Forum Settings
Forums

How do you feel about horoscopes/zodiac signs and people who take them too seriously?

New
Nov 17, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2012
While I understand the fun they get out of them with the daily/weekly/monthly predictions and whatnot, some people take this stuff way too seriously. One of the biggest red flags for me has to be when they judge others based on their zodiac signs. For example, there's this one girl in my class who's eloquent, well read and generally seems very smart, yet constantly thinks she knows everything about everyone based on their signs alone. "Oh, she's a Scorpio? No wonder we don't get along" and "I'm a Capricorn, which means I'm very responsible" - the kind of garbage she often says.

How do you feel about people like this? How do you feel about horoscopes/zodiac signs in general? Share your experiences!

Also, please no Virgo shaming in the thread.
Nov 17, 2017 10:47 AM
Jul 2018
I find to be strange people which I don’t really understand.
Nov 17, 2017 10:52 AM

Jul 2016
Horoscopes are fake. Compatibility is real.

I bet you only know about the Sun placement of the birth chart, but you can be Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, etc. in other areas.
Nov 17, 2017 11:02 AM

Nov 2012
IpreferEcchi said:
I bet you only know about the Sun placement of the birth chart, but you can be Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, etc. in other areas.

You got me there, I guess? Again, I do admit that I'm not very knowledgeable when these things are concerned, since I find it all rather silly.

WyNdZ said:
This thread is cancer just like OP's sign.

Ayyy, I do get that a lot though.
Nov 17, 2017 11:07 AM

Jul 2016
I have Taurus Moon, Leo Mars, and Capricorn Venus for example.

Did you know that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton also have Leo Mars?
IpreferEcchiNov 17, 2017 11:22 AM
Nov 17, 2017 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
this shits way too real and as an aquarius i feel offended cuz noone wants to fuck with me. like legit, i had 3 girls in my class that had bigger moustaches than mine and they constantly avoided me but all i wanted was their ass :(
Nov 17, 2017 3:31 PM

Dec 2015
They can be accurate in my experience, I was even obsessed with them during middle school, but I never went so far as to trust daily horoscopes and shit like that, it was too much for me even back then.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 17, 2017 3:49 PM

Apr 2015
Don't really have an opinion because I haven't met anyone who takes them seriously.
Nov 17, 2017 3:50 PM
Aug 2016
I think that they're okayish, but people obsessed with them are just plain stupid.
Nov 17, 2017 5:24 PM

Mar 2016
i'm a cancer so i think it describes me perfectly.
Nov 17, 2017 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
enjoy looking at them for fun, is that bad?
also, i am annoyingly leo sometimes personality wise, and my family entirely consists of geminis. nobody can get elbow room to talk in conversation, it's a string of constant personality and interruption.
Nov 17, 2017 6:38 PM
Jul 2018
I think I only like reading Astrology simply for fun. I don't go by everything it says. I like to use logic to figure out problems and day to day life. I'm an Aquarius and I fit a few of the qualities if that. Nobody should take it too seriously. Everyone is different in their own way. Following horoscopes is simply a joke but it can be fun to read every once in awhile for fun like I said above.

Just don't let it control your whole way of living.
Nov 17, 2017 6:47 PM

Mar 2008
Horoscopes aren't real astrology. Real astrology is natal charts and transits. It's not just the sun sign but the house it's in. It's not just the sun but all or at least most planets and sometimes other celestial bodies. It's not just the signs but the planets rulers and aspects between their position. There are two main schools of astrology Western known as Tropical and there is the Indian which is jyotish or as a misnomer vedic astrology. The two used to be one but a shift of stars from our perspective changed that. Jyotish is based on sidereal position as in actual planet and sign position and Tropical uses cycles that start with the vernal equinox so it's a little nore seasonal based.
Nov 18, 2017 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
Well they are bullshit, but some people actually believe them.
So they're comparable to religion.
Nov 18, 2017 7:54 AM

Mar 2016
CrimsonLad said:
While I understand the fun they get out of them with the daily/weekly/monthly predictions and whatnot, some people take this stuff way too seriously. One of the biggest red flags for me has to be when they judge others based on their zodiac signs. For example, there's this one girl in my class who's eloquent, well read and generally seems very smart, yet constantly thinks she knows everything about everyone based on their signs alone. "Oh, she's a Scorpio? No wonder we don't get along" and "I'm a Capricorn, which means I'm very responsible" - the kind of garbage she often says.

How do you feel about people like this? How do you feel about horoscopes/zodiac signs in general? Share your experiences!

Also, please no Virgo shaming in the thread.

I think horoscopes and zodiacs are really interesting. I remember when I had a crush on someone, I would look up our compatibility based on the zodiac. You obviously can't take it as 100% truth, but when you have so little to work with, it's better than nothing. I didnt talk to my crushes a lot. ^ ^'

This person you know, maybe you should tell her there's more to people than what you read on their zodiac signs. I personally agree a lot with my sign, but some people aren't like that. Some people are exact opposites of their star sign I'd wager!

It's all in jest though. It's not to be taken seriously :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 11:14 AM

Sep 2017
I dont really believe in them but this is probably better since horoscopes didnt get a cult yet.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Nov 18, 2017 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
It's not real, but I mean let them do whatever they want.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 18, 2017 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
I don't believe in such bullcrap anyway...it is a hoax to me IMO
Nov 18, 2017 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, superstitions are fun. I will admit that those little images on tumblr and what not can be somewhat intriguing when it includes your particular horoscope.

Taking them seriously is silly, though. I judge people who judge others based on horoscopes.
Nov 18, 2017 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
Horoscopes are usually fake, but astrology is very real, tried and true for many thousands of years. Keep in mind, people don't just have a Sun sign, they have a sign for every other "planet" too - the amount of configurations is enormous.

Sun signs are the most easily noticeable. Between myself and everyone I know well, we all match our Sun signs perfectly. Although automated descriptions can be iffy (mainly because they infer too much), you can check out your natal chart at sites such as the following:
https://cafeastrology.com/free-natal-chart-report.html
https://alabe.com/freechart/default.asp
Nov 18, 2017 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
@traed @Faederwulf
Thanks for reinforcing what I said using more words than me, yet not giving props to me or other third person...

We're the only three posters here that get it.
Nov 19, 2017 12:25 AM

Apr 2013
There's no other way around it, if you believe in astrology then you're not scientifically literate.
Nov 19, 2017 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
@traed @Faederwulf
Thanks for reinforcing what I said using more words than me, yet not giving props to me or other third person...

We're the only three posters here that get it.

It's a pity that people see fake horoscopes and then throw the baby out with the bath water. Astrology can be tested quite simply by reading a natal chart (of anyone you know well, including yourself assuming that is the case). In my house we have three Cancer's, a Scorpio, and a Sagittarius - these signs define the core personality traits people associate us with.
Nov 19, 2017 2:17 AM

Oct 2016
I don’t take zodiac seriously but if it says I’m pretty according to my sign well shit, that’s nothing but the truth.

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
43 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

27 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

42 by cyandaqil »»
2 hours ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

69 by neol3 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

63 by cyandaqil »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.