Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2017 7:29 AM

Sep 2015
@Dullboy Aw that's too bad! I think besides those two everything that wasn't Shounen or Shoujo on my list was already on your list so it was pretty tough ahaha. But hopefully someone else who has read more than me can reply to help you out!

I'll gladly take up your offer though. The only manga left that I still need a rec for would be 43, Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field. It needs to be 5 volumes or longer since I'm using a restriction. Any ideas? Most if not all of your highly rated manga I've read are manga I've rated fairly highly so go ahead and rec me anything you wish ( ˵ ^ ω ^ ˵ )
Aug 9, 2017 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
Fresh_Mint said:
I'll gladly take up your offer though. The only manga left that I still need a rec for would be 43, Read a manga that has a main character that is a professional in his field. It needs to be 5 volumes or longer since I'm using a restriction. Any ideas? Most if not all of your highly rated manga I've read are manga I've rated fairly highly so go ahead and rec me anything you wish ( ˵ ^ ω ^ ˵ )
All right, let me see..

Considering the fact that you seems to place Kokou no Hito in hight regard, then you should definitly try Innocent by the same author.
Because, you see, Royal Executioner is a very important and serious job. ^^

Aug 9, 2017 12:37 PM

Apr 2016
I have one question related to this part of the challenge "Read a manga that started serialization the year you joined MAL".
If I joined in 2016, does the manga has to be completed or it can be "ongoing", If it has to be completed, can someone recommend me something from 2016 that has already finished?

Aug 9, 2017 12:58 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
sIl3nce said:
I have one question related to this part of the challenge "Read a manga that started serialization the year you joined MAL".
If I joined in 2016, does the manga has to be completed or it can be "ongoing", If it has to be completed, can someone recommend me something from 2016 that has already finished?

It needs to have started publishing in 2016, regardless of when it finished (or if it did). My challenge is yuri/shoujo ai only, and that's pretty much everything I've watched. I can recommend you My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness. It's scanlated in some places, although not the extra story, and it's been licensed recently.

Aug 9, 2017 1:05 PM

Apr 2016
Conde_Mohr said:
sIl3nce said:

It needs to have started publishing in 2016, regardless of when it finished (or if it did). My challenge is yuri/shoujo ai only, and that's pretty much everything I've watched. I can recommend you My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness. It's scanlated in some places, although not the extra story, and it's been licensed recently.

Thanks <3, It was on my PTR :D

Aug 9, 2017 1:07 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
sIl3nce said:
Thanks <3, It was on my PTR :D

Well, you have 508 items in your PtR, so it's not that hard :P

Keep in mind that I think it's not completely in English (not 100% sure though).

Aug 9, 2017 1:16 PM

Apr 2016

Alredy found it completly traslated. Thanks again :D
Aug 9, 2017 6:35 PM

Sep 2015
@Dullboy Already sounds interesting. Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out!
Aug 12, 2017 9:10 AM
Mar 2017
Hello!

Can someone recommend me a good manga for:
50. Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic.

Also, I don't see any tropes/manga for 68? Do I click "Browse TV tropes"? (Choose a random trope from TVTropes and read a manga listed under the trope)

Thank you!
Aug 12, 2017 2:31 PM
Jul 2017
Hello guys! Need a recommendation for item #60 please
Aug 12, 2017 3:08 PM

Sep 2015
clarishatan said:
Hello!

Can someone recommend me a good manga for:
50. Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic.

Also, I don't see any tropes/manga for 68? Do I click "Browse TV tropes"? (Choose a random trope from TVTropes and read a manga listed under the trope)

Thank you!

50. Hoshi no Samidare (Samidare Asahina | Seinen demographic) or Gunnm (Alita/Gally | Seinen demographic)

For 68- when you go to http://tvtropes.org/ there should be a button to the left of the search bar on the navigation bar on top that reads "Random Trope". Click that and scroll down to the Anime/Manga section of whatever trope you get and see if you like anything you see. If you don't just hit the button again and repeat.

Lonny said:
Hello guys! Need a recommendation for item #60 please

Maybe try Koukou Debut or Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai

I don't read much Action/Adventure so all I have to rec you is Shoujo. Apologies ;w;
Aug 12, 2017 5:34 PM

Oct 2007
@Dullboy I'm cheating since we sort of know each other and our tastes don't align that much in manga, I believe, but I'd like to rec you three titles, you can take them or leave them and take someone else's rec

https://myanimelist.net/manga/67/2001-ya_Monogatari I haven't read all of this, but what little I read was really good.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/128/Petshop_of_Horrors Less interesting to me and also something I haven't finished, but it might be up your alley. It's very acclaimed.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/8742/Ashita_no_Ousama This is the one I actually want to rec because I think everyone with some artistic sensibility should read it.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 12, 2017 7:53 PM
Mar 2017
@Fresh_Mint

Thank you for your help!!
Aug 12, 2017 8:54 PM

Apr 2013
Hi guys~! I'm here to request my recommendation for #60! My only restriction is that must be romance (and I humbly request it not be too long or on going, but those aren't require). Otherwise, go wild!

Thank you~
Aug 13, 2017 1:27 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks, @tsuyokunaru ! I'm actually quite happy you give me some rec like that, I wanted to ear news from you anyway and know if you're happy with the challenge this year around and all that ^^

tsuyokunaru said:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/8742/Ashita_no_Ousama This is the one I actually want to rec because I think everyone with some artistic sensibility should read it.
You know how to get me interested, that's for sure. huhu
It's kind of funny, because @lady_freyja talked about it to me recently, and I think she might be interested in trying it with me. We'll see, could be an interesting way to finish the challenge.
Aug 13, 2017 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
coyoteclaw11 said:
Hi guys~! I'm here to request my recommendation for #60! My only restriction is that must be romance (and I humbly request it not be too long or on going, but those aren't require). Otherwise, go wild!

Thank you~

Going wild?

Then my fav' author. From what's available with scans, her most "romance-oriented" work is A-A'. It's short since it's only 1-volume long.
And I hope you don't mind sci-fi content, because it's heavy on it: cloning, genetic manipulations and psychic powers. They provide the basis of the conflicts of the 3 love-stories.

PS: the scan use the left-to-right reading order, contrary to most scans that are right-to-left.

Dullboy said:
tsuyokunaru said:
You know how to get me interested, that's for sure. huhu
It's kind of funny, because @lady_freyja talked about it to me recently, and I think she might be interested in trying it with me. We'll see, could be an interesting way to finish the challenge.

Why not? Might be a good way of reading it like you say.
We start when you want. へへ
removed-userAug 13, 2017 2:54 AM
Aug 13, 2017 6:11 AM

Oct 2007
@Dullboy This year I'm happy at the positive response for sure! There's many more people doing the manga challenge and I hope lots of them will finish and get into manga seriously since many are newcomers. I'm not very happy that I'm kind of busy so I'm slow with my own challenge and also with checking, but I usually catch up fast when I go through forms, so it's all good. I'm already thinking about what and how to improve things next year!

I hope you and @lady_freyja enjoy my rec and you both have to tell me how you liked it afterwards (or during!) and I've done manga reading with friends before and it can be super fun to talk about your impressions of the story and the characters, what you like and dislike and how it changes as you read, so maybe it'll be fun for you two as well?
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 13, 2017 4:18 PM

Jun 2014
Hey guys, I need help with ''#38. Read a manga with more users listed in Plan to Read than Completed''
Any rec for manga or how/where to search is more then welcome.
Thank you :D

And some rec for someone who'll need for #60:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou 14 vol | Slice of life, drama, sci-fi [one of my favs ^^]
Torikagosou no Kyou mo Nemutai Juunin-tachi 3 vol | Shoujo
Defense Devil 10 vol | Shounen, Supernatural
Skill of lure 7 vol | Manhwa, Comedy, Shounen

Hope it will help :)
Aug 13, 2017 10:13 PM

Mar 2013
@Hachi I really like Glaucos for that one. Takemitsu Zamurai is another one.
Aug 13, 2017 10:15 PM

Mar 2013
@dullboy @lady_freyja

I'll read Ashita no Ousama with you guys. let me know when to start
Aug 14, 2017 1:18 AM

Apr 2014
AudioTsunami said:
@dullboy @lady_freyja

Aïe ! We already started yesterday actually . ^^

So far, I find it ok. I'll be honest, it look a little standard to me, nothing very new, but pleasent and enjoyable to read.
Can't help but compaire it with my own little experience of doing theater as comedian (in hight school), and well, it looks very different and less "natural" to me: kind of a fantasm of what theater play is than what it really is (but I don't know, maybe the author had her own experience with theater and is drawing from it, and it's japan too, so it's different mentality, more competition and all, maybe ^^).

Anyway, is it ok if we take the lead with the reading then, AudioTsunami ? It will be nice to talk about the manga together at the end and exchange our views (and with tsuyokunaru too).
DullboyAug 14, 2017 1:22 AM
Aug 14, 2017 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
@AudioTsunami
thank you very much
Aug 14, 2017 6:24 AM

Mar 2013
Dullboy said:
AudioTsunami said:
@dullboy @lady_freyja

Aïe ! We already started yesterday actually . ^^

So far, I find it ok. I'll be honest, it look a little standard to me, nothing very new, but pleasent and enjoyable to read.
Can't help but compaire it with my own little experience of doing theater as comedian (in hight school), and well, it looks very different and less "natural" to me: kind of a fantasm of what theater play is than what it really is (but I don't know, maybe the author had her own experience with theater and is drawing from it, and it's japan too, so it's different mentality, more competition and all, maybe ^^).

Anyway, is it ok if we take the lead with the reading then, AudioTsunami ? It will be nice to talk about the manga together at the end and exchange our views (and with tsuyokunaru too).

yeah I gotta finish annasumara anyway
Aug 15, 2017 5:42 PM
Jul 2017
@Fresh_Mint
Thanks! ヽ(´▽`)/
Aug 17, 2017 7:30 AM

Mar 2013
@dullboy

Read idiots and gogh, as well as udon no hito. I think I'm gonna give them both a 6. I feel both series needed a bit more. I would of like to see more of the relationship and the ex-husband be more of a character in lady udon. Idiots and gogh on the other hand was far more complicated. On one hand, it was nice that it was realistic and that it tackled the issue of a guy feeling like she owed it to him to return his feelings. But I felt that the end result was both equally realistic and unrealistic where it was a happy end but not "the" happy end I was rooting for and that the characters, despite developing for the better, didn't actual go anywhere: the ended largely where they started. Which is both sometimes reality but also depressing.
Aug 17, 2017 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
AudioTsunami said:
@dullboy

Read idiots and gogh, as well as udon no hito. I think I'm gonna give them both a 6. I feel both series needed a bit more. I would of like to see more of the relationship and the ex-husband be more of a character in lady udon. Idiots and gogh on the other hand was far more complicated. On one hand, it was nice that it was realistic and that it tackled the issue of a guy feeling like she owed it to him to return his feelings. But I felt that the end result was both equally realistic and unrealistic where it was a happy end but not "the" happy end I was rooting for and that the characters, despite developing for the better, didn't actual go anywhere: the ended largely where they started. Which is both sometimes reality but also depressing.
Ah , too bad you didn't liked "Baka to Gogh" as much as me. As for "Undon no hito" , to be perfectly honest, I only recall that I found it likeable, everything else I forgot since it's been like 2/3 years I read it, ha ! ^^
But yes, I see and understand what you mean for "Baka to Gogh" , it is a depressing read somehow, but I think it also do a lot of good to read things like that, and it even gave me a.. warm feeling, somehow.
I know our view on Oyasumi Punpun are not the same for exemple, and I think it might have something in common, maybe we don't search the same thing in manga too.
I also like the mangaka drawing style a lot, but it's a special one, so it's really not to the taste of everyone. Remind me far more of some underground american comics than manga.
Aug 17, 2017 3:46 PM

Mar 2013
Oh, I liked it, and it was a good story and the art was very interesting, just I wished that the idiots ended up with more for all their growth. Sakai, for example, developed a lot but at the end I feel like he's still in the same situation; unsuccessful, same friends, still away from everyone's goal, not with gogh, not exactly entirely over her either; but now he's just happy? I just would have like for him and shoji to achieve something tangible.
Aug 18, 2017 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
@tsuyokunaru

We've finished Ashita no Ousama with Dullboy. My opinion about it, with comparisons, because I feel like it:

You take the plot of Glass no Kamen but change it a little for focusing on a writer/director rather than an actress.
But the tone is rather different: in GnK the tone is bombastic and somewhat extreme. Here it's really simple and soft, with some little humor and little drama here and there. In that way it's similar to the works of Wataru Yoshizumi. Also like the works of Yoshizumi, the mentality is kind of naive. It's not detrimental in any way (it's fresh), but I don't understand what people means by AnO being "realistic", it's too idealized and naive for that.

Next is the art: it's nice, here again it's soft and simple. It's obviously in the lineage of Yumiko Ōshima's art, I noted one or two panels that could've come directly from an Ōshima's manga. The notable difference is that Ōshima's art is eerie, while AnO's art is more grounded, pseudo-realistic.
I'm more perplexed by the composition and the paneling. In one way the author put obvious works in that department, but at the same time it's pretty transparent, I had to force myself in order to see the works put into it. But I guess it's a good thing in its own way: it means it's efficient, but unimpressive.

Anyway, those are good references. Ashita no Ousama is a solid 8.5/10 for me. A really pleasant and captivating read meticulous crafted, and the plot is interesting despite its naivety.
I definitely plan to read Ohimesama no Yurikago, the other author's work that is scanlated.

Thank for the rec', definitely!
Aug 18, 2017 10:31 AM

Oct 2007
lady_freyja said:
You take the plot of Glass no Kamen but change it a little for focusing on a writer/director rather than an actress.
But the tone is rather different: in GnK the tone is bombastic and somewhat extreme. Here it's really simple and soft, with some little humor and little drama here and there. In that way it's similar to the works of Wataru Yoshizumi. Also like the works of Yoshizumi, the mentality is kind of naive. It's not detrimental in any way (it's fresh), but I don't understand what people means by AnO being "realistic", it's too idealized and naive for that.

Next is the art: it's nice, here again it's soft and simple. It's obviously in the lineage of Yumiko Ōshima's art, I noted one or two panels that could've come directly from an Ōshima's manga. The notable difference is that Ōshima's art is eerie, while AnO's art is more grounded, pseudo-realistic.
I'm more perplexed by the composition and the paneling. In one way the author put obvious works in that department, but at the same time it's pretty transparent, I had to force myself in order to see the works put into it. But I guess it's a good thing in its own way: it means it's efficient, but unimpressive.

Anyway, those are good references. Ashita no Ousama is a solid 8.5/10 for me. A really pleasant and captivating read meticulous crafted, and the plot is interesting despite its naivety.
I definitely plan to read Ohimesama no Yurikago, the other author's work that is scanlated.

Thank for the rec', definitely!

I definitely agree with your general take on it and I think those are precisely the reasons why I liked it. I don't really know much about the authors you mentioned (but you definitely made me interested in checking their work out), but I liked the idealistic and naive tone of Ashita no Ousama because I found it refreshing comparing it to what I had read right before that (Cousin, for reference). The main character seemed much more direct in comparison to other female protagonists I had seen, she was confident in a way that is not overblown and she had times when she was discouraged, but she was able to pick herself up following behaviors that I found made sense, I guess this might be why some people call it 'realistic', but I wouldn't agree that it is, either.

In terms of the art, I also liked the simplicity and directness of it and I thought it complemented the story well from what I remember. At times the story seemed like it was trying to reach too far, particularly in the use of symbolism and mysticism, but the way in which it felt short seems to resonate with the immature naive state of the protagonist, this is probably not what the author intended, but I guess I found it charming myself.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to @Dullboy's comments as well.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 18, 2017 12:09 PM

Apr 2014
tsuyokunaru said:
I'm glad you enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to @Dullboy's comments as well.
I'm here ^^

So we discussed about the manga with @lady_freyja and I agree with most if not everything she already said about it. Only thing is that according with the way I do my ratings, it's a solid 7 for me.
At first I had trouble getting in the mood during the first volume, but strangely with the second volume I got caught and was quite into it, and enjoyed it like a sort of "sport manga" (much like Subaru that I read for the challenge last year). It still fascinate me how Japanese can make competition and "aim to the top" manga out of everything, be it artistic activities or pachinko. huhu
I think the thing I liked with this manga and found refreshing the most was the abscence of "heavy drama" (that's maybe where my view diverge from lady_freyja ^^). The situation were often pretty common trops (competition rival; love triangle; death of an old ojisan; etc etc), but they were very easily cast aside and deal with a very soft approach, somehow.
Usually, I'm pretty much a sucker for romance being the strong focus and want to see the main characters end together and things like that, but for this manga specificaly, I wanted it to stay more of an author/comedian relationship than a romantic one, and I think the manga handled it very nicely, so I was satisfied with the ending too.
Only thing I think is too bad is that the manga never really show us the actual theater performances in actions (or the drama series episodes) . Every time it felt like it was rapidely put away, so when the characters are all like "It was amazing, I can't believe what I saw, your scenario is incredible" etc etc , it felt kind of frustrating and anticlimatic. Even the last and most important representation had only like, 3/4 page for it when I would have wanted more of it and maybe less of other things.

So I'm happy with this recommendation you gave to us, it's a nice addition to my list and it was a very pleasent read.

DullboyAug 18, 2017 12:12 PM
Aug 19, 2017 6:55 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
I just remembered that I haven't finished my challenge and I have 4 manga left since forever. After looking at my planned manga, I noticed that my choice for 1990-2000 doesn't seem GL at all, even though it has both Shoujo Ai and Yuri tags (it looks like gender bender to me), so... any recommendations for a GL manga from that time span? :)

Aug 19, 2017 8:45 AM

Jun 2014
@Conde_Mohr

all I could find is Love my Life and Rica tte Kanji
others are mostly hentai/ecchi/gender bender or one shots
I hope it helps :)
Hachi13Aug 19, 2017 8:49 AM
Aug 19, 2017 9:14 AM

Oct 2007
@Dullboy Yeah, the lack of heavy drama was what made me find it refreshing, that's also what gives it the naive and idealistic tone freyja mentioned, I believe. You're also right about the competition aspect, I hadn't thought about it much from that perspective, but it's true that the Japanese have a fixation with aiming for the top, so it's interesting to see how they can apply that kind of twist to all different sorts of settings haha

I also felt like I would have liked to see more of the actual performances, but just like how it happened in Beck with one of the character's 'amazing voice', it could also break the 'illusion' because whatever the author presents in the performance may or may not be amazing to the audience outside of the in-manga universe, they wouldn't have control over that, so I understood that sort of cautious approach. At the same time it can be a little difficult to 'trust' the in-universe audience when you don't really get to see what they're blown away by, so I totally understand where you're coming from, too.

@Conde_Mohr I found Love My Life to be pretty good, so if it fits for your item, I'd recommend it!
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 19, 2017 1:44 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
@Hachi13 @tsuyokunaru I read it and have mixed feelings. It's refreshing to read something somewhat realistic every once in a while, especially in a genre which is all fluff and happiness, but I'm a guy who likes stories if I like its characters, and that wasn't the case. The story wasn't that interesting either, so... meh...

Thanks for the recommendation, though. Only 3 more to go (and finishing Utena's anime before reading the manga).
Conde_MohrAug 19, 2017 4:38 PM

Aug 19, 2017 5:06 PM

Oct 2007
@Conde_Mohr fair enough! I didn't find the characters very likable either, but I could relate to some of the struggles as well as appreciated the realistic take on it.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Aug 20, 2017 6:43 AM

May 2013
can somebody recommend me a manga for #60?
thank you in advance :)
made by bunnyama
Aug 20, 2017 7:58 AM
Aug 20, 2017 8:01 AM

May 2013
@Hachi13 thank you I'll use Sakamichi no Apollon :)
made by bunnyama
Aug 20, 2017 10:09 AM

Apr 2011
Hello!
30. Read a manga adapted from a video game, original anime or light novel

Can I use Yume Nikki for this?
60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread

Please recommend me something completed and short (30 chapters or less). I like horror, seinen and historical but any genre will do, really.
Aug 20, 2017 8:00 PM

Apr 2016
yamashigi said:
Hello!
30. Read a manga adapted from a video game, original anime or light novel

Can I use Yume Nikki for this?
If it is adapted from a video game, original anime or light novel yes but i will recommend you Shooting Star Bebop: Cowboy Bebop it's based in Cowboy Bebop plus, its short.
60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread

Please recommend me something completed and short (30 chapters or less). I like horror, seinen and historical but any genre will do, really.

I will really recommend you to read Blame, its long(66 ch), but it's worth, but if you want something shorter Omoide Emanon.
Aug 21, 2017 6:26 AM

Apr 2011
@sIl3nce Thank you! I will read both :3
Aug 22, 2017 2:37 PM
Jul 2016
Hey, I need a manga recommendation for #60. Anyone?
Aug 22, 2017 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
Hajime no Ippo
Kokou no Hitou
Shigurui
Aug 26, 2017 11:26 AM

Apr 2014
Finally completed the challenge. Yay ! (took me more time than expected, though)

I'll be honest, this year it didn't felt like the challenge provided me more than I would have got if I didn't do it : feels like the item restrictions didn't made me discover as much things as they sometime made me read average things I wouldn't have read otherwise or use my "plan to reads" to fit in.

but don't get me wrong, it's not the challenge's fault at all, it's because I'm not a beginner with reading manga anymore, and the more my list grow, the more it become hard to find interesting things to read or things I want to read for some specific items. Feels like I already explored (or at least touched) all the genre and demography, so now I want to focus more on what I know I like and what I really want to read. (And since I'm far from an expert in the manga medium, I still have a LOT to read)

Doesn't mean I didn't had some nice time doing the challenge, and just like for the last years, I want to give my very thanks and deep appreciation for all the work you did for the challenge, @tsuyokunaru.

So, even if I don't think I'll do the challenge next year, I'll still keep a look at the thread, and I'll also be sure to have a close look about what direction it will take next year.
DullboyAug 26, 2017 11:35 AM
Aug 26, 2017 4:38 PM

Mar 2013
Ugh i still got 26 to go.

I'm stalling again. I also haven't finished the asnime challenge which is a damn pain..i got some hardones on that side tho.
Aug 26, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2012
I could use a recommendation for number 60! I'll read just about anything, but would prefer something around 100 chapters or less.
Aug 26, 2017 11:52 PM

Mar 2013
Kakukaku shikajika
LuciFer and biscuit hammer
Aug 27, 2017 4:07 AM

Jan 2015
Hey. I'm having a bit of a tough time finding an interesting manga adapted from a game/ln/original anime that I'd like to read for entry#30. Does someone have anything for me to give a shot to ?

Also, I'd rather watch an original anime than read an adaptation of it, so I'm looking more for ln/game mangas.

Aug 27, 2017 8:44 AM

Mar 2013
HapHazrD said:
Hey. I'm having a bit of a tough time finding an interesting manga adapted from a game/ln/original anime that I'd like to read for entry#30. Does someone have anything for me to give a shot to ?

Also, I'd rather watch an original anime than read an adaptation of it, so I'm looking more for ln/game mangas.

Gate, All you need is Kill, and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari are all based on ln.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Fire emblem champion's sword, and melty blood are all based on video games
Aug 27, 2017 9:05 AM

Jan 2015
AudioTsunami said:
HapHazrD said:

Gate, All you need is Kill, and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari are all based on ln.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Fire emblem champion's sword, and melty blood are all based on video games

Not interested in Gate, already read All you need is Kill and planning to read the Tsukihime VN first. Tate no Yuusha seems fine but I can't stand reading ongoing series. And Fire Emblem seems quite bland and is a side story of a franchise I know nothing of.
But thanks for trying, I know I'm a difficult audience.

Anyone got anything else that would fit ?

Edit: Alright, I found something.
HapHazrDAug 27, 2017 10:19 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

378 by Hexcellion »»
8 minutes ago

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
2 hours ago

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

21 by nishant0 »»
3 hours ago

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.