Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 22, 2017 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
Hi, recently I started reading Re:Monster and I came to love how smart and cruel MC can be. I don't want any weak and cowardly MCs, basically the most ideal one (I know it's probably impossible) would be someone like Rou, whose days mostly look like this: fight, train, have sex and repeat. MC that will do anything to succeed and get stronger.
I also really like the theme of evolution by absorbing other things or some kind of power ups, that drastically change both the abilities and the looks of the character. Do you have any recommendations?
NomoriMay 22, 2017 2:48 PM
May 22, 2017 5:22 PM

Feb 2013
Try these series out they have main charters that all go through drastic transformations similar to Re:Monster and while not exactly the same I'm sure it's what your looking for XD

Also I'm not sure if you read the Light novel for Re:monster or if you read the Manga but personally the light novel is better as is the same for the series I'm suggesting. Although if you really don't like light novels they both have manga as well

https://myanimelist.net/manga/96528/Arifureta_Shokugyou_de_Sekai_Saikyou
https://myanimelist.net/manga/87609/Tensei_shitara_Slime_Datta_Ken

May 23, 2017 7:29 AM

Oct 2015
You can find plenty of characters with those traits at Chinese web novel, so you may try searching manhua? I know nothing about manhua though.

Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka has evolution aspect.
May 25, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2014
Thanks a lot!
I'll definitely check them out
May 28, 2017 5:20 AM
Sep 2016
Kind of want to say tales of demons and gods because he can transform and wants to get stronger, he can be ruthless at times and its an all round good manhua :)
Jun 6, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2014
Beatles said:
Kind of want to say tales of demons and gods because he can transform and wants to get stronger, he can be ruthless at times and its an all round good manhua :)

I just finished reading it in one night (I slept 2 hours...), it's kinda what I was looking for and I absolutely loved it! :D

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken and Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka are also amazing! It's sad that updates take so much time.. :/

All that's left for now is Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou, but it only has 12 chapters.. I think I'll wait until it has more.

If anyone has any other ideas, please post them :)
Oct 23, 2017 6:36 AM

Sep 2014
Some time has passed and I need more manga of this kind

So far I've read everything mentioned above plus The Gamer.

Do you have any other ideas? Both Manga and Manhua are okay.
Oct 23, 2017 12:50 PM
Jun 2017
Life Howling-Jung Yoon-hwan may be an orphan but he was a college student who was focusing hard on his studies. One day he is brought to a mysterious "White room" to fight even when he does not want to. Every time he defeats these monsters he gains psychic power, magic, and items beyond his imaginations...
Oct 27, 2017 9:27 AM

Sep 2014
Already finished Life Howling, it's a shame there's no further scanlations.

Any other recommendations?
Oct 27, 2017 12:20 PM

Nov 2016
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1677167
im also looking for 'isekais', which are pretty much like remonster. evolving somewhat equals to adapting to another world.

most isekais ive read so far have OP MCs, remonsters a bit on the matureish side. for a darker twist, try dungeon seeker.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Jan 12, 2019 4:45 PM
Jan 2019
Tensei Shitara Dragon no Tamago Datta - Saikyou Igai Mezasa Nee
Essentially re monster but with a dragon not goblin, sadly only seven chapters
Jan 12, 2019 4:52 PM

Mar 2018
try these:

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
Sono Mono. Nochi ni...: Futsuu no Otoko, Saikyou no Michi wo Yuku.
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
Choujin Koukousei-tachi wa Isekai demo Yoyuu de Ikinuku you desu!
Douluo Dalu
Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru
Tsuyokute New Saga
Evangelion is shit
Oct 28, 2020 9:51 AM
Oct 2020
Old thread, but some good ones I know are:
So I’m a Spider, So what?(蜘蛛ですが、なにか?)
The Unwanted Undead Adventurer(望まぬ不死の冒険者)
(not exactly evolution but..) To Your Eternity(不滅のあなたへ)

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - May 5

7 by ST63LTH »»
2 hours ago

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - 4 hours ago

3 by ST63LTH »»
2 hours ago

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - May 3

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
8 hours ago

» looking for animanga/wa/ua like gantz, battle royale, god's will, jagaaaaaan and sweet home

FruitPunchBaka - Today

10 by Toha »»
11 hours ago

» Manga Recomendations

MrShroomzyy - Today

2 by ST63LTH »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.