw Human Snowboard ep 237 and 238 I laugh so much so started to cry xD
Dec 3, 2017 2:58 PM

Sep 2015
Well I would say start with Episode 3.
First 2 are a special and a bad start.
Don´t decide by some episodes which are later on. In my opinion this isn´t good.
Even if Gintama starts average or bad for many people. Doesn´t matter I always would recommend to start Gintama at the Start.
May watch the first ones slowly. And then when it gets better and better you can focus more on Gintama.

Otherwise you will miss Feelings, development, the Story and Plot and much more.
That´s why I say start with the Beginning in Episode 3.
And don´t spoil yourself with Stuff which is happening later on.
Just keep in my mind it will be better.

If you really need some good thing then watch Gintama AMVs.
If it is really needed. Some who aren´t too plot relevant or spoiling too much. And just motivate you to reach that point.

That´s all I can say.
And if you want good AMVS who aren´t spoiling too much then I can give you a lot.
Dec 9, 2017 4:21 PM

Nov 2017
Well I'd rather you start from the beginning.
I know it will take some time before getting used to it's Episodic Structure.

Once you're over that, you won't find any anime that can do comedy better than Gintama.

You will get into some very serious arcs with incredible action scenes that will make any other anime.- ........looks like...sh---t.

However, Gintama always takes at least 20 episodes of watching before you can REALLY enjoy it. It's the greatest.
Dec 10, 2017 11:23 PM
Jan 2017
Why... just start from the beginning its all gold. Tip don't let the first 2 episodes stop you from watching the real introduction starts from episode 3

More topics from this board

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

10 by Skuletor »»
1 hour ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

2 by isseixkoneko »»
1 hour ago

» Movies

BitChilly - Yesterday

10 by TheSunLife »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 10 hours ago

4 by Chisuku »»
3 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.