Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2017 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I was expecting a continuation from the previous chapter. Anyway I'm pretty sure now that model is the same character that showed up in Yami no Koe. Guess I'll have to give it a reread to check.
Aug 14, 2018 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
Well, the ending was a little anticlimactic. I really like Souichi stories, but I miss the short stories like the previous volumes. At least looks like they will come back in the next volume.
Apr 2, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2017
damn that cliffhanger, anyone knows where it continues?
Apr 17, 2019 2:15 AM

Jul 2017
FinNote said:
damn that cliffhanger, anyone knows where it continues?
Junji Ito stories don't continue lol
Aug 20, 2022 7:45 PM

Dec 2009
Entertaining contiuation to Souichi's story, included with this new monster model.
I was hoping for some character development from Souichi off the previous chapter (where he stops his ghost grandmother and twin-brother from killing Michina) which unfortunately didn't happen,
but it was nice to see a clearer sense to his childish attitude of wanting attention by "pranking" his siblings, keeping his grandpa alive as a corpse, and creating rumors of him to attract his classmates.

His voodoo techniques continue to be entertaining, especially with these new hallucinations he somehow creates.
Giant Spider in the bathroom terririzing a classmate. Still causing pain to the stomachs of people he envies. Burying one alive, asleep for days without dying, etc.

... I was surprised he was fearful of anything though with his entitled confidence of feeling superior and above everyone.
Against the man from the forest who threw an axe at him, his brother chasing him with a spider, and in the end being confronted by that hideous monster model who I'm almost sure he turned into a monster since first seeing her in a magazine.
Unless she truly is a model monster who eats humans. I doubt he died and am very curious how he'd kill it or at least defend himself and got away.

Interesting new character with an ability to feel his upcoming misfortune.
I did not expect the model to be a monster and eat two of the people in his group. Crazy. Still a lot of mystery of the unknown. Hopefully the next Souichi stories reveals what happens.
I especially care for some character development from Souichi with some kind of redemption to change and stop hurting others.

He's still not exactly a top favorite from Junji Itou's work but I'm now even more invested and continue to enjoy his story. 6/10.
I particular love the fact that as menacing and disturbed as he is, there's a subtle glaring issue to his character of being a problem child who is craving for attention.
As scary as the events can be with his insane voodoo work, there's a realistic aspect to the environment from the school, classmates, and his family. I really hope we get to see him evolve into a good person. Some kind of redemption where he gets saved from being a problem child. I surprisingly pity him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Souichi no Noroi Nikki Chapter 3 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 25, 2017

2 by mariposed »»
Mar 12, 2023 1:20 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Souichi no Noroi Nikki Chapter 2 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 16, 2016

4 by FinNote »»
Apr 17, 2019 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Souichi no Noroi Nikki Chapter 4 Discussion

1 by ViniSD »»
Aug 14, 2018 12:25 AM

Poll: » Ito Junji Kyoufu Manga Collection - Souichi no Noroi Nikki Chapter 1 Discussion

1 by ViniSD »»
Aug 13, 2018 10:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.