Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2017 6:00 PM

Oct 2014
150 is too low how about making it 1500 or something bigger.
Aug 23, 2017 7:56 PM
Nov 2015
Seems like a silly recommendation, I would assume the only reason for not making it larger is for database size because they would store the topicid of every single ignored thread you had. It's plausible to do this but mot people don't even ignore threads hence not too much demand for it.

On the flip side not too many people ignore threads therefore it wouldn't eat up a bunch of db space
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Aug 24, 2017 8:00 PM
Nov 2015
psycho said:
-----noname----- said:
Seems like a silly recommendation, I would assume the only reason for not making it larger is for database size because they would store the topicid of every single ignored thread you had. It's plausible to do this but mot people don't even ignore threads hence not too much demand for it.

On the flip side not too many people ignore threads therefore it wouldn't eat up a bunch of db space
it's annoying seeing forums clogged up on 1/2 pages by the same person or people every single second with threads i don't even care about
for example: episode discussions & forum games etc, i'm only interested in ad & cd, i've already used up most my ignores & think his idea is decent tbh

I'm probably not the target audience for this suggestion I gues. I still stand by that it's probably just a db size issue.
Stein's Gate is the worst anime of all time.
Aug 24, 2017 11:28 PM

Nov 2014
150 seems like a lot tbh. Most topics die after few days so you are supposed to clear your list. If you just keep adding more and more than even 10k won't be enough.

psycho said:

for example: episode discussions & forum games etc, i'm only interested in ad & cd, i've already used up most my ignores & think his idea is decent tbh

I never used to, so no idea how it works, but there is "ignore board" button.
Aug 25, 2017 2:32 AM

Oct 2014
Terkhev said:
150 seems like a lot tbh. Most topics die after few days so you are supposed to clear your list. If you just keep adding more and more than even 10k won't be enough.

psycho said:

I never used to, so no idea how it works, but there is "ignore board" button.

you can't ignore episode discussions because series discussions section isn't a board.
Aug 25, 2017 6:13 AM

Oct 2015
well, maybe they'll make it another perk for MAL-subscribers ...

You can get to 150 entries easily - like I had the idea to ignore each topic in the recommendations section that explicitly asks for manga, just so I do not accidentally write in them. soon gave that idea up. :D

But yes, one can go and more or less safely delete all those topics under "ignored" that have their last post in 2016 / 3 months ago/ ultimately got locked anyways/ ...
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Aug 26, 2017 7:58 AM

Mar 2014
I don't understand the ignore feature in the first place.
You can simply un-watch a topic, can't you? Then you won't get notifications for it anymore, and it'd be easy enough to ignore...
::End of Transmission::

Jun 23, 2023 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
Now the limit is 300, which is also quite low.
Apr 30, 6:30 AM

Sep 2019
Reply to vigorousjammer
I don't understand the ignore feature in the first place.
You can simply un-watch a topic, can't you? Then you won't get notifications for it anymore, and it'd be easy enough to ignore...
I guess, but what happens if a user replies to you / mentions you? I recently met a forum user who, rather than waste time replying/arguing with people, ends up deleting their comments shortly after a few days. Perhaps if they set the topic to be ignored, they truly won't get notifications for it anymore, no mentions, no replies?
Did you know that Notes are public? How do you personally use them?
Cast your vote and add a reply to this suggestion to let the devs know:
Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

68 by Shion_Rosenheim »»
1 hour ago

» Loosen Review Guidelines

Unrighteous - May 6

1 by Autonomia »»
1 hour ago

» The Beginning After The End Manhwa

D4rK_Br0Ly - May 19, 2023

4 by machy871 »»
Yesterday, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Reduce Club Message Cooldown from 1 week to 6 days.

fluffycow17 - Jul 26, 2022

4 by fluffycow17 »»
Yesterday, 1:45 PM

» Advanced Search Option: Filter by Streaming Service

nighm - May 18

0 by nighm »»
May 18, 6:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.