Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2017 11:05 PM

Jun 2012
"How enchanting" - My first thoughts after reading half of this volume.

I can't resist it's melancholic air and the somehow romantic malaise it induced. It was a beautiful and cruel sketch of sadness. It's a fine read.
Jun 29, 2017 5:07 AM

Nov 2015
just read chapter 1. How enchanting indeed.

Jul 8, 2017 12:38 PM

May 2015
Just finished the first volume, and oh god, definitely not a happy story and quite heavy. Violet's life's been full of tragedy and sadness, yet one filled with many precious, fond and dear moments and memories. So many moments that made me so teary ;__;....

Really a captivating story.
ReverberateJul 8, 2017 1:09 PM

Oct 24, 2017 10:35 PM
Dec 2015
This novel was the first thing to make me cry in ten years. Beautiful.
Nov 24, 2017 8:12 AM

Jan 2017
I'm on chapter 3 and this is indeed enchanting. First novel to made me cry.
Dec 28, 2017 4:38 AM

Apr 2016
chapter 1
Amazing chapter, the description was what made me surprised the most. Very touching story, the shower scene at the end was pretty funny. Felt really sorry for Oscar, but thanks to Violet he got the inspiration to right again.

Chapter 2
Nice chapter. The little girl was annoying, but as the story built up I was really moved. Violet really did well to manage to write all those letters. Another emphasis on her beauty.

Chapter 3
Are all chapter going to be like this... THIS IS KILLING ME... Why are they showing stories with so many feels... This one was so sad. Felt really sorry for the soldier. Thought he was gonna survive. We finally see Violet's fighting skills. She looks invincible.

Chapter 4
Best chapter so far. Finally we get some romance... That emerald brooch seems to be special for her. We need some detail about her past.

Chapter 5
Hmm no feels for the first time.. We finally get to know she was a former soldier. The prisoner was disgusting.

Chapter 6
Wow this one is really good, we finally get some detail about her past. A killing machine, so she was. Now I understand why she can't feel emotions. And I also know why she lost her arms. Major Gilbert Bougainvillea is very kind.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Jan 10, 2018 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
A very touching and emotionally gripping story, it's been a while since I've read a tale as mesmerizing as this one. Violet was a splendid character/protagonist, strong, complex, well-written and she also had an amazing design.

Drama, Fantasy and Tragedy, my three favorite genres all at once, it would be unthinkable for me not to fall in love with this novel and oh boy I sure did. After reading the sixth chapter, it made a lot more sense why Violet personally took the soldier's corpse back to his homeplace, and I also must say that this story (the third one) was the most melancholic one for me. This novel was a trully moving and compelling masterpiece. I wonder if the second/last volume will manage to top it - 5/5.

Now if I'm allowed to be a lttle bit unwise
Jun 15, 2019 4:57 PM
Aug 2014
Chapter 6 was about half the volume. It was really impactful and seeing the relationship develop between them was heartwarming, leading to heartbreak at the end. The ending was predictable but the emphasis was put towards her establishments towards him and her conception of emotions. It was well executed.

The earlier chapters were also good but not all of them were great. Chapter 1 was a good introduction and set expectations for the work. The simplicity of some stories was off-putting but at the same time, comprehensible and "realistic". Good volume overall.
Dec 8, 2019 2:22 AM
Dec 2017
Isn't the novel still have not been translated to eng yet?... So, where do you guys read the novel?
Dec 8, 2019 9:30 AM

Jun 2012
Socialloser said:
Isn't the novels still hae not been translated to English yet?..... If so then where do you guys read the novels?.... Please tell me
Here

Now go prepare your tissues.

Dec 30, 2020 2:40 AM

Aug 2013
I first read this volume back in 2017 like most people though I wasn't able to continue reading the following one, so here I am reading this one again.

Reading every single chapter was really charming with some having bittersweet endings and it just made me sad. Apart from chapter 5, which I find odd for some reason, and chapter 6 which was tragic which makes me want to read the next volume ASAP to find out what happened to both Violet and Gilbert.

So far an amazing story.

Mar 5, 2021 4:43 PM

Sep 2020
just finished volume 1... apparently they changed up the order in the anime, but both versions are amazing.

loved that bath scene at the end in chapter 1

also fk the prisoner in chapter 5

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Aug 1, 2021 10:25 AM
Jul 2021
I wanna read only those volumes which aren’t included in the series or movies since i already watched them, but idk which ones they are. Please lmk if you know thank you!
Aug 27, 2021 4:53 PM
Nov 2020
The final chapter was incredible, every conversation between Violet and Gilbert made me want to burst into tears

More topics from this board

» anime/novel same ending ?

Splashed - May 12, 2018

6 by SapooBijook »»
Nov 10, 2021 3:05 AM

» About the end of this Chapter (7)

pingasusualisee - Sep 26, 2021

0 by pingasusualisee »»
Sep 26, 2021 1:39 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Volume 2 Discussion

Reverberate - Jul 9, 2017

20 by Leo »»
Jan 15, 2021 5:15 AM

» "Violet Evergarden Ever After" Novel On Sale from the 27th of March

_MushiRock11_ - Feb 21, 2020

14 by FrailVendetta »»
Mar 7, 2020 12:17 AM

» Is Violet a demigod?

ugn01 - Oct 15, 2018

2 by HGX »»
Jan 26, 2019 8:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.