Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2017 9:02 AM

Mar 2013
Bambino!
Akira
Blame!
Jun 19, 2017 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
AudioTsunami said:
Bambino!
Akira
Blame!

ColdNobility said:

Drifting life for historical

Nausicaa of the valley of the wind for fantasy

Appreciate the reccomendations!
Jun 20, 2017 10:00 AM

Jan 2015
Hey guys, looking for some #60 rec. I don't really care about the genre so suggest anything that you liked :).
Also if anyone knows about a manga that has more Plan to Read than Completed because i can't find one ( I don't really know about manga)
Just in case, what does #50 mean? is it reading a shoujo with a male mc/ shounen with female mc or something completely different.

Any help is thanked in advance
Jun 20, 2017 11:04 AM
Jul 2018
Vvalsgran said:
Hey guys, looking for some #60 rec. I don't really care about the genre so suggest anything that you liked :).
Also if anyone knows about a manga that has more Plan to Read than Completed because i can't find one ( I don't really know about manga)
Just in case, what does #50 mean? is it reading a shoujo with a male mc/ shounen with female mc or something completely different.

Any help is thanked in advance

It's not really hard to find a manga with more PTR than Completed status if you go with older manga. Manga that aren't scanlated but are actually published in your country are also usually a good choice for this.

For example, it's the case of Banana Fish with its ~800 completed and ~2000 PTR. That manga is also valid for the #50, by being a shōjo with a male lead.

As for the #60… I've recently read Helter Skelter and it was pretty excellent by my standards, although it might be a little unsettling if you're new with manga, since that's typically the kind of manga you'll never see animated.
Jun 20, 2017 1:07 PM

Jan 2015
@lady_freyja

@ColdNobility
Thanks for the recommendations! I'm really new to manga so I really appreciate them
Jun 21, 2017 2:07 AM

Apr 2017
Could someone recommend me a manga please? I don't really have any preferences, I don't mind anything as long as it isn't Hentai. No more than 150 Chapters please.
The very last Manga I need to read. O:
Jun 21, 2017 6:31 AM

Mar 2013
Yuu0x0 said:
Could someone recommend me a manga please? I don't really have any preferences, I don't mind anything as long as it isn't Hentai. No more than 150 Chapters please.

Alright, I'm gonna level with you. I'll rec something that's less than 150 chapters, but I'm gonna tell you why you should read something that's 338 chapters instead.

Shamo is a LONG series. That's a tough sell, but it's in a genre you love, that gritty real fighting streetfight/mma sometimes genre. It goes through it's psychological phases with examining Ryou's mind state through much of the story, but it doesn't over stay it's welcome in spots and gets back to the brutality rather quickly in most cases. I just found it to be much better than Holyland, which is something you loved. I think the chapters are on the shorter side, and through many parts of the story the dialogue is sparse, which along with what I feel is a story that will genuinely interest YOU specifically, will turn it into a startlingly quick read.

Alternatively, All You Need Is Kill is literally something you can read in a sitting, so if you're crunched, it's good.
Jun 21, 2017 3:00 PM

Apr 2017
AudioTsunami said:
Yuu0x0 said:

Alright, I'm gonna level with you. I'll rec something that's less than 150 chapters, but I'm gonna tell you why you should read something that's 338 chapters instead.

Shamo is a LONG series. That's a tough sell, but it's in a genre you love, that gritty real fighting streetfight/mma sometimes genre. It goes through it's psychological phases with examining Ryou's mind state through much of the story, but it doesn't over stay it's welcome in spots and gets back to the brutality rather quickly in most cases. I just found it to be much better than Holyland, which is something you loved. I think the chapters are on the shorter side, and through many parts of the story the dialogue is sparse, which along with what I feel is a story that will genuinely interest YOU specifically, will turn it into a startlingly quick read.

Alternatively, All You Need Is Kill is literally something you can read in a sitting, so if you're crunched, it's good.

Ahaha, coincidentally enough, I intended to read Shamo soon anyways. I was interested in it for awhile, but I guess maybe your rec would be the final reason why I'll read it. Thank you. o/
Jun 23, 2017 10:41 PM

Mar 2016
Could anyone give me a rec for 60 and 62? I'll take anything that's 1-5 volumes long, fully scanlated and not something I've read. Just for the fun of it, I'll also read everything that's recommended to me here if it fits the criteria, even though I'll probably end up regretting it. Sadists, your time is now, give me your best shot.
Ironclad_CobraJun 23, 2017 11:38 PM
Jun 24, 2017 3:50 AM

Jul 2014
@Ironclad_Cobra
Since you liked Voynich Hotel, try Nickelodeon for 60
same author
Jun 24, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
virtual_core said:
@Ironclad_Cobra
Since you liked Voynich Hotel, try Nickelodeon for 60
same author

Yeah, I was going to read all of Douman Seiman's work this week anyway, pretty good that I can use it to cross off 60, so thanks.
Jun 24, 2017 1:28 PM

Mar 2012
Just one more and I'm done. Could someone give me a recommendation for #60? I'm mostly looking for something short (5 volumes or less), that is completely scanlated, and hopefully that's also in my PTR (though this last part is optional).

As for genres, I pretty much read anything but Yuri/Shoujo-ai, Police, and Mecha recommendations are more than welcome since I don't have many of them on my list.

@BrainpanSonata If you don't mind long series, Umineko no Naku Koro ni could be a good match (supernatural, psychological, thriller, horror, and mystery). But if you prefer shorter ones, maybe you could try with:
Heads
ES: Eternal Sabbath
Crime and Punishment: A Falsified Romance
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
yazioJun 24, 2017 1:41 PM
Jun 24, 2017 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
yazio said:
Just one more and I'm done. Could someone give me a recommendation for #60? I'm mostly looking for something short (5 volumes or less), that is completely scanlated, and hopefully that's also in my PTR (though this last part is optional).

As for genres, I pretty much read anything but Yuri/Shoujo-ai, Police, and Mecha recommendations are more than welcome since I don't have many of them on my list.

For a GL manga from your list.
Girl Friends is the very first manga that I ever read, so it holds a special place in my heart, but I do think it's among the best GL out there, if you're okay for heavy cutesy, moe-blobs characters and girlish content.

In the other hand, for a serious and "realistic" GL, Moonlight Flowers is pretty good.
Jun 24, 2017 3:50 PM

Mar 2012
lady_freyja said:
For a GL manga from your list.
Girl Friends is the very first manga that I ever read, so it holds a special place in my heart, but I do think it's among the best GL out there, if you're okay for heavy cutesy, moe-blobs characters and girlish content.

In the other hand, for a serious and "realistic" GL, Moonlight Flowers is pretty good.
I think that I'll go for Moonlight Flowers, thanks for the rec!
Jun 26, 2017 8:37 AM

Jan 2009
Can I use Mou Hitori no Marionette for "Read a manga about food, music or art?" It's about acting.
Jun 26, 2017 2:32 PM

Mar 2013
looks good

i like your avatar btw. Kogepan was funny
Jul 2, 2017 10:05 AM

Jun 2016
Can i have some help for 31. Read a manga that has inspired or been adapted to cd drama plz?

Jul 2, 2017 12:00 PM

May 2015
L0ro said:
Can i have some help for 31. Read a manga that has inspired or been adapted to cd drama plz?

You can try what I read:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/9174/Marginal
It's pretty nice if you like old shoujo. The art style is very good.

------

I need something for 40.Read a manga with an adult MC
Doesn't really matter what manga as long as it is complete and is fully translated of course.
Thanks for all the helpers.
Jul 2, 2017 12:06 PM

Jun 2016
TakeruChan said:
L0ro said:

You can try what I read:

------

Doesn't really matter what manga as long as it is complete and is fully translated of course.

Thanks for the help!!

Jul 2, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
TakeruChan said:
L0ro said:

You can try what I read:

------

you could read mushishi for 40. i'm reading it for a different item and i'm enjoying it so far. it's been licensed, and it'd probably be best to get the ebook versions because the print ones have been out of print for a while and are ridiculously expensive.

[edited to add link]
dumblypooJul 2, 2017 1:57 PM
Jul 2, 2017 1:56 PM

May 2015
dumblypoo said:
TakeruChan said:

You can try what I read:

------

you could read mushishi for 40. i'm reading it for a different item and i'm enjoying it so far.

Ah what are the chances lol, I dislike Mushishi so I wouldn't want to read it.
But thanks anyway
Jul 2, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
TakeruChan said:
dumblypoo said:

you could read mushishi for 40. i'm reading it for a different item and i'm enjoying it so far.

But thanks anyway

i'm reading honey & honey for 40, but it's yuri so idk how you feel about that. i haven't started it yet though, so i can't say anything about the quality. it's short and fully scanlated
Jul 2, 2017 2:04 PM

May 2015
dumblypoo said:
TakeruChan said:

But thanks anyway

i'm reading honey & honey for 40, but it's yuri so idk how you feel about that. i haven't started it yet though, so i can't say anything about the quality. it's short and fully scanlated

Not a big fan of Yuri but it looks nice and interesting, I will read it. Thanks!
Jul 2, 2017 2:15 PM

Jul 2014
TakeruChan said:
dumblypoo said:

Not a big fan of Yuri but it looks nice and interesting, I will read it. Thanks!

sure, glad to help!
Jul 6, 2017 6:21 AM

Apr 2017
I'm doing challenge #60 and need a recommendation. Please make it over 5 volumes.

Jul 6, 2017 4:01 PM

Mar 2013
HG360 said:
I'm doing challenge #60 and need a recommendation. Please make it over 5 volumes.

Slam Dunk
Kokou No Hitou
Bambino!
Jul 7, 2017 1:42 AM

Feb 2013
@MRC_mod made these BL themed banners to match the ones for the awc ^^

Jul 8, 2017 6:59 PM
Jul 2017
Hey guys, I'm looking for a rec for #60. Something relatively short would be preferable but apart from that I'm fine with whatever. Thanks!
Jul 8, 2017 7:58 PM

Mar 2013
jackgbg said:
Hey guys, I'm looking for a rec for #60. Something relatively short would be preferable but apart from that I'm fine with whatever. Thanks!

Kakukaku Shikajika
Densha Otoko
Shigurui
Jul 8, 2017 8:50 PM
Jul 2017
AudioTsunami said:
jackgbg said:

Kakukaku Shikajika
Densha Otoko
Shigurui

Thank you, much appreciated. :)
Jul 8, 2017 10:21 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Hello everyone, could you peeps give me some suggestions for this:

#60. Read a manga recommended to you by another Manga Reading Challenge participant in the discussion thread

Some of my all-time favorite manga are Akumetsu, The Breaker: New Waves, Kingdom, and Deadman Wonderland, if that helps. If we're going by genre I guess action is something highly desirable, fantasy is often enjoyable, martial arts are also a plus (not mecha tho, I despise mecha). Also, please don't let the MC be weak all through the series, it's fine if he gets stronger overtime (although it's a plus if he's strong from the get-go) but no wimps please.

Although, you can ignore all these "requirements" if the manga is really good! :D

Thank you~~
JicetusJul 8, 2017 10:36 PM

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 9, 2017 5:12 AM

Mar 2013
Alice in borderlands
Bambino!
Oyaji
Teppuu
Jul 9, 2017 9:25 AM

Mar 2016
Has anyone got any recs for manga that started in 2016? I need two (for last year and the year I joined MAL). No one shots, preferably completed. As long as it's not hentai or yaoi/shounen ai, I don't care what genre it is. If it's completed I don't really care if it's good either. This one was annoying in round one as well, then I got two more for the second. It's kind of making me regret the 'no one-shots' and 'nothing from the previous challenge periods' parts, but the first one was far too quick and a month and a half in I'm halfway through round two...
Also, anyone know of any manga starting with an 'r'? Using RiN for a different item before it's mentioned.
Jul 9, 2017 3:05 PM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
AudioTsunami said:
Alice in borderlands
Bambino!
Oyaji
Teppuu

Thank you, Oyaji was good. :)

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Jul 9, 2017 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
Ironclad_Cobra said:
Has anyone got any recs for manga that started in 2016? I need two (for last year and the year I joined MAL). No one shots, preferably completed. As long as it's not hentai or yaoi/shounen ai, I don't care what genre it is. If it's completed I don't really care if it's good either. This one was annoying in round one as well, then I got two more for the second. It's kind of making me regret the 'no one-shots' and 'nothing from the previous challenge periods' parts, but the first one was far too quick and a month and a half in I'm halfway through round two...
Also, anyone know of any manga starting with an 'r'? Using RiN for a different item before it's mentioned.

Damn you on your second challenge already? You should read for me. I'm like...7 manga into my first.

2016: Shounen Shoujo, Hana Samurai no Sahara, Good Night World is listed as 2016 on bakaupdates, Thunderbolt Fantasy is complete but not fully scanalated(only about 2/3rds, so probably won't finish until this time next year but still might be worth)
R: Ressentiment, Rookies
Jul 9, 2017 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
Jicetus said:
AudioTsunami said:
Alice in borderlands
Bambino!
Oyaji
Teppuu

Thank you, Oyaji was good. :)

Yup, tough guy stuff. Short too.
Jul 9, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2016
AudioTsunami said:
Ironclad_Cobra said:

Damn you on your second challenge already? You should read for me. I'm like...7 manga into my first.

2016: Shounen Shoujo, Hana Samurai no Sahara, Good Night World is listed as 2016 on bakaupdates, Thunderbolt Fantasy is complete but not fully scanalated(only about 2/3rds, so probably won't finish until this time next year but still might be worth)
R: Ressentiment, Rookies

Shounen Shoujo and Hana Samurai sound good, I'll use them. Good Night World is listed as Dec 28, 2015, though... I mean, I'll be reading it, so thanks, but still.
Can't believe I forgot about Rookies though, it's what I had in mind for my next read and it's sat patiently in my manga folder... I'm an idiot.
I'll read some manga for you too. Least I can do for your help. No idea how me reading manga helps you, but whatever, I'm up for it. So what do you want me to read?
Jul 9, 2017 8:06 PM

Mar 2013
@tsuyokunaru

can this guy be my manga reading proxy? I just want the badge lol
Jul 10, 2017 1:54 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Hello everyone! I'm looking for recommendations for manga, especially for #60. I would prefer something short, and also, the manga should have finished publishing. Any genre would do. I might even use the other recommendations for the other challenges, since they're still empty. I also haven't figured out #50: "Read a manga that has a main character of gender opposite to the demographic". Any recommendations for this one would be great. While I'm at it, can anyone recommend me something for #68? The one related to TVTropes.

I've got plenty more available slots for my Manga Reading Challenge. Here is my registration post in case you're curious.. I appreciate your recommendations. Thank you very much!
Jul 10, 2017 8:18 AM

Oct 2007
@AudioTsunami SURE!!! Go ahead and make him read all your stuff and then he can relay it to you via telepathy or something... but only if you check all the forms for me hohoho, that way you can be my proxy too ;) (OFC IT'S NOT ALLOWED)

That said, I'm also just 7 titles in on my own 37 items challenge so I know your pain, but you still have 6 more months to cry about it!! Also, stop messing with @Ironclad_Cobra please lol
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jul 10, 2017 9:47 AM

Mar 2016
@tsuyokunaru
Holy shit, becoming @AudioTsunami 's proxy comes with telepathic powers? Worth it, sign me up.
Jul 10, 2017 10:04 AM

Oct 2007
@Ironclad_Cobra Haha, actually it's the other way around! If you can make the telepathy work, you can become his proxy.
密室殺人はなぜ美しいのか。
Jul 10, 2017 10:15 AM

Mar 2016
@tsuyokunaru really though, the responsibility for that should be on @AudioTsunami. I read the manga so he reads my mind. Then he uses his spooky spook powers to teach me how to use them... Yes... in the end I will have psychic powers and will have put in no effort to get them. I like this plan. Get on with it, you want that badge, right?
Jul 11, 2017 11:12 AM

Mar 2017
@LunyRed Book Club, BioMeat: Nectar, Doumu... if you want a non-horror rec, Legend of the Sun Knight or Appleseed.

As for 50, you'll basically want to look for a shonen/seinen manga that has a female protag, or a shojo/josei manga with a male protag. I'll be reading Teppuu to fit that entry myself, and that might be short enough for your liking (35 chapters).

TVTropes, you're probably gonna wanna do that yourself, since you're basically going to be hitting the random button repeatedly until you find a trope you like with a manga you want to read.
Jul 11, 2017 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
Does character with animal ears count as non-human character?
If not - any non-human MC manga recommendation?
kasia240Jul 11, 2017 3:11 PM

Jul 11, 2017 10:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
@BrainpanSonata Thank you for the recommendations! I have picked up Doumu from your suggestions. For the rest, they might fit the criteria for my other challenges that are still empty.

I might as well pick Teppuu for my challenge #50, to help me save more time in choosing which manga to read for this challenge. A female MC in a martial arts manga has already piqued my interest.

Will be back in this thread when I'm stuck on the other empty challenges.
Jul 12, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2015
Any recommendations for:

- a manga that has inspired or been adapted to cd drama
- a manga that is a collection of short stories

thanks <33
Jul 12, 2017 7:49 PM

Mar 2013
Ruu said:
Any recommendations for:

thanks <33

Onanie Maaster Kurosawa for cd drama. Most everything else is yaoi.
Jul 12, 2017 7:49 PM

May 2015
ColdNobility said:
@Ruu

The Crater for short stoires

thank you!!! It looks interesting! :D
Jul 12, 2017 7:54 PM

May 2015
AudioTsunami said:
Ruu said:
Any recommendations for:

thanks <33

Onanie Maaster Kurosawa for cd drama. Most everything else is yaoi.

oh I saw that one but I didn't like the plot D:
That's why I was looking for something else xD

thanks anyway! <33
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (26) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Most obscure titles in your list.

Otakupervert890 - Feb 24

22 by Timeline_man »»
10 minutes ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

378 by Hexcellion »»
Today, 3:20 AM

» From all the ongoing (and on hiatus) manga, you can choose only one to eventually reach a conclusion. Which one would it be?

Caciulacdlac - Apr 10

5 by nishant0 »»
Today, 1:00 AM

» Do you guys pick up completed axed manga.

zkl_ - Feb 28

13 by bucciest »»
Yesterday, 11:27 PM

Poll: » What is your favorite shounen arc?

HM0710 - Sep 6, 2021

17 by Rhaelynne »»
Yesterday, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.