Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2017 9:12 PM
Sep 2014
I mean I know it's too early to tell but from what we've seen so far do you think it might have the potential to surpass naruto?
The reason I ask this, is because I believe it does.
as seen in previous episode, fights in boruto is back to basics. that is, using strategy and tactics in battle instead of just overpowered dbz showdowns we saw in most of shippuden. it's a series based on ninjas and ninjas are basically known for their deception and trickery and not charging head on in a battle.
that was what naruto started as initially. in land of wave arcs, when sasuke and naruto team up against zabuza, it was their wits and strategy that helped them get through.
also,arguably one of the best arcs of naruto including shippuden was the chunin exams arc which was basically strategic battles all around, and that's what we all loved naruto for.
I think that's where hunter x hunter beats naruto. it stayed on that path and never really took that overpowered step.
I know, it's far too early to tell if bourto will stay on the same path or if this series too will succumb to weird overpowered eye fetish of kishimoto but from the looks of it, I think the animators realize the need for strategies and trickery in battle.
Apr 14, 2017 3:18 AM

Oct 2013
It's ok man, let's do our bets.
As I commented on Boruto's episodes 1-2 pages (pt-br)
I think it will be hard to surpass Naruto. I was criticized, some people wrote that was useless to compare the both series but I don't think so.

For me It is natural that after Naruto, people get high expectations. Even being Boruto now an independent serie, still has universe appropriation.
Another main character and generation doesn't nullify this.

So Do I hate Boruto? nah. I don't. I just thought these two episodes very weak. I believe his goals is about to coming but while this not come, the feel is that they are improvising like fillers.

Of course, It is still early to afirm that will be always this way but it misses something, you know? Maybe some dramatical appeals that I'm so familiarized with (don't blame me, I always had Naruto ok?! lol) and that's why I am comparing. I know aren't Boruto's fault.

Boruto have proved that is determinaded as much as his father, that he's different from him, and that he is suitable for walk in your own ninja way so that's why I'll keep watching waiting for that evolution. Some people says that he looks like his father but I see kinda of Sasuke in him. I really do.
Lil rebel, confiant, with good reflexs and skills... I like this guy.

I hope I'm wrong for thinking difficult to surpass, but even Naruto was difficult to keep quality... so, Let's see and cheer. kekek
Apr 14, 2017 3:26 AM

Feb 2015
Dude, this is just a fan service series based on an already milked franchise. Of course it will not be better than Naruto...
Apr 14, 2017 3:31 AM
Apr 2017
I think it may surpass Naruto and even develop a semi-new world: we saw the technological progress in konoha and also the "tattoos" on Boruto's and Kawaki's arms are something to think about. Maybe they are something different from chakra and jutsu based on it, maybe they are a new way of fighting, a new "power" that only the new generation will develop.

The world'll remain the same, yeah, but they can change a lot of things in it and if they work hard they can make a new masterpiece. Unfortunately it seems they don't want to let Naruto and the other "old" people go and they're still focusing on them: every son has the characteristics of his parents, Shikadai, Chocho, Inojin, Sarada and even Boruto (less than the others) are a sort of young copies of their parents. I wonder why they don't create new characters with new personalities.
Apr 14, 2017 5:42 AM
Oct 2016
Newgate_ said:
I think it may surpass Naruto and even develop a semi-new world: we saw the technological progress in konoha and also the "tattoos" on Boruto's and Kawaki's arms are something to think about. Maybe they are something different from chakra and jutsu based on it, maybe they are a new way of fighting, a new "power" that only the new generation will develop.

The world'll remain the same, yeah, but they can change a lot of things in it and if they work hard they can make a new masterpiece. Unfortunately it seems they don't want to let Naruto and the other "old" people go and they're still focusing on them: every son has the characteristics of his parents, Shikadai, Chocho, Inojin, Sarada and even Boruto (less than the others) are a sort of young copies of their parents. I wonder why they don't create new characters with new personalities.

I think Kishimoto himself raised this issue in an interview, it's always something to consider as we don't want to watch the same thing happening again.

Since a lot of fans already have pre-existing connections to past characters, it's hard for fans to gain a connection with the new generation if they don't have slight similarities. I think although it can be said they act like their parents, their own personalities still come through.

I think Metal lee's introduction in the next ep is going to be more interesting :D
it seems he can actually do something other than Taijutsu, which is ofc completely different to Lee's and Gai Sensei's situation.
Apr 14, 2017 8:32 AM
Apr 2017
tam_0146 said:
Newgate_ said:

I think Kishimoto himself raised this issue in an interview, it's always something to consider as we don't want to watch the same thing happening again.

Since a lot of fans already have pre-existing connections to past characters, it's hard for fans to gain a connection with the new generation if they don't have slight similarities. I think although it can be said they act like their parents, their own personalities still come through.

I think Metal lee's introduction in the next ep is going to be more interesting :D
it seems he can actually do something other than Taijutsu, which is ofc completely different to Lee's and Gai Sensei's situation.

I hope you're right, but i don't think that we'll see a Shikadai, a Chocho or an Inojin without their parents' personalities. Maybe Boruto or Sarada might be a bit different. On the other side, I'm interested in Mitsuki.
Apr 17, 2017 1:28 PM
Apr 2017
Boruto?! All I ses is a Naruto ripoff with a B: Boruto has a teacher named Bakashi, who is also the teacher of Basuke and Bakura. Boruto is in love with Bakura but she is in love with Basuke. Borutos true love will eventually be Binata. Did I mention that everyon is a Binja.
Jk, but let's make it simple:
"Boruto: Next Generations", if done wright, might have potential to surpass "Naruto". That will be really tough because "Naruto" is good, but it is also the first anime for many anime fans today, and they will look trough the mistakes of "Naruto" because of this, but they might be harsh in judging "Boruto: NG" 'cause it, as much as it can be good, also has the potential to ruin someones childhood with bad characters, plot and so on.
Apr 19, 2017 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
If Itachi and madara return and don't lose, then maybe.
Apr 19, 2017 10:10 AM

Jul 2015
everything after the pain vs naruto/itachi vs sasuke fights isnt even noteworthy. same goes to this sequel.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Apr 19, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
Yeah it have potential. Potential to have more fillers than Naruto...
Apr 19, 2017 11:33 AM

May 2014
Unless it has a curry of life arc it will never surpass Naruto!!

Seriously though, at this point i'm not interested. The original Naruto was great. It had interesting fights with tactics and a lot of heart to it. I just don't feel any of that from any of the new stuff,including a lot of Shippuden.

Naruto should have completely ended with The Last:Naruto the movie, in my opinion anyway. Come on it's in the title!!

Apr 19, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2016
JonasTheJay said:
Dude, this is just a fan service series based on an already milked franchise. Of course it will not be better than Naruto...

Most accurate thing have read today
Apr 19, 2017 1:43 PM

Mar 2009
Swagernator said:

Considering that after 3 episodes we have only 2 minutes of canon material. Really after some many jokes about fillers in Naruto they stared Boruto with fillers...
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Apr 19, 2017 2:31 PM

Apr 2014
robhans said:
Swagernator said:

Considering that after 3 episodes we have only 2 minutes of canon material. Really after some many jokes about fillers in Naruto they stared Boruto with fillers...

Anime original =/= Fillers
Apr 20, 2017 2:07 AM
Apr 2017
robhans said:
Swagernator said:

Dude, if there is a montly manga series how could you expect they don't create any original material?
Apr 20, 2017 2:21 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, of course not.
The kids will never surpass their parents, they will never have a decent enemy, not even one at the level of Orochimaru.
Apr 21, 2017 5:28 AM
Apr 2015
No , if the authors think that some of the Naruto fans wil easily acknowledge Boruto , then idk lol it doesn't imo have anything better . Definitely there were more interesting characters in Naruto .
Apr 24, 2017 7:38 PM

Apr 2011
Consideri
Ulquiorra said:
Lol, of course not.
The kids will never surpass their parents, they will never have a decent enemy, not even one at the level of Orochimaru.
Ulquiorra said:
Lol, of course not.

Orochimaru stopped being relevant since Shippuden started
Apr 24, 2017 8:53 PM

May 2010
Absolutely no, it's all a recycled story and characters after all. It's not like Naruto was the most brilliant and original anime/manga to begin with, and spin-off like this isn't there to explore new possibilities. It's a simple cash-grab, I don't think we should expect grand new plot, epic fights, or anything like that.

Boruto's gonna talk-no-justsu through everything anyway :v
Apr 24, 2017 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
Maybe when it have something remotely original.

Apr 28, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2007
lol no. no way haha
MelissaRedburm said:
Boruto?! All I ses is a Naruto ripoff with a B: Boruto has a teacher named Bakashi, who is also the teacher of Basuke and Bakura. Boruto is in love with Bakura but she is in love with Basuke. Borutos true love will eventually be Binata. Did I mention that everyon is a Binja.

Kitsu-nee said:
Boruto's gonna talk-no-justsu through everything anyway :v

lmao you guys :'D
see you, space cowperson . . .
May 4, 2017 7:56 PM

Jun 2010
Maybe yes, considering that Boruto is matched with Sarada
Aug 31, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2017
There is one thing that has been improved in boruto.It is that we saw Sakura punching Shin when Naruto and Sasuke was wounded (or maybe scratched) . Sakura actually was not totally useless.
The signature was removed as it was too awesome for mortals to live through.It has already destroyed 35 super computers . We have to make sure it is not used for serial killings and mass-murders.Please don't use words that can kill the mortals by it's awesomeness.
Sep 1, 2017 9:28 PM

Mar 2014
LOLWUT? This doesn't even have the potential to be mediocre.
Sep 6, 2017 12:08 PM
May 2011
They shouldn't be able to, logically.

but really i don't see why they would even need too.
Sep 6, 2017 2:14 PM

Dec 2009
ziggy_Z said:
LOLWUT? This doesn't even have the potential to be mediocre.

Have you even been watching the series? It's had some damn near fantastic episodes, super quality artwork, near movie level animation for its big fight scenes, etc. It's a done a fantastic job so far as a follow up to Shippuden.
Sep 6, 2017 3:43 PM
Mar 2015
I like the new cast better than the old cast and considering how good ghe last episode was i am sure it has the potential to surpass naruto & shippuden. Shippuden had a lot of shitty fillers while boruto only had 1 episode i disliked(the one where sarada lost a teddy bear).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.