Forum Settings
Forums

I don't know about any Dark Souls, but Super Mario Bros. 2 is hell when it comes to difficulty...

New
Dec 26, 2016 4:00 PM
Sep 2007
I intentionally mentioned Dark Souls simply for the fact that I pretty much know it only by title, and that I often read that it is a rather hard series.

Anyway, not that long ago, I decided to get into Mario series - played Mario Bros. (1983) for about 11 - 12 phases, and stopped because it's pretty much endless, and playing further would be a waste of time, after that Super Mario Bros., and it wasn't always easy, on contrary, I wonder how people managed in past to complete it without save function (god bless emulators), but I managed to beat all worlds.

Then I started SMB2 (or The Lost Level)...

Wow.

I didn't even played it all that much before I decided to put it away for a while, and I already can't count how much times I died.
I read they actually made totally different SMB2 for West because of difficulty.

Still, to be honest with all its hardness, I did found it rather addictive and fun, for what little I saw.

Anyone beat this game here?
Dec 26, 2016 4:22 PM

Nov 2014
Haven't played myself (not really into Mario) but I've seen some vids, that poison mushroom thing is such a dickish mechanic.
Dec 26, 2016 4:36 PM

Jun 2014
I haven't played the real SMB2 much, but it's quite challenging. I might pick up a copy for my FDS someday.

Dec 26, 2016 5:36 PM

Feb 2016
I've beat it fun game. We didn't get that one in the west for awhile the other SMB2 is also fun.
PSN:ShadowStrike002

2x national and 2x all-American wrestler

Dec 26, 2016 7:35 PM
Jul 2018
Dark Souls is an easy series that is considered hard because people have never played a hard game. If you use your shield and roll instead of clickspamming, it's easy. Super Mario Bros. 2 is WAY harder. Not the hardest thing ever, but hard.
removed-userDec 27, 2016 12:14 AM
Dec 26, 2016 7:48 PM

Feb 2013
Having played through the Dark Souls series I'd agree with you, but that's the case with a lot of old games. Megafuckingman.
Dec 26, 2016 8:45 PM

Jan 2013
Dark Souls = patience and try again when you die
Super Mario 2 = patience and try again when you die

????
Dec 26, 2016 9:16 PM

Sep 2012
they're both about the same
depending on how you play ds, sm2 is more varied with it's difficulty though

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

More topics from this board

» Nintendo is suing Palworld

Dumb - Sep 18

22 by ArabianLuffy »»
9 hours ago

» Favorite Playstation era

Kirika_Madeleine - Sep 14

30 by Kajiuran »»
10 hours ago

» Updating my pc

skapito - Sep 16

25 by BigBoyAdvance »»
11 hours ago

» What's the first website you ever visited? ( 1 2 )

TheBlockernator - Aug 6, 2023

68 by BigBoyAdvance »»
11 hours ago

» Is the idea that a game needs to respect your time a contradiction on the fundamental concept of video games

Reshiram_IX - Yesterday

9 by BigBoyAdvance »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.