Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Anyone else here that hates studio pierrot for making season 3 for Tokyo ghoul?

New
Oct 5, 2017 8:14 AM

Jun 2015
I am pretty angry.
We need a reboot of 50 episodes instead of a new season.

y does studio pierrot ruin everything I love?
I reread Tokyo ghoul twice and am now rereading it for the third time. I want re to finish so I can binge read it. That is how much I love Tokyo ghoul.
They also ruined more anime with fillers.
Why does studio pierrot do this to us? And who is angry as well?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 5, 2017 8:16 AM
Jul 2018
Meh compared to the manga the anime might turn out to be actually good so i am not angry.
Oct 5, 2017 8:23 AM
Aug 2016
I hate it for making Tokyo Ghoul into an anime ;)
Oh, can't forget about Black Clover. It's this season's masterpiece.
Oct 5, 2017 8:27 AM

Jun 2015
Isn't it a sequel though instead of season 3?

While OT, meh, didn't like TG from the start anyway.
Oct 5, 2017 8:33 AM

Nov 2015
No. The manga got boring anyways. But looks like the mangaka is happy about the trailer. Check his Twitter.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/74f2zu/sui_ishida_announces_tokyo_ghoul_re_anime/
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Oct 5, 2017 8:57 AM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Oct 5, 2017 9:30 AM
Mar 2016
Oh, god... I've been waiting for this forever. Biggest news of 2017 for me. Is Pierrot even adapting this? Didn't madhouse take over? http://www.crossmap.com/news/tokyo-ghoul-season-3-release-date-madhouse-will-takeover-tokyo-ghoul-season-3s-production-28669 Anwyays, I hope this will be faithful to the manga. HYPE!
Oct 5, 2017 9:33 AM
Feb 2016
mehmehperson said:
No. The manga got boring anyways. But looks like the mangaka is happy about the trailer. Check his Twitter.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/74f2zu/sui_ishida_announces_tokyo_ghoul_re_anime/

I heard the mangaka didn't like what they did with Root A (basically he wrote story drafts for the original story, that the studio rejected them to make a bad hodgepodge that's neither original nor faitful) so I wonder if he's trusting Pierrot again or if he wanted to move it to a different studio.
Oct 5, 2017 9:42 AM

Dec 2015
people are so dumb and ungrateful how you gonna be angry about something that isn't even out yet.. its an adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul:re so it will most likely ignored anything prior to it..
Oct 5, 2017 10:15 AM

May 2017
Then don't fucking watch it, geez
Oct 5, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
animeiscool561 said:
mehmehperson said:

I heard the mangaka didn't like what they did with Root A (basically he wrote story drafts for the original story, that the studio rejected them to make a bad hodgepodge that's neither original nor faitful) so I wonder if he's trusting Pierrot again or if he wanted to move it to a different studio.

god if Madhouse really gonna take over the job, maybe i still have faith to this anime, such a shame if it'll turn to be bad again because i love the manga so much..
Oct 5, 2017 10:33 AM

Feb 2016
SimplyKairi said:
people are so dumb and ungrateful how you gonna be angry about something that isn't even out yet.. its an adaptation of Tokyo Ghoul:re so it will most likely ignored anything prior to it..

I agree with you even if I'm not excited for the Anime. People are already hating and judging it and it's not even out. I have a bad feeling but I won't judge it.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Oct 5, 2017 10:38 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah u are the only one, im happy to have a 3rd season

Oct 5, 2017 10:46 AM
Dec 2011
I'm also not of a fan of studio pierrot adaptations, but then again I'm not that much of Tokyo Ghoul fan so I would not care much how they mess it up this time around. However, I do think :re manga is better than the first so It might turn out ok if they stayed true to the source.
Oct 5, 2017 10:47 AM

Dec 2016
Why's everybody so pissed about this? If you think it'll suck then stick to the manga...
Oct 5, 2017 10:59 AM
Sep 2016
Lets just see how it turn out....
Oct 5, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2016
Let's just hope they don't fuck it up.
Oct 5, 2017 11:05 AM

Aug 2014
Yep me.
I probably stop giving a fuck to anime and somehow hoping for a remake or handed to other studio.
If we're just going to get cringy animation with barely an animation from Pierrot, might as well stop adaptating it.
Oct 5, 2017 11:09 AM
Jun 2016
i have no idea what you are so pissed about -__-

ofcourse second season of tokyo ghoul didnt follow the manga and wasnt as good as either the manga or second season but then again, i would rank tokyo ghoul RE manga lower than the first season of tokoy ghoul anime simply because of how boring it is becoming

therefore I am happy to see a third season, I hope this is 24 episode long final season, I dont see tokyo ghoul having a 4th season, it may just go on permanent hiatus if left unfinished and then get a crappy berserk styled reboot

I am hoping for a reboot somewhere 5 years from now, Tokyo ghoul brotherhood styled!
Oct 5, 2017 11:10 AM

Feb 2015
NO!We need a new season of TG! I think if they stretch it out for like 20+ EPs it can reach the Ch.125 for the lulz....

No... Anyway, I'm expecting some good shit about it; action-wise that is...
Oct 5, 2017 11:12 AM
Sep 2017
I am so fucking pumped for the new season!
Oct 5, 2017 12:34 PM
Nov 2015
Wait hold up, pause the game, rewind press play. Can someone tell me how making an anime ruins a manga? Does it make the manga no longer enjoyable to read? Can't you just not watch the anime?
Oct 5, 2017 5:16 PM
Oct 2015
It hasn't been confirmed that Pierrot is animating it.
Oct 5, 2017 6:04 PM
Apr 2016
Completely agreed. All the seasons were shit. Don't make a fucking third season, remake everything jesus.
Oct 5, 2017 7:07 PM

May 2014
I am very disappointed.

S3 should never happen and I was hoping for a reboot, this season will be fucked up as well. Without proper Season 2 this is meaningless and just bad.
I had hopes for a reboot or just leave it be, but confirming Season 3 makes it imposible to happen.

I dont understand why Ishida let this happen.
Oct 5, 2017 11:12 PM

Jun 2015
AllSearchNoWatch said:
Hunter x Hunter is studio pierrot right? Is it really that hard to make a faithful adaption especially when there is a good manga

Hunter x hunter is madhouse. ..

Lol
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 6, 2017 1:48 AM
Jul 2018
Where has it even been confirmed that Pierrot is even doing :re? So far I've seen no official sources saying this and it seems everyone is jumping to conclusions. Even the video says the studio hasn't been announced yet. I find it weird that they would keep the staff a secret if it really is Pierrot.
Oct 7, 2017 2:02 AM
Sep 2016
yalu12 said:
Completely agreed. All the seasons were shit. Don't make a fucking third season, remake everything jesus.

if the literally just straight animate the RE manga, everything will be fine. Clean Slate.

The TG manga and Root A literally end the same way anyway, with the cliffhanger fight.
Oct 7, 2017 2:07 AM
Jan 2015
Pierrot try to ruin : re again , oh well , crappy studio
Oct 7, 2017 2:33 AM

May 2015
Lol if another studio does this and end up doing a worse job than perriot did with the original, people may realise then that the original series wasn't as bad as many people try and make out. It wasn't perfect that's for sure but it's not as terrible as people claim either.
Oct 7, 2017 2:34 AM

Sep 2009
You should hate it for making the first two lmao.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 7, 2017 2:24 PM
Apr 2015
Faded_Memories said:
Oh, god... I've been waiting for this forever. Biggest news of 2017 for me. Is Pierrot even adapting this? Didn't madhouse take over? http://www.crossmap.com/news/tokyo-ghoul-season-3-release-date-madhouse-will-takeover-tokyo-ghoul-season-3s-production-28669 Anwyays, I hope this will be faithful to the manga. HYPE!

Please Madhouse..
Please Madhouse..
It wont be good for pierrot to take over TG again..They fucked up 2nd Season
Oct 7, 2017 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
I don't hate Pierrot since I only got to know TG because of them

P I E R RO T
CH AN G ED
M Y
L I FE

Still, the clowns are having the last laugh
Oct 7, 2017 7:09 PM
Jun 2016
Well the latest chapter says "tokyo ghoul:re gets adaptation". I am pretty sure that with the source material being out and being more than enough to make a 24 episode season, then i dont see why this is not good. Root A was a bad adaptation, but the ending was made in such that way that it can actually carry on to faithfully adapt the second part of the manga without any problems. Last but not least, nowhere does this say that it is a continuation of root A, so it doesn't necessarily have to be one. Blue exorcist didnt have a faithful season 1 ending but season 2 pretended it never happened, so that can also be done here.
Oct 7, 2017 8:48 PM
Nov 2015
JeffrotheDude said:
Wait hold up, pause the game, rewind press play. Can someone tell me how making an anime ruins a manga? Does it make the manga no longer enjoyable to read? Can't you just not watch the anime?

People are pissed that instead of fixing the problems they made by veering away from the manga they decided to continue just because of the popularity. I don't expect this to be that good story wise which is pretty fucking sad. It just feels like its going to be a brain-dead continuation when a good portion of the fanbase has been asking for a reboot.
Oct 7, 2017 9:08 PM
Nov 2015
KermitTh said:
JeffrotheDude said:

People are pissed that instead of fixing the problems they made by veering away from the manga they decided to continue just because of the popularity. I don't expect this to be that good story wise which is pretty fucking sad. It just feels like its going to be a brain-dead continuation when a good portion of the fanbase has been asking for a reboot.

Ok but that doesn't make the manga not enjoyable?
Oct 7, 2017 9:20 PM
Nov 2015
JeffrotheDude said:

Guess I misread your questions. Also looks like you misinterpreted the original post. Doesn't make the manga unenjoyable, but definitely feels like a big fuck you to fans that want a quality show.
Oct 8, 2017 4:35 AM

May 2015
KermitTh said:
JeffrotheDude said:

Guess I misread your questions. Also looks like you misinterpreted the original post. Doesn't make the manga unenjoyable, but definitely feels like a big fuck you to fans that want a quality show.

What about the people who enjoyed seasons 1 and 2?

There not half as bad as most people make out.
Oct 8, 2017 8:25 PM
Nov 2015
jedman said:
KermitTh said:

Nothing wrong with enjoying a show, but the hate they've received is definitely justified. Instead of following through with the rest of the manga in root A, they decided to chop off all of the good and replace it with a story that didn't make sense.
Oct 9, 2017 12:20 AM

May 2015
KermitTh said:
jedman said:

Nothing wrong with enjoying a show, but the hate they've received is definitely justified. Instead of following through with the rest of the manga in root A, they decided to chop off all of the good and replace it with a story that didn't make sense.

Route A needed to be twice the length really, still nice music though. And hinami chan was cute

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

96 by bakakisima »»
May 7, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

49 by bakakisima »»
May 7, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

240 by bakakisima »»
May 3, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

417 by bakakisima »»
May 3, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.