Forum Settings
Forums

Micro Game v1: Eeveelution Mafia | Game Over - Town Eevees Win !

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2010
Floofs said:
RE1031 said:

I mean to go after coro by voting her, but I don't have a strong case, and I prefer to go after someone who already has votes on them (I feel it's more productive that way). The reason I had my eye on both of them was the ironace deal, but coro was more involved, so that's what I meant by "prefer." But, Luna actually hasn't said much, so I now prefer this vote more anyway.

This doesn't make any sense to me. By prefer, it sounds like you mean that you have a stronger scum lean on coro than luna. Wouldn't you vote your stronger scum lean?
That is kind of what I was getting at as well. Also if she felt stronger about coro she could have voted there and asked others to vote with her like I did with ironace.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Aug 4, 2017 10:23 AM

Jan 2010
ironace said:
mfw somebody calls me low hanging fruit
Sorry it isn't meant as a slight. It's just much easier for mafia and by extension town to mislynch newer players based on them not really understanding what is and isn't townie. I was told in my early games that I mad scummy things look townie because people figured I was new town but was scumming it up.

Aug 4, 2017 10:31 AM

May 2014
ironace said:

lmao! x3

logic340 said:
Ruu said:
@logic340 I think you are tpr. There.. I said it. I already mentioned that there was a comment from you talking about "if I was town" that gave me an idea. If you are tpr then that is a way to "townread" you. I personally think tpr is not a killing role this time but I could be wrong. If tpr is not bad for town then they can be seen as a "confirmed townie".
Nope this isn't what I was getting at. I wish I had rolled Jester but alas that didn't happen. I was actually hoping to be facing a little heat early so I could get reads off people that way before I drop my information.

Then maybe you know who the TPR is in this game?

If it's something else, I have no clue what your hint means.

@Luna
Why does it matter whether ironace has seen your question or not?

Luna said:
logic340 said:
2. Why would I encourage him to vote for people I though were null, town, or didn't have enough information on? Should I have been encouraging him to join your train?

Like I said, everyone should form their own opinions. What's the point of telling someone to vote for player X? You can bring your case against player X and if someone agrees they will join the train. But telling someone to vote player X seems just fishy to me.

I agree with this.
Especially at the beginning of the game - it's different when it's coming from someone who's confirmed as town.

Aug 4, 2017 10:31 AM

Jan 2010

1. Sorry about that you did post the question on page 1. Now it still brings me to my question what does him missing it or asking the question again tell you about his alignment?
2. No he didn't do much before but to be fair it was like somewhere between 1am and 2am on that side of the world. I thought he was asleep before then. Now that he is back we should try to get him more engaged. I know a lot of players who don't like asking questions. Karote is a great example of this even as Conf!Town that guy barely contributes at least in a way we would really consider contribution. Everyone brings their own methods it's up to us to figure them out. If someone gets lynched for the same reasons every game is it their fault or the people lynching them?
3. Well I will look forward to Abu's answer there and it's a decent question should lead some interactions between you both.
4. Even in this current MS meta I think some of the views are outdated which is why I like to play around with NL. It's something that generally causes a reaction in town and scum either stay away or jump on trying to look townie. This is where I start looking at motive as opposed to just which side you are on.
5. While I agree these is a bit of democracy going on here. So sometimes there needs to be compromise. Also if we all come to our own conclusions and that lands us on 9 different people with 1 vote each what did we achieve? So yes I will always s encourage people to vote with me when I am confident in my reads. I surely wouldn't want him voting a town read would I?

Aug 4, 2017 10:36 AM

Jan 2010
Luna said:
logic340 said:

If a lynch doesn't happen and a night kill does we get pretty much the same information though. Again based on my experience mislynches don't actually give town much information other than the person who flipped. I found that in Robot Mafia town didn't use the information to their advantage not that it isn't there so how do you make sure we use the information from a mislynch in a productive way? I would rather save a life and keep mafia away front heir wincon then to give them a life for possible information. I feel like you defeated your own argument with the bolded because isn't all of that information that will at some point be available. Mafia only get 1 night kill they cannot restrict our information as much as you are letting on.

I caught her bending the truth which is something I feel benefits mafia more than town. though she did admit to it which makes me feel a bit better but that is how she got me last time doing things I didn't expect scum to do. There's also the fact that she hasn't really given a read on me when I know she is good at reading me. She nails me as scum it's happened multiple times.

Red_Salmon just got out of a game with Town Abu. I have played two games with town Abu recently and his weird appearance is pretty much just Abu. Not really enough to go either way but his first post honestly gave me town Abu vibes.

If someone flips and you know their alignment upon death you can make a VCA (vote count analysis). This can help find the non town related players. Sure you can analyze the votes even if someone doesn't get lynched, but since you don't know their alignment there's not much you can do with it, vca gets more effective the more information about dead players is known.
Considering the small setup there's probably 2 mafia and 1 tpr and they all have abilities. Some town roles might also have abilities that can for example block or redirect and they might use it on another townie. I generally don't like relying too much on abilities in games, especially when they're not known like here.

Could you give me the posts in which Ruu said these things?
All that lynch proves is the person was town. What if everyone on the lynch train was town. Sure we can look through the train but it really doesn't help us anymore or less than going through any other train after any other flip. People have argued that a NK doesn't offer as much information but everything that happens offers information it's just whether we figure it out or not. I like to use VCA but honestly they only really work near end game after you have 4 dead townies in them or if you catch scum and use them afterwards to find partners. I can rely on my ability but only as it helps me to assist town or give town information. I was a redirector once and knew I was going to fuck with town results so I gave up my role so that town could figure things out without being confused. I will end up doing the same thing here it's just a matter of when. I am looking for the opportune time. Though it may have passed since I am not facing any real pressure here.

"Could you give me the posts in which Ruu said these things?" - What do you mean? What did I say about Ruu here?

Anyway I am not going for no lynch I am going for a scum lynch care to join me?

Aug 4, 2017 10:41 AM

Nov 2015
Vote Count 1.3

Ironace (2): Coromandel, Luna
Luna (2): RE1031, AbuHumaid

Logic340 (1): Ironace
RE1041 (1): Ruu

Not Voting (3): Floofs, Red_Salmon, Logic340

Eevee fun fact: Eevee's English name was originally going to be "Eon." Though this was
changed, it can still be seen in the names of its evolutions.

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Aug 4, 2017 10:44 AM

Jan 2010
coromandel said:
ironace said:

lmao! x3

logic340 said:
Nope this isn't what I was getting at. I wish I had rolled Jester but alas that didn't happen. I was actually hoping to be facing a little heat early so I could get reads off people that way before I drop my information.

Then maybe you know who the TPR is in this game?

If it's something else, I have no clue what your hint means.

@Luna
Why does it matter whether ironace has seen your question or not?

Luna said:

Like I said, everyone should form their own opinions. What's the point of telling someone to vote for player X? You can bring your case against player X and if someone agrees they will join the train. But telling someone to vote player X seems just fishy to me.

I agree with this.
Especially at the beginning of the game - it's different when it's coming from someone who's confirmed as town.
Alright then I guess now is as good a time as any....

@Togs
I am an innocent child. Togs will reveal me in the thread shortly.

Aug 4, 2017 10:46 AM

Jan 2010
So the reason I am doing this now is because I don't really feel like I am going to face any real pressure here. I have some people questioning my motives but nothing that feels like a train will form on me which would have been nice to go through. I feel like having a Conf!Town will make it easier for town because now the rest of you should only have 7 people in your PoE instead of the 8 I am faced with.

@ironace can I get you to move that vote now?

Aug 4, 2017 10:47 AM

May 2014
@Red_Salmon
Is there anyone who seems scummy to you?

ironace said:
ya'll leaving me alone again ;-;

You're not alone. :3
Is there anyone you suspect atm?

logic340 said:
coromandel said:

@logic340
I think you're reading too much into Ruu's #37.

So she hasn't played that game, but what would scum-Ruu gain from lying about this? I think this is NAI.

Not really, there are some parts that feel like they're coming from a town-mindset (refusal to reply looks like stubborn town, because in general, I feel scum are trying to stay on people's good side). But his post about NL seems pretty passive, and I'm sensing a lack of interest when it comes to scum-hunting. I'm still trying to figure him out.

In most of his D1 posts, he's replied to people, but hasn't given much of his own opinion yet (= reads). I want to see what else he's going to do during D1 - if he's going to stay passive, or not. And whether he'll share his reads.
I'm going to keep my vote on him for now, because I'm thinking it might pressure him into becoming more active.
I may be but it's a starting point.

I am not sure either it's likely just a mistake on both their parts since FT and NnT are very similar stories I could see the confusion. Still it's something I want answers to.

Honestly I have been scum read pretty much every town game I have brought up NL so for me it's just an easy place for scum to try and push town from. If you can prove to me why scum would take this stance on NL early but the more I talk with you about ace the more town I feel on him.

I don't find no lynch problematic or scummy per se, and one of the reasons why I didn't suspect you in Chad's game because was, that you explained your reasons well and they made sense to me. You also - despite being for NL - questioned people a lot and I could tell you wanted to find out more about other players. But when someone supports NL and additionally doesn't seem very motivated to figure things out, then that's a red flag for me. Pro NL + passive behavior is scummy to me.

That said, I like that ironace has been more active recently.

Aug 4, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2014
@Floofs

Do you suspect anyone so far?

Aug 4, 2017 10:50 AM

Nov 2015
@Floofs @RE1031 @Ruu @AbuHumaid @ironace @Logic340 @Coromandel @Red_Salmon @Luna

Baby-Doll Eyes has been activated

Logic 340 is Town
Aug 4, 2017 10:51 AM

May 2014
aww, so cute! x3
That *does* make things easier.

Aug 4, 2017 10:51 AM

Jan 2010
coromandel said:
@Red_Salmon
Is there anyone who seems scummy to you?

ironace said:

You're not alone. :3
Is there anyone you suspect atm?

logic340 said:
I may be but it's a starting point.

I am not sure either it's likely just a mistake on both their parts since FT and NnT are very similar stories I could see the confusion. Still it's something I want answers to.

Honestly I have been scum read pretty much every town game I have brought up NL so for me it's just an easy place for scum to try and push town from. If you can prove to me why scum would take this stance on NL early but the more I talk with you about ace the more town I feel on him.

I don't find no lynch problematic or scummy per se, and one of the reasons why I didn't suspect you in Chad's game because was, that you explained your reasons well and they made sense to me. You also - despite being for NL - questioned people a lot and I could tell you wanted to find out more about other players. But when someone supports NL and additionally doesn't seem very motivated to figure things out, then that's a red flag for me. Pro NL + passive behavior is scummy to me.

That said, I like that ironace has been more active recently.
There is definitely ways to find people being scummy around No Lynch.
I myself in the Sailor Moon game was forced to lynch a newbie town because if I forced a no lynch it would have put me in a bad spot and Ruu my teammate was the other option. I was pro lynch because it got us a quick win. I only brought up No lynch for meta purposes and because me and a scum buddy were leading the lynch.
I was able to catch Astros because rather than got for NL like he normally would as town he actually saved me lynching another townie. He knew I was down for NL but didn't even push the idea in his attempt to save me.
Those were too cases where I figured it out. There are some that have slipped by but more often than not (just like self voting) I am finding these things come from town more often than not. For meta purposes people will talk about them but when the time comes their actions will reveal their true motive.

Aug 4, 2017 10:52 AM

Jan 2010
coromandel said:
aww, so cute! x3
That *does* make things easier.
I didn't want to wait to long, though I was hoping to face some early pressure from scum....
Now scum can sip wine over trying to hit a power role or dealing with confirmed townie logic?

Aug 4, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2016
Floofs said:
RE1031 said:

I mean to go after coro by voting her, but I don't have a strong case, and I prefer to go after someone who already has votes on them (I feel it's more productive that way). The reason I had my eye on both of them was the ironace deal, but coro was more involved, so that's what I meant by "prefer." But, Luna actually hasn't said much, so I now prefer this vote more anyway.

This doesn't make any sense to me. By prefer, it sounds like you mean that you have a stronger scum lean on coro than luna. Wouldn't you vote your stronger scum lean?

Both were not very strong, and both had similar reasons for me to be voting for them at the time. I found the pressure on ironace strange because they were going after wordplay and not his reads, and while coro was the main player pressuring him, Luna shared the same thoughts. Like I said, I think it's more effective to vote for someone who already has votes on them.

coromandel said:
"Does scum start off by questioning another player's scum read on someone else? Not unless they're trying to defend a buddy, but I find an ironace/Red_Salmon team unlikely at the moment because probability."

I disagree - scum often defend townies and critize other people's scum-reads, just to later say "I told you so" when they've died. It makes them look innocent. But the truth is, the mafia knows who is town so it's easy for them to town-read others and avoid taking part in a mislynch. It's often townies who are leading the lynches, because they aren't afraid of being on a train. Whereas scum tend to be hesitant because they don't want to be the ones who "lynched a townie".

And what do you mean by "because probability"?

Probability of someone being scum in this game is probably ~33%, a team is less so, when you ignore things like overall behavior, because there really wasn't a lot to go on. I had no reason to believe of a Red_Salmon/ironace team. The situation was also different from what I saw, I thought Red_Salmon was dismissing the read, but he already said he wasn't (just stating his surprise). And I feel that's only sometimes the case. Since scum have to be okay with lynching townies in the end, and too much defense may actually prevent a lynch. Or if Red_Salmon had been actually defending ironace - the timing was improper and he'd be shutting down a potential lynch target (but yeah, that was not the case).

coromandel said:
RE1031 said:
vote: Luna
Let's try this. I think I'd prefer to go after coro, but you know, trains. I am just a little uncomfortable with reading ironace off of "slips." And like logic says, he is low hanging fruit.
@Luna
I wouldn't call your posts fluff (although some are), but a good number of them don't pertain to this game specifically, except for the thing with ironace. Do you have any town leans at the moment? And scum leans?
___

Damn, I referenced another game. A necessary evil. Maybe not. Oh well...

Why are you uncomfortable with it? Because you think he's low hanging fruit? Or is there another reason?

I never said that I'm 100% sure he's scum, but I've definitely learned something from his replies - that he's being rather defensive. Whether that's because he's a newbie or scum is something I'm curious to find out.

Both that he's low hanging fruit and you were creating a scenario where he'd appear scummy. It does kind of remind me of how you were going after yurkin day 1 of The Morning After for not talking about her own gameplay, but you were town there, so perhaps it's just a difference in playstyle.

Ruu said:
I'm leaning town with you atm and the person I'm getting scum vibes from (every time I read their posts I can't help myself but think "scum!" is RE. I think he is all over the place, going back an forth, panicking... Do you still town read him? I don't have a good read on the others for now.

vote: RE1031

Please point out to where I'm doing these things.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Aug 4, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2010
logic340 said:
Honestly I was hoping for jester so I could finally be lynched but I got a role that will probably keep that from happening.
What do you mean by "I will never try to mislead others with the number of mafias again, I learn my lesson " What lesson did you learn and why wont you do it? Didn't you kick our ass in that game?
So this was the hint to me being a confirmed!townie.

@ruu did you ever answer my question about what lesson you learned?

Aug 4, 2017 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
so ill reply to the people who asked me stuff, but first of all

did someone use an ability to see logic's alignment?
I dont know how to feel about this. On one way i feel its useful but also im sure its a oneoff ability so using it so early is.....
Aug 4, 2017 11:07 AM

May 2015
logic340 said:
logic340 said:
Honestly I was hoping for jester so I could finally be lynched but I got a role that will probably keep that from happening.
What do you mean by "I will never try to mislead others with the number of mafias again, I learn my lesson " What lesson did you learn and why wont you do it? Didn't you kick our ass in that game?

I know that that got me scum read in our last game that's why I decided to stop doing it no matter my alignment so people can't use it against me.
So my read on you was right. Happy to know that I can trust you but I'm sorry about your well-being. You put a target on your back for N1. I don't like that, you are a good asset for us so I don't want to loose you so early.
Aug 4, 2017 11:07 AM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:

ironace said:
Sorry I got caught up at work my boss stepped into the office.

aww crap. when you have work but mafia is life~~~~
Aug 4, 2017 11:09 AM

Jan 2010
ironace said:

I dont know how to feel about this. On one way i feel its useful but also im sure its a oneoff ability so using it so early is.....
Logic used his ability to reveal to you all that I am confirmed town. I like that it has you thinking. I'll just be upfront with it. I had to use the ability on D1 since I felt I wasn't going to be facing any pressure and I don't want to cause CFD later on around lynch time I felt like revealing early (but not too early) was the best course of action.

I almost claimed miller just for the reactions....lol

Aug 4, 2017 11:09 AM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:
Sorry it isn't meant as a slight. It's just much easier for mafia and by extension town to mislynch newer players based on them not really understanding what is and isn't townie. I was told in my early games that I mad scummy things look townie because people figured I was new town but was scumming it up.

Well it happened in my last games so i guess im following your footsteps XD
And i was just joking btw.
Aug 4, 2017 11:10 AM

Jan 2010
@ironace I am confirmed town by the host can I please get you to move that vote to a more productive spot?

Aug 4, 2017 11:10 AM

May 2015
ironace said:

Logic use it. He had the ability to get confirmed by the host.
Aug 4, 2017 11:11 AM

May 2014
RE1031 said:
Floofs said:

Both were not very strong, and both had similar reasons for me to be voting for them at the time. I found the pressure on ironace strange because they were going after wordplay and not his reads, and while coro was the main player pressuring him, Luna shared the same thoughts. Like I said, I think it's more effective to vote for someone who already has votes on them.

"they were going after wordplay"
I was interpreting what he said, how is that scummy?
Mafia isn't just about judging someone's reads, looking very closely at how people word things can help catch scum too. Because depending on someone's alignment and their goal, they will use different words. People often - unknowingly - write down their true intentions.
At the same time, I was never 100% sure ironace is scum, but it was worth a shot to ask that question and see how he'd react. I didn't take it 100% seriously, but I got a pretty strong reaction from him at least.

RE1031 said:
coromandel said:
"Does scum start off by questioning another player's scum read on someone else? Not unless they're trying to defend a buddy, but I find an ironace/Red_Salmon team unlikely at the moment because probability."

I disagree - scum often defend townies and critize other people's scum-reads, just to later say "I told you so" when they've died. It makes them look innocent. But the truth is, the mafia knows who is town so it's easy for them to town-read others and avoid taking part in a mislynch. It's often townies who are leading the lynches, because they aren't afraid of being on a train. Whereas scum tend to be hesitant because they don't want to be the ones who "lynched a townie".

And what do you mean by "because probability"?

Probability of someone being scum in this game is probably ~33%, a team is less so, when you ignore things like overall behavior, because there really wasn't a lot to go on. I had no reason to believe of a Red_Salmon/ironace team. The situation was also different from what I saw, I thought Red_Salmon was dismissing the read, but he already said he wasn't (just stating his surprise). And I feel that's only sometimes the case. Since scum have to be okay with lynching townies in the end, and too much defense may actually prevent a lynch. Or if Red_Salmon had been actually defending ironace - the timing was improper and he'd be shutting down a potential lynch target (but yeah, that was not the case).

I still don't get what you mean by that, everyone's probability to roll scum is the same imo.

I guess we were seeing things differently, but I'm missing an explanation of why you think me or Luna are scum. It's one thing to disagree, but I don't really get why you're scum-reading us because of this.

RE1031 said:
coromandel said:

Why are you uncomfortable with it? Because you think he's low hanging fruit? Or is there another reason?

I never said that I'm 100% sure he's scum, but I've definitely learned something from his replies - that he's being rather defensive. Whether that's because he's a newbie or scum is something I'm curious to find out.

Both that he's low hanging fruit and you were creating a scenario where he'd appear scummy. It does kind of remind me of how you were going after yurkin day 1 of The Morning After for not talking about her own gameplay, but you were town there, so perhaps it's just a difference in playstyle.

I wasn't "creating a scenario", I was asking questions.
And yes, I was questioning his actions, wondering *why* he'd say things and do things the way he did as a townie/scum.
And it's simliar to how I scum-read yurkin D1, because I wanted to understand why yurkin acted this way, to figure out whether her actions were town- or scum-motivated.

Aug 4, 2017 11:12 AM

Jan 2010
Vote: Luna
I guess I should take my own advice. This feels like a good train for now.
I think I make 3 votes on here? Lets see where things go. Salmon...yeah I still got my eye on them as well.

Aug 4, 2017 11:12 AM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:

@Togs

so i missed this. Wait so we can all just reveal our roles or is it just logic exclusive?
Aug 4, 2017 11:15 AM

May 2014
ironace said:

I don't think this is fake. If it was, this game would probably have been labeled as "bastard". It isn't, so I expect Logic to be town.

Aug 4, 2017 11:15 AM

Jan 2010
Ruu said:
logic340 said:

I know that that got me scum read in our last game that's why I decided to stop doing it no matter my alignment so people can't use it against me.
So my read on you was right. Happy to know that I can trust you but I'm sorry about your well-being. You put a target on your back for N1. I don't like that, you are a good asset for us so I don't want to loose you so early.
Hmmm.... how to feel about this? I mean town logic always has a target on his back due to how he plays and how active he is (though I have been avoiding N1 kills recently). I don't mind the target as mafia have to sip wine on whether to deal with my now vanilla ass or hunt PR's. This should help provide us with information any way it goes. And my death should have tons of info tied to it as I will continue to push on everyone in an effort to get us on the best lynch option.

Aug 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Sep 2016
Luna said:

RE said "a good number of them don't pertain to this game specifically". I don't think he meant "most" with it. Also, besides my exchanges with ironace, I also had exchanges with logic and Red_Salmon and they were specific to the game.

Your interaction with logic was about his "no lynch" suggestion, which isn't specific to this game. Your exchange with Red_Salmon was intros + fluff. When I say they don't pertain to this specifically, I mean you were more focused on introductions and such. But this is no longer the case, hmm.

Also, @logic340 I was seriously considering voting for you. So I can't say it's a bad thing you revealed.
Aug 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Dec 2013
all caught up-I feel like an idiot -_- as i didnt read it was logic exclusive
unvote
Infact i was just thinking of voting for luna as well due to her ...dunno..method? of poking me for answers..seeming unnatural from the norm im used to(not that i know of much since i have technically completed only 2 games)
Vote:luna
this seems like a good place to start.

Also, may i ask why do you people get scum vibes from salmon?
Aug 4, 2017 11:21 AM

Jan 2010
ironace said:
logic340 said:

@Togs

so i missed this. Wait so we can all just reveal our roles or is it just logic exclusive?
Innocent Child This is how my role works specifically without quoting I had to use it on D1. I didn't use it right out the gate as I was hoping for mafia and some townies to push me so I could get reads before revealing. I have seen other conf!Town struggle but none of them have been as active as me or had the drive and passion I have for solving a game.
Phraze, Zymf, Karote.

Aug 4, 2017 11:22 AM

Nov 2015
Vote Count 1.4

Luna (4): RE1031, AbuHumaid, Logic340, Ironace

Not Voting (2): Floofs, Red_Salmon

Eevee fun fact: Eevee is the most traded Pokemon in the games’ “Wonder Trade” feature.

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Aug 4, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2016
coromandel said:
Mafia isn't just about judging someone's reads, looking very closely at how people word things can help catch scum too. Because depending on someone's alignment and their goal, they will use different words. People often - unknowingly - write down their true intentions.
At the same time, I was never 100% sure ironace is scum, but it was worth a shot to ask that question and see how he'd react. I didn't take it 100% seriously, but I got a pretty strong reaction from him at least.

What would you define as a townie reaction? Like, was there anything ironace could have actually said that would make you think he was town? How do you judge someone's reaction to that kind of question and say they're town or scum? That's the problem I have with it - because I don't see how you can tell.

I still don't get what you mean by that, everyone's probability to roll scum is the same imo.

I guess we were seeing things differently, but I'm missing an explanation of why you think me or Luna are scum. It's one thing to disagree, but I don't really get why you're scum-reading us because of this.

Because it's a method I don't understand and still don't.

And yes, I was questioning his actions, wondering *why* he'd say things and do things the way he did as a townie/scum.
And it's simliar to how I scum-read yurkin D1, because I wanted to understand why yurkin acted this way, to figure out whether her actions were town- or scum-motivated.

The questions you asked create a scenario where whatever ironace says is still going to be under scrutiny. If you can provide me with an answer to your question where you'd actually back off your target, then I'll back off.
Aug 4, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2014
What's scummy about Luna? I don't really see it. So what if she posted more fluff than others at the beginning?
She hasn't played in a while and isn't familiar with the playerbase.

The only thing I don't understand is why she's persistent about ironace's FOS question.

I can see myself moving my vote to Floofs or Red_Salmon. I feel like I can't get a good read on them with how little they've said so far. And I'd still like to know RE's reason for suspecting me and Luna, because I only see a case of disagreement, but not a convincing reason for suspecting us.

@Red_Salmon
Why did you unvote earlier?

Aug 4, 2017 11:25 AM

Jan 2010
RE1031 said:
Also, @logic340 I was seriously considering voting for you. So I can't say it's a bad thing you revealed.
Well I guess I did accomplish something then but the later that shit happened the worse for town so best to out it now with plenty of time to phase change. I just wish it would have helped to narrow my PoE a bit D:

Aug 4, 2017 11:28 AM

Jan 2010
coromandel said:
What's scummy about Luna? I don't really see it. So what if she posted more fluff than others at the beginning?
She hasn't played in a while and isn't familiar with the playerbase.

The only thing I don't understand is why she's persistent about ironace's FOS question.

I can see myself moving my vote to Floofs or Red_Salmon. I feel like I can't get a good read on them with how little they've said so far. And I'd still like to know RE's reason for suspecting me and Luna, because I only see a case of disagreement, but not a convincing reason for suspecting us.

@Red_Salmon
Why did you unvote earlier?
Luna's was more of a place holder of sorts for the time being after my little exchange with her I am not as comfortable her. Red_Salmon could get my vote if you wanted to get a counter train going. Not so sure how I feel about Luna being scum with 4 votes chilling on here but it could be possible.

Unvote:
Vote: Red_Salmon

Aug 4, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2016
ironace said:
unvote
Infact i was just thinking of voting for luna as well due to her ...dunno..method? of poking me for answers..seeming unnatural from the norm im used to(not that i know of much since i have technically completed only 2 games)

How do you feel about coro? Since she was doing something similar.
Aug 4, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2014
RE1031 said:
coromandel said:

What would you define as a townie reaction? Like, was there anything ironace could have actually said that would make you think he was town? How do you judge someone's reaction to that kind of question and say they're town or scum? That's the problem I have with it - because I don't see how you can tell.

I didn't have a very clear idea of what to expect as a reply. But I've seen other players do this sort of thing (Soren, for example), and I thought it was worth a shot. It's not something I took too seriously, but it was RVS and I thought I'd try something new. I didn't expect to get a clear read on ironace afterwards, it was partly a joke too.
But, these sort of questions *can* actually help in finding scum.

Just think about how *you* as a townie, would reply to this question. How that question makes you *feel* when you're town.
Think of someone asking you directly - how would you reply? You probably wouldn't think of it much, that question isn't a big deal when you're innocent.

And then think about the same scenario, with you as scum.
When you're scum, the question seems a lot more uncomfortable, don't you think? And that influences people's replies.

RE1031 said:

Because it's a method I don't understand and still don't.

You don't understand it, but how does that make me scum? Or Luna?

And also, what was the probability part about?

RE1031 said:

The questions you asked create a scenario where whatever ironace says is still going to be under scrutiny. If you can provide me with an answer to your question where you'd actually back off your target, then I'll back off.

"No, I'm town". Would have been that answer.

Aug 4, 2017 11:36 AM

May 2014
RE1031 said:
ironace said:
unvote

+1

The way I see it Luna was just agreeing with me - isn't it my method you're talking about, @ironace?

Aug 4, 2017 11:44 AM

Sep 2016
coromandel said:
I didn't have a very clear idea of what to expect as a reply. But I've seen other players do this sort of thing (Soren, for example), and I thought it was worth a shot. It's not something I took too seriously, but it was RVS and I thought I'd try something new. I didn't expect to get a clear read on ironace afterwards, it was partly a joke too.
But, these sort of questions *can* actually help in finding scum.

Just think about how *you* as a townie, would reply to this question. How that question makes you *feel* when you're town.
Think of someone asking you directly - how would you reply? You probably wouldn't think of it much, that question isn't a big deal when you're innocent.

And then think about the same scenario, with you as scum.
When you're scum, the question seems a lot more uncomfortable, don't you think? And that influences people's replies.

I don't know. I think it depends on the player. When I was scum, my first priorities were making sure my tone was consistent and I sounded like I was not worried at all. I would say "uncomfortable" influences tone more than the content of the post. If I were asked this question as town or scum, I am pretty sure my answer would be the same.

You don't understand it, but how does that make me scum? Or Luna?

And also, what was the probability part about?

By itself, it doesn't. It may not at all. But it feels cheap (sorry). As for probability, it's honestly a bad habit of mind, but I dismiss things if they seem too coincidental or unlikely.

"No, I'm town". Would have been that answer.

I feel like scum is capable of saying that as well. Ignoring ironace's reaction to your question, is there anything else that would suggest he's scum?
Aug 4, 2017 11:52 AM

Jan 2010
RE1031 said:
ironace said:
unvote

I know this wasn't directed at me but I am getting similar vibes to what I got in my previous game with her. Without all the paranoia.

Aug 4, 2017 11:59 AM

Sep 2016
logic340 said:
RE1031 said:

I know this wasn't directed at me but I am getting similar vibes to what I got in my previous game with her. Without all the paranoia.

I can see it now, it didn't strike me until today that there is similarity between her question to yurkin about her gameplay in the previous game and her question to ironace about his alignment this game - they're both less about the answers and more about the willingness to open. So I at least know that this can't make her scum.
I do want ironace to respond, since it's weird that coro was pressuring ironace more yet he votes Luna.
Aug 4, 2017 12:02 PM

Jan 2010
@Floofs I know you like to hold onto that vote but is there anyone you find remotely suspicious thus far?

Aug 4, 2017 12:06 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
ironace said:
unvote

coro asked me a few things and then left me alone, saying he had got his read on me(whatever that is, mind telling us all @coromandel?) and saying i was a defensive player.
yes im a defensive player as im not really used to mafia and i would usually like approach things cautiously as i still am trying to sort out my playstyle.

luna, on the other hand, kept on persisting on a ,in my honest opinion, useless topic as one can himself see when and how i saw the posts.(the FOS topics)
But i get it, she wanted me to reply to her question back on page 1 for whatever reason, and so i have.But, as i said before, the whole thing felt..unnatural to me.
Aug 4, 2017 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
ill ask again, why are you guys suspicious of salmon?OR am i missing something?

Aug 4, 2017 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:

I do want ironace to respond, since it's weird that coro was pressuring ironace more yet he votes Luna.

hmm?
I didnt feel any pressure though~~~~
but as i said before, luna irked me the wrong way. Nothing much to go on.

Aug 4, 2017 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
and good day/night to you all!
I need the sweet embrace of sleep.
Aug 4, 2017 12:14 PM

Jan 2010
ironace said:
ill ask again, why are you guys suspicious of salmon?OR am i missing something?
Here is some of my reasoning below.

ironace said:
RE1031 said:

hmm?
I didnt feel any pressure though~~~~
but as i said before, luna irked me the wrong way. Nothing much to go on.

I have a little bit of experience with Abu. Once game he was my scum partner and ended up getting lynched D1. Another game he was caught as scum D2. All other games he has been town and it's been pretty telling the difference between his town and scum games. That being said you wouldn't pick upon some of the little nuances between alignments just yet as you have less experience. For me his first post feels like town abu but abut plays a tight meta of lurking and answering what he feels like. This is why I am trying to get everyone to talk with him and get him involved.

Aug 4, 2017 12:18 PM

Nov 2015
Vote Count 1.5

Luna (3): RE1031, AbuHumaid, Ironace
Red_Salmon (1): Logic340

Not Voting (2): Floofs, Red_Salmon

Eevee fun fact: Eevee's name comes from the first two letters in "Evolution."

>>Day 1 Timer<<
Aug 4, 2017 12:30 PM

Sep 2016
Luna said:

@AbuHumaid:
Did you actually read my posts?
Do you have any other reasons for voting me?
Why did you prefer me over ironace even though his contributions are also lacking?

How do you feel about Floofs? I'd say she's contributing less than both.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.