Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So Nagi mother is alive. Interesting I thought she was dead. (She might be a ghost)
Nagi grandfather met up with Hayate and Hinagiku.
Looks like Himegami showed up.
Next chapter most likely a talk between Himegami and Hayate.
IshkotenJan 18, 2017 6:58 PM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Jan 19, 2017 7:14 AM

Oct 2013

scared the living shit out of me honestly
Wonder if Yukariko will stay for just a short amount of time now
Jan 19, 2017 3:17 PM

Oct 2008
Nooooo, don't say that Hinagiku! Avoid this flag with all your might!!! D:
Jan 19, 2017 5:30 PM

Jan 2015
Rudgald said:

That was so painful to see for some reason :( Perhaps it also has to do with the fact I was listening to a sad song at the time :( But seeing how Hayate acts indifferently towards Hina pains my heart
Jan 19, 2017 7:33 PM
Mar 2015
So many people believe things that are not true. Nagi has hope because she thinks Hayate loves her.Hina has no hope believes she believes that Hayate loves Hayate has to save Nagi's fotune because he cannot stay with her. Nagi now believes her mother is alive.
Jan 19, 2017 7:51 PM
Sep 2013
hinagiku is giving up?....... and the most obvious question is how and when did she realize that there is nagixhayate ship?
Jan 20, 2017 12:40 AM

Dec 2015
here's a shitty review (wanna see a more shittier version? go here and yes, this is not an ad):

Nagi finding her mother (or is she?) in the forest, she has quite the surprised face there. And as usual, the art is pretty good when it comes to expressions. She calls out to her mother and we approach the comedy side (I swear this manga is good for making us laugh) Her mother coughs out blood, which made Nagi surprised.

And here, we find out that person wasn't her mother at all, Nagi becomes disappointed then brought her to the hospital, and we see that her name in the bottom panel is Kanzaki, not Yukariko.
Nagi stays in the room for a while and talked to Kanzaki, Kanzaki resembles quite a lot to Yukariko, she says that she has no family; so no one will worry about her, and she only has money, she talks to Nagi about when she gets married, she might've a daughter around Nagi's age. Nagi throughout the scene had a face that sees Yukariko in Kanzaki. And then, the scene ended with Nagi (or is it Kanzaki) asking what is her name.

And here we see Nagi worried about being alone (without Maria) because of Kanzaki's speech, this however, was solved by Nagi saying that she has Hayate. (although he might quit as a butler.) She puts on a happy face and think about positive things just to be happy.

Nagi went back home and we see that she says "Hayate, Hayate! I'm back!" as her first sentence when she gone in the mansion. This shows that her love with Hayate is big that she even expects him to be the first one greeting her when she comes back home. However, Hayate is nowhere in the mansion and Maria said that he's spending the night at Hakuou. And we see a sad expression on Nagi once again. (I feel so bad for Nagi. ;-;)

The focus changed on Hayate thinking about what Chiharu said to him in chapter 554. He finds it out hard to go back to the mansion because of what he found out (the fact that Nagi loves him). Hinagiku finds him at the trash thingy (forgot what was it called) and asked him why he was at the school so late at night. He answers that he would be staying so he could get her inheritance back. Hinagiku says that he is working pretty hard for Nagi everyday and night. Hayate only thinks that he is just doing this because he's her butler. Hinagiku however opposes to that. Hayate was surprised by the sudden answer.

She thinks that he loves Nagi because he is working for her even though he has no debt to her anymore. Hayate is once again surprised and depressed. Hinagiku shows her tsundere side. (Ah... How I missed this tsundere side)

Mikado then shows up and the chapter returns to the serious side, stating that he heard the King's Jewels was taken. Hayate and Hinagiku was surprised by Mikado's sudden appearance. Mikado says thingies yadda yadda yadda.

Hayate wants to stop Hisui even though he was badly beaten up. Here we see that Hayate doesn't give up for Nagi, this shows that Hayate's bond with Nagi is unbreakable unless the misunderstanding is revealed. He says that he is willing to risk his life for Nagi. Mikado gives Hayate a King's Jewel, and we see an old scene in Athena's arc when Mikado was Santa, with the quote: "It is the earnest hard worker... who will have the last laugh."

We see Hayate being nervous, probably remembering his love confession (kidnapping attempt) to Nagi. And now, we see Hayate being so determined. Mikado states that this is his promise to Santa; to prove that the earnest hard worker will have the last laugh.

The chapter ends with Himegami showing up behind the surprised Hayate.

kk now bye
Jan 20, 2017 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
> Nagi and Yukariko/Kanzaki thing
Please Hata don't do anything weird with time travel or resurrections or god knows what. I don't know if you are able to carry them out at this point.

> Hina and the "so this is your love" talk
This is just dumb and out of the blue. Out of character, even. Don't you dare sink the ship with such a forced change of heart. At least the blushing implies that she still has feelings.

Worrying chapter in multiple ways. Still, I'll be there next week as always.
Jan 21, 2017 9:12 AM
Sep 2016
Well, so the author used the cheap trick of "you're always been in love with her all the time but didn't realize" so he can have the Nagi ending without doing any priori development (except for her one sided crush). I don't like that very much, but I knew it would happen from the moment Athena gave up on Hayate a few chapters ago.
Hayate'd future girlfriend aside, I'm wondering if Nagi's fake mother is really fake or there is something more to discover (some curse? memory loss?). Maybe in the end Nagi will lose her surrogate mother Maria but in exchange she'll have back her real one?
And of course, now I want Hayate giving a beating to Himegami. It'll be difficult, but I have faith in him.
Jan 25, 2017 4:01 AM

Sep 2011
I'm still rooting for the hamster girl for some reason. Even if her chance was damn slim. :/
Jan 25, 2017 9:51 AM

Mar 2016
Rudgald said:

I'll never give up my hope for hinagiku!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 1:02 AM

Jun 2016
Maybe Nagi's mother's wish was something to do with immortality with a price. Also Himegami appears in a panel that just focuses on Hayate and him. There's a part of me that thinks Hayate is still passed out after their previous encounter and this is all a dream/illusion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 517 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2016

6 by TheLostLight »»
Feb 15, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 569 Discussion

Icedout15 - Apr 5, 2018

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 568 (Final Chapter) Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishkoten - Apr 9, 2017

77 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 567 Discussion

Ishkoten - Apr 6, 2017

8 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:18 AM

Poll: » Hayate no Gotoku! Chapter 566 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2017

2 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 13, 3:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.