Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 27, 2021 6:42 PM
Apr 2021
That's it folks! Ai has finally stopped being Jigoku Shoujo and Michiru finally became Jigoku Shoujo. This is the end. All things must come to an end. No more seasons.

I don't really know. Maybe we'll see new seasons about Michiru but it's more likely that won't happen.
Apr 27, 2021 6:50 PM
Apr 2021
yani_senpai said:
Sooo is Ai going to continue and now there's two Hell Girls?? wtf...She has to work as hell girl forever according to the end of mitsuganae, so now we just have two?

Animation was better than some of the episodes of this season got but wasn't anything too phenomenal.

The tarnished mound is literally the only episode I skip when I rewatch the past seasons so I'm not hyped about that getting rehashed in the least.

No. Ai will go to heaven. Ai's crew disbanded so that's it. It will only be Michiru and Yamawaro.
Apr 27, 2021 7:04 PM
Apr 2021
MikazukiRanbu said:
The stories felt random with people in the stories being unrealistically cruel.

Well here's the truth. Gangsters, gold diggers, sexual perverts, control freaks, thuggish physical bullies, cruel emotional verbal bullies, and murderous school bullies do exist.
Apr 27, 2021 7:07 PM
Apr 2021
PCS1881 said:

Seriously, where is the rehash when you change the most iconic character of the show with someone who is clearly different?

Not really. This is the end. No more Jigoku Shoujo.
Apr 27, 2021 7:17 PM
Apr 2021
MomoSinX said:

My guess is that there 2 hell girls now since Ai's eyes are still red which implies she didn't become human again.

Enma Ai's eyes has always been red from the time she was born. Watch her backstory. As a human, her red eyes were normal.

Anyways, there won't be two Hell girls cause Ai has done her job and Ai's crew disbanded. Ichimoku Ren confirmed it when he said that he will miss their days of working together.
May 9, 2021 3:49 AM

Nov 2015
Sargon_Torchrise said:
No. Ai will go to heaven. Ai's crew disbanded so that's it. It will only be Michiru and Yamawaro.

We're really out here trying to start discourse over comments that are like 4-6 years old? About a 'mediocre at best fourth season of an anime'? As much as I loved most of this series, I genuinely forgot about this season's existence until you replied to a 5 year old forum post. So you want discourse? Here's your discourse.

Sargon_Torchrise said:
MomoSinX said:

My guess is that there 2 hell girls now since Ai's eyes are still red which implies she didn't become human again.

Enma Ai's eyes has always been red from the time she was born. Watch her backstory. As a human, her red eyes were normal.

This is just easily debunked and untrue. You can literally check the wiki and see images of her human eyes being brown.

Sargon_Torchrise said:
Well here's the truth. Gangsters, gold diggers, sexual perverts, control freaks, thuggish physical bullies, cruel emotional verbal bullies, and murderous school bullies do exist.

No one said they didn't. There's a difference between being realistic and being overblown. Many seasons of Hell Girl are very good at potraying realistic cruelty without being overly unbelievable. As I said I don't remember this season that well at all because it's not worth remembering, but I do remember that not all potrayals of these situations felt in any way realistic or viable like you're pretending they do. They're not saying these things aren't real, they're saying they aren't potrayed realistically. A lot of Hell Girl is top tier anime, but this season was mediocre. That's okay.

Ultimately, no one seems to be quite clear about whether or not Ai has passed on or continues to work side by side with the new Hell Girl. It's debated on just about every forum I can find about the ending. Chill out, man.
Nov 12, 2022 8:49 PM
Dec 2017
this series is going to be back one of these days just wait.

Feb 25, 2023 10:15 AM

Nov 2010
I like Michiru's dimension. The Taisho era looks awesome!
I wonder why she had to kill her father in the end. She ended up going to prison for it as well. Since those couples are going to hell someday, they should make things count and spend their remaining time with each other. 7/10
Aug 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Sep 2017
And in the end, we never got to see Ai's grandmother
This season was just them milking the series to death
خ
Nov 20, 2023 5:12 PM
Mar 2016
Terrible end to a once interesting show. Rushed and pointless and only making things more bitter and halfhearted. The gall of the writers to claim that michiru or Ai had any sin to atone for. Yeah you torture and burn some kid and her family alive and then have the balls to say that anything some crazy spirit explosion of her rage did was wrong? Yeah no fuck off. Anyone that was interesting in this show was left half explored or completely ignored. Why even waste our time with this season, what a joke.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

67 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 20, 2023 11:24 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

68 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

124 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:06 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

45 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi no Togi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2017

112 by Fatephile »»
Aug 14, 2023 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.