Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 9, 2017 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
WeabooTV said:
Infatuate said:
It was funny for about 1 minute, now it's even more dull than boku no pico jokes.

Don't expect much from memeteens. To them this is hilarious.

>Clannad
>Any good
>Not reading Kannon original VN

hey thanks for the profile view

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Oct 9, 2017 2:27 PM

Jun 2016
-KaneKo- said:
TKB928 said:
You are the one being childish and if you don't like it then you have to ignore it for now.

I'm not even joking. If you suspect there's trolling afoot and don't like it why are you feeding those same trolls? Many of the people involved are contributing specifically to point out the inherently flawed nature of a voting system that only requires you to check a box. It's meaningless and proves nothing, and it only took 600 voters and their influence to prove that. Everyone's opinion differs and no one uses the same rating system under the same perspective. What do the numbers mean when they mean something different to everyone who submitted one? They don't mean anything remotely concrete. That is a primary source of anime's subjectivity.

Don't fall victim to emotional manipulation. If your opinion on the issue means that much to you, writing a constructive review highlighting your honest thoughts backed by reasoning will influence things in the direction you desire far more than pouting and submitting a number that may or may not represent your actual thoughts in the name of "balance". This will be far more effective when this season is over and can be reviewed in full, hence the need to wait for the best possible result.

This is becoming a meme and may never fully die down, but that doesn't mean that honest discussions and true community opinions are impossible. Just realize that these things have far more value than a single number between 1 and 10 will ever hold.

I Had Pingu as a 1/10 but then changed it to a more Fair 6/10 and made a review (The review got deleted :c)

Yeah they're just deleting everything right now, constructive or no. Even more reason to wait. There's little chance of anything sticking until episode 6 airs since they recommend waiting at least that long in one of the review guideline topics. At least you tried though.
Oct 9, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2015
Finaldream said:
ItzYoBoiSatan said:

People think they funny by giving 10/10 to a dead meme

The same works in the opposite way with the people giving 1/10.

It's just fighting fire with fire.
Totally did it, not for gintama, nor trolls.
But giving such a high score to a meme just for the sake of it is really insulting for great animes (That I mean not only recent one but older one as well.)

I honestly don't see the point in all this, I get it this site is dead, the scores are dead.
It can't be made because people aren't taking it seriously and instead of thinking objectively on the quality of an anime and rating it as such (like a lot of people do with movies) they just want the one they like to be above else.
Oct 9, 2017 2:54 PM
Feb 2017
CatSoul said:
If Pingu goes below a 9 I will destroy MAL

I'll help you with that. Its at 8.99 right now. Are you ready for destruction?

Oct 9, 2017 3:02 PM

Dec 2014
SpongySquid said:
CatSoul said:
If Pingu goes below a 9 I will destroy MAL

I'll help you with that. Its at 8.99 right now. Are you ready for destruction?

*angry noot noot*
ᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠᅠ

Oct 9, 2017 3:15 PM
Nov 2016
Sup bitches
Chad Warden here
About that noot noot triple
I ain't talking about that AoT
Look that pingu is slick
My hair was blonde before
Blonde
Now I dyed that shit black
Like pingu
That shit slick
Now people talk about AoT like it's so good
It ain't got chaaaaaracters
Man that sword look like a dildo
Deeldo
Man maybe if there's a mini episode
Attack on shove it up yo ass episode
Yo real animes got some fiddy cent in the background
Some fat joe
BALLIN
Oct 9, 2017 3:36 PM

Sep 2017
-Melancholy- said:
YaoiLucky said:
People who get mad just because their favorite anime isn't ranked as high as pingu shouldn't be using mal. Why are you so cancerous.

I have no problems with Pingu, but you shouldn't be saying that when you made your account less than a month ago. Shaking my head. New users these days.

But thats just common knowledge. I don't need to be some anime expert to know that you shouldn't get salty over an anime rank. And @Melanchony stop acting so high and mighty. You yourself have less hours on anime than me. But I'm not trying to say that I'm superior to you.
Yaoi Lucky
Oct 9, 2017 3:51 PM

Apr 2015
Pingu is life... Pingu is love...
Oct 9, 2017 4:05 PM

Mar 2017
YaoiLucky said:
-Melancholy- said:

I have no problems with Pingu, but you shouldn't be saying that when you made your account less than a month ago. Shaking my head. New users these days.

But thats just common knowledge. I don't need to be some anime expert to know that you shouldn't get salty over an anime rank. And @Melanchony stop acting so high and mighty. You yourself have less hours on anime than me. But I'm not trying to say that I'm superior to you.

I could care less about how much anime you've watched.

I'm talking about how much time you've spent on MAL and talking to people on these forums. I can see your age on your account, and you're just a kid, so I'm not going to try and win in a verbal debate with you - just saying, don't toot your own horn at something you can barely understand. You're just another child supporting memes, and that's great, but I also find it really hard to take people like you seriously.
-Melancholy-Oct 9, 2017 4:10 PM

CURRENT OTPS - Kaito Kid x Shinichi Kudou
CURRENT OBSESSION - Detective Conan
CURRENTLY PLAYING - Spyro | Crash Bandicoot
CURRENTLY LISTENING TO - WRLD: By Design
CURRENT HUSBAND - Kaitou Kid
Oct 9, 2017 4:43 PM

Jun 2016
VKR said:
Finaldream said:

The same works in the opposite way with the people giving 1/10.

But giving such a high score to a meme just for the sake of it is really insulting for great animes (That I mean not only recent one but older one as well.)

I honestly don't see the point in all this, I get it this site is dead, the scores are dead.
It can't be made because people aren't taking it seriously and instead of thinking objectively on the quality of an anime and rating it as such (like a lot of people do with movies) they just want the one they like to be above else.

Who said anything about the site being dead? Not being active and not being deadpan serious aren't the same thing. It's not like the ratings meant all that much to begin with. You'll be able to find out what people really think of this show when it ends by reading the reviews and using your judgment to sort out the serious ones from the silly ones. It's no different than any other anime on this site. When you boil the opinion down to a single number you lose all of the meaning behind it.
Oct 9, 2017 9:38 PM

Nov 2014
pgmhecateii said:
Goddamnit, kill me now.

Yeah! It finally dropped below a 9! Let's keep it going. I still don't want to add Pingu on my list, though.

It would have dropped below a 9 much earlier if the 1/10 people didn't deny people the opportunity to get their "Pingu is #1" screenshot and a few laughs.

Do you seriously believe anyone wants to leave a score of 10 for Pingu after the joke gets old? It's like the Corey in The House joke that was funny maybe to make the first 10 times. The people getting riled up over Pingu and made it their mission to get it below 9 extended the period of time that the joke was funny to me for like 1-2 days. However keep in mind that the average people takes an eternity to move on, heck even Corey in The House is still funny to some people, so congrats you guys dug your own grave and made this joke last way way longer than it should. It might never die too thanks to you guys.
BurningSpiritOct 9, 2017 9:42 PM
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Oct 10, 2017 12:23 AM

Aug 2014
JFuji said:
It's just proven science at this point.
There is just one immature fanbase that is obsessed with the top anime list. The fanbase that will sabotage other anime and boost their own. Who are they you might ask? Gintama fans every single time

Umm... the ones who are being immature here are the same ones hating on Gintama... coincidence..? I think not. Who even cares about a top list, just like what you like and move on, the fact people get so triggered over such trivial things makes me wish the world would just get nuked already. ._.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Oct 10, 2017 12:30 AM

Aug 2016
MyEnglishIsGood said:
JFuji said:
It's just proven science at this point.
There is just one immature fanbase that is obsessed with the top anime list. The fanbase that will sabotage other anime and boost their own. Who are they you might ask? Gintama fans every single time

Umm... the ones who are being immature here are the same ones hating on Gintama... coincidence..? I think not. Who even cares about a top list, just like what you like and move on, the fact people get so triggered over such trivial things makes me wish the world would just get nuked already. ._.

Nobody is hating on Gintama though. People are just pointing out the simple fact that it is commonly Gintama fans that downvote other top anime and are notorious for creating alts for boosting/downvoting.
Oct 10, 2017 12:39 AM

Aug 2014
JFuji said:
MyEnglishIsGood said:

Nobody is hating on Gintama though. People are just pointing out the simple fact that it is commonly Gintama fans that downvote other top anime and are notorious for creating alts for boosting/downvoting.

I guess I just hate people generalizing and demoralizing an entire fanbase (Gintama fans) because of some who do this dumb shit. ._.
I've seen just as many alts downvoting both Pingu and Gintama, as well as real accounts upvoting Gintama and Pingu.
I like Gintama, Pingu, and Monogatari, yet some people will instantly dismiss my opinion 'cause I'm a 'Gintama Fag' regardless of the fact I enjoy many different anime.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Oct 10, 2017 2:07 AM

Aug 2016
MyEnglishIsGood said:
JFuji said:

I guess I just hate people generalizing and demoralizing an entire fanbase (Gintama fans) because of some who do this dumb shit. ._.
I've seen just as many alts downvoting both Pingu and Gintama, as well as real accounts upvoting Gintama and Pingu.
I like Gintama, Pingu, and Monogatari, yet some people will instantly dismiss my opinion 'cause I'm a 'Gintama Fag' regardless of the fact I enjoy many different anime.

I mean it is what it is. As a Jojo's fan I know what it means to be apart of an immature fanbase. But hey if you are one of those Gintama fans that doesn't partake in that goofy ratings war stuff then it shouldn't bother you.
Oct 10, 2017 3:35 AM

Aug 2014
JFuji said:
MyEnglishIsGood said:

I mean it is what it is. As a Jojo's fan I know what it means to be apart of an immature fanbase. But hey if you are one of those Gintama fans that doesn't partake in that goofy ratings war stuff then it shouldn't bother you.

The thing that bothers me is how immature other people can be and how some would judge me based on my favourite anime rather than by what I'm saying.
Three of my favourite anime are Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster, and Serial Experiments Lain which are considered to be elitist anime so if I make a reasonable and valid point that goes against their opinion, people soon jump to labeling me an elitist, same as how if I make a post regarding rankings, it's instantly dismissed because I like Gintama. ._.
I just wish this community wasn't filled with a bunch of salty, triggered, pubescent, close-minded, cancer spreading asshats 'cause they really give anime a bad name.
#dicksoutforhughmungus
Oct 10, 2017 4:17 AM

Jun 2016
MyEnglishIsGood said:
JFuji said:

The thing that bothers me is how immature other people can be and how some would judge me based on my favourite anime rather than by what I'm saying.
Three of my favourite anime are Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Monster, and Serial Experiments Lain which are considered to be elitist anime so if I make a reasonable and valid point that goes against their opinion, people soon jump to labeling me an elitist, same as how if I make a post regarding rankings, it's instantly dismissed because I like Gintama. ._.
I just wish this community wasn't filled with a bunch of salty, triggered, pubescent, close-minded, cancer spreading asshats 'cause they really give anime a bad name.

What are you talking about you have Inferno Cop in your faves you're clearly just a shitposter quit trolling this is cancer Tekuza died for this you plebs

Sorry it was too easy

You're actually right though. Favorite anime was never the point of this. Good post.
Oct 10, 2017 4:29 AM

Jan 2013
I'm just gonna leave this beauty here...
Oct 10, 2017 4:35 AM

Mar 2012
Put 1 to Boku no Hero Academia which have 8,85/10.
There are lots of animes far better than this, so why only 1 for pingu ?
Oct 10, 2017 4:37 AM

May 2014
CondemneDio said:
I'm just gonna leave this beauty here...

Look at that~ Some proof of edgy kids these days in internet
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Oct 10, 2017 6:51 AM

Apr 2015
pgmhecateii said:
Edit: Ugh, the rank went up to 9.00 again.

That is not an "ugh". That is worthy of celebration.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Oct 10, 2017 7:00 AM
Dec 2012
You should choose your priorities better, because if you can't ignore some people on MAL trolling by giving Pingu the #1, you shouldn't even look at the ranks, because that's what happens to something generally hyped or expected for any reason (I'm not saying that pingu is hyped or was expected to be something great) but Pingu has made a huge part of my childhood and to other people as well, I suppose. So I would give it a 10/10 just for fun, there's nothing wrong or bad about it, people on MAL put FMA at #1 and I consider it to be an average animation, specially because it's a shounen and I don't complain, people just seem to like it, that's ok.

TL:DR Let my people have fun, you don't need to create a topic just because you can't tolerate it or think this is bad.
Oct 10, 2017 7:01 AM

Oct 2015
I just wonder why those threads in this show always on the top forum dashboard >.>
Oct 10, 2017 7:14 AM

Apr 2015
pgmhecateii said:
CatSoul said:

That is not an "ugh". That is worthy of celebration.
It is not worthy of anything besides feeling insulted. Shame on you, good sir.

Well, I baked a cake in celebration, but now you don't get any. :(
Oct 10, 2017 8:02 AM

Dec 2015
CatSoul said:

Also you gave SAO a 7 and you're seriously trying to tell me Pingu deserves a 1? Pretty sure you're the troll.

Calling someone a troll because their tastes don't align with yours is pretty fucking stupid.
Oct 10, 2017 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
PsychoEliteNZ said:
CatSoul said:

Also you gave SAO a 7 and you're seriously trying to tell me Pingu deserves a 1? Pretty sure you're the troll.

Calling someone a troll because their tastes don't align with yours is pretty fucking stupid.

And that's what the other people are doing too.
You know, calling people stupid for rating Pingu 10. It works both ways.
Oct 10, 2017 8:07 AM

Dec 2015
There is such a thing as going too far btw. We all know "it's for the meme" and that's the only reason.
Oct 10, 2017 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
PsychoEliteNZ said:
There is such a thing as going too far btw. We all know "it's for the meme" and that's the only reason.

You're not a psychic, you can't know what other people think, and you can't tell other people what to think.
Oct 10, 2017 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
PsychoEliteNZ said:

I will defend Pingu in the City as being legitimately worth watching than 95% of anime until the day I die. I'm not trolling.
Oct 10, 2017 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
@Turtles_Hunter
We don't need to be as lowly as those who use alt-accounts.
Pingu, love & peace will win.
Oct 10, 2017 8:19 AM

Jan 2013
Turtles_Hunter said:
@CondemneDio
Don't worry the idea to create account just for that seem too fastidious just to trigger someone. Just not worth it.

Exactly.
It's such a shame there's little that can be done about the problem :/
Oct 10, 2017 8:19 AM

Dec 2016
Crippling depression sure is a widespread problem in MAL if they think trolling about "Pingu" is funny.
Oct 10, 2017 8:20 AM

May 2015
pgmhecateii said:
@Turtles_Hunter No, I wouldn't be raging. If I know it's a joke, that's all there is to it.

I tried and made about 4 accounts on MAL to upvote Gintama before I was banned, lol.

That was my first and only time.

Shall I downvote Pingu to see you rage (cause I love seeing people angry) too?

Stupid cartoons. This is why I hate the western world.

That's ironic, considering you're the one getting angry.

Oct 10, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2015
pgmhecateii said:
Kittens-kun said:

That's ironic, considering you're the one getting angry.
I thought I said that I didn't care, didn't I? At least I hope that's true.

Someone who "didn't care" wouldn't downvote something in an attempt to piss off other people.

Oct 10, 2017 8:36 AM

May 2015
TKB928 said:
VKR said:

Who said anything about the site being dead? Not being active and not being deadpan serious aren't the same thing. It's not like the ratings meant all that much to begin with. You'll be able to find out what people really think of this show when it ends by reading the reviews and using your judgment to sort out the serious ones from the silly ones. It's no different than any other anime on this site. When you boil the opinion down to a single number you lose all of the meaning behind it.

The whole point of this site is rating and critics on animes, if one of them is dead, then the site is dead since it's the basis of its existence. I frequently go on a french cinema rating site and all is well, the ratings represents well the quality of the movies and as such it help a lot. Can only say the same for MAL but half hearted
Oct 10, 2017 8:55 AM
Aug 2011
Oct 10, 2017 10:47 AM

Mar 2016
So this is what people call a hit and miss joke.
This is clearly missed for you
Oct 10, 2017 10:59 AM
Dec 2016
OP can't appreciate this masterpiece
Oct 10, 2017 12:30 PM
Mar 2017
WeabooTV said:
Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:

Look, you're not gonna drag me into this.

You want to see Pingu at the top. I don't. We'll both do whatever we want to do, and that's the end of it.

If you're trying to get me to shed a fucking tear over this , or whatever, you're gonna have to dig deeper.

>Caring about who get the 1st place
>Implying a english site on the internet have seriously and objetcive ratings over all anime industry
>Defending via putting a 1/10 to a nostalgic and well created kid show

heh

greentext in MAL SMH
Oct 10, 2017 12:51 PM

May 2015
Turtles_Hunter said:
VKR said:
The whole point of this site is rating and critics on animes, if one of them is dead, then the site is dead since it's the basis of its existence. I frequently go on a french cinema rating site and all is well, the ratings represents well the quality of the movies and as such it help a lot. Can only say the same for MAL but half hearted
I beg to disagree. The whole point of the show is to make a list of the anime you've seen, that can be easily updated, and compare with other users. That's why it's called my anime LIST. The rating system is a plus, but not the core of the site.
Also, you all should stop calling that a meme. A meme is codified message, often in picture, and have rules. They adapt to one situation. There is no message behind the Pingu thing. That's why the left shark for example wasn't a meme but something that went viral because it has no meaning. You kiddos should stop using that word for everything.

Well then, it is not necessary, as such : can be deleted.
I like having a rating system but why deleting it then ?
Everyone seems alright by saying that it's useless and dead, it create discord between everyone and makes everyone go to shit if someone says, like I do, that there's better anime than FMAB (not talking about gintama, they're not even the same genre).
I don't think you can deny my point
Oct 10, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2015
Chinooo123 said:
i don't see the problem behind it.

Gintama fans always does the same and the staff doesn't give a fuck about it.

I usually just watch without butting in. But you are annoying! What do you mean that Gintama fans do the same as giving 10s without caring. Anyone that is a true gintama fan loves it to the core and had given it a ten because there is no score higher. if you have not watched gintama fully and your are not heartless then you cannot say what you said. I reported you, not like it will make any difference but letting you know.
Oct 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Apr 2015
pgmhecateii said:
CatSoul said:

Well, I baked a cake in celebration, but now you don't get any. :(
Hi again, CatSoul, this is my new edited post:

So this is the thanks I get for having quality taste in anime?
Oct 10, 2017 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
I'm calling it now, Pingu will be the top anime of 2017
Oct 10, 2017 1:46 PM

Mar 2015
JFuji said:
So because you deem Pingu not worthy of a top anime spot, you want to sabotage with a 1 rating?

Why do you care so much about the top anime ranking? Gintama being listed like 4 times isn't enough for you to realize that the top anime list is a joke and doesn't mean anything?
You are the joke for thinking an anime that is amazing should be lower just because you did not like it. I watched it, liked it, I cried , I laughed, I was left empty after each season was over. I rarely rate an anime so high. Only the animes that hit me with feels so hard I was not able to move on for a while after. FMAB left me with one strong feeling and Tokyo magnitude left me with drained out tears for more than half the short series. Not many animes out there can move someone's soul from the core. and gintama was able to make me laugh until my stomach hurt while I am the one who is trying to fake laughs to keep on living. It made me cry my heart out and forget about my shitty problems because I was living in it with them. You cannot capture me that easily and Gintama did
Oct 10, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 2018
Gintama is legit one of the best comedy animes, because not only are they a master at comedy, but they're the only comedy anime I know that can pull a heel turn and make a really sad episode that pulls at your heartstrings effectively.
Oct 10, 2017 1:59 PM

Mar 2015
To anyone that accuses Gintama fans of being unreasonable with votes. if you check Gintama's votes you will find for sure plenty of 1 votes for it form haters who will not know even who any of the sub characters are. They just ride on the hate train and they cannot stand to see a series that deserves to be rated highly because it is better than their favorite questionable show. Get your facts straight and without being judgemental if you are not grownup enough Gintama is not for you so stay away form it.
Oct 10, 2017 2:01 PM

Nov 2014
I kinda feel bad for the people who made pingu

On one side there's all those people that see pingu as a joke, and on the other side people bashing pingu because of the former

Oct 10, 2017 2:20 PM

Nov 2014
pgmhecateii said:
Why don't you just mention that there is absolutely no reason that Pingu should have such a high rating and stay neutral, m8? Making it sound like it's one side's fault.

I think i was pretty clearly saying that both sides are in the wrong

Oct 10, 2017 5:10 PM
Jun 2009
Mal is a site with a lot of kids. Series full of 10/10 and 1/10 are just the tip of the iceberg.
Oct 10, 2017 5:23 PM

Dec 2014
Finaldream said:
Mal is a site with a lot of kids. Series full of 10/10 and 1/10 are just the tip of the iceberg.

That and people think they're arguing when they're actually throwing "strawmans" and "true scot" fallacies all over the place devolving any semblance of discussion into overly emotional dribble.
spicychileOct 10, 2017 5:27 PM
I need sleep.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LuceoEtzio - Oct 6, 2017

97 by MyWeebCringeList »»
Aug 7, 2023 11:13 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 11 Discussion

lanblade - Dec 15, 2017

14 by Goo-mah »»
Jun 30, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 24 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

10 by Frezlaj »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:03 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 26 Discussion

BoosterGold - Mar 30, 2018

25 by VMario699 »»
Jan 5, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Pingu in the City Episode 25 Discussion

hassage - Mar 24, 2018

13 by CQLLIST »»
May 24, 2022 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.