Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2017 9:17 AM

Jan 2016
Hi guys. I've been losing my inspiration to keep drawing and often i don't have any idea of who or what to draw. As you can see, i enjoy drawing characters and drawing them using my own style. I enjoy directing things in what i see would make a character visually "more-pleasing".

If anyone has any suggestions of what to draw next or simply find some pictures worth drawing or viewing, please post it here. It'll probably help me draw a lot more.

Any ideas of what character i should draw next is greatly appreciated too.

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/a5/8a/a5a58a0c2dfd84d56757f83b50bec34d.jpg

why not draw this one ofmy favorite character lucy from elfen lied and yuno from mirai nikki.
Jan 4, 2017 9:30 AM

Jan 2016
CuriousRobby9 said:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/a5/8a/a5a58a0c2dfd84d56757f83b50bec34d.jpg

why not draw this one ofmy favorite character lucy from elfen lied and yuno from mirai nikki.

You mean as in together?

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 9:56 AM

Nov 2013
You could perhaps try to draw your own original characters, if you didn't yet. You know as you can let your fantasy go wild without any harm and I guess that's the beauty in drawing and being able to draw.

This is one of my favorite OCs I came across on deviantart, sure there are a lot others and amazing digital artists too.

Some artists I really like and could possibly inspire you or at least I think they are worth enough time to look through, there are more but I could basically sit here and name them all forever.

Claparo / las-t / sayuu / wlop

Jan 4, 2017 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
TM said:
CuriousRobby9 said:

You mean as in together?

yea that would be cool, they have some similarities do they;re compared alot even though they're from different anime.
Jan 4, 2017 10:04 AM

Jan 2016
soaru said:
You could perhaps try to draw your own original characters, if you didn't yet. You know as you can let your fantasy go wild without any harm and I guess that's the beauty in drawing and being able to draw.

This is one of my favorite OCs I came across on deviantart, sure there are a lot others and amazing digital artists too.

Some artists I really like and could possibly inspire you or at least I think they are worth enough time to look through, there are more but I could basically sit here and name them all forever.

Claparo / las-t / sayuu / wlop

Currently, i don't think original work makes me satisfied. I've done several original works before that now i'm just okay with getting inspired and redrawing work however i see fit.

Claparo has couple of things i could see myself drawing already, thank you!

For Las-t i already follow him/her and sayuu i have them followed in pixiv. Wlop is too 3d so it's not my cup of tea. I'm getting my drawing stuff ready so i can start sketching and see what works and what doesn't.

If you ever find smth beautiful, please post it. I'll keep checking.

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2016
CuriousRobby9 said:
TM said:

You mean as in together?

yea that would be cool, they have some similarities do they;re compared alot even though they're from different anime.

I could do the Gasai Yuno but Lucy looks beyond helping.

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 10:11 AM

May 2013
Woow! Your drawings are amazing!

I wonder if I could give you any useful inspirations though... I didn't draw anything since months...
Had this stupid idea just now though, while I did not draw anything, I progressed with stories I'm writing (they're terrible, but eventually after hundreds of rewrites might will be good...) and I was wondering whether stories or something could give you inspiration? - or maybe I'm just curious how would someone else imagine my characters? Nah, my stories are pretty bad still, but maybe you can find some other stories that will inspire you. Or computer games, or something.
Jan 4, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
TM said:
CuriousRobby9 said:

lol wellLucy had it rough, her story is heartbreaking. Though i guess so is Yuno's, but anyway either one would be cool to see.
Jan 4, 2017 11:17 AM

Aug 2015
as someone perpetually stuck in writer's block i can understand how frustrating this must be.
hmm, a character to draw... how about heiwajima shizuo from durarara? something like this?
it's not like he's my favorite or anything

does music help you find inspiration? i've been especially fond of this song lately. so soothing and peaceful ♡
Jan 4, 2017 12:31 PM

Nov 2013
@TM As I completely forgot the fact you are an traditional artist let me share some traditional I love. I mean it's really inspiring and looks wonderful often more than any digital painting.

Naschi has one of the most refreshing pieces I have seen around.

Shuu though digital art has some monochrome pieces which give you the feel they were drawn on a paper or appear as sketches. I personally like this one of shuu's the most from the mono arts.

Jan 4, 2017 12:58 PM

Jan 2016
CuriousRobby9 said:
TM said:

lol wellLucy had it rough, her story is heartbreaking. Though i guess so is Yuno's, but anyway either one would be cool to see.

I haven't watched the show yet thats why i don't know anything but the cover of it. I'm not big on Gasai Yuno tbh but i do remember thinking that it'd be interesting to play around with her. It would be fun.

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 1:01 PM

Jan 2016
Sora_92 said:
Woow! Your drawings are amazing!

I wonder if I could give you any useful inspirations though... I didn't draw anything since months...
Had this stupid idea just now though, while I did not draw anything, I progressed with stories I'm writing (they're terrible, but eventually after hundreds of rewrites might will be good...) and I was wondering whether stories or something could give you inspiration? - or maybe I'm just curious how would someone else imagine my characters? Nah, my stories are pretty bad still, but maybe you can find some other stories that will inspire you. Or computer games, or something.

Tbh that sounds really interesting. To just read smth and then draw how i view the character. I never thought of that before. I guess mainly because i either read Manga or Novels. With novels i automatically think of real people so idk any stories that would make me think of it in an animated way.

Waifu_Material said:
as someone perpetually stuck in writer's block i can understand how frustrating this must be.
hmm, a character to draw... how about heiwajima shizuo from durarara? something like this?
it's not like he's my favorite or anything

does music help you find inspiration? i've been especially fond of this song lately. so soothing and peaceful ♡

I actually listened to that while i was sketching, i appreciate it. I sketch a lot too fast, so al the things i'm reading will probably be part of my practice sketches till i figure out who shall i enlarge next.

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 1:14 PM

Jan 2016
soaru said:
@TM As I completely forgot the fact you are an traditional artist let me share some traditional I love. I mean it's really inspiring and looks wonderful often more than any digital painting.

Naschi has one of the most refreshing pieces I have seen around.

Shuu though digital art has some monochrome pieces which give you the feel they were drawn on a paper or appear as sketches. I personally like this one of shuu's the most from the mono arts.

That one of Hinata is so cute! Colors are really hard! I'm not a fan of brushes too, it's not my area of expertise. After looking through all the artwork and sketching here and there, i ended up doing a joker game one. I tried a time lapse with pencils for the first time. I'm editing the video then will post a link. It actually was hard to keep a phone and draw while it's recording.

If people keep posting things in here, i probably will never run out of inspiration.

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 1:21 PM

May 2013
TM said:
Tbh that sounds really interesting. To just read smth and then draw how i view the character. I never thought of that before. I guess mainly because i either read Manga or Novels. With novels i automatically think of real people so idk any stories that would make me think of it in an animated way.

Is it? I'm glad if I could be a little help.
I read mostly manga too, not sure about how exactly I imagine characters of novels, but I think more like animated characters - or I guess it depends on many things. I know that though, I imagine the characters of the stories I'm writing as animated characters.

Do you have any stories in mind to try it out? (if you want to)
Jan 4, 2017 2:04 PM

Jan 2016
Sora_92 said:
TM said:

Is it? I'm glad if I could be a little help.
I read mostly manga too, not sure about how exactly I imagine characters of novels, but I think more like animated characters - or I guess it depends on many things. I know that though, I imagine the characters of the stories I'm writing as animated characters.

Do you have any stories in mind to try it out? (if you want to)

I was hoping you'd suggest some stories to try. Or the ones you write could be good. It'd be interesting to try it!

Lines
Jan 4, 2017 2:11 PM

May 2013
TM said:
I was hoping you'd suggest some stories to try. Or the ones you write could be good. It'd be interesting to try it!

Hmm... you mean novels? I don't really have any in mind. But I'll tell if I have some good ideas.
As for my stories, if you're interested, we can talk about those, or I might can show some, but they're very bad and just half complete - but if you're still interested, we can talk about them. I definitelly would be curious how you imagine the characters. But I'm not good in writing yet, so don't expect much...
IF you want to talk about them we could do that in profile comments or PMs though.
Jan 4, 2017 2:14 PM

Jan 2016
Hahhaha, yes i do want to talk about them. I'd like to try your stories. For novels, it would be almost impossible for me to imagine smth other than a real human being.

I'm uploading what i drew right now in YT. It's what i got after trying all the different ideas.

Lines
Jan 5, 2017 9:44 AM

May 2016
Hmm id ask you to take some time off and maybe go have a long drive and off to the nature rather than cities. cuz natual beauty will make you tickle with loads of ideas.

or maybe try looking at pictures that have vibrant colours if not here's one right here

~draw and show others your works(who would praise your work....like me: You have awesome drawings...really, im not kiddin' dont let that go to waste)

and lastly dont try drawing just one things...try loads... like not only anime characters but realistic pictures or maybe a mixture of many picture into one...

also, get in the basics of drawing.....again like drawing circles to create patters or rectangles ...etc
AND SLOWLY MOVE TO YOUR STYLE AGAIN.

Thats all my advice...hope you get your motivation back :)
DeisiyaJan 5, 2017 9:51 AM
Jan 5, 2017 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
Deisiya said:
Hmm id ask you to take some time off and maybe go have a long drive and off to the nature rather than cities. cuz natual beauty will make you tickle with loads of ideas.

or maybe try looking at pictures that have vibrant colours if not here's one right here

~draw and show others your works(who would praise your work....like me: You have awesome drawings...really, im not kiddin' dont let that go to waste)

and lastly dont try drawing just one things...try loads... like not only anime characters but realistic pictures or maybe a mixture of many picture into one...

also, get in the basics of drawing.....again like drawing circles to create patters or rectangles ...etc
AND SLOWLY MOVE TO YOUR STYLE AGAIN.

Thats all my advice...hope you get your motivation back :)

I don't have an issue with realistic drawings. I get tired and bothered by them so i leave that to when i go back to art school.

Characters in general interest me because i could always play with them and try to find out how different they can turn; good or bad.

I find that the best way for me to actually do smth is to just keep getting inspired by other people's work. Like a sense of drive ignites in me magically.

I appreciate your advice and take on it. That picture is pretty. Please keep posting as many as you can. They do inspire me one way or another.

Lines
Jan 14, 2017 7:56 PM
Jan 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOBpG3wUHr4&feature=youtu.be

Original story/music created by me. Maybe it'll spark some ideas
Jan 15, 2017 4:48 PM

Feb 2016
Well, your art style really reminds me of that of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu for whatever reason. It's actually quite refreshing to see, honestly. Maybe you could draw a character from that series? It seems to be among your favorites as well.
Jan 15, 2017 6:01 PM

Jan 2016
Exhalant said:
Well, your art style really reminds me of that of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu for whatever reason. It's actually quite refreshing to see, honestly. Maybe you could draw a character from that series? It seems to be among your favorites as well.

I actually did.

I do enjoy that art style. it's pretty and i keep sketching it from time to time. I always end up tweaking it though.

Lines
Jan 15, 2017 6:01 PM

Jan 2016
Rocketship_Sails said:

Are you going to create it into a novel or a manga?

Lines
Jan 16, 2017 11:00 AM
Jan 2017
TM said:
Rocketship_Sails said:

The story in that video I would someday like to make into a manga/anime. But currently I only have the funds to finance 1 idea, which is a more epic, long-running manga like Naruto and One Piece. I have volume 1 of that story written, looking for an artist now
Jan 16, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2016
TM said:
Exhalant said:

I actually did.

I do enjoy that art style. it's pretty and i keep sketching it from time to time. I always end up tweaking it though.
Well, there you go. Most of the artists I'm fond of are digital artists, but you mentioned somewhere in the thread that you would prefer things that were less 3D; correct me if I'm wrong. Even though, one artist I like is Ayaka Suda. I don't know if you'd prefer to check her out or not.

Jan 17, 2017 1:39 PM

Jan 2016
Exhalant said:
TM said:

I actually did.

Well, there you go. Most of the artists I'm fond of are digital artists, but you mentioned somewhere in the thread that you would prefer things that were less 3D; correct me if I'm wrong. Even though, one artist I like is Ayaka Suda. I don't know if you'd prefer to check her out or not.

I follow her on pixiv. I really like her art too. Very beautiful and elegant.

Lines
Jan 17, 2017 1:40 PM

Jan 2016
Rocketship_Sails said:
TM said:

The story in that video I would someday like to make into a manga/anime. But currently I only have the funds to finance 1 idea, which is a more epic, long-running manga like Naruto and One Piece. I have volume 1 of that story written, looking for an artist now

Good luck. That sounds like some plans ahead of you.

Lines
Jan 21, 2017 10:34 AM

Aug 2015
not sure if you're still looking for inspiration but here's a song i really adore, maybe you'll like it enough to sketch to, like that other one. ☆
Feb 21, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2016
Waifu_Material said:
not sure if you're still looking for inspiration but here's a song i really adore, maybe you'll like it enough to sketch to, like that other one. ☆

It should be an on going thread that i check whenever i wanna draw and cannot find the inspiration. It helps me pump it up. Plus for other people to share stuff.

On a side note. I really like it. I played it three times already. Thank you.

Lines

More topics from this board

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

7 by Vapor_AU »»
2 minutes ago

» The Poetry thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheConquerer - Sep 17, 2015

220 by 707supremacist »»
17 minutes ago

» What software(s) and hardware(s) do you use for digital drawings?

DesuMaiden - Apr 16

18 by 707supremacist »»
29 minutes ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
6 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.