Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 19, 2018 7:20 PM

Nov 2017
woah, lot of haters here .-. anyway Clannad and after story is the second ever anime that I watched. I agree the animation is not the best, but look at other great Key animes like Kanon, Air and the animation has no major difference. It's not the most overrated anime ever but it's a treasure to lot of people like me. Everyone has different taste, so don't call an anime overrated just because u don't like it for any fucking reason. Clannad is a treasure to lots of people like me. I don't know if you have finished after story yet, but if u really hate the story( I'm okay with someone not liking it while not liking and hating is a whole different level) of Tomoya and Nagissa, u really got some issues dude.

Dec 31, 2018 4:35 PM
Dec 2018
"ZetaNewtype" I'm pretty sure that you didn't watch the whole anime .. so please go watch it and have your judgement for yourself.
#kyoanistrong
Jan 12, 2019 4:07 AM

Jun 2013
It's easy to make an arguement for any popular anime to be overrated. Maybe we all just have different taste?

But Clannad is my favorite anime, so you and your shit taste can eat a duck.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2019 9:51 AM
May 2018
I just bingewatched the whole show. I have to say... it is a masterpiece. Not only is it extremely emotional, it is also very well written. While my first point is obviously subjective, the second point can't be denied (except by haters!).

Clannad is the Circle of Life, anime version. It tells the life of some characters, nothing more, nothing less. There's no anime out there that describes life as well as Clannad. There are so many things everyone can relate to, and that's why this series is so much appreciated. For example, when Tomoya struggles with his job, that's something everyone can relate to. And that's just one example among plenty others.
Of course I'm talking about After Story here ^^. As for the first season, I do find it very cliché and not particular in any way. But it is a necessary step to make After Story as powerful as it is, and honestly, the result is totally worth it.

My only complaint towards Clannad is the end of the story. I just finished it, so I'll look into it a bit more in case I missed something, but it just made no damn sense to me. In fact, the Final Episode just totally ruined the whole story for me...

For the rest, the arguments against Clannad are so stupid...

- Just because you don't like the eyes doesn't mean it's ugly. Besides, the eyes are just one detail among plenty others (light effects, environment detail, CGI, animation, ...).
And let's be frank folks, if you don't count the eyes, this anime is a candy in the eye. I still can't believe it is 10 years old!

- Just because you don't feel anything doesn't mean it is not emotional.
A series is emotional if it TRIES to be emotional. Of course it won't work for some and will work for others. And that's not the point.
It is emotional if it uses specific strings to TRY AND TOUCH the viewers.
For example, talking about difficulties in life IS emotional.
And that's exactly what After Story does: telling tragedies that are unfortunately common ; saying that everything changes and fades away despite what we do ; showing people that struggle in life to reflect on real people struggling in their real life.

The "other world" is also a very good emotional string: the mood in those scenes change with the mood in the real world. First, the story is joyful, hence the other world is full of lights. Then, the deeper and darker the story, the colder the other world.

And those are just two emotional strings among plenty others. The music obviously also plays a major role into making it emotional.

"But, with that definition, every series is emotional!". That's the thing : it's not true. Some series just try to make action scenes ; others just try to be dumb fun ; and of course, plenty others are emotional BUT don't focus ON the emotional side of the story, compared to Clannad which makes emotions the POINT of the story.

Anyway. If you didn't watch Clannad: frankly, After Story is totally worth it. The first season may not be that fun (I did enjoy it, despite it being cliché), but it is a necessary step to make you get into that huge emotional train called After Story. You can be sure you won't forget that ride..
Dante012Jan 13, 2019 9:54 AM
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Jan 17, 2019 9:21 AM

Sep 2018
Pls just stop doing these posts just accept that everyone has a different taste this just starts a war between fans and haters of a certain series
-Mullerio-Mar 14, 2019 1:53 PM
Jan 18, 2019 4:22 AM
May 2018
@Mullerio : Ironically, what you said is the most intolerant thing to say ever ^^'. There's nothing wrong in discussing and questioning others' opinions ; on the other hand, refusing the discussion is just pure narrow-mindedness.
Of course, there are ways to tell things. The OP's post does feel like a troll, but just because it goes against the general opinion doesn't mean it should not be said!
Everything changes. Even the happy and funny things eventually disappear. How can I still enjoy this place then?
- Furukawa Nagisa (Clannad)

You have to make a choice. Either you give up on your soul for the sake of science, or you give up on science to save your soul. In my case, the soul was already in pieces.
- Lloyd Asplund (Code Geass)

Do you understand the meaning behind Nunnaly's smile? She can't see or walk. So there are things in this world that she knows she can't do alone. Her smile... is her only way to show gratitude.
- Lelouch Vi Britannia (Code Geass)

Death is part of Life.
- ... Me.
Apr 12, 2019 11:40 PM
Mar 2018
Jc, Its 2019 now but still cant believe that people actually made this a serious debate. Good one, OP, an obvious rant becomes a successful bait. And its nice how you literally trashed at the anime and people enjoying it, while unable to talk back when your own beloved anime is trashed.

Apr 13, 2019 10:15 AM
Mar 2016
Aquamirror said:
No, you spelled Gintama wrong, op..
Aquamirror said:
No, you spelled Gintama wrong, op..

Speech Lvl 9999999999999999
Apr 19, 2019 4:48 AM
Jan 2018
Only arc in Clannad I liked was the Ushio arc, couldn't care less about Nagisa, the other routes were better too and I swear to god, I ain't even baiting here
ShihammeDarcApr 19, 2019 4:57 AM
Apr 22, 2019 12:35 PM

Dec 2012
It isn't overrated. Clannad might have a slow start but it leaves a big impact, which is why it deserves a high rating. The soundtrack is amazing too. The bread joke got old though.
Apr 22, 2019 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
Thread Locked

If you want to discuss whether or not certain series are overrated, this is the thread to do it in.
Take care of yourself

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.