Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 14, 2017 11:52 PM
Mar 2014
zealith7 said:
Grey-Zone said:

If it was only about discrimination itself it would be fine, but the discriminated groups are often isolated by only interactiving among themselves and tend not to be in good shape economically. For example, the whole arguments involving "racial inequality" keep the focus of the discussions on race and how people should feel guilt and shame or pride just for having a certain skin color. That will never fix the problems of isolation and economic low for black people, simply because they are treated like some "spcial case that requires special care" instead of being treated individually as a human being.

Maybe you should instead just stop obsessing about the whole "left" and "right" thing. People interpret it however it's convenient for them anyway.
Dunno man. I tried my best to explain but you don't quite get what I'm talking about. Oh well.
I said what was needed to be said already.
Like literally everything.
Either people didn't read, understand or just chose to ignore what I wrote, I assume.
And I don't think I can bother arguing again since no one really wants to accept the fact that they could be wrong at all.
I think you're the one who fails to accept the fact that he could be wrong at all. I won't get into it, but try thinking about it a little.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Aug 14, 2017 11:54 PM
Mar 2014
Yomiyuki said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Yomiyuki is a white Mexican (Mexican of European descent) that dislikes brown Mexicans (mestizos) and possibly other non whites. There is nothing incorrect about Bacardi-x-Cola calling Yomiyuki a white person considering he is a white person and heavily enjoys white culture. The fact that he is also latino doesn't make him not white.

Here he talks about his love of white culture and how he wouldn't marry a Mexican girl.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1650777

nice job taking what i said out of context.
a mexican is a mexican.
background doesn't matter.
and that thread was about race mixing, i don't plan on marrying a mexican girl, but i don't mean that i would be heavily against it.
i've even made countless posts about how much i dislike the euro-mexicans that discriminate heavily against mestizos, which btw is even more common and accepted than white-on-black discrimination in the U.S.
He said I hate all Muslims because I'm a right-wing jew a while back. Identity politics are really quite garbage. And yes, I'm talking to you too.
Rinth said:

Aug 14, 2017 11:59 PM

Apr 2014
spuukiebuugi said:
Altairius said:
The guy who drove his car through people was having his car hit by baseball bats just before doing so.

Your excuse again smells like bullshit.
The fact that he had his car in the middle of a crowd was suspicious enough in the first place, the motive seems crystal clear to me.
Or are you just sad that your little nazi cronies are being as violent as antifa?

I'm sure you would have been real careful if your car was being attacked by Nazis with bats. Watch, the court will determine it's manslaughter at most, and the media will just move on from the story.

Antifa explicitly supports and commits violence constantly, even against reporters. I listen to the main guys on the Alt Right, and they constantly say "don't do anything illegal". The fact that you're pretending there is some equivalence proves you're not some "fair centrist".
Aug 15, 2017 12:06 AM
Feb 2014
Altairius said:
spuukiebuugi said:

Your excuse again smells like bullshit.
The fact that he had his car in the middle of a crowd was suspicious enough in the first place, the motive seems crystal clear to me.
Or are you just sad that your little nazi cronies are being as violent as antifa?

I'm sure you would have been real careful if your car was being attacked by Nazis with bats. Watch, the court will determine it's manslaughter at most, and the media will just move on from the story.

Antifa explicitly supports and commits violence constantly, even against reporters. I listen to the main guys on the Alt Right, and they constantly say "don't do anything illegal". The fact that you're pretending there is some equivalence proves you're not some "fair centrist".

Why did he even go near the crowd in the first place is what the real question is.
Aug 15, 2017 12:09 AM

Sep 2012
omfgplzstop said:
Yomiyuki said:
nice job taking what i said out of context.
a mexican is a mexican.
background doesn't matter.
and that thread was about race mixing, i don't plan on marrying a mexican girl, but i don't mean that i would be heavily against it.
i've even made countless posts about how much i dislike the euro-mexicans that discriminate heavily against mestizos, which btw is even more common and accepted than white-on-black discrimination in the U.S.
He said I hate all Muslims because I'm a right-wing jew a while back. Identity politics are really quite garbage. And yes, I'm talking to you too.

i thought that was swirly that told you that.
identity politics are necessary in some way when the need arises.
the left does this very wrongly, and i'd say some of the right in the U.S. have more understandable reasons for using them, but not as badly as europe has.
the right also takes hits from people like andrew anglin poisoning legitimate right wing movements, so this spurs on people accusing them of identity politics too.
though im not sure if you mean that i use identity politics and it's bad?

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Aug 15, 2017 1:22 AM
Mar 2014
Yomiyuki said:
omfgplzstop said:

i thought that was swirly that told you that.
identity politics are necessary in some way when the need arises.
the left does this very wrongly, and i'd say some of the right in the U.S. have more understandable reasons for using them, but not as badly as europe has.
the right also takes hits from people like andrew anglin poisoning legitimate right wing movements, so this spurs on people accusing them of identity politics too.
though im not sure if you mean that i use identity politics and it's bad?
nah, swirly thinks i'm an american zionist who wants to kill palestinian children iirc

no, they are not. Identity politics are not necessary. They create divisiveness and phantoms. Focus on values. The reason I don't want open borders for Israel is not because I only want it to have jews in it, I don't. I have friends who are not jewish, I could not care less about their ethnicity. I don't want open borders because the countries surrounding us contain populations whose hatred for us and desire to destroy the country are polling at astounding percentages, and also because of the fact that jews specifically have been persecuted throughout history over and over again and it's led me to be very paranoid about losing the jewish majority that makes Israel a safe haven for jews. So I don't want groups that are not jewish to become the majority only because I'm terrified of history repeating itself, regardless of likelihood.

America is the best country for jews alongside (and possibly more than) israel, for example, because of its values, not because it was "created by whites." It's fine if you think whites are the ones who came up with these values and should be credited for them (which could be false depending on your definition of "whites" and where you think the values came from, but I won't get into it), but to value their whiteness over those values is sheer asininity. Other whites created it in the past, not all whites are the whites who created them, and the kinds of people who would try to take credit for those values because of their ethnicity would certainly not be capable of creating them. I care about jewish culture, so i'll defend it based on its values, not because it's the culture of the jews. I'm not going to deny any non-jewish person the right to appreciate it or benefit from it. that'd be the same as saying non-japanese have no right to or cannot appreciate japanese culture.

Again, I fear groups that are not jewish in Israel becoming the majority only because anti-semitism (a value/idea) never seems to go away. Kind of similar to other derivatives of Marxism like identity politics. I specifically fear Muslim groups, because very large numbers of Muslims have declared outright they want to murder jews or impose muslim law on Israel. Their values are at odds with my own, which can be summed up as a belief in maximum freedom from coercion by others and in the pursuit of truth. But I don't judge any individual based on their ethnicity or what they identify as, only based on their values and ideas, and I'd much rather be fighting anti-semitism than Muslims.

I do mean that, but I don't mean that you use it to the same extent as some other people--I haven't paid enough attention to know whether that's true. I'm guilty of succumbing to tribalism too sometimes. Acknowledging one group of people is statistically more likely to do something is not identity politics. The latter tries to confine people to their group.

white nationalists either forget that the people responsible for a lot of horrors throughout history were also white or pretend that they weren't, i.e. altairius excusing 20th century stuff with "jewish bolshevism." and you know it's pointless to argue about it (don't worry altairius, i'll probably still type up a response to some of the other stuff you said) because their ideology has completely consumed their thought process. even if i explained to him that israel was not given to jews by anyone and that the early zionists fought and suffered heavy casualties for it, he will insist that it was given to them by white people and that i'm distorting history. Or he'll find another excuse for why jews managed to build and maintain a civilization despite massive obstacles without being "white," probably involving aid from "white countries"--nevermind that the US actually supported the Arabs in 1956 and only started interfering in favor of Israel in 1973--because the Arabs were trained and supplied by the Soviets and also because Nixon feared a desperate Israel going nuclear.

I agree with you that the right takes hits when the media tries to associate them with people like Anglin. That's a byproduct of identity politics, and it's one of the things helping movements like white nationalism grow by, for example, driving some people to defend what they think is the "alt-right" in a kneejerk reaction. I think it's ironic considering the alt-right openly rejects constitutional conservatism.

but yeah, bottom line is that you should unite under values, not race. those kinds of characteristics are pretty meaningless if you don't convince yourself that race denotes values, which is identity politics or neo/cultural marxism and has led, like any other iteration of marxism--and by that i mean the idea of different classes, oppressors and oppressed--to many catastrophes.
omfgplzstopAug 15, 2017 1:42 AM
Rinth said:

Aug 15, 2017 1:32 AM
Jul 2018
Nico- said:
Bacardi-x-Cola said:
I've been proven wrong, clearly white people like @Yomiyuki rule the world so I'll stop trying, my dumbass has nothing worth saying, so I'll stfu,hopefully I can find a place for myself before Kim kills us all.

Oh wait...

Pretty sure Yomiyuki is Latino. What are you going to do next, call him a race traitor for not hating white people?

DUH! Fucking spic can't hate white people!? That idiot, that gringo needs to learn some sense.
Aug 15, 2017 1:52 AM

Apr 2014
omfgplzstop said:
but yeah, bottom line is that you should unite under values, not race. those kinds of characteristics are pretty meaningless if you don't convince yourself that race denotes values, which is identity politics or neo/cultural marxism and has led, like any other iteration of marxism--and by that i mean the idea of different classes, oppressors and oppressed--to many catastrophes.

The problem is when only whites do that and every other race shows zero indication of doing so, in general. Who wins, the team that only passes to their own team, or the team who passes at random? This sort of collectivist mindset might be less natural for whites, but a lot of them move toward the Alt Right as a defensive posture.
Aug 15, 2017 1:55 AM
Mar 2011
sink coulr does not = race that s fact

"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Aug 15, 2017 2:14 AM

Jun 2016
why won't they just arrest all of them, this is just sick.
Aug 15, 2017 2:57 AM
Mar 2014
Altairius said:
omfgplzstop said:

The problem is when only whites do that and every other race shows zero indication of doing so, in general. Who wins, the team that only passes to their own team, or the team who passes at random? This sort of collectivist mindset might be less natural for whites, but a lot of them move toward the Alt Right as a defensive posture.
I don't disagree with all of that. The point remains, though, that you should not exclude blacks who share your values just because a large portion of other blacks don't. Thomas Sowell is a figure I have immense respect for and share values with, I would not be able to come across him and benefit from his work if he was distanced from western civilization or western civilization distanced itself from him.

You won't benefit from rejecting the people at the top because of the people at the bottom if those people at the bottom aren't bothering you, and there will always be people at the bottom who suffer from the same issues, even if a certain population suffers more often. I don't think you'd benefit from rejecting all jews and their contributions because a lot of them believe in leftism either. In the first place, societies are not advanced by a majority of their population. It's always a minority that makes the most progress. And crime seems to be solved by handling the same things--crime enforcement, segregation and a lack of a proper family structure, as a few examples.

Besides--the black community agrees with the right on a lot more than they do with the left, if you look at polls. It's only this asinine idea of rampant racism that is constantly pandered to (also by whites) that they support and pushes them towards the rest of it, and you see the same happen with a lot of women supporting or defending feminism because they think it speaks for them.

Then there's stuff like the Flynn effect which I already mentioned--since absolute usefulness/abstract problem solving skills are growing in modernized societies, I don't think it should matter if you're lower on average if you're still high enough to be useful. Assuming I accept your premise that blacks have lower IQ than "whites," accepting your definition of whites, on average due to solely genetics, which is a messy subject I won't get into (or maybe later), as well as that IQ is the sole predictor of your value to a society.

The argument I respect the most from you is the ethnic diversity results in conflict one, but it's precisely why I think people should unite under common values of individualism instead of separating into groups. I bring up the Druze a lot, and they're a tiny community so idk how good an example they are, but there's no violent conflict between them and the jewish population because they believe in the same values of human rights, and any small conflicts I might he unaware of are far outweighed by their contribution to society.

The reason I strongly oppose multiculturaism and negligent border policies are that they do not assert you must share the country's values. They don't demand you assimilate. This creates conflict and hurts those important values.

By the way, I'm not at all against individuals having pride in their ethnicity or heritage, I think it can be fun and nice and everything--I like jewish heritage and think it's really cool that jews have been involved in so much or have this history of persecution and survived, and even feel connected to that history because of how Israel's treated. But I utterly and completely object to letting it define who you are, or who anyone else is.
omfgplzstopAug 16, 2017 4:18 AM
Rinth said:

Aug 15, 2017 3:41 AM

Jul 2015
Aynyan said:
why won't they just arrest all of them, this is just sick.

Maybe because they had permition to march and didn't caused riots and general violance that trash like antifa and blm usually does.
Aug 15, 2017 4:02 AM

Apr 2017
This is distracting us from the real topic we should be discussing, the fact that some SICK FUCKS don't enjoy pineapples on their pizza.Those are the real scum of the earth.
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Aug 15, 2017 4:18 AM
Mar 2014
koolkai_123 said:
This is distracting us from the real topic we should be discussing, the fact that some SICK FUCKS don't enjoy pineapples on their pizza.Those are the real scum of the earth.
nice meme
i appreciate it
Rinth said:

Aug 15, 2017 5:51 AM

Jan 2011
This pic is fucking great.

Actually good video from vice.
LJohnAug 15, 2017 6:14 AM
Aug 16, 2017 10:46 AM

Sep 2014
omfgplzstop said:
zealith7 said:
Dunno man. I tried my best to explain but you don't quite get what I'm talking about. Oh well.
I said what was needed to be said already.
Like literally everything.
Either people didn't read, understand or just chose to ignore what I wrote, I assume.
And I don't think I can bother arguing again since no one really wants to accept the fact that they could be wrong at all.
I think you're the one who fails to accept the fact that he could be wrong at all. I won't get into it, but try thinking about it a little.
Yeah that response won't do. I've assessed the situation, I don't have a personal or emotional bias, I've gone through sources, I've heard the opinions of the intellectuals and the delusionals, your reply doesn't enlighten me to new truths at all.
JonyJC said:
This pic is fucking great.

Actually good video from vice.

Yeah, very informative documentary for sure.
The world is not beautiful - and that, in a way, lends it a sort of beauty.
-Kino, Kino's Journey

My Anime List- http://myanimelist.net/animelist/zealith7
Aug 16, 2017 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
20:00 - 20:40 from the Vice documentary.

The way he went about justifying it was incredibly frightening.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.