Forum Settings
Forums

Should there be an audio version of To Love-Ru manga?

New
May 25, 2017 3:51 AM
Mar 2017
Not too long ago, Seven Seas Entertainment announced that they will license the To Love-Ru manga for it's first North American release later this year. While I should be excited, there was something else in mind that I want.... I would like there to be an audio version of the manga that fans can listen to as they read along like audio books or audio dramas but in this case this would known as..."audio manga". If there's one manga I think should have audio, it's To Love-Ru 'cause I wanna know how these characters sound in English. But also I like the manga better than the anime version simply because it has a more well-constructed narrative. Personally, I HATE that first season of that anime because they did everything wrong while adapting from the manga (XEBEC seriously needs to reboot that anime). It's no wonder why Sentai Filmworks won't dub it since they own the North American rights to the anime (Also, wouldn't it be less expensive to make a an English audio version of a manga than an English Dub version of an anime since there's no lip-syncing involved?).

If there was an audio version of To Love-Ru, what voice actor would you like to see cast as what character?

Personally I don't care if Rito is voiced by a woman seeing how Japanese VA Akeno Watanabe brings so much to the character in the anime.

But if there was cast choice I'm certain of....I think that actor Ben Diskin is the one guy to voice life to the character of Kenichi Saruyama (Rito's perverted friend). Also, the character of King Gid (Lala's Dad) should NOT be voiced by an old guy but rather somebody much younger to match his true form well like Grant George or Scott Freeman (except he's still in prison).

I would like to know if I should go set up an online petition on change.org to see if anyone would be interested while maybe getting Seven Seas' attention.
May 25, 2017 4:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Regardless of whether it "should" happen or not, I can promise you that it's never going to happen, petition or not
May 25, 2017 6:00 AM

Apr 2015
I think it's going to be quite a while before anyone tries "audio manga" - we're just now starting to get audiobooks of light novels.

That would be a lot of work for a very niche demographic; converting the story of a manga volume into a narrative and adding voices/sound effects and the like.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 26, 2017 12:45 AM
Mar 2017
CatSoul said:
I think it's going to be quite a while before anyone tries "audio manga" - we're just now starting to get audiobooks of light novels.

So, what light novels have their own audiobooks? And who does the voices?
May 26, 2017 12:58 AM

Jun 2012
I've only tried to listen once for audio books for light novels, trust me, its shit. It was narrated in a monotonous voice in English.
May 26, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
SamuraiDan88 said:
CatSoul said:

So, what light novels have their own audiobooks? And who does the voices?

Kizumonogatari - One of the people behind it also is on the AoT light novel audio and does some other fantasy books. Others are unknowns.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - Narrated by one guy who usually does fantasy.

Attack on Titan: The Harsh Mistress of the City - Same guy who did Kizumonogatari and another girl.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 26, 2017 4:55 PM
Mar 2017
OK. While I'm not hearing a lot of confidence in the future of audio mangas in North America (I live in Canada by the way), I at least like to hear what voice actor/actresses would be suitable for voicing the characters in To Love-Ru. I've ready mention names like Ben Diskin and Grant George.

Does anyone else have any actor/actress in mind?
May 27, 2017 5:52 PM

Mar 2017
I think it's better for you to read manga, especially To Love-Ru, on your own pace instead of listening to an audio.
It's time to play the Game folks!
May 28, 2017 12:53 AM
Mar 2017
Paul_Levesque said:
I think it's better for you to read manga, especially To Love-Ru, on your own pace instead of listening to an audio.

Well I thank you for pointing that out and I've already read the To Love-Ru manga (including Darkness) a number of times. But it gets tiresome after a while of only imagining how these characters sound and what emotions are going through their heads. It just makes me want to see more out of it.

If it wasn't so damn impossible, I would love to see XEBEC reboot that anime altogether to get it more closer to the manga followed by an English dub. It would have to be dubbed by a different company 'cause Sentai Filmworks just wouldn't dub an anime with that many episodes. They're not Funimation.

Say whatever you like but compared to an audio manga, a rebooted anime coupled with an English dub seems way far off from happening (at least that's what I think anyway).

More topics from this board

» Any manga out that opposite to world end harem?

Darkrazor22 - 12 minutes ago

0 by Darkrazor22 »»
12 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1070 by monkeyzone1 »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

394 by Brandonismyfoe »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » why do some people hate manhwa/ua so much???

FruitPunchBaka - May 6

14 by Cammell »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Cid Kagenou vs Lloyd Shaloum

GuyFreakz - Yesterday

0 by GuyFreakz »»
Yesterday, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.