Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 30, 2016 5:58 AM

Apr 2016
Hello everyone,

I just saw S;G 0 in the PS4 store, is it worth buying? S;G is one of my favorite anime of all time and I thought about rewatching it anyway in the future... Should I just buy the VNs, the original one and S;G 0?

Nov 30, 2016 6:07 AM

Jun 2015
sokawaiixd said:
Hello everyone,

I just saw S;G 0 in the PS4 store, is it worth buying? S;G is one of my favorite anime of all time and I thought about rewatching it anyway in the future... Should I just buy the VNs, the original one and S;G 0?

Yes, buy it.

Buy 2 lol.

The VN is AMAZING it's more superior than the previous VN
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Nov 30, 2016 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
The anime adapted the original visual novel pretty well, you lose nothing of importance by not reading it.
Nov 30, 2016 7:24 AM

Jan 2013
sokawaiixd said:
Hello everyone,

Been playing Steins;Gate 0 since it launched yesterday, and it is very worth the purchase. Make sure you have rewatched the anime, and I do recommend playing the first VN but it isn't completely necessary.
Nov 30, 2016 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
There is an english patch already available for PC version ripped straight from the English release, but you need the Japanese one to make it work.

You can find both of these things easily if you know where to find them, for those who are interested/Don't have a PS4/Vita.
GoldenSaltPillarNov 30, 2016 7:51 AM
Nov 30, 2016 7:59 AM

Jul 2015
You can end with best girl Ruka in the original game, so it's probably a bit better than the anime...
Nov 30, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2016
Syrup- said:
sokawaiixd said:
Hello everyone,

Been playing Steins;Gate 0 since it launched yesterday, and it is very worth the purchase. Make sure you have rewatched the anime, and I do recommend playing the first VN but it isn't completely necessary.

Playing both VNs should be enough right? or does S;G 0 start from the point the anime/movie ended?
Nov 30, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
sokawaiixd said:
Syrup- said:

Playing both VNs should be enough right? or does S;G 0 start from the point the anime/movie ended?
If you are going to play the original, I highly recommend this! The true ending (and the final two episodes of the anime) is the real gist of Steins;Gate 0.

The movie is not entirely canon btw. Chiyomaru says the anime wasn't canon because the obvious amount of stuff that could not be adapted to it, and the movie works as a sequel to that anime. It's more of a fanservice piece than a real extension of the plot. Steins;gate 0 is canon, however.
Syrup-Nov 30, 2016 12:30 PM
Dec 1, 2016 8:36 AM

Apr 2016
Syrup- said:
sokawaiixd said:

If you are going to play the original, I highly recommend this! The true ending (and the final two episodes of the anime) is the real gist of Steins;Gate 0.

The movie is not entirely canon btw. Chiyomaru says the anime wasn't canon because the obvious amount of stuff that could not be adapted to it, and the movie works as a sequel to that anime. It's more of a fanservice piece than a real extension of the plot. Steins;gate 0 is canon, however.

I knew about the movie, but it fits perfectly to the anime and it doesn't affect the ending at all. Soo, S;G 0 is basically an alternative ending, I think I might wait for the movie then. Accidentally read your spoiler, but I expected that anyway.
Dec 1, 2016 9:19 AM

Jan 2013
sokawaiixd said:
Syrup- said:

I knew about the movie, but it fits perfectly to the anime and it doesn't affect the ending at all. Soo, S;G 0 is basically an alternative ending, I think I might wait for the movie then. Accidentally read your spoiler, but I expected that anyway.
No. Steins; Gate 0 is part of the true ending but the result of an alternative ending. Yes, it's weird, but this is Steins; Gate.
Dec 2, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
Get it now. I've played through S;G and am currently on S;G 0. Both are absolutely amazing. You won't be disappointed with 0, it's not some shitty R3 sequel.
Dec 2, 2016 10:07 AM

Apr 2016
OneTrueEmiya said:
Get it now. I've played through S;G and am currently on S;G 0. Both are absolutely amazing. You won't be disappointed with 0, it's not some shitty R3 sequel.

R3=Code Geass? If yes I never understood the hype 'bout it anyway. It's a very good show, but not what people claim it to be.

I guess I have no other choice, S;G is on sale in the steam store aswell + I have vacations next month, sounds like I have something to do c:
Dec 2, 2016 10:15 AM

Nov 2012
Currently playing through S;G and I already have 0 for PS4 on my Amazon wish-list to buy as soon as I finish the first one.
Dec 2, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
I'm about 9.5 hours in. The first major plot point was very well done. They definitely did not hold back any budget from this game.

sokawaiixd said:

The spoiler is something you need to know if you're going into Steins;Gate 0. It's the premise for the story. I spoilered it because people who didn't finish the original anime might have seen it and had a surprise taken away from them. As for the movie, I like it too. It's a sequel to the Steins Gate world line (1.048596%), but this is takes place in a world line outside of that, meaning the events lead to WW3. I don't know what you mean by waiting for the movie, since there's only one movie and it's already out. There is an adaptation on the way but that might be in Spring of next year or later.
Syrup-Dec 2, 2016 2:07 PM

More topics from this board

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
2 hours ago

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 12 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
12 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.