Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 1, 2017 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
Since the first episodes of Gintama I remember laughing myself to tears and also crying at many episodes. That hasn't changed. Ok, now I'm crying a little bit more, but I can't understand why people say there's no comedy. I found myself laughing at all 4 episodes of the new season. Gintama has always been a perfect mix of comedy and seriousness and even if it's taking the "shounen" route, its roots haven't changed a bit.

Snappynator said:
Gintama has to end at some point, might aswell make it end with a bang.

Frankly, I don't want Gintama to end, but I agree 100% with this.
「なぁ、どうなんだ?君はこのあと、
僕の代わりを見つけられるのか?」
「いいや…。もう二度と御免だね。」

Pandas Card Collecting|DC Loyalty Card
Feb 4, 2017 3:19 AM
Dec 2012
I did feel that the last season's comedy was kind of hit and miss and that was a problem for me since I prefer the comedy. I thought that some episodes like Confessional, Fake Illness, Lottery Ticket, and Afro were freakin' hilarious while others like Soul Switch, Sizzle Summer (only the first half of that episode) and the episode with Sacchi were just kind of average.

This is only my opinion of course. A lot of people thought that the last season had the best comedy overall. I just happen to not be one of them.

I do miss the comedy but I am also enjoying the recent serious arcs. I don't think that they are amazing (well with the exception of episode 305.) but they are good enough to keep me watching and they are much better than the arcs in many other shounen shows.

Maybe the reason for why we only get action now, like Snappynator said, is because Sorachi plans on ending the series soon and he wants to end it with a bang.
Feb 4, 2017 8:16 PM

Jan 2015
Antinomy said:
I did feel that the last season's comedy was kind of hit and miss and that was a problem for me since I prefer the comedy. I thought that some episodes like Confessional, Fake Illness, Lottery Ticket, and Afro were freakin' hilarious while others like Soul Switch, Sizzle Summer (only the first half of that episode) and the episode with Sacchi were just kind of average.
Goes to show how subjective comedy is. The Soul Switch arc made me laugh so much the first time I saw it.
WizilizFeb 18, 2017 5:02 PM
Feb 15, 2017 5:17 AM

Feb 2016
To be honest I love the dramatic serious arcs more than random arcs dont be confused I loved the random arcs too much

That's to say Shogun assassination arc , farewell shinsensenigami arc and the current battle arc made my day

So...no gintama is the same as before the studio never tried to milk the manga at least until now watch post time skip in one piece to see the difference and you will rally thank God

I loved gintama from the start and the more I watch the more I get into it 😀😀😀😀

Really depressed that we are really getting closer to say farewell gintama 😳😳😳😳
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anyone could explain ep 12 i couldnt able to understand whats happening?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 15

6 by seelenfresser51 »»
Feb 17, 2:10 PM

» Katsura loves ikumatsu ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 16

4 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Feb 16, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 22, 2017

109 by otakuweek »»
Jan 11, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 26, 2017

187 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 19, 2017

67 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.