Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Time to change license plates.
Aug 15, 2018 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
This chapter ended too soon.
Apr 17, 2019 2:04 AM

Jul 2017
a great concept, an extended story would have been much better
Aug 18, 2022 3:57 PM

Jul 2017
I dind't enjoy this one that much, but it was still good.

What I've noticed in some of junji itos shortstories is that in the beginning the stories develope relatively slowly but the end feels rushed. This makes the end sadly kind of unsatisfying. This was also the case here.

But it was still a good story. I also loved the setting and the characters.
Aug 28, 2022 3:05 AM

Dec 2009
Not great but overall still interesting. Seeing the many ideas of Junji Itou is very entertaining.
I think my favorite was the first one, Blood-bubble Bushes, for how neck numbing it was by mentally feeling and imagining being attacked by blood suckers myself.
The infection of kissing a wound to turn someone's blood into sprouting blood fruits out of one's body is fascinating. Even creepier is the insane people who turn into blood suckers if they eat their own blood fruit.
As disturbing as it is, the blood fruit sprouting like a tree from the corpses of the villagers was oddly beautiful.

Monks mummifying themselves standing dead is cool, but without knowledge of what that means and the ending being anticlimactic, leaving us in mystery of what happened to the girls was disappointing.
I can't imagine them being hurt by the monks, so I assume they'd escape eventually.
The inherited spiritualist young male gaining the sword to reanimate and killing the wielder, undoing all of the reanimated dead was cool.
The sister ghost story was underwhelming, but strangely funny for the fact that she cursed her hater months after the hater cursed from suicide herself on the same date of two months ago. What's funny is imagining that they'll continue to hate each other as ghosts.
The apparent devil as a female, influencing teenagers to commit suicide was decent.

Finally, an alien somehow hosting several patients (four) like a parasite and controlling them in unison, and having multiplied tubes with a needle on the tip as a tongue to kill or host was entertaining. Action-wise, this and Sword of the Re-Animator were the most entertaining. 6/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Chi Tamaki Chapter 4 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 26, 2017

5 by Tsunamii_ »»
Oct 14, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Chi Tamaki Chapter 6 Discussion

3 by serialexperimets »»
Aug 18, 2022 3:35 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Chi Tamaki Chapter 5 Discussion

3 by serialexperimets »»
Aug 18, 2022 3:29 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Chi Tamaki Chapter 3 Discussion

2 by serialexperimets »»
Aug 18, 2022 11:02 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Chi Tamaki Chapter 2 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 25, 2017

3 by serialexperimets »»
Aug 18, 2022 10:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.