Forum Settings
Forums

manga getting axed because the anime failed to amuse japanese audience (who have shit taste)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 23, 2017 8:35 AM

Feb 2010
jgames111 said:
Pullman said:

With waifu bait.

Also you should get used to using the past tense for Keijo :>.

What waifu bait,there really none at all suprisingly enough which is bad for merchandising.

Most of the girls have strong personality and are independent and when they talk about guys, they are the one who want to hunt for them and not wait for a guy to sweep them off their feet.

Most waifu girl are supposed to be more pure and wait for the right person, and be dependent on the mc male which does not exist. Hell is implied that Sayaka might have a thing for Nozomi, so again nothing really scream waifu.

I mean in the waifu scale from trash to Asuna, they are in the middle, normal ass hardworking woman, with abnormal ass.

Idk, I'm not making a science out of this like you apparently do. If I see a lot of people with sexy avatars and signatures from girls of a certain show, it's a waifu show where the sexy or cute girls are part of the main appeal of the show apparently. End of story. Idc about their personalities or dreams or anything, and neither do the people who fap to their waifus from what I can tell.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 23, 2017 8:40 AM
Jan 2017
Pullman said:
jgames111 said:

What waifu bait,there really none at all suprisingly enough which is bad for merchandising.

Most of the girls have strong personality and are independent and when they talk about guys, they are the one who want to hunt for them and not wait for a guy to sweep them off their feet.

Most waifu girl are supposed to be more pure and wait for the right person, and be dependent on the mc male which does not exist. Hell is implied that Sayaka might have a thing for Nozomi, so again nothing really scream waifu.

I mean in the waifu scale from trash to Asuna, they are in the middle, normal ass hardworking woman, with abnormal ass.

Idk, I'm not making a science out of this like you apparently do. If I see a lot of people with sexy avatars and signatures from girls of a certain show, it's a waifu show where the sexy or cute girls are part of the main appeal of the show apparently. End of story. Idc about their personalities or dreams or anything, and neither do the people who fap to their waifus from what I can tell.

Then any show with cute girl is a waifu including Steven Universe, which really undermined the word, the again most word in anime are misused like Hentai and ecchi, so not really suprising.
Apr 23, 2017 8:45 AM

Feb 2010
jgames111 said:
Pullman said:

With waifu bait.

Also you should get used to using the past tense for Keijo :>.

Idk, I'm not making a science out of this like you apparently do. If I see a lot of people with sexy avatars and signatures from girls of a certain show, it's a waifu show where the sexy or cute girls are part of the main appeal of the show apparently. End of story. Idc about their personalities or dreams or anything, and neither do the people who fap to their waifus from what I can tell.[/quote]

Then any show with cute girl is a waifu including Steven Universe, which really undermined the word, the again most word in anime are misused like Hentai and ecchi, so not really suprising.[/quote]

Did I say 'any show with cute girls'? No I did not. I said only shows where 90% of the fans rock avatars and signatures focused on the sexy and cute girls of that show, in sexy and cute poses, because that's what they mainly take away from the show.

I don't think that's the case with SU from what I've seen among its fanbase. But feel free to tell yourself that the sexy girls aren't what makes Keijo appealing to 90% of its fanbase if it makes you feel better. But most other Keijo fans I've talked to would most likely admit that they enjoy the show for the sexy girls first and foremost (because it's not a bad thing in the first place, which is why I don't get why you're so defensive about it).
Apr 23, 2017 8:46 AM

Sep 2016
sexy girls = waifu now? hehehehehehehehehe
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 23, 2017 8:55 AM
Jan 2017
Pullman said:
jgames111 said:

Then any show with cute girl is a waifu including Steven Universe, which really undermined the word, the again most word in anime are misused like Hentai and ecchi, so not really suprising.[/quote]

Did I say 'any show with cute girls'? No I did not. I said only shows where 90% of the fans rock avatars and signatures focused on the sexy and cute girls of that show, in sexy and cute poses, because that's what they mainly take away from the show.

I don't think that's the case with SU from what I've seen among its fanbase. But feel free to tell yourself that the sexy girls aren't what makes Keijo appealing to 90% of its fanbase if it makes you feel better. But most other Keijo fans I've talked to would most likely admit that they enjoy the show for the sexy girls first and foremost (because it's not a bad thing in the first place, which is why I don't get why you're so defensive about it).[/quote]

I got defensive because you misused the word waifu. Of course one of the reasons why people watch the show is because they have sexy women is a god damn ecchi I know that, is the equivalent of seeing a mecha show with seeing robot action being one of the reason.

Also, you have not seen the fan based on Steven Universe if you think that XD. I hate the internet sometimes. Plus the best waifu is obviously Lapis. (I mean granted none of them are true waifu and are rocks)
Apr 23, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2010
jgames111 said:
Pullman said:

Then any show with cute girl is a waifu including Steven Universe, which really undermined the word, the again most word in anime are misused like Hentai and ecchi, so not really suprising.

I don't think that's the case with SU from what I've seen among its fanbase. But feel free to tell yourself that the sexy girls aren't what makes Keijo appealing to 90% of its fanbase if it makes you feel better. But most other Keijo fans I've talked to would most likely admit that they enjoy the show for the sexy girls first and foremost (because it's not a bad thing in the first place, which is why I don't get why you're so defensive about it).[/quote]

I got defensive because you misused the word waifu. Of course one of the reasons why people watch the show is because they have sexy women is a god damn ecchi I know that, is the equivalent of seeing a mecha show with seeing robot action being one of the reason.

Also, you have not seen the fan based on Steven Universe if you think that XD. I hate the internet sometimes. Plus the best waifu is obviously Lapis. (I mean granted none of them are true waifu and are rocks)
[/quote]

What can I say, you're the first guy I've met whose definition of a waifu is more than just 'this anime girl I find sexy/cute and like a lot and put on my profile/avatar/signature for everyone to see'. So I don't think I've really 'misused' it unless everyone misuses it, but okay.

And of course people like that will exist in every large enough fanbase and every show can have nice waifu material even if it isn't the main point of the show to highlight cute or sexy girls. Keijo definitely falls into the latter category, while SU obviously doesn't. I could go on backing up that argument by referring to the large female and SJW fanbases of the show, or the amount of character designs that don't fit the classic stereotype of sexy/cute but I think it should be pretty obvious that the two shows have different appeals overall.

Not that I'm particularly eager to continue a debate on waifu semantics that originated from a post that I mostly wrote because OP seemed to get salty about Keijo being labeled as waifu bait and I happened to run out of salt earlier that day. I'm fine with being labeled as someone who doesn't use the term waifu in its most complex meaning but instead simplifies it to just cute/sexy girls that people like.
Apr 23, 2017 9:20 AM

Feb 2013
Pullman said:
What can I say, you're the first guy I've met whose definition of a waifu is more than just 'this anime girl I find sexy/cute and like a lot and put on my profile/avatar/signature for everyone to see'. So I don't think I've really 'misused' it unless everyone misuses it, but okay.
waifu dynamics are complex
what if your 'anime girl you find sexy/cute and like a lot and put on your profile/avatar/signature for everyone to see' AKA waifu is not looking for a husbando? maybe she's lesbian or a strong independant woman who dont need no man.. can you still call her a waifu? remember our exchange about Lina?
waifu scientists and philosophers are still debating this

gosh darn those broken quotes >_<
Apr 23, 2017 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
Pullman said:
jgames111 said:

I don't think that's the case with SU from what I've seen among its fanbase. But feel free to tell yourself that the sexy girls aren't what makes Keijo appealing to 90% of its fanbase if it makes you feel better. But most other Keijo fans I've talked to would most likely admit that they enjoy the show for the sexy girls first and foremost (because it's not a bad thing in the first place, which is why I don't get why you're so defensive about it).

And of course people like that will exist in every large enough fanbase and every show can have nice waifu material even if it isn't the main point of the show to highlight cute or sexy girls. Keijo definitely falls into the latter category, while SU obviously doesn't. I could go on backing up that argument by referring to the large female and SJW fanbases of the show, or the amount of character designs that don't fit the classic stereotype of sexy/cute but I think it should be pretty obvious that the two shows have different appeals overall.

Not that I'm particularly eager to continue a debate on waifu semantics that originated from a post that I mostly wrote because OP seemed to get salty about Keijo being labeled as waifu bait and I happened to run out of salt earlier that day. I'm fine with being labeled as someone who doesn't use the term waifu in its most complex meaning but instead simplifies it to just cute/sexy girls that people like.[/quote]

who excalty said that" i find this character cute and sexy and i like her so she my waifu" when people put the character on there profile or signature dosnt mean those girls are waifu just cause of there look or just cause they have the character as there avatar or signautre dosnt also means its there waifu and and no one use the waifu tearm this way you are the first who i saw use the term this way.
xxXHARSHXxxApr 23, 2017 10:04 AM
Apr 23, 2017 9:24 AM

Feb 2010
romagia said:
Pullman said:
what if your 'anime girl you find sexy/cute and like a lot and put on your profile/avatar/signature for everyone to see' AKA waifu is not looking for a husbando? maybe she's lesbian or a strong independant woman who dont need no man.. can you still call her a waifu? remember our exchange about Lina?

I wasn't aware I entered such a philosophical mine field. From my outside perspective waifu-ism always seemed so simple. But I honestly don't care about these finer points so I'll leave other scholars to deal with them.
Apr 23, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2015
Pullman said:
romagia said:

I wasn't aware I entered such a philosophical mine field. From my outside perspective waifu-ism always seemed so simple. But I honestly don't care about these finer points so I'll leave other scholars to deal with them.

I must agree with Romagia-sensei here, I love Ryuuko pics of all kind, but she's certainly not my waifu. She's lez.
Apr 23, 2017 10:12 AM
Jan 2017
The science of waifu is important in anime when most of your merchandising depend on it.

Is one of the reasons Keijo fail (and not the fact that the absurd concept might put people off, and the fact that it did not start slowly like the manga, which I honestly like the fact that they started with the school instead of the training facility, but wish they did go into a bit more on Nozomi background, but aside from that the anime was surprisingly amazing).

Apr 23, 2017 10:31 AM

Nov 2016
Your fathers coming home later to beat your ass for yelling at your mom.
Apr 23, 2017 11:02 AM

Sep 2009
Perhaps the Japs finally realized how offensive it was? Lol
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 23, 2017 11:16 AM

Mar 2013
It's seems that the translation of Sorayomi's note is fake. The note never happened.

https://twitter.com/CanipaShow/status/855713887928205314
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/66yfl8/keijo_manga_ended_because_the_mangaka_concluded/

I tried hard to find Sorayomi's supposed note in Yareon to put it in google translate but guess what?
Is not there! Someone with bad intention just spread this like it was true. It's not even in Sorayomi's blog.

So the thing is: The guy just ended the manga with 17 volumes!

ALSO THE REDDIT POST WAS EDITED: https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/66ojhv/keijo_is_getting_axed_next_chapter_is_the_last_one/

"EDIT: As some have pointed out, there is no actual source for this outside of /a/ and nothing on the author's blog mentions it. This is most likely fake."
_junoApr 23, 2017 1:04 PM
Apr 23, 2017 6:09 PM

Mar 2008
i laughed so much i can't stop it...the madness with fake news, lol

Apr 23, 2017 6:12 PM
Mar 2017
Such a shame. Such a stain on the manga/anime medium will not be washed away.
Apr 23, 2017 7:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
can we all realize now that we got trolled and the manga is just ending?
Apr 23, 2017 7:56 PM

Jul 2014
lol wow, everyone got rickrolled basically?
Apr 23, 2017 9:03 PM

Dec 2009
Prison School did not sell well either, given it got more comedy and 'plot'
There are a few more similar manga, some being too risky to be animated, like Seishokuki
Apr 23, 2017 10:20 PM

Apr 2013
Lol no you're the one with the shit taste. Keijo is great for memes, but its one of the dumbest anime I've ever watched. There is actually a character...with a dog spirit thing living in her butt, and it would chase after other girls butts.

Apr 24, 2017 1:32 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly Keijo!!!!!!!! was just an average ecchi. People just liked it more for the ridiculous idea than anything else ... ya'know characters ... fan-service ... story, smt.

When all it has is a gimmick and nothing to back it up ... it won't be long until the consumers start loosing interest, and it gets stale. And yet, it lasted for 18 volumes, so it didn't do bad at all, so stop making so much drama out of something that needed to end eventually.
Apr 24, 2017 3:11 AM
May 2015
Keijo? ranked #1? Don't joke around, how can a manga like Keijo which is about asses hitting other asses be good? Sorry but the audience who has shit taste isnt the Japanese audience, it's people like you who take such manga seriously. I feel like laughing now.
Apr 24, 2017 3:36 AM

Jan 2008
The anime sold piss-poor because it didn't have any nudity and people expected nudity, especially in a plot like this. This is why the anime bombed. It's simple.
Apr 24, 2017 7:26 AM

Jun 2014
Thread locked.

Please refer to this for the news on Keijo - https://myanimelist.net/news/50450827
Also, please try to provide a source for such discussions.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

16 by cyandaqil »»
2 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

21 by luckyrune »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

31 by 707supremacist »»
11 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

52 by SuperAdventure »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.