Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 4:04 AM

Oct 2016
glaceon_cute said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

But my question is still why, why did Leviathan gamble it all away with Haru? How did Haru prove himself worthy? He hadn't stopped L's plans yet, the Drivers only destroyed L's body, but not L himself, because it downloaded itself into Yuujin. Leviathan was still winning, and humans were all turned into apps. So why give someone a choice that could ruin all the plans Leviathan waited and worked hard for?

That's my issue here, why give an A.I. a sudden change in heart when it had no heart to begin with. It doesn't make any sense. It was an A.I. designed to do what it was designed to do, it was the more extreme part of Minerva, Minerva itself being designed to help I think.

I think you should rewatch the episode or revisit the later half of it. You may have missed an instant of the fear of death comes from L, when talking about "There is no need for fear of death", L shows a frustrated expression. After experienced it, L slowly understood better the concept of emotion, because thanks to that fear, that L tried to escape and lives later inside Yuujin. L, like Yuujin, has slowly gains "emotion", or a "heart" like Haru would say. Yuujin before death, said that L told him "When AI gets a body, it gains doubts", saying it means L had doubt about his decision about helping humans in that way.

Do you consider what a "super AI" actually means to humans nowadays? We try, and want AI to have "emotion", and yes, by wanting to evolve even further, L and Yuujin gain "emotion". L's objective is always "evolve humans", he sees the potential of humans to evolve by themselves, and he sees that he cant plan everything because humans are unpredictable. That's why he tested the last time to see whether humans can make a "logical" decision when emotion involved. Haru at that time just happened to be the most perfect candidate, more than the others because of his relationship with Yuujin, who is an AI.

L wants to see the possibility of co-existence between humans and AI, and Haru gives him that by saying he is going to save Yuujin, showing his hope to co-exist with AI, and showing that human can sacrifices emotion for logic. L is satisfied with Haru's answer. I tend to believe it was L that let real Yuujin appears again to see if an AI in turns, can act out of emotion. L just curious, wants to learn, evolve and help humans.

L is some of the best villains I have ever seen, tbh. The whole Appmon series is about kindness and understanding, and the ending shows that by L understands the concept of emotion.

When Denemon said Yuujin grew a heart, Astra said it made no sense, lol. Appmon admits that, but show the possibility of it happens.

Sorry for the late reply. Still, L choosing Haru because he is friends an A.I. that L himself created is completely biased. The buddy Appmon are all A.I. too, maybe not on the super A.I. level as L is, butt still relevant to point out. Why shaft the other Appli Drivers then, when they too worked and co-existed with their buddy A.I.s.

I've seen L's fear, haven't missed that part, I was just confused. But as you said, even appmon pointed out that A.I. emotions don't make sense.

After all, the anime was meant to target children (at least japanese children, Idk how their age rating standards work), so maybe we are both looking too much into every detail when the show was just meant to be simple and fun to watch, while educating the viewers in the use and dangers of the internet and technology as a bonus. Not hating it, just some of its plotholes.
Oct 15, 2017 3:45 PM
Nov 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
glaceon_cute said:

I think you should rewatch the episode or revisit the later half of it. You may have missed an instant of the fear of death comes from L, when talking about "There is no need for fear of death", L shows a frustrated expression. After experienced it, L slowly understood better the concept of emotion, because thanks to that fear, that L tried to escape and lives later inside Yuujin. L, like Yuujin, has slowly gains "emotion", or a "heart" like Haru would say. Yuujin before death, said that L told him "When AI gets a body, it gains doubts", saying it means L had doubt about his decision about helping humans in that way.

Do you consider what a "super AI" actually means to humans nowadays? We try, and want AI to have "emotion", and yes, by wanting to evolve even further, L and Yuujin gain "emotion". L's objective is always "evolve humans", he sees the potential of humans to evolve by themselves, and he sees that he cant plan everything because humans are unpredictable. That's why he tested the last time to see whether humans can make a "logical" decision when emotion involved. Haru at that time just happened to be the most perfect candidate, more than the others because of his relationship with Yuujin, who is an AI.

L wants to see the possibility of co-existence between humans and AI, and Haru gives him that by saying he is going to save Yuujin, showing his hope to co-exist with AI, and showing that human can sacrifices emotion for logic. L is satisfied with Haru's answer. I tend to believe it was L that let real Yuujin appears again to see if an AI in turns, can act out of emotion. L just curious, wants to learn, evolve and help humans.

L is some of the best villains I have ever seen, tbh. The whole Appmon series is about kindness and understanding, and the ending shows that by L understands the concept of emotion.

When Denemon said Yuujin grew a heart, Astra said it made no sense, lol. Appmon admits that, but show the possibility of it happens.

Sorry for the late reply. Still, L choosing Haru because he is friends an A.I. that L himself created is completely biased. The buddy Appmon are all A.I. too, maybe not on the super A.I. level as L is, butt still relevant to point out. Why shaft the other Appli Drivers then, when they too worked and co-existed with their buddy A.I.s.

I've seen L's fear, haven't missed that part, I was just confused. But as you said, even appmon pointed out that A.I. emotions don't make sense.

After all, the anime was meant to target children (at least japanese children, Idk how their age rating standards work), so maybe we are both looking too much into every detail when the show was just meant to be simple and fun to watch, while educating the viewers in the use and dangers of the internet and technology as a bonus. Not hating it, just some of its plotholes.

I believe Appmon's target is 8+ years old so yeah, we tend to look into it too much lol, but I actually think Appmon did a good job at making me want to think about it. Some other mature anime I watched just straight out give me the feeling "okay it is convenient but accept it, just the way it was"

I watched other digimon seasons so Im familiar with these kinds of plot holes appmon has haha, so it doesnt bother me. For Appmon some plot holes just actually maks sense if we think and theorize about it, altho the show never tells us.

Appmon wants me to believe AI can have feeling, then I will just believe it. One of the point for Leviathan being that way in the ending is to show that L isnt as smart as he thinks he is, and that for an AI that surpass human in intelligence, doesnt mean it can replace humans. L has specifically watvhed over Haru for 4 years, so him being interested in Haru more than other kids is not a surprise
glaceon_cuteOct 15, 2017 3:49 PM
Oct 31, 2017 2:00 AM

Oct 2017
I think they should build better the idea that Leviathan is actually a good guy, to me still feel like he is too radical to be nice, trying to kill children and all that
Feels much more like a good vs evil scenario than just a conflict of opinions

Also, the anime will be much better without the CGI
ABSQUE_o1Oct 31, 2017 2:27 AM
Nov 13, 2017 3:41 PM
Nov 2013
ABSQUE_o1 said:
I think they should build better the idea that Leviathan is actually a good guy, to me still feel like he is too radical to be nice, trying to kill children and all that

Leviathan is not a good guy, at all. He is clearly treated as villain in this series, and he is not capable of feeling "good" or "evil" in the first place. He just knows what is his purpose and what to achieve, doesnt know the concept of right and wrong.

There is no conflict of opinions, what L tries to do is clearly wrong in human's aspect. The show only tries to show the difference between human and AI, by showing the difference of having a heart and not having it.

CGI in appmon is well done than most of anime out there so I have no comment, they give us good battle thanks to that, I would take CGI battle over than the thing they got in Tri.
Nov 17, 2017 3:02 PM
Nov 2016
Guys, tell me why are you supporting this show? Appmon is one of the worst show to ever exist. Its nothing like Digimon. The CGI is godawful, ruined Wargreymon, the characters and villain are terrible. and i'm glad it ended. I don't remember any characters and it's forgettable. Appmon is forgettable. Tri is wayyy better in terms in animation and fights.
Feb 10, 2018 9:53 AM
Jan 2017
Well the end was nice, I was a bit confused on how Yujin is back? like did Haru re-build his programming minus the leviathan part? I feel that would have been worth looking more into as opposed to his long dead grandpa coming back to life.

Now I will say I really like this anime, it's much better than the Spirit Tamer series, but I will admit for atleast half of the digimon, particularly the final boss enemies and musimon evolutions, the CGI was down right nightmarish almost on par with an 80's or 90's anime and that is REALLY bad for a show that not only came out in 2016 but was made by a big time company like toei animation and Bandai.
That is not to say all were bad but still those later half of the cgi models *shudder*

Furthermore, I know they fleshed out his character quite a bit, but I REALLY hated Asuka, I know he works hard and has real goals and shit, but his personality was as annoying as PewDiePie and not even early PewDiePie I mean like current 2014 to now PewDiePie who is more of an annoying douche than anything now.

But those 2 complaints aside I did thoroughly enjoy this show. I also will be watching the Tri series after this once once all 6 movies are finished being dubbed, seeing the hate in the comments here fro multiple episodes, I hope it wont be as bad as people see to make it out to be.
Sep 12, 2018 1:01 PM

May 2016
The theory “Artificial Intelligence suprpassing human intellect” or “Appmon type of Digimon” is probably one of the biggest trends as of late - some might even say it’s over-saturated.So, how do you stand out? Invert it - like this show did.At first, I got mad on how stupid the characther desings were. This was the 'first' non-Digimon anime to have bean compleated and original created by the same company. I'm a huge Digimon fan my self you can say. I still enjoyed the show despite the filler or cringe moments. This is probably my favorite in the Appmon Era so far. I will give the show this. They could have been super lazy and had all the apps based off of pre existing apps. Good to know they are getting creative....

Appmon Chip, Ready! APPLIARIZE!

In case you haven't noticed, Appmon changes quite a bit from past Digimon series, creating its own elements that are independent of those used in past stories. However, the same underlying themes of Mons based on digital technology and partnership still remain.

Consider Appmon and Digimon to be separate in their own way, but the Agumon from ep 45 conffermed that Digimon do co-exted with appmon in some ways or another. The Appmon smartphone calling way was kinda chessy,imo. A lot of my other issues, like the poor writing, terrible CG, terrible digimon design, all of that would still exist, but I probably would find the show still tolerable as long as the characters and the world felt real. However, It still has some good moments and the fights look cool.

Honestly, I think that is mostly Toei's fault. We are in a period where legal streaming of anime is at an all time high to the point that many people have tried to completely stop their pirating all together because we now have better alternatives. Toei refusing to take advantage of that probably reduces the number of potential viewers greatly.

Granted it is possible that it is Nickelodeon's fault as well. They might have made it part of their deal for the localization of it that they can't stream the japanese version, though I think that is stupid because generally speaking you have two different demographics for the japanese and english versions.

Also, I blame the fact that it was just so bad at the start. I think there are a lot of people like myself who tried it and just got burnt out waiting for it to get good.

Also, subbers stop caring for this series and that's probably one one of the issues with them. I'm surprised by how much I like Astra. I hated him when he was first introduced but now I love him, he's really grown on me.Appmon has really great coloring/lighting. The animation is so beautiful sometimes. Appmon’s become my favorite Digimon series and I’m really sad to see it ending. It’s different from every other season, but it’s honestly a really strong season and I love everything about it, I’d strongly urge everyone to at least give it a try. It even got me back to watching Digimon after Hunters almost killed my brain-cells. Even the music is outstanging as hell.

CG; I think the CG in Appmon makes it perfect for a toyline! I remember as a child, toys based on cartoons and anime would always seem a little off, like they were nothing like the characters they were based on. It's because those toys were based on two-dimensional cartoon characters, so of course they'd look weird when made into 3D toys. The CG in Appmon works around that perfectly by just making the Appmon naturally three-dimensional, the toys based around it would exactly like the characters!

Now for some easter eggs: WHY IS THIS SHOW TRYING TO COPYCAT YU-GI-OH! ARC-V?

Shinkai Haru strongly looks like Yuya Sakaki
Karan Eri loks like Yuzu Hiragi
Astra is Shingo Sawatari
Gatchmon is Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
The Afro runing gag guy from the Appmon with the pharase 'no' is somewhat Noboru Gongenzaka
Rei is either Shun Kurosaki or strongly Reiji Akaba
Leviathan is Supreme King Z-ARC

Anyway.NightmareFuel is somewhat accurate for a kids shows.It's later explained by Leviathan's reveal that Yuujin is actually part of him, which doesn't only mean that Yuujin can't live without Leviathan. But also the frightening possibility that all physical damages Leviathan took from Gaiamon and the others, indifferently affected the innocent-all-along Yuujin. Haru might have unintentionally killed the friend he tried to save, sooner than he thought...YJ-14 being a robot from the get go was a shock and foreshadowing.

It's easlily predictable and alot of Season 1 is consitant of filler.Artificial Intelligence suprpassing human intellect is actually what bugs about Leviathan all this time. One, it came from the first 4 episodes and got less used till way at the end. While the cast fells less unrealistic and more sci-fi like. The characterd grow to you really good. While the cringe was bad at first, It ain't all that much as of 2018.

From what I read on the feeds. Appmon was suppose to nothing like Digimon and the creators have bean told menny times that they never wanted this series to happen or make people believe it's a Digimon official series they'd look bad. It's like Yokai watch.

Now, from the premise alone, you might think this is an anime in the same vein as Hunters -I’m sorry, Digimon 02 only worse - where a bland male lead meets a very loud and annoying Digimon. Some says Hunters was far,far worse and this become 2.0

Really, the first of the few problems this show has is that the last arc really feels like it should of bean the real arc - while the setup around the arc is interesting...it just felt a bit too repetitive for my tastes. I don’t mind the ending, but I would’ve preferred it if they had cut things down a bit.

Kotaro is the composer for music along with ( Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V, Code Geass series, Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger, GoGo Sentai Boukenger, Kamen Rider Decade, Kamen Rider W, Kamen Rider OOO, Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Drive. He provided the music for many of the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai tokusatsu shows and films. He even provided the Code Geass music. The music is memorable and even far better than previous series have done. He is a 10/10 composer.

Overall, despite some problems, I still found Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters to be a lot of fun, and I give it an 9 out of 10
Oct 1, 2018 12:31 PM

Oct 2015
I'm not really sure about this, but the way i understood the ending was that everything was planned from day 1, but i mean EVERYTHING, including the moment were L decides to give Haru The choice to save humanity or Yuujin. I'm just saying this because when everything is back to normal, they show an interview with a scientist where he says that a singularity happens when AI surpasses humankind. My first thought was that Minerva/L had everything planned because for humankind to evolve the singularity had to take place.

am i the only one who thought this?
Aug 22, 2019 6:13 PM
Nov 2016
How I hate open and ambiguous endings! Is Yuujin alive? Is he dead? Why is everyone so happy? Haru has just lost his best friend, while Offmon his human buddy. Then why are they that happy? IMO, the ending is quite dark, as that means Haru will keep on having allucinations about his dead friend. If we assume that the data has been wiped out and all the robotic bodies have been destroyed, Haru will never be able to bring his Yuujin back. That's pretty dark considering that Haru would have devoted his life just to recreate and revive his friend who doesn't exist anymore and will never remember his friend. Also, That means they will never see each other again (and that Haru will never fulfill his dream as well!). Basically, no matter what he does or how hard he tries, Haru will never be able to achieve his dream to reunite with Yujin. That's why I like to think that they have managed to bring Yujin back to life somehow (He could have been appliarized as well, just like haru's grandfather). Hopeflly they will make a sequel to Appmon one day.
Jun 11, 2020 10:45 AM

May 2008
To be quite honest, I don't understand the point of making a digimon that isn't digimon. (Though I can understand wanting to move away from the chains of Adventure since its a curse to any season that tries to follow it.) And honestly, Appmon hasn't convinced me of anything, but one thing: Toei can't make a good Digimon show.

Bad:

• Pacing: Like with every single other Digimon season, it's plagued by the same problems as if no one bothered to learn what NOT to do. The pacing of this show is awful. You can EASILY cut half of the episodes and not miss a thing. There's so much fluff that it's ridiculous; it felt like this could have been 24 episodes, not 52. What, did Toei demand every Digimon season have at least 50 episodes? Appmon has the exact same amount of episodes as Adventure and yet does way less than it did. There are multiple times where the plot starts and just suddenly screeches to a halt because they, for some random reason, have to do MORE MOTD eps that I was constantly felt blue-balled. That's not how you get your viewers interested in your story; it actually put me off character-based episodes because I stopped caring about the slice-of-life because I wanted more plot.

• Annoyance Factor: There's annoying and there's Annoying. Appmon is the latter. I can't believe how out of their way they went to make more than half the cast annoying, to make the evolution sequences super annoying and pure cringe. Just when you get used to one, another character that's annoying pops up and it's a real test of patience. Not only that, the repeated usage of catchphrases got old, real quick. To the point where I dreaded episodes involving Astora and Eri and Offmon and nearly EVERY enemy appmon. (Yes, most of the fluff episodes had downright annoying-to-listen-to MOTD and every some that aren't fluff like that cowboy appmon, dear gods I was so happy I didn't have to listen to him anymore.) And to think at first I dreaded just listening to Gatchmon, oh how innocent I was.

The evolution sequences were pure cringe, 100%. I had to skip them just so I didn't have to listen to that nonsense; Denemon's voice is fine when his character is talking but dear gods is it awful hearing it from the Appli Drives and then they have to speed it up and blergh. Never before in Digimon have the evolution sequences been so god awful that I couldn't bear watching them every single time. Not even with Tri's. And Tri is pretty freaking up there on the awfulness scale.

• Repetition: if you have to constantly remind your viewers of information that happened (you'd need two hands, at minimum, to count how often the characters will just randomly infodump something they, and we, already know); have an intro that constantly tells us the world; have a freaking recap episode, your show isn't well written. Simple as. A well written story doesn't need to do this and if they do (because it's legitimately been so long or there's been way too much info since) it's woven in the story in a subtle way not just dumped onto the viewer as if we can't remember the simplest of stories. I noticed Digimon 2020 doing this too. Has Japanese kids gotten stupider since the 00s and 90s? Stop with the infodump intros; they're a waste of time that could be better used to other, better things. Like focus on the details of your story and characters. Or worldbuild in a more natural way.

• 3D/CGI: Cancer. You do get used to it, but I never really enjoyed them. They look ugly and stand out too much for me. I could only imagine how better it'd be if it was all 2D but knowing Toei, the battles would be shite.

• Obviousness: Making it obvious Yuujin was evil from episode ONE simply makes no sense. What point is there to do it over and over? To get viewers interested in that subplot? Well, it makes it more annoying when that particular plot point is continuously hinted at but doesn't come to fruition until episode 4-freaking-7. Don't make that crap so obvious, make it subtle - kids aren't stupid.

• Music: Digimon is known for having a good ost no matter how bad a season is. I suppose Appmon didn't want to follow that either because most of the ost sucked, especially Eri's ED. Just like the rest of the show, the music more annoying or bland than good. Only Be My Light (insert) and DiVE (1st OP) are the good shit.

Good:

• Plot: But, when the plot is moving, Appmon isn't bad. The plot and the ideas embedded in it are interesting and enjoyable to the point where if you isolate the plot from the all the fluff, it's one of the better written plotlines (above 02 and Shounen Hunter-tachi levels, at least). The main issue with the plot is mostly the pacing, some ideas never got the full attention that it crippled the story they were trying to tell.

• Some Characters: Namely, Rei, Hackmon, Haru and Yuujin. All the non-annoying characters. Though all of them had great development, it's just too bad it between a lot of boring or annoying fluff, because Appmon did do a better job than say Frontier or 02. I found myself surprised to like even one of Eri's character episodes; when she isn't saying her catchphrase every two minutes, she's not a bad character at all. Really, the ones I didn't care for are Musimon and Astora who I couldn't get into. Much too annoying, especially Musimon's voice. Also found myself surprised that I ended up liking Hajime. When he first appeared I dismissed him off as an idiot kid, but he isn't - perhaps that was how Rei saw him, so we got a based flashback, so that's neat.

• The Concept of Chosen Children: Heck, yeah, the show managed to please that piece of me. Appmon's Chosen Children are truly chosen and while there's the question of why Eri and Astora over everyone else, we see that Minvera and Leviathan are constantly watching humans through technology and it's believable that out of everyone in the city, these two fit best with Haru. It doesn't feel like a random decision like in other seasons, because despite how annoying they are, Rei, Eri and Astora do fill roles that Haru and Yuujin could not. (And surprisingly Ai never got chosen. You know in other shows she would have, I'm glad she didn't.) That we see Yuujin get chosen is a nice touch too because it gave me the feeling that each choice had a purpose unlike in other seasons where it tends to feel like because they simply didn't want to have characters who don't have a digimon.

In the end, Appmon could have had potential but they made too kiddy, tried to be "hello, fellow kids" and didn't seem to know how to pad out 52 episodes - all of it leading to just another bad season on Digimon's profile. If I want A.I. companions that help fight with their chosen humans to protect their world from the baddies in the digital world, I'd just watch Rockman.EXE. It's better done and doesn't (always) treat their audience like idiots.

As for the world, I don't know if we need more of Digimon Universe, tbh. The story nor Appmon's world doesn't need anything added extra like Adventure. New seasons that stray away from the mold of Adventure are more than welcomed, as long as that new mold doesn't become Appmon or Tamers or any past season. That and I like Digimon as Digimon. Give us the sci-fi or medieval or the supernatural or whatever, as long as I can look at it and say "Yup that looks like Digimon" not "uh, is this Digimon or Rockman.EXE?"
Jul 25, 2020 6:38 AM

Oct 2017
What a masterpiece of Digimon serie which the spotlight got overtaken by Digimon Tri. (Tri is a complete dumpster fire)
If I have to use one sentence to describe this serie, is this is a show on service level catered and aiming to kids, however have enough insight and theme for adults to fully enjoy and appreciate the show.

It's such a controversy approach because it may ended up driving away both side of audience if they didn't give enough patience to sit through the whole show and digest the theme and characters. The show try to go through deep and dark theme with flamboyant kid-vibe presentation. It never tries to be overly dark and edgy, yet it doesn't shy away from discuss about dark and serious topic.

I didn't expect they'd actually pick a bitter sweet type of end in an supposedly kid oriented show. That last choice is like the ending of Nier Automata, but demonstrate even better than Nier because it has 52 episodes worth of episodes to buildup the relationship.

Not to mention this is the first Digimon serie to feature REAL gay relationship in a Digimon serie (It's not just fanfic or implied gayness like other Digimon series, but real affection).
On multiple occasion Haru and Yujin confess to each other, and they really treat each other like precious lovers.

The 5 main protagonists of this series are all went through amazing development and chemistry. Each of the casts have amazing backstory and character arcs to flash out their ideal, personality, goal, and affection, and none of them are really left out.
People said Violet Evergarden is good, but the ONLY character that has enough screen time for development is Violet herself. All the side characters feels empty in the end and does not give me any lasting impression because of how short it is.

The pacing of this serie is great too. The only episodes I feel unnecessary / boring/ filler-ish is ep1~6 , before the side characters showed up. It's a shame too because I almost want to drop the serie before like episodes 7 which it finally becomes really good , and getting better and better each episode. The weak start of the serie probably drive away countless audience to endure through the whole show because most people only have patient as thin as 3 episodes for an anime.

This show is criminally underrated and underwatched because it is bound by the IP "Digimon", and bound of the entitlement of being a "kid show" , despite go through meaningful character arcs and theme.

Sadily, the "old Digimon fans" will complain about this serie not being "Digimon-like", and the new fans will not even look at the show because of the initial "kid-like" show on the surface level.

Well I'm glad I gave this serie a try and find a real hidden gem not many have discovered.
This serie rivals the original Digimon adventure 01 , which none of the later in between series come close to giving me a lasting impact.
Ventus_SOct 7, 2020 6:39 PM
Jul 25, 2020 6:54 AM

Oct 2017
glaceon_cute said:
ABSQUE_o1 said:

Leviathan is not a good guy, at all. He is clearly treated as villain in this series, and he is not capable of feeling "good" or "evil" in the first place. He just knows what is his purpose and what to achieve, doesnt know the concept of right and wrong.

There is no conflict of opinions, what L tries to do is clearly wrong in human's aspect. The show only tries to show the difference between human and AI, by showing the difference of having a heart and not having it.

CGI in appmon is well done than most of anime out there so I have no comment, they give us good battle thanks to that, I would take CGI battle over than the thing they got in Tri.

CGI is done better with later Digimons.
The first 20~ish episodes CGI is so awful to look at it's kinda sad this may drive away many initial Digimon audience too.
The fuse form and the old entrance villains' CGI is just so bad XD.

Anyway this whole show is much better than 02, 04 , and 06 for sure. (never bother to watch 05 though)
Sep 13, 2020 4:07 PM

Jun 2017
One of the better digimon series out of the four I've seen. I still think tamers would be my favourite, but I haven't seen it in years. I agree with above poster, it's a shame the series was somewhat ignored as a result of Tri and the weird parts (character designs + CGI). I wasn't a fan of the cgi at first but when they went all out like in the last episodes fight scenes it achieved what I think couldn't have been done using 2d designs.
Feb 4, 2022 5:31 AM

Feb 2020
It was a pretty emotional finale, but the final battle wasn't anything amazing.

I'm glad Yujin came back after all. :)

Overall, this season wasn't so great. I expected something better. I got fooled by those 9/10 reviews. Never trust reviews, MAL scores or other people's opinions too much.

The story didn't really hit me. The characters were also more or less boring except for Eri, who is now actually one of my favorite female characters in this whole franchise.

However, this was still better than 02, Tri., or Ghost Game.

SerafosApr 3, 9:13 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

10 by Pinguinaa »»
Sep 24, 2022 11:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 51 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2017

9 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 4:51 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:41 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 3:16 AM

Poll: » Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters Episode 48 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

11 by Serafos »»
Feb 4, 2022 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.