Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2010 7:32 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Has anyone seen it yet, besides just the cover?
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

May 4, 2010 9:36 PM

Nov 2008
Someone should start translating it.

May 12, 2010 3:36 AM
Jul 2009
sbyrstall said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Has anyone seen it yet, besides just the cover?

I had it delivered to me recently, but in the Japanese language. I doubt the small fanbase for the original series would be dedicated enough to have it translated into English.

Anyway, so far it's a complete remake but with small changes, including the fact that the technology, fashions and setting are in our contemporary timeline. Also, there's more fanservice. Lots more.
Jun 29, 2010 9:57 AM

Jun 2008
I really don't like that. Fanservice was never part of the series. Okay a few times that Minmay fell we might have gotten a panty shot, but that's the worst of it. I think Frontier had a lot more.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 20, 2012 9:24 AM

Sep 2008
There is a scanlation of the first chapter out now from a group called Red Shoulder.

Jan 23, 2012 7:49 AM

Dec 2009
glad someone has translated it finally :)

1st chapter was good, cant wait for the next!

Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

Feb 17, 2013 6:14 PM

Aug 2009
Reading Macross: The First made me remember how amazing Macross is! =D
Gladly it is based on the TV Series (not based on the Do You Remember Love movie. It's just my opinion, but I like the TV version better)

I noticed that scene when there are a lot of people taking pictures, and some of them were with cellphones (which, of course, they wasn't in the original TV series)!
May 13, 2013 4:17 AM

Jun 2010
thanks for the heads up on the red shoulder translations.

i just read the first 3 chapters and was pretty much what I remembered in the original series. It didnt sway far from it.The artwork was good, but still had that nostalgic look of the 80's which I really liked. I was kind of expecting a more modern style art going from the description on MAL...
Really pleasantly supprised and enjoyed it and also made me remember how great the original was. I hope red shoulder keeps translating.. and even better.. hope it gets an anime adaption in the future!

Doubt it but one can only dream...

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross - The First Chapter 3 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Dec 28, 2015

0 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
Dec 28, 2015 3:11 PM

Poll: » The Super Dimensional Fortress Macross - The First Chapter 2 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Jun 7, 2014

0 by Dodecahedron-O24 »»
Jun 7, 2014 4:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.