Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 11, 2017 3:27 AM

Aug 2015
I watch both subbed and dubbed anime, it depends on how I feel at the time. For example, if I were doing work or studying and I'd like to watch anime in the background then I'd watch dubbed as I can hear what they're saying without needing to read subtitles. But if I want to actually sit down and be completely immersed, then I'd go with subbed as you can honestly, understand and feel more emotion.
Oct 11, 2017 3:29 AM

Apr 2016
There is no such thing as Dub Or Sub, there is only Sub everything beyond that is wrong.
Oct 11, 2017 3:33 AM
Mar 2017
I watch whichever is better. If the dub isn’t very good and the sub is superior, I’ll go with the sub. However, if the dub is on par or better I’ll go with that. Basically I prefer dub but there isn’t a lot of dubs that surpass the sub.
Oct 11, 2017 3:34 AM
Jul 2018
Dubs all the way, don't like the teenage voice all Japanese voice actors try to imitate.
Oct 11, 2017 3:34 AM

Mar 2014
I prefer subs most of the time, but every so often the English dubbed version ends up being pretty good. In very few instances it can even surpass the original, such as with Cowboy Bebop or Trigun.
It could just be that I'm biased with those series, though... since I saw the English dub first. Hard to say...

There's also cases like Ghost Stories, where... well, the English Dub doesn't exactly make it better per-se... but just gives it a new life, in a way. xD
::End of Transmission::

Oct 11, 2017 3:45 AM
Oct 2017
Subbed cause the dubs are just too fake sounding if you know what i mean. Also kinda makes me cringe. Subs also tend to come out before dubs (i think?) so that's a bonus.
Oct 11, 2017 3:51 AM

Sep 2017
Only subs. I love to hear the original seiyuu
Oct 11, 2017 3:51 AM

Sep 2017
Only subs. I love to hear the original seiyuu
Oct 11, 2017 4:00 AM

Nov 2016
This question never dies huh , i been in mal for only 1 year but i feel like i seen this topic 50 times already.

Anyway doesnt matter for me at the start i was watching only dub later on i swapped only sub.Now i watch dub if its good one which isnt often so mostly sub.
Oct 11, 2017 4:33 AM
Jun 2016
i like to watch it in russian dubs with japanese subtitles.

i can't speak either language btw :) i am spanish
'ate gundam
Oct 11, 2017 4:39 AM

Aug 2015
harpseal2 said:

Wow. I'm suprised that you can find such copies of anime with Russian dubs and Japanese subs at the same time. Might I ask where you watch this?
Oct 11, 2017 4:41 AM
Jun 2016
crestiec said:
harpseal2 said:

Wow. I'm suprised that you can find such copies of anime with Russian dubs and Japanese subs at the same time. Might I ask where you watch this?

i watch it on a french website called baguette.com.au
'ate gundam
Oct 11, 2017 4:49 AM

Aug 2015
harpseal2 said:
crestiec said:

harpseal2 said:
crestiec said:

Thank you mate, I shall check it out.
Oct 11, 2017 5:17 AM

Jun 2014
Thread locked.

-Duplicate of https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1620003&show=50
-Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, simple listing, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
59 seconds ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 3 hours ago

19 by Rhaelynne »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

234 by FZREMAKE »»
5 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 53 minutes ago

5 by WatchTillTandava »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.