Forum Settings
Forums

Heavy Metal/Death Metal/Thrash Metal, any metal genre in general. Who here is a fan?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 24, 2017 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
ThatRazorGuy said:
Your taste is awesome OP.

Yours too but tfw I wasn't on MAL when this forum existed, OP would have gotten so many recs from me LOL

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 25, 2017 1:46 AM

Oct 2015
Hehe glad to see we have a lot metalheads in this site. I love every genre in metal but Prog/Power metal is have special place :)
Sep 25, 2017 10:28 AM
Jun 2014
One by Metallica is still the best written song in metal.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Sep 25, 2017 10:51 AM

Apr 2013
^Nah, Holy Diver is buddy (or unless tbh some underground Metal song but tbh I still think Holy Diver is the best Metal song even when I went through a Metal Elitist phase)

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Sep 25, 2017 10:59 AM

Aug 2017
Cannibal Corpse, Children of Bodom, Death, Motorhead, Pantera, Sentenced, Slayer, Megadeth, - these are my favorite bands :3
MamokaruSep 25, 2017 12:38 PM
“All men are jealous idiots. And women are stupid too, to feel happy about it. It's true, there are idiots everywhere!”

“I know it's difficult to look past my brilliant tail, brain and looks, but I also have excellent ears and eyes.”

“I need to have a drink, and I need one soon!”

“I am Holo the Wise Wolf so you shut up!”
Sep 25, 2017 12:56 PM

Jul 2016
Well... I never have understood people who like a metal music, nothing personal but you know it's like take a stone and starts hitting yourself by head... Have a nice day
Sep 25, 2017 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
M4sterErik said:
Well... I never have understood people who like a metal music, nothing personal but you know it's like take a stone and starts hitting yourself by head... Have a nice day

Not all Metal, if you know of Post-Metal, Doom Metal and majority of the softer Metal genres they tend to be very relaxing and not that heavy tbh (heck Post-Metal is one of my fave genres of music tbh, I just like Post-Rock a little more :p), I like heavier stuff but I appreciate the softer stuff as well, it's all up to personal preference, just as you like the music you listen to for your own reasons, people who listen to Metal have their own reasons.

Ascended Taste
Sep 25, 2017 1:07 PM

Jul 2016
Well, but genre is same, it's like pie just different fruit filling, but don't change that it is a metal, but I surely agree that it's all up to personal preference
Sep 25, 2017 1:19 PM

Apr 2013
M4sterErik said:
Well, but genre is same, it's like pie just different fruit filling, but don't change that it is a metal, but I surely agree that it's all up to personal preference

Metal Elitist would love that quote and I do as well lol, but nothing wrong with it still being Metal, the genre having so much of those different "fruit fillings" which can help make it more appealing to different people, I know people who only listen to one aspect of Metal since they like it more than the different ones, which is fine but to me I gotta try everything, it's the same with my relationship with Hip-Hop/Rap music, how can you make someone like me like it? Well you go and give me Clipping., Experimental Hip-Hop, why? Since it appeals to me, maybe you still need to find that "fruit filling" of "Metal Pie" that appeals to you, or maybe not, *sigh* not everyone wants to put in the effort :| (yeah I know a bunch of people like that)

Ascended Taste
Sep 25, 2017 1:21 PM
Mar 2014
I do like to play instruments - mostly acoustic guitar.
As for recommendations i highly recommend my favourite japanese band "Story of Hope"
Also I'd like to introduce you to "Buckethead" if you havent heard of him already.
Please let me know what you think of them.
Sep 25, 2017 1:40 PM

Jul 2016
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
M4sterErik said:

Metal Elitist would love that quote and I do as well lol, but nothing wrong with it still being Metal, the genre having so much of those different "fruit fillings" which can help make it more appealing to different people, I know people who only listen to one aspect of Metal since they like it more than the different ones, which is fine but to me I gotta try everything, it's the same with my relationship with Hip-Hop/Rap music, how can you make someone like me like it? Well you go and give me Clipping., Experimental Hip-Hop, why? Since it appeals to me, maybe you still need to find that "fruit filling" of "Metal Pie" that appeals to you, or maybe not, *sigh* not everyone wants to put in the effort :| (yeah I know a bunch of people like that)

Good words, well done
Sep 25, 2017 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
I love metal. My favorite genre... kinda hard to say it, i enjoy almost all kinds of it.
I live in the land of Sepultura, Sarcófago, Viper, Angra, Krisiun, Thuata De Dannan...

My favorite bands of the moment:

Darkthrone
Enslaved
Dark Funeral
Ensiferum
Blind Guardian
MetallicA
Dream Theater
Freedom Call
Iron Maiden
Helloween
Morbid Angel
Krisiun
Amon Amarth
Korpiklaani
Tyr
Rush (isn't really metal, but a great inspiration for almost all artists, especially in the prog. metal)
Burzum
Bathory
Sepultura (The old one, all heil the Cavalera family!! \m/)
Cannibal Corpse
The GazettE. (I dunno if it is actually metal, but i love it!)

I love metal.
Sep 25, 2017 2:15 PM
Jun 2014
Aidoru-Ojisan said:
^Nah, Holy Diver is buddy (or unless tbh some underground Metal song but tbh I still think Holy Diver is the best Metal song even when I went through a Metal Elitist phase)

Dat Metallica song structure though and poetry, they must of been going through some deep stuff to write a song like that. The Unforgiven is pretty deep as well. Mary Jane is another nice meaningful song from Megadeth.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Sep 27, 2017 11:38 PM
Apr 2014
That's pretty much all I listen to these days

Heavy Metal:
Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio

Thrash Metal:
Coroner, Sodom, Kreator, Megadeth, Artillery

Death Metal: Death, Vader, Entombed, Dismember

Black Metal: Burzum, Bathory, Enslaved, Celtic Frost (if that counts)
Sep 28, 2017 4:43 AM

Nov 2016
mostly black metal. a lot of that atmospheric shit in the past few years.

Bölvat es okkr, bróðir,
bani em ek þinn orðinn;
þat mun æ uppi;
illr er dómr norna.
-Hlöðskviða
(The Battle of the Goths and Huns)
Sep 29, 2017 1:57 AM

Aug 2017
3rdStrikeFreak said:
So, who here is a big metal fan or a casual fan? Doesn't matter at all. While I love to watch anime, I gotta say metal is probably one of my biggest passions. Do you like to play instruments, do you go to shows or do you just listen to the bands? I wanna hear what you guys have to say.
Give some music recommendations, favorite bands ever & also if you know an Anime that mixes heavy metal music.
I would love to hear what you guys gotta say.
Thanks again friends. :)
Genre's for each band I love

Thrash Metal- Megadeth, Sepultura, Municipal Waste, Exodus, Metallica, Power Trip, Tankard, Black Fast, Anthrax, Testament, Sodom, Slayer, Nuclear Assault & Destruction.

Death Metal- Napalm Death, Revocation, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Gorguts, Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Death, At the Gates, The Black Dahlia Murder, Children of Bodom, Jungle Rot & Arch Enemy.

Heavy Metal- Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Clutch, Motorhead, King Diamond, Judas Priest, Dio & Ghost.

Black Metal- Marduk, Behemoth, Mayhem, Rotting Christ, Immortal, Darkthrone, Burzum, Carach Angren, Gorgoroth & Woods of Ypres.

"Djent" (don't ask why)- Meshuggah, Periphery, After the Burial, Born of Osiris, Animals as Leaders, ERRA, Veil of Maya & Volumes.

Groove Metal- Pantera, Machine Head & Lamb of God.

Metalcore (This is where the hate begins)- August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Darkest Hour, Parkway Drive, Bullet for my Valentine, Architects, Heaven Shall Burn & Converge.

Nu-Metal- Deftones, Slipknot, Korn, Static-X, Disturbed, Islander & Godsmack.

Slam/Grindcore- Visceral Disgorge, Ingested, Arcania, Devourment, Pathology, Guttural Slug, Disentomb & Cattle Decapitation.

Prog- Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Between the Buried and Me, Tool, Polyphia, Tesseract, The Faceless, Fallujah, Angel Vivaldi, Chon, Plini, Auras.

Holy sh!t. You listen to a lot of fucking good Bands.
Some of them are like my religion.
Sep 29, 2017 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
Suffocation
\m/

Sep 29, 2017 11:24 PM
Jul 2018
hello

bye
Sep 30, 2017 1:15 PM

May 2012
Some of my all time favourites:

Månegarm - Hemfärd

Korpiklaani - With Trees

Eluveitie - Slania's Song

Menhir - Hildebrandslied

Windir - Journey to the End

Falkenbach - The Ardent Awaited Land

3rdStrikeFreak said:
& also if you know an Anime that mixes heavy metal music.

Also, best comedy ever:

Men Are From Mars, 
Women Are From Venus 
and Gays Are From Uranus

Sep 30, 2017 1:33 PM
Sep 2017
I love metal so much. It's one of my all time favorite genres. It's hard for me to pick a favorite subgenre of metal. I listen to all sorts of bands.

Oct 3, 2017 8:00 AM

Nov 2016
I'm a pretty big fan, but you could never tell by looking at me. I prefer trash, black metal, death metal, metal core, viking metal and symphonic metal.

Love going to concerts and festivals. Planning on going to Wacken next year
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Oct 10, 2017 10:20 AM

Feb 2017
Well, I am a metal fan as well. I'm playing guitar myself (I'm not that good). And I think some of the fighting music in Black Lagoon is metal.
My favorite bands (some aren't really metal, but anyways)

Nov 4, 2017 1:01 AM

Nov 2015
Metal is my main type of music to listen to. Though, I mostly stick to Industrial Metal/Death Metal.

Main bands I listen to being

Static x
Dope
Hypocrisy
System of a down
Scars on Broadway
Scar Symmetry (Not so much nowadays)
Adept (Not so much anymore but still love the band)
Nov 5, 2017 7:34 PM

Oct 2013
I like Deathcore, Metalcore, Grindcore and Djent
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
Nov 5, 2017 11:50 PM

May 2009
I mostly adore thrash and power metal, with some heavy metal and progressive metal on the side.

Favorite bands:
- Metallica
- Anthrax
- Slayer
- Sodom
- Destruction
- Evile
- Iced Earth
- Sabaton
- Iron Maiden
- Symphony X
- Fear Factory
- Pantera
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2017 7:04 AM

Jul 2016
o shit waddup

Nov 9, 2017 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
I have to say I’m big power and symphonic metal fan but I do also like classic metal and some death metal.
This probe;y one of my favorite fantasy metal bands/songs
Nov 9, 2017 9:40 AM
Oct 2017
Actually I'm a fan of metal since I was a kid. I was listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, Helloween, and a lot of polish metal. Also when I discover Babymetal, it become my new favortie band of all time. If you want some good stuff let me know, I know a lot of good music ;)

Nov 11, 2017 1:04 AM

Jun 2016
metal is a huge part of my life. listen to a lot of black and death metal

Scream!
Nov 13, 2017 11:29 PM

Dec 2013
I'm quite fond of it.

Nov 14, 2017 12:35 AM

Oct 2017
I see people of refined tastes reside within this thread.
Nov 20, 2017 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
I used to listen to nothing but metal when i was a teenager but now i only tend to listen to a few. Im a big Voivod fan and I await their upcoming album.
Nov 20, 2017 12:44 PM

Oct 2017
stumbled onto this earlier today. it's quite a different approach to metal but it's pretty freaking dope.
Nov 21, 2017 12:50 AM
Oct 2016
I am above easygoing I'd say yet a long way from some enormous metal fan. Ehh I for the most part tune in to whip metal however I tune in to a couple of groups from different subgenres. I play Electric Guitar and I haven't been to any show in years... simply couldn't care less any longer about them.
Jan 6, 2023 1:35 PM
Dec 2017
yep that would be me since i was a kid.

Jan 13, 2023 6:26 AM

Oct 2022
3rdStrikeFreak said:
So, who here is a big metal fan or a casual fan? Doesn't matter at all. While I love to watch anime, I gotta say metal is probably one of my biggest passions. Do you like to play instruments, do you go to shows or do you just listen to the bands? I wanna hear what you guys have to say.
Give some music recommendations, favorite bands ever & also if you know an Anime that mixes heavy metal music.
I would love to hear what you guys gotta say.
Thanks again friends. :)
Genre's for each band I love

Thrash Metal- Megadeth, Sepultura, Municipal Waste, Exodus, Metallica, Power Trip, Tankard, Black Fast, Anthrax, Testament, Sodom, Slayer, Nuclear Assault & Destruction.

Death Metal- Napalm Death, Revocation, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Nile, Gorguts, Dying Fetus, Suffocation, Death, At the Gates, The Black Dahlia Murder, Children of Bodom, Jungle Rot & Arch Enemy.

Heavy Metal- Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Clutch, Motorhead, King Diamond, Dir En Grey (Visual Kei), Judas Priest, Dio & Ghost.

Black Metal- Marduk, Behemoth, Mayhem, Rotting Christ, Immortal, Darkthrone, Burzum, Carach Angren, Gorgoroth & Woods of Ypres.

"Djent" (don't ask why)- Meshuggah, Periphery, After the Burial, Born of Osiris, Animals as Leaders, ERRA, Veil of Maya & Volumes.

Groove Metal- Pantera, Machine Head & Lamb of God.

Metalcore (This is where the hate begins)- August Burns Red, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Darkest Hour, Parkway Drive, Bullet for my Valentine, Cane Hill, Architects, Heaven Shall Burn & Converge.

Nu-Metal- Deftones, Slipknot, Korn, Static-X, Disturbed, Sevendust, Islander & Godsmack.

Slam/Grindcore- Visceral Disgorge, Ingested, Arcania, Devourment, Pathology, Guttural Slug, Disentomb & Cattle Decapitation.

Prog- Led Zeppelin, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Between the Buried and Me, Tool, Polyphia, Tesseract, The Faceless, Fallujah, Angel Vivaldi, Chon, Plini, Auras.
August Burns Red! :D That was one of my favorite bands as a kid. I used to go to the local Christian bookstore w/ my grandma to buy their CDs. 

Years later into adulthood I'm just now getting into non-Christian metal & it's been so cool having all of this new music to explore. So far I like Slipknot, Rammstein, System of a Down, Cannibal Corpse, Entombed & Gutteral Slug. Been listening to Dehumanizing Itatrain Worship too; they are interesting. 

Honestly I'm not great at telling the different kinds of metal apart, but I think I'm leaning toward nu-metal & death metal being my sound preference. 
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7586 by juanlqr »»
2 hours ago

» hardcore/skramz/emo/metalcore/post-hardcore/post-metal/blackened/crust

bloodecho - Feb 14

31 by Mattenan »»
8 hours ago

» Anime songs in your playlist

bevarnow - Mar 11

3 by Theo1899 »»
8 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3384 by NiaAlexandria »»
9 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

11 by Toooooooooohru »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.