Forum Settings
Forums

'Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi!' 2017 Rankings Revealed

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2016 2:32 AM

Apr 2012
I am extremely happy that in a poll ReZero bypassed even such popular titles, even if Rem failed to "win" Misaka. Surprisingly only that Mahouka do not hit the list.
Nov 22, 2016 2:41 AM

Apr 2012
larethian said:
Ryuuou is about Shogi. It has strong backing by GA bunko in a mixed media project with strong star power in its drama CD, and already 2 years old not 1 year mind you guys. It was also ranked last year at 26 iirc. Like Hikaru no go, it also receives professional counsel and editorial supervision from shogi pros. The protag is a 16-year old title holder, the loli is his first disciple. The master-disciple relationship is somewhat modeled after real-life shogi pros, Yonenaga Kunio and Hayashiba Naoko, who also went into apprenticeship in elementary school and lived with her master. Aside from the protag, his ane-deshi (fellow senior female disciple under the same master) is also a title holder. Blah blah blah...

In this case, it is strange that, there is no spokon tag if this is moe-version Hikari no Go
Nov 22, 2016 2:44 AM
Nov 2010
There are some interesting synopsis in the Books section, I might at least try a few of them. Also, that a nice-looking Overlord cover.

As for the other lists, nothing worth of notice.
Nov 22, 2016 5:05 AM

Sep 2013
Misaka #1 again, no surprise there.
But rem no. 2? LOL ,that's yukino's place. If only they released yahari vol 12.

Pop_LoL said:
Ermm... i don't understand why misaka mikoto is still in Number one... The anime ended a long long time ago and there are many character better than misaka

so what? this is kono "LIGHT NOVEL" ranking, not some anime poll. And no characters even come close to Misaka's awesomeness.
Nov 22, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 2011
Rimuru couldn't win because a slime has no gender.
Nov 22, 2016 11:27 AM

Aug 2013
When was the pole taken? because I don´t believe Rem would have gotten second place if they didn´t take the pole while the anime was airing.
On a side note I have never even heard about half those light novels.

Nov 23, 2016 12:19 AM

Dec 2011
DarknessSerpent said:
When was the pole taken? because I don´t believe Rem would have gotten second place if they didn´t take the pole while the anime was airing.

The online part of the poll (which the character rankings is entirely based on) was during September so it started while the anime of Re:Zero was still airing, yes. I very much disagree with your belief, though - Rem is hugely popular and people don't suddenly lose interest in characters after their series' anime adaptation ends.

@daime17 - I'm sure they wouldn't have excluded Rimuru from the male rankings if sufficient people voted for them.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 23, 2016 4:11 AM

Sep 2007
Damn some name i don't know.
And thanks for the answers about the first place.
I was surprised to see Tensei Slime ...
No love for Kumo Desu Ga ? :p
EDIT : I don't know how to read. <_<
Kumo 3rd !
Nov 23, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2014
Index sales dropping off into abyss, index ranking goes up to heavens. LOL fuck this, getting tired of misaka up there, to be honest. Some hardcore fans, no?
At least no oregairu this year (which is a bit surprising, to be honest)

SAO dropped to 4th... sigh, Feels like cactus man
Tho I approve ReZero, Mushoku sensei, gamers and konosuba right there

Oh, also no "New works" ranking this year?
TapuTapuuNov 23, 2016 10:51 AM
Nov 23, 2016 10:55 AM

Dec 2011
Yohimo_asakura said:

At least no oregairu this year (which is a bit surprising, to be honest)

No volumes released in the year so not eligible.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 23, 2016 5:17 PM
Sep 2013
@Snow

The link for *8. Emilia (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)

is linked to Rem. Just a minor correction to point. Hope you don't mind me.
Dec 1, 2016 6:39 PM

Aug 2013

Best Male characters Top 10

10位:Kyousuke from Blood Sign

Best female top 10

7位:White Queen

NICE

They ranked despite not having an anime, manga and close to none advertisement outside a few crossover novels.
The Queen is unstoppable.

Toshiya_Dec 1, 2016 6:48 PM
Dec 13, 2016 10:06 AM

Dec 2011
starlessn1ght said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

@starlessn1ght - they are light novels. The "books" ranking is a new ranking this year which seems to be of series that are not bunkobon releases, some of which weren't previously eligible (but got in the character rankings sometimes anyway). I'll be able to confirm when I receive my copy if noone else has beforehand. I use a slow postage method though so don't expect it for a while yet.

Please mention me when you confirm it.

@starlessn1ght -
Confirmed
Mar 16, 2017 3:31 PM
Jul 2016
They sure do like SAO don't they? How could Kirito be ranked so high on best male character? He's so flat.
May 19, 2017 4:02 AM

Aug 2014
Pixxz said:
They sure do like SAO don't they? How could Kirito be ranked so high on best male character? He's so flat.

because alot of fans i guess?
He also got alot of boost from novel,game,and recent movies.

Meanwhile Index still owning year after year despite not having adaptation for years.

Not sure why people fighting rem is the best female characters.

Misaka mikoto have his own Story and been supporting in Index novel for years, Railgun even got novel adaptation announcements few days ago.
I am not sure why Touma could reach up there too, but they're original characters and they're not overpowered or flat.
Same thing to Accelerator which even get his own Manga about his own stories.

Meanwhile Rem is a Main character, good progress, dumped for plot, become like a side character, in a repeating cycle of story.

If theres something that should amaze you then it must be how the hell To Aru Majutsu got top 10 years after years with the same character (sometimes new characters pop up), despite having lower fanbase compared other LN?
and heck anime adaptation was 6 years ago and they're still up there.
May 20, 2017 8:19 PM

Jun 2013
All praise Ainz-sama!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

14 by CocoaGalaxy »»
11 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Apr 26

10 by Deoxyribo9 »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

» 'Detective Conan' Creator's 'Yaiba' Manga Receives New Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 7

20 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:23 PM

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - May 9

5 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:21 PM

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 9

2 by Zedlin »»
May 10, 4:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.