Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2017 10:33 PM

Aug 2009
I've been reading a lot of Jung and Freud lately, so I've been quite interested in dream analysis. I guess the general idea would be that dreams are a projection of your subconscious. Your wants, desires, beliefs, your "true self" so to speak, so keeping a journal of your dreams and trying to figure out what they mean would be a way of better understanding yourself... I recently had a really strange dream about someone, with some odd implications. I'm starting to think maybe I don't really want to know what I'm thinking in my subconscious cause it's kind of fucked up.

Anyway what are your thoughts on dream analysis and what dreams mean? Does anyone do dream analysis here and what has your experience been? Do you think this is all BS and don't even remember your dreams? Discuss!

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aug 1, 2017 10:48 PM

Dec 2014
Yes and no. For me, it all gets wiped and floods down the drain for me personally. Honestly in the state of sleep, I feel like my brain sort of ripples into uncharted waters, prepping for potential future scenarios. Feels like me but -75% cognitive function, on autopilot. It's hard to say..
Is this where you live?

Aug 1, 2017 11:00 PM

Mar 2008
Yes but the symbols are more personal than universal. It will differ by culture and personal views.
Aug 1, 2017 11:04 PM

Aug 2015
No never. I think it is a load of hogwash. Whatever dreams are for, my sleeping self can deal with it. I have enough issues in my day for my conscious self already.
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Aug 2, 2017 3:31 PM

Mar 2010
Sure, lots of things influence your dreams. In ancient times it would serve as sort of a warning, people would get scared of certain things that they saw in their dreams and be more cautious after they wake up.
But then again, you can dream of being a dinosaur tearing sheep apart. It's all nonsense and should be treated as such, I believe.

David Firth (and I'm sure many many other artists) uses his dreams as inspiration for some really fucked up shit in his cartoons.

Aug 2, 2017 3:34 PM

Apr 2017
You lost NoFap in your dreams, I guarantee it
イカロス --I K A R O S D E S U-- "Hai master" <3cruise

Becoming the bell of my heart
dont click here, baka -->> https://soundcloud.com/franciscan-guitar
Aug 2, 2017 3:35 PM

Jun 2017
Yes, I desire getting shanked on a midnight walk through the park.

Seems legit.
Aug 2, 2017 3:35 PM

Mar 2016
Yes. I find most of my dreams reflect something in my reality. Dream meanings tend to be accurate, for my dreams. Some of them aren't.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Yesterday

27 by Dracowyn »»
20 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

23 by Ejrodiew »»
42 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

676 by Hitagi__Furude »»
1 hour ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

43 by LordSozin »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.