Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2010 12:01 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I LOVED IT
Feb 19, 2010 10:54 AM

Oct 2009
yeah me too!! but it was too short short!! and shit, the poor owl got taken down. who was it going to deliver the letter to?
i was actually thinking that phelphs guy is the murder but apparently not o.O
who knows...
shiiiiiiiiiiiit now we have to wait till march!! NOT FAIRRRRRRRR
WANT MOAR KUROSHITSUJI
Feb 19, 2010 11:01 AM

Nov 2008
That was a great chapter, but we are still in the same arc. And we'll have to wait another month. I wish they would release it at least every two or three weeks.

I also did though that Phelps was the killer, its always the one that we never suspect.

I like Taka's personality, he has not taken his chibi form in a long time, and that owl, I bet Sebastian sent it to Soma and his butler. I had forgotten about them. LOL
Feb 19, 2010 11:08 AM

Jan 2010
Aaah, toooo short! But it's here, and that is the most important thing :D
Hmm i kinda think Tanaka is weird in this ch, he is acting like Sebastian.. It's truly weird.. And goood, that owl :((( It's strange.. Who'll wait one whole month!? :((
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Feb 19, 2010 11:43 AM

Oct 2009
yeah tanaka really is actuing like...OH WAIT crazy ideas time. XD sorry
uh no no
yeah/
poor bird
i dunno, it could have been to undertaker as well
too short!! way too short!
Feb 19, 2010 11:54 AM

Dec 2008
I honestly think it's Sebastian who's going around killing everyone and just staged his death. And did anyone catch that look Ciel had? Now I'm almost positive Ciel is the one behind all of this...>.>
Feb 19, 2010 11:57 AM
Jan 2009
The owl. );
Feb 19, 2010 12:02 PM

Nov 2009
PenguinChika said:
The owl. );

my thoughts exactly =(
"Father yearned for yesterday. You yearn for today. I yearn for tomorrow." -Lelouch
Feb 19, 2010 12:36 PM
Oct 2008
Too short. D:
Soma and Agni....I forgot about them....
I think this is all staged by Ciel and Sebastien but Charles is a little too calm.
Can't wait for this arc to end and everything to be revealed.

And....I miss Tanaka's chibi form. =(
Feb 19, 2010 1:47 PM

Dec 2007
Not saying I believe Mr. Phelps is the killer, but just because he's "dead" doesn't mean he isn't the killer, or at least still suspicious. It could even be the German(?) guy. There have been plenty of twists in fiction where killers stage their deaths to avoid suspicion.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Feb 19, 2010 2:08 PM
Nov 2009
Oh my... it's pity this one was so short... And we still don't now anything. Well, it's gonna be a long month
But there is this air of suspicion around the remaining guys there :)
Feb 19, 2010 2:29 PM

Oct 2009
too short! too too too short! :( :( :(

who killed the owl? was it an angel? demon? shinigami? grah i must know.
Feb 19, 2010 2:42 PM

Apr 2009
I really cant wait for everything to be revealed. I miss Sebastain already. It was nice to see Soma and Agni again.

And why kill the owl? And who?
Feb 19, 2010 3:15 PM
Aug 2008
i wonder how they're gonna bring sebastian back if he's pretending to be dead.
Feb 19, 2010 3:48 PM

Nov 2008
CallMeYourLover said:
i wonder how they're gonna bring sebastian back if he's pretending to be dead.

That is true, if he is to come back then they will have to kill all the witnesses so that they don't realize that he is a demon.

I just hope that they don't "erase" their memories.
Feb 19, 2010 5:57 PM

Jun 2008
I'm still wondering what the point of this whole thing is D: Maybe I missed it.

I'm still betting on Ciel and Sebastian being behind it. And I just can't rule out Lau. He's too sly. Maybe I just WANT Lau to be behind it <3

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Feb 19, 2010 9:15 PM

Jul 2008

And I'm officially bored with this arc. It feels like some weird filler.

BEGINNER
Feb 19, 2010 11:46 PM

Oct 2009
The owl will be the clue ? =.=
I wonder what's the motive of killing the 3 of them. sigh.

but this rather interesting. XD

Feb 20, 2010 12:20 AM

Mar 2009
I don't agree with the killing spree and gore but I like how I see different sides and expressions of ciel ^_^
Feb 20, 2010 3:16 AM

Nov 2008
Argh, another one dead. I really wonder how they'll clear all this up and how they'll explain that Sebastian lives o__o (In the end, they'll say it was just a very convincing doll :'D)
Now that we saw Soma and Agni, I'm sure they'll have a role, too. Maybe… xD
And gosh, Tanaka is so cool, I love him like that XD Though, the chibi is cute too. And the poor Owl D:

Feb 20, 2010 3:42 AM

Mar 2008
TOO SHORT.
Agh I was expecting more D: I don't want to wait for a whole month again. ;___;
Feb 20, 2010 7:32 AM

Apr 2009
Loved it!!!
And now th owl's taken down... who was it for?! I really wanna know T.T
And it looks like Tanaka's the head butler now. And I really liked his reference to Ciel's father there, too.
Third man died. I seriously can't wait for the next chapter!!!
Feb 20, 2010 7:40 AM

Jun 2008
am i the only one who finds it a wee bit funny when mr wordsmith was describing how sebastien was killed.
Feb 20, 2010 8:30 AM

Aug 2007
wowie tanaka!

Feb 20, 2010 9:32 AM

Jan 2009
OMG Charles is so hot, it's a crime *_*!!

I was really looking forward to see how Ciel would act after how he reacted last time but now I'm convinced his "nervous breakdown" was fake.
It's been a while since I've seen Tanaka being "serious" for so long ^_^

But it was just too short -_-...

P.S.: It looks the Mr Phelps isn't the culprit after all... Could this all be a sick plan of Ciel's to kill ALL of his guests [except Lau and Charles I hope :D] ? And could the howl be send to Undertaker to let him know that he'll have some coffins to make ?

Oh I just hope it's not all just a set-up to inspire Wordsmith's next book. That would be the lamest reason...

Feb 20, 2010 9:55 AM

Jun 2009
adamantine said:

And I'm officially bored with this arc. It feels like some weird filler.

I actually feel the same way. To me the chapter almost drags, it boring and everyone is out of character. That is just my feelings on it.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Feb 20, 2010 10:30 AM

Oct 2009
i dunno i find it quite exciting and keeps me trying to think who's the culprit. charles reminds me of fai XD
Feb 20, 2010 4:32 PM

Dec 2009
I keep getting this feeling that all this will be some inspiration to Mr.wordsmith's new novel.
The way he was describing Sebastian's possible death was strange.
Tanaka was amazing in this chapter, but overall I'm not sure where it's going?
And why was it so short ;(
Feb 20, 2010 8:52 PM

Jul 2008
Suzune-chan said:
I actually feel the same way. To me the chapter almost drags, it boring and everyone is out of character. That is just my feelings on it.
There's just no direction at the moment. Why is this happening? If it's some weird set up to inspire "Mr. Wordsmith" I wont be pleased. If it's some supernatural thing I'm going to annoyed that it we had to go through so many chapters of nothing to get any plot.

I don't care about any of the characters who died because I barely knew them and I don't believe for a second that Sebastian is dead. :|

BEGINNER
Feb 21, 2010 4:32 AM

Jan 2010
RadioLetters said:
I keep getting this feeling that all this will be some inspiration to Mr.wordsmith's new novel.
The way he was describing Sebastian's possible death was strange.
Tanaka was amazing in this chapter, but overall I'm not sure where it's going?
And why was it so short ;(

Jup, I too think this will be inspiration for Wordsmith's new novel :P Gosh, I reeeeeally want new chapter >.<
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Feb 22, 2010 5:38 AM

Oct 2008
Aww it was too short! I really wanted to read more. :(
I also get the feeling it's all a setup for Mr Wordsmith. That sideways glace of Ciel's on page 6 seems awfully suspicious. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Although, the owl getting taken out doesn't seem to fit somehow. Why would Sebastian send out an owl with a letter for it to just get stopped from delivering it? Unless it's just part of some elaborate plot?

DinaraC said:
am i the only one who finds it a wee bit funny when mr wordsmith was describing how sebastien was killed.

I did too. I'm not sure why but it made me laugh. If it turns out that Sebastian really is dead I'm going to feel terrible. XD
Feb 22, 2010 12:28 PM

Nov 2008
So short..
Who was the guy on the throne with the black cat next to him? The culprit?
Or was it someone from the group that said those lines while having that aura around him? For some reason it's possible I didn't recognize him, but he looked like the Word Smith. Was it just me or didn't that scene look badly out of place?

Mangafox has deleted all the scans from their site btw, because of the Yen Press license. (Quite late actually, as I may say so.) Onemanga etc. still has it on though..
desolatoFeb 22, 2010 12:33 PM
Feb 22, 2010 2:52 PM

Oct 2008
desolato said:
So short..
Or was it someone from the group that said those lines while having that aura around him? For some reason it's possible I didn't recognize him, but he looked like the Word Smith. Was it just me or didn't that scene look badly out of place?

Mangafox has deleted all the scans from their site btw, because of the Yen Press license. (Quite late actually, as I may say so.) Onemanga etc. still has it on though..

Wasn't that guy Ciel's dad?
Feb 22, 2010 9:07 PM

Jul 2008
kokocho said:
desolato said:
So short..

Yeah, that was Vincent Phantomhive and Sebastian the dog.

BEGINNER
Feb 23, 2010 3:56 AM

Nov 2008
adamantine said:
kokocho said:
desolato said:
So short..

Yeah, that was Vincent Phantomhive and Sebastian the dog.

So was it a painting then? I didn't really follow that scene..
Feb 23, 2010 7:30 AM

Jul 2008
desolato said:
So was it a painting then? I didn't really follow that scene..
It was Tanaka flashing back to his memories of Vincent because he was chastising Ciel for losing composure, something Vincent never did.

BEGINNER
Mar 2, 2010 1:35 PM
Aug 2009
It's scary O.o

I'm very grateful to Finny, he was awesome, only he remember about Ciel when they start talking about Sebastian's dead. Poor Ciel... I think he is really upset... or I would rather say, that he know something. Because it's impossible for Sebastian to sie... right?

And all time I think who the hell kill those people :/ and every time I saw that I was wrong, so I start think about it again... it's hard one ;)
Mar 8, 2010 4:08 AM

Sep 2008
lol didn't notice the owl was killed
those chapters somehow remind me of detective Conan <_<

I think Sebastian faked his death and all was planned by him and Ciel, he pretended so he wouldn't be suspected
giving the servants those orders the night before kinda tells he's planning something
bibi bubu baba
Mar 13, 2010 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
Where can I find it online or to download?
Mar 14, 2010 3:43 AM
Nov 2009
try onemanga.com
Mar 14, 2010 11:56 PM
Mar 2010
I think it was Charles #2, as he is conveniently out of scene. Or, if it was two culprits, both Charles. The reason for their presence is still unclear. Also, Charles #1 claimed to have been "checking the security" of the mansion. The allusion to needles and thread (which we have seen Charles 2 wielding with deadly proficiency) and the chest wounds via stabbing (which is a skill only Charles 1 possess in the group) may either be clues, or throw offs.

I also suspect Seby-chan is faking death (naturally) to draw out the killer. He is most likely fooling Ciel for greater effect. Then again, Ciel is a great actor.

I wonder if the Shinigami are going to have a field day on this one ^_^
Mar 16, 2010 3:14 AM

Dec 2009
Ciel wasn't fooled, if he was then he finally let some emotion show which is strangely out of his character. (God he's a good actor.) Sebastian is mostly likely faking it to lure out the killer and give off a bit of a scare. 'smirks'.

I have a sneaky suspicion as well that this was planned by them, there is a possible chance that it is a new character (not likely) but possible, and I have a tiny suspicion that it was Charles I, and Charles II (*** angels).

I loved it though 'frowns' it was too short, I was really hoping for more pages. Oh well it gives the arch more of a thrill no 'mischeavous smirk'.

Seeing Tanaka in his normal form more then his deformed form is, I admit, a tad strange. (I hear that they are reducing Tanaka seen in chibi form.). It was interesting to see him chastes Ciel and to see a flashback of Vincent seeing as we haven't seen much of Ciel's parents since the Jack the Ripper arch. If you ask me I think he helped Sebastian a bit with being a butler, not much but a little.

Who killed the owl I wonder, and was the message going to the Undertaker (who is not their ally anymore.) or to someone else. Hm.. 'smirks' this chapter sure was intersting, not much longer until 43 comes out..

Mar 23, 2010 4:21 PM

Oct 2009
Agatha Christie's "And Then There Were None" anybody?

This is quite exciting though...
Mar 25, 2010 7:54 AM

Oct 2009
I'm having one hell of a conclusion to what's behind this arc.
Apr 5, 2011 11:39 AM

Sep 2009
Awww why the owl?????
Hm...since Sebastian gave the Chef orders to warm up food for 3 days...does that mean that he's gonna "stay dead" for three days????
So will there be a person who dies in each chapter??? 0_o
Jul 2, 2011 11:21 AM

Dec 2009
Finnie protecting Ciel, so cute. <3
Dec 10, 2013 4:03 AM

Apr 2012
This is becoming more and more like a play... Seems as though it will all be wrapped up in the next chapter.
Sep 18, 2014 12:14 AM

Dec 2012
There goes another one
RothSep 18, 2014 12:22 AM
Feb 9, 2017 11:44 AM

Jan 2016
Is everybody going to "die" in this mansion right now? lmao
Feb 22, 2023 11:48 AM
Jul 2020
i really enjoy this arc, really keeping me on my toes fr

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

2 by Valewrei »»
Yesterday, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Apr 23, 1:36 PM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.