Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Nov 1, 2023 11:24 PM

Jul 2016
As far as bittersweet endings go, I'm kind of content with this one. While tragic in some aspects, this outcome makes sense and the survivors got to have happy conclusions more or less. The kid just being a mini Mikazuki pallette swapped to Atra's hair colors is perfect lol

And honestly, the sadness from this pales to the satisfaction of Iok and Nobliss getting their just desserts. Kudos to Akihiro and Ride for that.
Nov 4, 2023 4:44 AM

Jul 2016
I was dissapointed here,suddenly Rustel decided to forget Kudelia and everything she knew about his shady plans,also Julieta plot armor,it wasnt perfect but it was very good tragic story about orphans born from blood who lived by the sword and died by the sword.🫡

8/10 from me

I do hope we get an OVA maybe one that tells story of Ride and the rest of Tekkadan who still want revenge.
Nov 9, 2023 11:24 PM

Oct 2016
I seriously don't know what to feel about this ending. It's great, but there was too much bloodshed. If this feeling is bittersweet... then it's definitely more bitter.
Jan 27, 7:42 PM

Jul 2009
I haven't written much impressions on Anime episodes in a long time, but I had to right now.

I don't like how Gundam Bael was defeated so easily. Even if Gaelio went hard on McGillis. I still feel that McGillis would have defeated Gaelio since they were totting the Gundam as some sort of Legend that would have destroyed the entire fleet on its own. I would have love McGillis vs Rustian and was wondering if he also pilots another Gundam like.

I'm just going to chalk it up as McGillis not being able to utilize it fully. If this was piloted by Mikazuki, he would have defeated everyone on Mars and went to space and killed Rustian and its army all in one single fight.

I know war is not fair, but the only reason they were able to defeat Barabatos and Tekkadan is using the dainsleif weapon. Without that, Barabotos would have still wreck everyone.

Also good to see Mikazuki getting his Harem with Kudelia and Atra. I thought they were joking about getting a baby, but he really did it.

Just wish they showed some scene if you know what I mean? If this was Gundam Seed (Especially the Flay scenes), we would have gotten or at least shown some teaser

I didn't expect much on the series, but there were definitely some great moments. Just wish the final battle was a bit better.

I give it 8.5-8.8, but since MAL doesn't allow decimals (Please change this). I'm just going to round it to 9.

They also announced Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Urdr-Hunt film based on the Gacha game that was shut down.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1745298199227543667

There were episodes in the mobile game itself that had original characters etc.

This will get a Movie version:

Not sure where they are in the timeline, but at least we'll get a bit more Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans.

I'm finally back for more Gundam goodness! We'll be doing more shows for sure! Especially since Gundam Seed Freedom Movie is out now!

Time to rewatch for sure!
SomaHeirJan 27, 7:55 PM
Feb 3, 10:28 PM
Nov 2023
Very beautiful sad and wowowow!
Feb 9, 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
i cried so much that this ending gave me a headache.
i think this was one of the most intense endings i ever seen, and i loved every part of it.
this show captured my heart from the beginning, and seeing how things ended really broke me.
this show will absolutely enter my favorite animes list, it was a rollercoaster and i don't know if i will ever have the strenght to rewatch it.
The final battle with mikazuki and akihiro against everyone was fantastic even if i really hate the fact that Rustal survived, even if he made reforms to help mars, he was still a horrible man, clever but i despised him so much.
The scene where Ride shoots that human shit of nobliss gordon wearing orga's scarf and using mikazuki's pistol was the cherry on the cake, and seeing Atra and Kudelia with mika's son was so touching.
a wonderul show, for me a 10/10.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Apr 1, 9:27 AM
Dec 2019
An actually fantastic Gundam series. What a rarity. There was a bit of a hiccup when it shifted over focus after season 1 but it really picked up steam after the new characters established themselves. It did everything Code Geass wanted to but ultimately mucked up in the second half. Just absolutely fantastic on every level.

Very fitting that the show comes full circle and the Tekkadan boys duked it out with Gjallarhorn out on the CGS lawn on Mars. Akihiro killing Iok was grim as hell but he absolutely deserved it despite the hollowness of revenge being an important part of the show. Although Nobliss getting his by Ride is also another deserved end. Maybe Iok had redeeming qualities but Nobliss is just Jasley with more money.

I kind of didn't like what a crutch the Dainsleif becomes to wrap things up though. Just finding one on the Turbines ship was enough evidence for Gjallarhorn to exterminate the whole group but Elion feels comfortable using them at full scale in multiple battles? Its hand waved away as "Nobliss just buries the media" but come on. I suppose its ultimately a nitpick but it is one of the few things that bothered me.

Mikazuki's (Crescent moon) son being named Akatsuki (Dawn) is a cute detail. All the morally functional characters ended up alright in the end. Even Gaelio and Julietta end up alright even if they lost almost everything for a guy that didn't really care that much about them. Everyone paid a big price but one way or another everyone got what they deserved.
Apr 18, 2:13 PM
Dec 2023
Just felt rushed and very poorly written.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2017

267 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.