Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2017 2:39 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
So I wanted to try the VRV streaming out and it's solid enough but will probably end up switch back to Crunchyroll due to many reasons, however I already paid for this month and I want to use it to get around to dubs that aren't lame to knock out some shows without reading subtitles. Any suggestions?

Not terribly picky if the dub has good voice acting.

StripesDec 10, 2017 8:11 PM
Jul 25, 2017 3:45 AM
Jul 2017
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Psycho Pass
Kenichi
Black Cat
Devil is a Part Timer
Death Parade
Rurouni Kenshin
Soul Eater
Samurai Champloo

I've checked all the shows listed they are all shows you have not watched and are dubbed on VRV. I hope you enjoy some of these shows.
Jul 25, 2017 5:58 AM

Mar 2013
you should watch one piece, its soooo bad that its actually really enjoyable to watch
Jul 25, 2017 11:47 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
KakashiCCN said:
Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Psycho Pass
Kenichi
Black Cat
Devil is a Part Timer
Death Parade
Rurouni Kenshin
Soul Eater
Samurai Champloo

I've checked all the shows listed they are all shows you have not watched and are dubbed on VRV. I hope you enjoy some of these shows.

Cool I'll check some of the odd ones. The only ones I know are good is (I did finish Samurai Champloo one of the best dubs) Cowboy Bebop which I have on PTW. Thank you.

killua94 said:
you should watch one piece, its soooo bad that its actually really enjoyable to watch

One Piece is wayyyy too long anime wise and you're right it is BAD but the only saving grace of it is that Japanese cast because they have real chemistry with one another. I know it's a taste thing but I can't stand the Funi dub for the series.
Jul 25, 2017 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
Yu Yu Hakusho's dub is pretty damn good. Granted, some of the side characters are a little flat but the leads nail their roles perfectly. Not sure if it's on VRV though.
Take care of yourself

Jul 25, 2017 11:52 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
ThatRazorGuy said:
Yu Yu Hakusho's dub is pretty damn good. Granted, some of the side characters are a little flat but the leads nail their roles perfectly. Not sure if it's on VRV though.

I'm currently watching that right now along with FMAB. It's probably one of the best dubs it's just pretty long too. :P
Jul 25, 2017 10:19 PM
Aug 2015
I THINK, keyword THINK Initial D had a pretty good FUNimation Dub, but you'll have to check there. Honestly I always watch in sub so i can't judge what's good/bad in the dub department. I've heard from others it's good, though. *If racing's your thing, that is.
Jul 25, 2017 10:30 PM

Apr 2015
Funimation has the rights to the Full Metal Panic franchise...they're all old enough to be ADV dubs, and not sure if they're on VRV, but if they are it's worth checking out.

Shimoneta (an actual Funimation dub) is extremely raunchy and hilarious.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 13, 2018 3:40 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Doing another call out on this because I got a free month of VRV again and I'm gonna use it on dub watching. Kindly check my list.

I'm also gonna be speed watching thru these so you don't have to suggest them.

Afro Samurai
Beck
Code Geass
Gankutsuou
Speed Racer
Trigun

I was gonna add Baccano but it's not on the app I know it's a popular one so.
Jan 14, 2018 4:25 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Really? Nobody? I know people don't like dubs but come on.
Jan 14, 2018 5:34 PM

Oct 2017
Kerero Gunsou or Sgt. Frog shows the real way to dub a comedy anime.
Kamille's a man's name, and I'm a man!
Jan 14, 2018 5:38 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
NadekoDidNothing said:

The amount of Sgt. Frog that I did watch was in dub form and I admit is really good but they didn't dub all of it and never will sadly. :/
Jan 14, 2018 5:42 PM

Oct 2017
Stripesu said:
NadekoDidNothing said:

The amount of Sgt. Frog that I did watch was in dub form and I admit is really good but they didn't dub all of it and never will sadly. :/

It's so sad really, Sgt. Frog is one of the shows I can't stand the sub for, but I love it so much. Maybe I'll read the manga.
Jan 14, 2018 5:51 PM

Jan 2017
Check out Hellsing ultimate and psycho pass. Crispin freeman's voice acting in hellsing is top tier.
Jan 14, 2018 6:55 PM

Jun 2011
Currently enjoying Space Battleship Yamato remake (Star Blazers). But be prepared for that deep overdramatic sci-fi anime plot.
I highly recommend Welcome to the Space Show. I thought the dub was actually really good on that one and more so than anything on Funimation. As much as child acting can be hit and miss I think it really worked out in this anime’s favor.
I did watch all of MMO Junkie dubbed and fucking adored it.

Something which I find interesting on VRV is the fact that they have Kanashimi no Belladona. I have actually really been digging the Horror Indy channel. The movies are for the most part really good unlike Hulu.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 14, 2018 7:07 PM

Jun 2011
I Kinda do want to add I definitely like Dubs more than the average person on this website. I tend to feel that comedy in general is always better dubbed. I mean you would have to be pretty garbage for me to actually hear the bad a.k.a. the Gravitation dub, Eathean dub, aaaaand let Kaworu’s voice in Neon Genesis Evangelion. So glad they changed it for the rebuilds. And he’s actually play by my favorite voice actor now , well other than Chris Sabat.

I forgot to add that Space Patrol Luluco has an amazing Dub. Chris Sabat plays a small part but it’s brill.

Worst anime I know of on Funimation that has a dub, easily My first love Monster. There was also this really awful vampire anime on there which had Chuck Huber. And I swear very much not good. I did laugh my ass off though. Servamp.

They have a girl who leapt through time which if you haven’t seen the dub is actually pretty good.

Space Dandy’s dub is really good. School Rumble dub is near and dear to me. Much like Samurai Champloo. Ping Pong the animation was an easy watch dubbed. Panty Stocking made me ROTFL. Michiko to Hachin is better watched dubbed do to subject matter. I watched Keijo dubbed and loved it. Chobits, long time loved and I have only seen the dub.
Energetic-NovaJan 14, 2018 7:33 PM
Jan 14, 2018 7:45 PM

Mar 2016
I dont know how many of these are funimation, but heres a couble dubs i really like that you havent seen yet

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun (specificly the second season)
Baccano! (its the type of show even die hard sub fans say to watch dubbed)
B-gata H-kei
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Gamers!
Dagashi Kashi

Hope there's something here thatll work for you
id also say Hero aca but youve already seen bother seasons so thats out haha
Jan 14, 2018 8:06 PM

Oct 2017
Came back to say Panty and Stocking an School Rumble are great.
Jan 14, 2018 8:18 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
MrCarmichael said:
I dont know how many of these are funimation, but heres a couble dubs i really like that you havent seen yet

B-gata H-kei
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Gamers!
Dagashi Kashi

TTGL I've tried watching the dub at a friends house but sad to say Yuri Lowenthal sounds too much like Sasuke for me to enjoy Simon.

Baccano I'm def gonna do dub but it's sadly not on the VRV library so I'll have to do it else where but I'll check the others out esp B-gata -Kei and Hataraku Maou-sama! since I was eyeing them even before now.

I've actually watched Hero Aca in both sub and dub. Probably one of the best shounen dubs I've ever watched and the dub cast is all so great. Justin Briner was made to play Izuku.

NadekoDidNothing said:
Came back to say Panty and Stocking an School Rumble are great.

Panty Stocking confirmed best dub and the optimal best way to watch that series. School Rumble never really appealed to me because a bunch of oblivious teenagers just isn't my speed but I might give it a second chance.
Jan 14, 2018 8:25 PM

Mar 2016
Stripesu said:
MrCarmichael said:

B-gata H-kei
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Gamers!
Dagashi Kashi

TTGL I've tried watching the dub at a friends house but sad to say Yuri Lowenthal sounds too much like Sasuke for me to enjoy Simon.

Baccano I'm def gonna do dub but it's sadly not on the VRV library so I'll have to do it else where but I'll check the others out esp B-gata -Kei and Hataraku Maou-sama! since I was eyeing them even before now.

I've actually watched Hero Aca in both sub and dub. Probably one of the best shounen dubs I've ever watched and the dub cast is all so great. Justin Briner was made to play Izuku.

Id still push for TTGL if you could push past it because its a fantastic show, but i get it if its not gonna work out
yeah Hero aca has an incredible dub, and B-gata and maou are pretty fantastic dubs, you can tell the voice actors are having a fun time

Theres also Black lagoon i forgot to mention, its a vulgar and pretty dark show, but definitely great for a dub
Jan 14, 2018 8:42 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Currently enjoying Space Battleship Yamato remake (Star Blazers). But be prepared for that deep overdramatic sci-fi anime plot.
I highly recommend Welcome to the Space Show. I thought the dub was actually really good on that one and more so than anything on Funimation. As much as child acting can be hit and miss I think it really worked out in this anime’s favor.

Something which I find interesting on VRV is the fact that they have Kanashimi no Belladona. I have actually really been digging the Horror Indy channel. The movies are for the most part really good unlike Hulu.

I'm finding the child acting in Trigun kind of hillarious to say myself. lmaoo. But I've heard good on both so "added to queue"

Since I was gonna watch MMO Junkie anyways and it's only 10 episodes it'd probably be good to watch as dubbed.

Kanashimi no Belladona I've never even heard of so I just miiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Hulu I've thought of honestly for like a month to try because they have like a bunch of long ass series like Inuyasha and Sailor Moon but I've heard problems about them so hmmmmm.

Energetic-Nova said:
I Kinda do want to add I definitely like Dubs more than the average person on this website. I tend to feel that comedy in general is always better dubbed. I mean you would have to be pretty garbage for me to actually hear the bad a.k.a. the Gravitation dub, Eathean dub, aaaaand let Kaworu’s voice in Neon Genesis Evangelion. So glad they changed it for the rebuilds. And he’s actually play by my favorite voice actor now , well other than Chris Sabat.

I forgot to add that Space Patrol Luluco has an amazing Dub. Chris Sabat plays a small part but it’s brill.

Worst anime I know of on Funimation that has a dub, easily My first love Monster. There was also this really awful vampire anime on there which had Chuck Huber. And I swear very much not good. I did laugh my ass off though. Servamp.

They have a girl who leapt through time which if you haven’t seen the dub is actually pretty good.

Space Dandy’s dub is really good. School Rumble dub is near and dear to me. Much like Samurai Champloo. Ping Pong the animation was an easy watch dubbed. Panty Stocking made me ROTFL. Michiko to Hachin is better watched dubbed do to subject matter. I watched Keijo dubbed and loved it. Chobits, long time loved and I have only seen the dub.

I indulge in dubs whenever I can. I know most won't complain about it but I actually want to watch the visuals and animation more then read whenever possible. Obviously I'm a high tier sub reader but even so it's just nice to be able to take my eyes away from the screen SOMETIMES.

Chris Sabat is the BEST!!! ALL MIGHT AND HIS VOICE !!!!!!

omg I've actually watched the Gravitation dub and BOY was it weird. Like I don't remember it too too well but I remember kind of laughing my ass off. I had already watched the subbed version at that point so I mean I knew everything coming but I found it so cringe.

I plan to watch Luluco but I haven't watched a lot of Trigger shows and I heard there were lots of references to them in the later part so I kind of want to watch them before hand.

Hatsukoi Monster has Gintama voicing the main character I can't not watched it subbed......

I just watched Ping Pong dubbed a few months back when I was really hesitant on the show and ended up falling in love with it. No regrets. And of course P&S and Samurai Champloo are amazing dubs. I think I got the VRV subscription just to watch that and Michiko to Hatchin dubbed.

Space Dandy I should just pull the literal trigger and jump for it. Hahaha.

Jan 14, 2018 8:47 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
MrCarmichael said:
Stripesu said:

Id still push for TTGL if you could push past it because its a fantastic show, but i get it if its not gonna work out
yeah Hero aca has an incredible dub, and B-gata and maou are pretty fantastic dubs, you can tell the voice actors are having a fun time

Theres also Black lagoon i forgot to mention, its a vulgar and pretty dark show, but definitely great for a dub

I'm def going to watch TTGL sub or dubbed. I haven't even watched the show and already know Nia is best girl ever.

The hard part of watching the Funi dubs especially with most recent shows is that lots of them have so much of the same cast and I know why that is it's just a little tiring and now it's really tiring cause the whole Funi actor pool is in MHA and you can feel the heart in that dub it's very obvious.

Black Lagoon oooh!! I think darker and more serious series are better dubbed, I do think comedies can be hit or miss depending on the script but I agree.
Jan 14, 2018 9:10 PM

Mar 2016
Stripesu said:
MrCarmichael said:

I'm def going to watch TTGL sub or dubbed. I haven't even watched the show and already know Nia is best girl ever.

The hard part of watching the Funi dubs especially with most recent shows is that lots of them have so much of the same cast and I know why that is it's just a little tiring and now it's really tiring cause the whole Funi actor pool is in MHA and you can feel the heart in that dub it's very obvious.

Black Lagoon oooh!! I think darker and more serious series are better dubbed, I do think comedies can be hit or miss depending on the script but I agree.

Nia is indeed, the best haha
speaking of comedy, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is actually pretty great

it again falls into the same problem of me not ebing sure if its funimation, so sorry about that, but yeah its pretty good.
Jan 14, 2018 10:19 PM

Jun 2011
Stripesu said:
Energetic-Nova said:

I'm finding the child acting in Trigun kind of hillarious to say myself. lmaoo. But I've heard good on both so "added to queue"

Since I was gonna watch MMO Junkie anyways and it's only 10 episodes it'd probably be good to watch as dubbed.

Hulu I've thought of honestly for like a month to try because they have like a bunch of long ass series like Inuyasha and Sailor Moon but I've heard problems about them so hmmmmm.

Energetic-Nova said:

I indulge in dubs whenever I can. I know most won't complain about it but I actually want to watch the visuals and animation more then read whenever possible. Obviously I'm a high tier sub reader but even so it's just nice to be able to take my eyes away from the screen SOMETIMES.

omg I've actually watched the Gravitation dub and BOY was it weird. Like I don't remember it too too well but I remember kind of laughing my ass off. I had already watched the subbed version at that point so I mean I knew everything coming but I found it so cringe.

I plan to watch Luluco but I haven't watched a lot of Trigger shows and I heard there were lots of references to them in the later part so I kind of want to watch them before hand.

Hatsukoi Monster has Gintama voicing the main character I can't not watched it subbed......

I just watched Ping Pong dubbed a few months back when I was really hesitant on the show and ended up falling in love with it. No regrets. And of course P&S and Samurai Champloo are amazing dubs. I think I got the VRV subscription just to watch that and Michiko to Hatchin dubbed.

I think there are a lot of quality dubs on funimation. But there are also dubs of anime that are just bad. And instances of too much voice recognition. Like anytime I hear Vic Mignogna or Chuck Huber's Hiei voice... doing an Austrian accent. XD Hetalia. Granted, I like Chuck more than Vic but more because I know Vic has two voices and refuses to do he Brolly voice unless he has to.

Vic is a great singer though. I wish for more dubbed themes sung by him. He is really fantastic. And according to Chuck Huber, Vic cares very well for his voice, unlike himself who can eat and drink whatever he wants, apparently Vic has to do a whole routine to keep that ONE VOICE he uses in check.

But it would be great honestly, if Funimation could hire people like Wayne Grayson (4kids voice actors) If only because they have such a huge array of voices. Josh Grelle helps but i think maybe they need someone like Spike Spencer, who has an unusually high voice. You hear Spike Spencer talk and it is like, damn, no wonder he can play 14 forever. He sounds eternally 14. And moreso than Vic.

I think Funimation really struggles to cast those high pitched guy voices in any sort of diverse way. How many times can we hear Todd in place of Vic?

Todd is pretty cute IRL though. Short. Cute. Seems anime IRL. Very personable despite his line being a mile long, attends the yaoi panel and will convince Vic to go with him if they are at the same con. Chuck Huber is nutters in real life, believes in conspiracies and will stand on his head. Chris Sabat is so professional and can direct ANYONE to give a good performance. I mean, he directs us at con in his panel and has people do voices for DBZ. He has been to my convention twice. Adored him. Eric Vale is kinda a jerk... overly serious... (dude scared me, but maybe he woke up bad or something). Jerry Jewell is KAWAII. and has like a ton of voices, felt like I was meeting a friend. Bryce Papenbrook is sweet, I was in line, had a seizure, was very patient when I stuttered a lot, signed by bag Dick Smallberries Jr. Sony Straight is underrated. Has no presence until he does a character voice. Sweetheart. Cinnamon. Is a hugger. Josh Grelle, normie. He just comes off very normie and has the least presence of any Funi actor I have met. and then there is Vic.... HUGE PERSONALITY THAT YOU FEEL FROM ACROSS THE ROOM. Will hug you and wear your cosplay coat and is also very very convincing I am sure he could turn a straight guy gay if he wanted. Dude has a presence that could make panties drop. Somehow there are complaints about him every con. As someone who has met him twice, I would have to assume it is because he is a HUGE EXTROVERT.

Vic, I am very convinced, is IRL fox robin hood.
Energetic-NovaJan 14, 2018 10:55 PM
Jan 15, 2018 3:09 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Stripesu said:

I think there are a lot of quality dubs on funimation. But there are also dubs of anime that are just bad. And instances of too much voice recognition. Like anytime I hear Vic Mignogna or Chuck Huber's Hiei voice... doing an Austrian accent. XD Hetalia. Granted, I like Chuck more than Vic but more because I know Vic has two voices and refuses to do he Brolly voice unless he has to.

Vic is a great singer though. I wish for more dubbed themes sung by him. He is really fantastic. And according to Chuck Huber, Vic cares very well for his voice, unlike himself who can eat and drink whatever he wants, apparently Vic has to do a whole routine to keep that ONE VOICE he uses in check.

But it would be great honestly, if Funimation could hire people like Wayne Grayson (4kids voice actors) If only because they have such a huge array of voices. Josh Grelle helps but i think maybe they need someone like Spike Spencer, who has an unusually high voice. You hear Spike Spencer talk and it is like, damn, no wonder he can play 14 forever. He sounds eternally 14. And moreso than Vic.

I think Funimation really struggles to cast those high pitched guy voices in any sort of diverse way. How many times can we hear Todd in place of Vic?

Todd is pretty cute IRL though. Short. Cute. Seems anime IRL. Very personable despite his line being a mile long, attends the yaoi panel and will convince Vic to go with him if they are at the same con. Chuck Huber is nutters in real life, believes in conspiracies and will stand on his head. Chris Sabat is so professional and can direct ANYONE to give a good performance. I mean, he directs us at con in his panel and has people do voices for DBZ. He has been to my convention twice. Adored him. Eric Vale is kinda a jerk... overly serious... (dude scared me, but maybe he woke up bad or something). Jerry Jewell is KAWAII. and has like a ton of voices, felt like I was meeting a friend. Bryce Papenbrook is sweet, I was in line, had a seizure, was very patient when I stuttered a lot, signed by bag Dick Smallberries Jr. Sony Straight is underrated. Has no presence until he does a character voice. Sweetheart. Cinnamon. Is a hugger. Josh Grelle, normie. He just comes off very normie and has the least presence of any Funi actor I have met. and then there is Vic.... HUGE PERSONALITY THAT YOU FEEL FROM ACROSS THE ROOM. Will hug you and wear your cosplay coat and is also very very convincing I am sure he could turn a straight guy gay if he wanted. Dude has a presence that could make panties drop. Somehow there are complaints about him every con. As someone who has met him twice, I would have to assume it is because he is a HUGE EXTROVERT.

Vic, I am very convinced, is IRL fox robin hood.

Yeah the voice recognition thing is getting to me highly. Like a lot of instances it doesn't bother me, like since I'm watching Trigun the minute I heard Johnny Yong Bosch I was like "you, I know you" and yeah I had been so used to him being Ichigo from Bleach not to say his performance as Vash isn't good it just distracts me at moments. Especially since they're similar toned characters.

My new and best favorite in Justin Briner (who is pretty cute and nerdy, buying his own character nendoroid ;w;) who was pretty much born to play Deku, I follow Funi on twitter and saw a pv with his voice for another show and I was like "nope" I just "nope".

Vic is just doomed to always be Ed. I tried watching that Ouran dub for lols and um Tamaki just ASNKDAKDNASK.

I watched video on the whole dubbing process (and actually all of Cartoon Cipher's dub info videos are fucking fascinating), it does make me sad in some effect that the anime actor league may never live up to the one in Japan and in reality this is somewhat the reason as to why lots of anime snobs are "too good" for dubs. But they get a lot less respect and funding.

I've never went to an anime expo but some of those guys to come to the comic cons I attend and I always was like "what would I even say" but if Justin attends a con I ever go to I will thank him profusely.

More topics from this board

» Anime or Manga that kinda sucks but you can't stop watching/reading?

isseixkoneko - 6 hours ago

10 by Dizzy-san »»
45 minutes ago

» Anime/ Manga to binge

theD00mGuy - May 1

7 by mo_lave »»
59 minutes ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

29 by LoveYourEyes »»
4 hours ago

» Anime that shows brother and sister bathing together?

Gfralp - 9 hours ago

3 by Gaurxv »»
7 hours ago

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

4 by JoeChip »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.