Forum Settings
Forums

Do You regret spending so much time watching Anime?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 16, 2017 3:47 AM

Mar 2013
Anime's fine. I'd rather regret the time I spent watching hentai.
May 16, 2017 8:20 AM

Aug 2014
I haven't been into anime for long. I started getting seriously into it in 2014. But when I do, its a super intense phase where I basically watch shows continuously (day-night) until I stop for a few months and get into something else, whether it be a show or whatever phase, and then i go straight back into anime again. Every anime I've seen has left me with a strong feeling tied towards it. i haven't seen many compared to you guys but I've enjoyed every second, even if it basically ripped my heart out.

@ OP If you felt it was a chore, why did you do it?
Xtina is my mother!
May 16, 2017 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
I always do: so much time I could spend reading books.
May 16, 2017 10:15 AM

Sep 2014
With Full Time Work or School, Hobbies can take a back seat. I never regret spending time laughing or enjoying the cute moments in anime. I actually regret school more than anime. I didn't have a good plan.
May 16, 2017 10:37 AM

Feb 2012
Unfortunately you can't have only meaningful memorable time all the time. That's how life works. Even if you have a good time, there's always that one time that was better. It's easy to forget the fun you had too, when your life was in a different time and place. That's why you live in the moment and do things what you can here and now.

Certainly, it is possible that I could have read some masterpiece novel instead of watching Haruhi back in the day, but overall I'm still alive and nothing is stopping me from doing it now. I'm not going to blame not doing something on anime, it is me who made and makes the decisions.
May 16, 2017 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
Considering I'm 19, and I started at 18, I've taken up some time that could've been used for something better like applying for scholarships, but for the most part I don't regret it. There's certain animes like Yumeria and Girls High that I see as wasted time while animes like Great Teacher Onizuka and Baka to Test were worth my time.

Only time will tell whether this was worth the time or not.
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
May 16, 2017 11:20 AM

May 2008
I think I wasted more time on tumblr than I did watching anime.
May 16, 2017 1:39 PM
Shukumeironja

Feb 2017
I'm a non-recovering aniholic (literally) and my addiction definitely keeps me from being more productive than I might otherwise be, but I can't really say that I regret spending as much time as I have on the medium, even if it does feel like a chore at times. In fact, I wish I had more time to spend on marathons.

If anything, I regret not watching anime more single-mindedly. (I'm easily distracted and I often used to multitask when watching, though I almost never do that now.) I might say that I regret not having watched more classics, but that can be remedied and, besides, I can appreciate them more now that I'm older. Anime has been a source of enduring enjoyment and inspiration for many years and my debt to it is not negligible.

Yes, there's plenty to dislike in anime, and I think that's partly because the medium is so diverse; it has something for everyone, for better or for worse. I haven't been keeping up with the latest releases (partly because I don't like waiting for new episodes), but the old titles alone would be enough to occupy me with fresh discoveries for the rest of my life.
Hayley_N_HaydetMay 16, 2017 1:46 PM
May 16, 2017 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
My only regret is that I didn't start obsessively watching anime every single day until this year
May 16, 2017 2:12 PM
May 2017
No, I'm new to anime but I've gone on 6 hour binges and I regret none of the time spent, except maybe some of SAO.
May 16, 2017 2:14 PM

Apr 2015
Yes, but I do it anyways. Even when my grades are tanking.
May 17, 2017 12:50 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Not at all. 2k animu and still going strong.
Jun 12, 2017 5:31 AM
Feb 2017
I don't regret anything that I've done, especially watching anime.

Jun 12, 2017 5:37 AM
May 2017
I do regret that I found some really messed up animes because of my damn curiosity.
Jun 12, 2017 5:40 AM
May 2015
not at alll

not
at
alll

btw I wasn't trying to reach the character limit by writing the same thing or anything!
Jun 12, 2017 5:46 AM

Jun 2015
NOPE. Dont regret it at all, however I completely agree with the last thing you said about it feeling like a chore. Its so easy to feel as though watching it is a chore because you feel you need to get it checked off your list. Or you see how much you have to watch and feel that you need to force yourself to get some done or the list will never get smaller.
The best thing to do is just watch anime when you actually feel like it. Who cares about keeping up with everything every season? The moment it becomes boring, drop it, instead of forcing yourself to finish the series...
Jun 12, 2017 6:05 AM

Oct 2016
I do, very very much. I actually didn't watch so many of them, but I sometimes wish anime never existed (when I see how perverse and bland this medium has become). I had much more fun watching Eon Kid, Skyland, Code Lyoko, DISNEY, than any regular Japanese anime (exceptions AOT, Erased, Ghibli movies).
But if you asked me if I regret reading so much manga (not really, anime adaptation almost always destroy manga and its plot, manga is better), or BOOKS (not at all, and I have read numerous, I would say I'm close to 700, but I stopped counting after 500 few years ago, I'm binge reader (carnivore), God knows how many books I have read and I'm not stopping EVER)
Anime has become so boring it's usually not worth time.
Apr 16, 2018 8:16 AM
Feb 2016
Everybody here is like, "pff only 166, this guy is a pleb!" then I go to their profile, 400 anime titles, 90 days spent, he has 166 titles, but 140 days spent..... MMMMMMmmmm.
Apr 16, 2018 8:21 AM

Jun 2012
nope :P it's not like i had anything better to do.
Apr 16, 2018 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
No. I've seen some good anime in my days
Apr 16, 2018 8:31 AM

Apr 2017
I am watching anime for 3 years now, which doesn't seem that much but no, it was totaly worth it because it gave my life some purpose and made me enjoy something for the first time.

[๐ฌ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ซ๐š๐ง ๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง๐›๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ.
๐๐š๐ฐ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ]

๐ข'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ;
๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ]
Apr 16, 2018 8:36 AM

Mar 2018
No at all. And I won't say 'wasted' either. Even including the shows I dropped and the ones I hate.

We're spending time on a hobby we love and that's all. My advice to OP is you should find a better hobby you love more than anime, no offense. (Maybe he found already, since the first post is one year old)

RenkiniApr 16, 2018 8:42 AM

Apr 16, 2018 8:45 AM

Feb 2018
No, its become my life watching anime
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
Apr 16, 2018 5:36 PM

May 2017
Obviously yes, who can not regret to spend time in something you enjoy/ed so much
Apr 16, 2018 5:50 PM

May 2017
Not in this moment,but probs in future
Apr 16, 2018 8:35 PM

Aug 2009
Considering that my completed count is significantly less than the average: ...sometimes.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

28 by vasipi4946 »»
18 seconds ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
7 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
14 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
38 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.